InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To Remember You ❯ Finding Allies ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
InvincibleInuYasha: *sigh* i feel tired and sad. As usual, I didn't get ne valentines. o well! Better keep writing my story so nobody eats me!

Disclaimer: I do not own Inu Yasha and Co. Leave me alone. But review!



::Chapter 24: Finding Allies::

The teenaged-girl wore and orange kimono and she had her jet black hair tied into a side-ponytail. She smiled, her teeth shining white, "Sesshomaru-sama! We have guests!" She stepped aside and bowed, "Please come in." Inu Yasha raised an eyebrow in amusement at the girl's actions, but he walked in anyway. Kagome and I walked in behind him. The girl closed the door behind us and led us into the house until we reached a small room. The girl said, "Please, sit down. I'll bring some tea." So, as she told us to we sat down. Inu Yasha sighed, "I wonder why Sesshomaru is still traveling with that girl. I'm surprised she's not dead. He's not the best guardian ya know. And he's alive too, that's a shocker."

Suddenly a deep voice from behind made us turn around, "Dare you speak of my strength so lightly little brother?" Inu Yasha scoffed and got up, "Well, I guess you did okay, seeing as you're still alive, Sesshomaru." Sesshomaru was very tall and had long, white hair. There were two purple stripes on each side of his face and there was a navy blue cresent moon in the middle of his forehead. He looked a lot like my brother, who's name also happens to be Sesshomaru. Except my brother's hair is just one shade darker and he has no unusual markings on his face.

Sesshomaru seated himself on the other side of the room and did not look at me. Inu Yasha sat back down as well. Sesshomaru asked, "Inu Yasha. I see you aren't carrying Tetsusaiga. Has it been destroyed while being handled by you?" Inu Yasha's lip twitched, "Naraku broke it. But since it's broken now, I see no reason why you should try to kill me." Sesshomaru chuckled lighty, "Brother, you think I have always been trying to kill you? I was simply trying to train you, as father had requested." Inu Yasha shouted, "What!?" Sesshomaru's blank face returned, "Just before you were born, I was going to leave home. However, father had asked me that if I ever were to see you, I should train and protect you, harshly so you would learn. I wasn't going to do what father had asked. But then I heard of your birth and his death. I wanted to fulfill father's final bid to me. So while your mother cared for you, I would often return to the outskirts of that small village. As you grew older and your mother passed away, I would rise conflict with you. The person you are now is pretty much built by me. I made you tough, I made you confident." Inu Yasha blinked, "How am I supposed to believe all of this? And why are you telling me this stuff anyway?" Sesshomaru said, "Seeing as you haven't been in sight or scent in about a year, I figured you had died. But you may as well know now, since I have no new motive with which to train you. I believe you are powerful enough."

Inu Yasha rolled his eyes, "Whatever. Sesshomaru, we're on our way to defeat Naraku. We were hoping you would be able to help us in doing so, but it looks like your army has already failed." Sesshomaru said, "They failed because Naraku had struck when I was away. Some survivors of the battle claimed that he had had another incarnation. More powerful than the others." Inu Yasha cursed under his breath, "Damn. Anyway Sesshomaru, I don't care about your army. I care about getting rid of Naraku. So are you going to help us or not? We're in a hurry." Sesshomaru smirked, "I shall accompany you. I too wish for Naraku's death. After all, he nearly killed Rin numerous times."

Sesshomaru looked at me, "It seems you have a reincarnation, Inu Yasha. How is this possible?" Kagome said, "We think it's because he will die before Tatsuya was ever born. But we're hoping that we're wrong." Sesshomaru said, "Has it ever occured to you that the last time you fight Naraku may be the last moments of Inu Yasha's life? Maybe this last battle will be Inu Yasha's last fight. I don't see what else could kill Inu Yasha so easily." Inu Yasha narrowed his eyes, "If that's the price I have to pay to make sure Naraku's gone, then I wouldn't mind dying." Kagome shouted, "No! You can't just say things like that!" Sesshomaru said, "You say that, but are you truly willing to lose your life for Naraku's death?" Inu Yasha raised his head and closed his eyes. He decided not to answer.

Kagome sighed, "So, Sesshomaru, we are planning to begin fighting Naraku after we've found a few more people who are willing to help us. We're going to find Kouga and his pack. But other than him, we're not sure of who else to turn to. There aren't many who are willing to come face-to-face with Naraku." Sesshomaru said, "There is no need to worry about such things. There are certain demons who owe me greatly. They have no choice but to come to my aid." Kagome smiled nervously. This Sesshomaru guy must have been pretty powerful, seeing as he had an evil smirk on his face as he mentally counted all of the demons who he had power over.

Inu Yasha got up abruptly, "We're leaving." Kagome and I got up too. Inu Yasha said, "Sesshomaru, send a messenger if you find out the whereabouts of Naraku." Sesshomaru called, "Rin!" The girl from before enter the room, "Yes Sesshomaru-sama!?" Sesshomaru said, "Bring my brother and his companions to the exit. I have a few things to take care of." The girl bowed and led them to the doorway, "I hope we meet again soon." Inu Yasha ignored the girl, and Kagome smiled, "Thank you."

We began another trek to another friend's home. It was exceptionally far away. Inu Yasha said, "My brother is the lord of the west. The place we're going to now is Kouga's place. He lives in the far eastern areas. So basically, we're travelling to the other side of the map." Two days of travelling really wore us out, but we finally reached a range of mountains. We walked closer to the largest mountain when tall gates came into view. Two men clad in what looked like fur mini-skirts and chest armor stood on guard with swords bound to their waists. They both had fangs and impish ears.

Inu Yasha walked up to the nearest guard, "We're here to see Kouga. It's very important that we see him as soon as we can." The man said, "Prince Kouga is currently injured. He is unavailable for any outside business." Inu Yasha shouted, "Well, what's wrong with him!? We're in a hurry and we need his help." The man said, "Only those of higher authority of the demon-wolf tribe are granted permission to speak of the matter to outsiders." Inu Yasha snarled, "Just let me in! This is really important! At least tell him that Inu Yasha and Kagome are here to talk to him!" The wolf-demon looked to the other one and nodded. The second demon ran with demon speed through the gates. The remaining demon said, "He has gone to inform Prince Kouga of your presence."

We waited for about three minutes when the wolf demon returned, "Prince Kouga has allowed your entry. Please, come this way." He led the way into the fields within the mountains and eventually inside the caves. He stood in front of a large oak door and opened it. And then he left. We entered the room and immediately there was a shout, "What the hell are you doing here you mutt!?"



::Chapter 24 End::



InvincibleInuYasha: Okay, I guess I'll finish off the chapter here. But don't worry, I'll immediately get to work on the next chapter. Only a few people even looked at the last chapter though. Please read it before you go on to the next one. And review too. I'm trying to be nice, but nobody's reading or reviewing! If nobody starts soon, then I guess I'll just stop writing. I might not put up the next chapter if nobody reviews! Hehehehehe! I'm quite evil! But if you do review, then the chapter will be ready for posting.