InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To Remember You ❯ The Death of Evil ( Chapter 28 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
InvincibleInuYasha: Okay, there's going to be an unexpected turn in the fic! Or at least, I hope it's unexpected. ^o^ Yeah, so review and I'll keep this chapter posted and I'll post the next one too if you guys are nice!
P.S.-Oh yeah, my super proofreader, jacketslacker, helped me lots! Gave me some ideas for the title and alternate endings. So chapter 28 and 29 are his ideas, not mine. I'm so grateful! I luv u! ;)
P.S.S.- Jacketslacker says, "While the ideas are mine, I take no responsibility for any poor writing that may or may not be present in aforementioned chapters." And it is true. He just proofreads and comes up with stuff when I'm in a writer's block. He should not be blamed for a sucky story because it is my fault as I am the author.

Disclaimer: *Sigh* for the 28th time, Inu Yasha and Co. are NOT mine. Happy now?
Jacketslacker doesn’t own anything either. Unless of course that’s only his username and he’s
really Rumiko in disguise!

::Chapter 28: The Death of Evil::

All of us were choking on the toxic purple fumes that loomed over us. Inu Yasha cursed and lunged at Naraku, his hand cocked back with his claws extended. He slashed through the white fur of the baboon costume. A small stream of blood seeped through. Naraku shouted, "Damn you!" He leapt backwards and on top of the roof of the castle. Inu Yasha followed quickly. He shouted back down to us, "There's no miasma up here! Hurry up." I grabbed Kagome's hand and jumped up onto the roof. Sesshomaru used his one arm to lift Shiori onto the roof with him. As Inu Yasha had said, the air wasn't poisonous above the castle.

Inu Yasha looked really determined and... sad? Maybe he's thinking about how he's going to get Naraku back for all the things he put him through. Naraku said, "You cannot defeat me. Two hanyous, a human, and one demon. That is not enough power at all." Inu Yasha snarled, "I don't give a damn how much power we have! I'm going to kill you!" Kagome pulled an arrow on her bow and aimed at Naraku's chest, "Hit the mark!" She released the arrow that glowed a brilliant pink light. Naraku saw the arrow and tried to dodge. It had skimmed his arm and it disintegrated. He cursed and launched a root at Kagome. She screamed as it gashed through her waist. She was sprawled out on the roof, and she didn't get up. Inu Yasha snarled at Naraku, "How dare you do that to Kagome!?" His eyes seemed to flicker from yellow to red and back.

Sesshomaru picked up Shiori and said to me, "Tatsuya, take Kagome and get away from Inu Yasha." As I went to lift up Kagome, I asked, "Why? What's going to happen?" Inu Yasha's snarl became more savage and he ripped off his shirt. His hair flew away from his face and I could see dark purple claw marks under his eyes. Sesshomaru said, "He is turning into a full demon." So I watched.

The marks on his face grew darker, and his claws grew longer. His eyes glowed a bright red with blue pupils. He was almost unrecognizable. He had changed from the normal, everyday Inu Yasha, to this wild blood-thirsty beast. Sesshomaru warned me, "From this point, Inu Yasha will thirst for blood and death. He will fight for the pure enjoyment of it until everything around him has been defeated, or until he himself is killed. Leave now." And with that, he leapt to another part of the roof until he was out of sight. I decided to follow, but just far enough so that I could still see the battle.

I placed Kagome down beside me on the roof. I could see Inu Yasha jumping much higher and faster than usual at Naraku. Then, a searing blast of light shot from Inu Yasha towards Naraku. Naraku was blasted backwards and a gush of blood was easily visible even from my distance. I heard a loud shout as Naraku landed, vulnerable, on his back. Inu Yasha leapt over him, speaking in a hoarse but violent tone, "How does it feel, Naraku? Lying there the way you are, dying to a filthy half-breed such as myself. It's pathetic. You even have almost the whole jewel completed. It's a pity it will not affect me now. I'll make sure your last moments are full of fear and pain. You'll regret doing everything you've done!" He extended his claws and slashed Naraku's arms off, followed by many of the roots. Then he sliced a small opening in Naraku's throat, just large enough for the airway to fill up with blood.

My curiosity got the better of me and I came a bit closer. Naraku was visibly struggling for air, but his already pale face was growing paler as blood loss got to him. Inu Yasha cackled unnaturally, "Suffer Naraku! By all means, suffer! I enjoy it!" Naraku looked as if he were about to die.

The blood gushed down Naraku's face. I heard him try to get a breath through the gurgling of his life. Even through death he wouldn't give up. I saw a malicious look in his eye as one of his roots fused back onto him. He stabbed it through the left side of the back of Inu Yasha's chest. His heart! Inu Yasha gave out a sharp screech of pain that crescendo when the root was pulled back out. He collapsed backwards and stopped screaming.

The opening in Naraku's throat healed almost immediately, and the roots fused back to him. He got up and faced me, "That filthy half breed will not make it even with his demon blood! Now it's your turn. I will forever end Inu Yasha!" A root shot towards me like a bullet. But I'm not going to get caught by Naraku. I leapt out of the way and only just escaped alive. But my shoulder was ripped open. Naraku laughed, "Your tactics are horrible. You will be much easier to kill than your incarnate." I shouted, "No way! If Inu Yasha can't kill you, then I will. You've done enough. You've made too many people suffer at your hands. It's not fair that you get your way and toy with peoples' lives while they cannot protect themselves. That is cowardice!" Naraku grew angry, "How dare you speak to me that way! You know I could kill you in an instant yet you still mock me?"

I lunged towards him and tried to use one of the attacks Inu Yasha had taught me, "Blades of Blood!" The crescents shot out from my claws and ripped off many of the roots. Naraku cursed under his breath and didn't dodge well. He muttered something under his breath and more dark purple fumes emitted from his body. I choked on it for a minute and I couldn't see through the smog. It began to clear a little bit, but it was too late. Naraku's roots plunged into my stomach. I screamed out in pain. He cackled and said, "I'm going to enjoy watching you die." One of the roots wrapped around my throat. Then it tightened. That's it. Kagome can't save me, and I don't know how Inu Yasha's holding up. I'm going to die.

Suddenly a bright ribbon of yellow light slashed through Naraku's grip and released me. Sesshomaru said, "You will not kill him. He is my brother's reincarnation and I intend to keep him alive." He drew his sword with his right hand and sliced Naraku's head off.

Naraku's head smirked and said, "So I am going to die at your hands. At least I will bring my last victim with me. But I doubt you'll be able to collect the Sacred Jewel." With a last chuckle, Naraku closed his eyes and dissolved in a puff of purple smoke. Kagome stirred and rubbed her eyes, "What's going on?" She looked at the scene around her and the tears immediately came to her eyes. She got up and ran, "Inu Yasha!" She kneeled next to him and brushed his hair out of his face. The purple marks were gone and his eyes had returned to their golden color. But they weren't very bright anymore. A light trickle of blood crept down the side of his mouth. He smiled lightly and whispered weakly, "I did it Kagome. I killed Naraku." Kagome smiled and tried to see him through the tears in her eyes, "Yeah. I'm proud of you. He's finally gone." Inu Yasha smiled, "That's good. But I'm beat. I won't last long." Kagome cried out, "No! No, don't even say that!" She took a blood-stained handkerchief out of her pocket and tried to stop the bleeding in Inu Yasha's chest.

Suddenly a wave of nausea hit me. My whole body felt like it was about to collapse and everything around me began to look extremely fuzzy. I couldn't make out the features of her face when Kagome turned to look at me. I heard her distantly call out, "Tatsuya!" I looked down at my hands. But they weren't there! I heard Inu Yasha say, "Oh. It all makes sense now… Kagome, I love you. But I won‘t be seeing you for a long time." He moved Kagome’s hands from his chest. A few seconds later Kagome screamed in anguish. And that was the last thing I heard before I was sucked out of the world.


::Chapter 28: End::


InvincibleInuYasha: Okay, I just confused myself. I wrapped up this chapter and I'm sick, so I don't expect too many reviews complimenting this chapter. I'm just gonna hand this to my proofreader and then update. Complain if you want in a few days and I should be well enough to regain my creative side. Ja ne. I still want reviews and then maybe, just maybe I'll post the next chapter.
P.S.-My editor Jacketslacker was saying that the dying Inu Yasha scene was too confusing. So, with a few of his ideas, I fixed it up in hopes of less confusion and flames. Thanks! Oh yeah, and he also is very pissed off that I stopped right here. He says, "WTF!?" I believe many of you feel the same as im right now. But don't worry, I'm not giving him any hints so he only gets the story a day before you guys do. lol. Well, this time i really g2g. Bye!