InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To Remember You ❯ Hurry Up ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
InvincibleInuYasha: Ok I'm sorry. My little brother turned off the computer halfway through my writing and deleted the chapter! So I have to restart. Poo.
P.S.-Oh! My last chapter was so short! I didn't notice! I'll try to make this one longer for you. Well bye!

Disclaimer: InuYasha and Co. do not belong to me.



::Chapter 25: Hurry Up::

Kouga shouted, "What the hell are you doing here you mutt!? And... why are there... two... of you?" Inu Yasha said, "It's a long story. Anyway, we came here to ask you for some help, but it looks like you can't even take care of yourself." Kouga asked, "Help? For what?" Inu Yasha rolled his eyes, "We're going to get rid of Naraku. Unfortunately, we three can't take him on our own. We're looking for anybody who is willing to help." Kouga turned his head away, "Naraku's the one that did this to me." Inu Yasha shouted, "What!? What did he do?" I whispered, "Inu Yasha, I can't sense any jewel shards in his legs."

Inu Yasha narrowed his eyes, "When did this happen?" Kouga replied, "About three days ago." Inu Yasha paused, "Wait. So Naraku still doesn't have the entire jewel?" Kouga shrugged, "I don't think so. I saw that little kid with the ponytail running away when Naraku was attacking me. And I'm pretty sure he had a jewel shard." I asked, "You mean Kohaku?" Kouga nodded, "Yeah, him." I didn't imagine that he'd still be alive. Kouga smiled at me, "I'll be healed in about two days, so I guess I will help you." Inu Yasha growled, "You had better hurry up with your healing or we're going without you."

InuYasha said, "We still don't really know where Naraku's hideout is. Do you have any idea where it could be?" Kouga nodded, "I'm guessing Naraku thinks he's invincible by now, because my wolves have been patrolling the area around his castle and they say he isn't moving. He's north of here, near the bat demons' old lands." I sighed, "That's good. We know where he is then." Kouga shook his head, "Unfortunately, he completely obliterated the surrounding villages. I doubt anybody survived." Inu Yasha narrowed his eyes. Is he thinking about Shiori?

Kouga finally said, "Anyway, I'll have some of the wolves prepare rooms for you if you are all going to stay here. I don't plan on staying here after two more days. Then I'll be ready to help you guys fight. I'll bring a few troops of wolves as emergency aid." I smiled, "Thank you Kouga! We didn't really have much help and we didn't know where to go. We're glad that you can join us." Inu Yasha scoffed, "Feh. So, Kouga, what're we supposed to do in the two days we're here? I'm not going to sit around all day." Kouga shrugged, "If you're bored, I guess you could go train with some of the younger wolves. You're good with a sword, aren't you? Give them some pointers." Inu Yasha rolled his eyes and left the room. Tatsuya turned and was about to follow him when Kouga said, "Hey, you. Wait a sec."

Tatsuya stopped and turned back to face Kouga, "Yes?" Kouga eyeballed Tatsuya, "How come you look exactly like Inu Yasha?" Tatsuya shrugged, "We all think that I'm his reincarnation. Because, one night, while Kagome was being attacked by Naraku, I just changed into this hanyou form." Kouga raised an eyebrow, "That's weird." Then he looked at me, "How do you tell them apart Kagome?" I said, "Inu Yasha's got the rosary." Kouga nodded, "Oh." Kouga looked like he still had a bunch of questions for Tatsuya, so I left to see if I could find Inu Yasha.

Everybody in the ookami youkai tribe were really nice to me. Ginta and Hakkaku showed me around the whole place. We went outside of the main exit of the cave. Ginta pointed towards the far end of the meadows towards a river. Many younger wolf demons were practicing sword techniques. Near them I saw a familiar red dot. Inu Yasha. Ginta said, "They're all traing to become warriors for the tribe. Some of them are training to become the new alpha male. It doesn't really look like Kouga's gonna get an heir any time soon." Hakkaku punched Ginta, "Hey, maybe he will. Kagome doesn't have a mate yet and Kouga still likes her." Ginta and Hakkaku began beating each other up. I ran away. I didn't want to get caught in a demon brawl over the next leader.

I decided to walk around the fields and meet other members of the tribe. I talked to many of the female wolf demons while they were watching their children. One of them said, "They grow up so fast!" It seemed true though. The mother said that her son was born only two years before, and he was already beginning to look like a teenager. Afterwards, I went over to the training grounds. Inu Yasha had a wooden katana and was demonstrating a difficult swing to the students. Inu Yasha smirked, "Now you guys try it." All of the young wolf demons got up and began swinging their katanas. Inu Yasha came over to me smiling, "This isn't too bad. These wolf demons are, surprisingly, quick learners." One of the students said, "Don't compare all of us demons with Leader Kouga! We all know how he's been acting lately." Inu Yasha cracked up laughing. I smiled. When Inu Yasha finally caught his breath, he asked, "Where's Tatsuya?" I said, "I left him with Kouga. He was asking a lot of questions." Inu Yasha nodded, "Okay.

I kept watching Inu Yasha train the younger wolf-demons, and I even trained them too. I took out my bow and arrow and taught them the basics of hitting the mark. It was a lot of fun. But then the sun began to set. So we all went back into the caves to have dinner and then get ready for bed. When we got to the dining area, we could see Tatsuya helping Kouga walk with a cane. I guess his injuries are really bad since his limp was very noticeable.

There was a fabulous feast laid out on the table. Varieties of meat covered the tables, along with a few small plates with exotic breads, fruits, and vegetables. Tatsuya and Kouga sat next to each other at the end of the table. It seemed that Kouga still didn't finish talking with him. Inu Yasha sat across from him, and I sat next to Inu Yasha. It was really like a big family dinner. Everybody was talking to somebody, sharing food, and having fun. Kouga mentioned more than once about making me his mate, where Inu Yasha responded each time by growling. Tatsuya just laughed. But we all had a lot of fun.

The next two days followed in the same fashion. Except now Kouga was fully healed. It was a good thing too, because Inu Yasha wouldn't keep complaining about how slow he was healing. All week was, "Hurry up Kouga! We've got to go kill Naraku sometime we're alive!", and "You call yourself fast, but look at how long you're taking!" It was really annoying.

That morning we left. much of the tribe came outside to bid us all goodbye and good luck. We traveled at a quick pace so we could go back to Sesshomaru's lands and find all of the demons that have agreed to help us. Kouga arranged for the demons that were helping us to go to Sesshomaru's lands as well. We traveled much faster than on the way to Kouga's. We arrived there by late evening. Sesshomaru was waiting in front of a small army of demons of all kinds. Inu Yasha looked over the one thousand demons, really impressed, "Holy shit." Kouga reacted the same way. Beside Sesshomaru's army, was Kouga's small troop of demons. It was pretty weak compared to Sesshomaru's army. But it was probably enough to defeat Naraku. Probably.

Sesshomaru said, "I trust you already know the whereabouts of Naraku." Kouga nodded, "Yes. And I'm sure you've prepared your troops for combat." Inu Yasha sighed, "Okay then. Let's go."


::Chapter 25 End::


InvincibleInuYasha: Nobody has reviewed yet! I need some more reviews, otherwise I WILL NOT post the next chapter, Chapter 26: The Final Battle.