InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To Remember You ❯ Who to Choose ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
InvincibleInuYasha: Omg, I'm tired. Damn, I have homework too! I better write just a little bit before I start that. Or maybe the other way around! He he. So, I'll just make a quick little chapter, since nobody's reviewing and they're not helping me choose the best ending. REVIEW!

Disclaimer: IY isn't mine! End of story!


*Chapter 15: Who to Choose*


"Kagome?" I opened my eyes and saw Inu Yasha leaning over my face. He smirked, "Wake up, princess." I rubbed my eyes and got up. Tatsuya was leaning on the doorway, back into his hanyou form. I smiled, "Are you feeling better." Tatsuya smirked, "Yeah. But it hurt like shit." Inu Yasha rolled his eyes, "He woke me up at sunrise screaming. It's not that big a deal." "Inu Yasha, SIT!" A light emitted from the necklace underneath Inu Yasha's shirt and pulled his down to the ground. Once Inu Yasha had shaken off the effects of the sudden impact, he yelled, "What was that for wench!?" I smiled mischieviously, "It's not funny when somebody is in pain, I'll let you know that. So, stop making fun of Tatsuya. He's your reincarnation after all." Inu Yasha shouted, "I never saw Kikyo treating you like her little sister! Why should I be nice to this guy I hardly know!?" Tatsuya frowned, "You don't looked any bit older then me. Why should you be the big brother?" Inu Yasha scowled, "Because, asshole, I'm freakin' centuries older than you!" Tatsuya had a stupid look on his face, "Oh. But still, you act way immature." Inu Yasha growled, "What did you say to me?" Tatsuya mouthed out the words very clearly while repeating what he said, "You're too immature." Inu Yasha snarled and pounced on top of Tatsuya, "That's IT!" Tatsuya shouted out in shock and threw Inu Yasha over his head and into the wall of the hallway. Inu Yasha clutched his head, "Shit! Where the hell did you learn how to do that?" Tatsuya smirked, "I taught myself. It's an advanced form of martial arts that I made up." Inu Yasha narrowed his eyes at Tatsuya, "You're lucky I didn't know that before. Otherwise you'd be begging for your life." I laughed, 'Inu Yasha, stop being such a sore loser. Anyway, you caught Tatsuya off guard and attacked him. He only tried to defend himself." Inu Yasha screamed, "And then rub it in my face!? What the hell!? That bastard just likes to gloat is all." Tatsuya rolled his eyes, "Sure. Whatever you say."

After Inu Yasha had gotten over his little tantrum, we went down to the kitchen for breakfast. Inu Yasha and Tatsuya sat on opposite ends of the table while I snatched a few eggs and strips of bacon from the fridge. I turned the stove on and began to heat the pan when I saw Inu Yasha glare at Tatsuya, "What are you doing?" Tatsuya looked up from a napkin he was folding, "Hmm?" Inu Yasha raised an eyebrow and stared at the napkin, "That. What are you doing?" Tatsuya returned his concentration on the napkin, "I'm trying to prctice this weird oragami fold. It's supposed to look like a lizard or something." Inu Yasha sneered, "It just looks like a flimsy napkin to me." Tatsuya rolled his eyes and tossed the napkin in the garbage, "You're really discouraging. And pessimistic." Inu Yasha frowned, "Eh?" I laughed and continued to fry the bacon, "It's true Inu Yasha. It's really hard to do anything when you're around." Inu Yasha turned to face me, "What's that supposed to mean!?" I stuck out my tongue, "You're mean!" Inu Yasha pouted and, surprisingly, stayed quiet until the food had been served. Then he ate without worrying about being rude. Tatsuya did pretty much the same.

They're both really great guys. They may not see it, but they seem to get along just fine. They just argue a lot, like me and Inu Yasha used to. But, I like them both. Inu Yasha... I loved him before. But now, I got used to hanging out with Tatsuya. I think I'm starting to like him. It's really confusing though. If Inu Yasha has a reincarnation, then that means...- "Kagome? Hellooo?" I opened my eyes. Inu Yasha was waving his hand in front of my face, "You were all spaced out there for a second." I smiled, "Oh, I was just thinking." Inu Yasha narrowed his eyes, "About what?" I opened my mouth to say something, but before I could, Tatsuya butted in, "You shouldn't just poke into people's heads like that. It's rude." Inu Yasha stared at Tatsuya with an angry expression, "<i>You're<i> trying to tell me who's rude? You're the one who was slurping your ramen like crazy the other day!" Tatsuya huffed impatiently, "Well, I'm just letting you know that it's not very comfortable to tell somebody what you're thinking. For example, what are you thinking of now Inu Yasha?" Inu Yasha stared daggers at Tatsuya, "I'm thinking about the oh so many ways I could kill you right now." Tatsuya smiled, "There, don't you feel better now that you've expressed yourself?" Inu Yasha rolled his eyes and said sarcastically, "Sure. I feel great."

Inu Yasha seemed really lost in thought for the other parts of the day. Otherwise, his mind was just blank the whole time. No, because when I saw him, he'd have this weird look on his face. Tatsuya was watching his favorite show on TV now, and I was outside. Inu Yasha was sitting in the Goshinboku. I've wondered what he was thinking about. Then, I guess, I was so lost too that Inu Yasha had to jump down from the tree and wake me up again. He asked, "Is whatever you're thinking about so important that you just space out all the time?" I smiled weakly, "I guess. It's really complicated so, that's why I'm lost." Inu Yasha raised his eyebrows in interest, "Would you like to tell me?" I bit my lip, "It's about you. And I just hope that I'm wrong... because I never want anything like that to happen to you." "What is it?" "Tatsuya. In order for him to be your reincarnation, your soul would have been transferred to him. The question is, how did your soul leave you in the first place. To lose your soul, you'd have to... to die." Inu Yasha inhaled sharply before saying, "I thought about that too. At first I thought that it wasn't such a big deal because I'm alive now and I'm existing at the same time as him right now. But then I thought about how my soul could have gotten to him. Yes, I'd have to die. And I'm not happy about it." His morose expression gave that feeling away. He sighed, "I just don't know when or how I died. It's weird. You would've thought that Naraku would have killed me when he got the chance. But since he didn't, I hope that I still have a lot of time left. I want to make up for the time we were apart." He smiled at me, a rare sight, "I only thought about you when I was trapped in Naraku's castle. Just you. The only reason I tried to escape was because of you, and the hope that you were still alive. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure I would have just given up and let Naraku finish me off. Good thing I didn't, since you're here with me now." I wiped my eyes, "How come you've never said anything like that to me before?" Inu Yasha closed his eyes, his bangs shadowing them darkly, "Because I figured we'd have a lot more time together, so I could say it when I was ready. But being ready came too late." I moved closer to Inu Yasha and hugged him, "I just thought I'd let you know... I love you." Inu Yasha lifted his head up again and looked into my eyes, "Really?" I smiled, "Of course. I wouldn't lie to you. And... I love everything about you." Inu Yasha looked as if the weight of the world had been lifted off of his shoulders, "Kagome, I love you too. I've loved you for so long. I just couldn't tell you. And all those times Kikyo was around... they didn't mean anything to me when I met you. Besides, she was dead, I didn't want to give my heart to an empty shell of clay. I only allowed her near me because, I just couldn't break all of those promises. But when I realized that I loved you, then, I didn't care anymore. She wanted to drag me to hell with her, she wanted me to die so she could be happy. But that's not love. I didn't want to be with her, I just wanted to be with you." He smiled, "Now that I am, I can feel happy again."

"Inu Yasha, I'm sorry that you had to put up with Naraku for so long. I just want him to die, especially after he did that to you. But I can't do anything myself. I really am just a normal, weak human." Inu Yasha started chuckling. I asked, "What?" Inu Yasha said, "You're not any normal human. You're a miko. A miko with incredible power. You just haven't discovered the strength within you. But, you have amazing power, enough to destroy Naraku even." Is that possible? Me? "But, before you'd always have to rescue me from almost everything. I couldn't defend myself from a lot of demons, I'd need you there." Inu Yasha smirked, "You just need some training is all. Then your true powers should be unleashed, and with some more training, you should be able to control it all very easily." I smiled, "Could you help me train?" Inu Yasha frowned, "I'm sorry. I can't. We can't do anysort of training here, in this time period. We'd have to go to the Feudal Era again. But I can't go back there. Without the Tetseiga, then anything around me can start up my demon blood. I just don't want to take the risk." "So, I can't train?" Inu Yasha shook his head, "No. But, in certain situations, you'll be able to temporarily enable the maximum power. But only in really desperate times." "What about that time two years ago when Naraku attacked us? How come they didn't work then?" Inu Yasha sighed, "I guess it's because you didn't have the will to fight then. You were probably in shock when all of that happened. Shippo was absorbed into that bastard, Miroku got himself sucked into his own Wind Tunnel, and Sango and Kilala were stabbed. I almost lost it. But, being a human, you have stronger emptions than I do. I only have a fraction of your emotions. So, you couldn't have done anything after watching you're closest friends die." I nodded, "I can't believe anybody could be so heartless. Even Naraku. He is just killing for fun. That's just destruction. I just wished tghat I could have stopped him. I miss them all so much." Inu Yasha shook his head, "You couldn't have helped. So stop blaming yourself for it." I hung my head, "But... I've thought about it for so long. I could have distracted him beforehand so you could use your Wind Scaron him. I could have done something and that could have changed everything. I could ha--" Inu Yasha grabbed the back of my head and pressed his lips against mine.I was surprised at first, but then I relaxed. He's never kissed me before. He pulled back, a deep red blush on his face, "Stop saying things like that. You couldn't do anything, just face it." He got up and held out his hand to me, "It's getting late." I smiled and took his hand. He helped me up and pulled me into a hug. I looked over his shoulder, into the living room window. From behind the cutain, I could have sworn I saw a certain golden-eyed teenager watching us.

Inu Yasha decided that he wanted to sleep outside that night, in the Goshinboku. Tatsuya was quiet most of the time, except at dinner, where he only asked Souta to pass the rice. Once Inu Yasha was outside, Tatsuya and I sat on the couch to watch TV. When Tatsuya hadn't said anything for fifteen minutes, I asked him, "What's wrong." He didn't look at me,but he whispered, "It's no big deal." But I persisted, "Something's wrong. You can tell me." Tatsuya sighed and got up, "eave me alone. I don't want to talk about it." He started to walk towards the door, but I grabbed his wrist, "What's wrong? Did I do something?" Tatsuya glared at me, hurt, "Yes, you did." He yanked his arm from my grasp and ran upstairs. I heard a door slam. He probably saw me and Inu Yasha earlier. I curled up on the couch, and started to cry.

I heard a knock on the door, "Kagome?" I looked up, my eyes puffyt and red from crying. Inu Yasha's eyebrows furrowed as he came to sit down next to me, "What's wrong?" I wiped my eyes, "It's Tatsuya." "What about him?" "I think he saw us before. When we kissed." Inu Yasha shrugged, "So? What's it got to do with him?" I didn't want to tell Inu Yasha. He might get angry, "Um, Inu Yasha. Tatsuya likes me. He kissed me before. And... I kind of like him too." Inu Yasha's eyes narrowed, his amber eyes glowing with pain, "Why didn't you tell me before? I wouldn't have tried to kiss you if you liked somebody else." I closed my eyes, "I'm sorry. It was so hard without any of you guys. Tatsuya befriended me, I trust him. And he looked just like you then. When I kissed him, I was pretending I was kissing you. I never got to kiss you, but I wanted to so badly, that I thought I would feel better if I pretended it was you. But afterwards, I realized that it wasn't as great as it would be with you." Inu Yasha sighed, "Kagome, please, tell me the truth. Do you love me? With all of your heart?" I bit my lip, "I'm sorry Inu Yasha. I don't know. I can't say yes, because I'm afraid it might be the wrong thing to say." Inu Yasha looked out of the window, "So I guess I'll take that as a no." "No! I didn't say that. I love you Inu Yasha, I really do. But before I tell you all my love is yours, I want to make sure. I just don't want to lie to you. Please, give me some time to figure this out." Inu Yasha sighed and walked towards the door, "Okay Kagome. I just want you to be happy. If you're happier with Tatsuya, I'm okay with that. Don't say anything just to make me feel better." He walked out of the room. I looked out of the window and saw him slump against the Goshinboku, his silver bangs shadowing his eyes. Now I know how he felt, every single time I pushed him to pick me or Kikyo. I just don't want to lie to him.

Tatsuya is a different story. He never experienced this pain, of having to pick just one person to love. But, him and Inu Yasha are almost the same. Same face, similar pasts. But their personalities have so many differences. I mean, they both are stubborn in a way, but Tatsuya is patient and tries to be polite, and Inu Yasha likes to be arrogant and yell a lot. They're both really great. And I don't want to see any of their hearts to be broken. I love them both, but I can only choose one.



*Chapter Fifteen End*




InvincibleInuYasha: AAAAAAAAAGH! I've got some retarded social studies report due in two days! and I barely even started. I like to write so much, that I just stopped doing my homework! My grades are slightly dropping, so i guess i better take at least FIVE minutes a day to homework. Unless of course, i get it all done during advisory! Well, i g2g! REVIEW!