InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Transfer Student Inuyasha! ❯ Candle In The Wind ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Transfer Student Inuyasha!

Chapter 11: Candle in the Wind

Inuyasha wandered the streets in a daze. He was slowly making his way home. No, he was making his way to Kagome's home. He didn't belong here. His mind kept replaying that last scene with Kagome and Hojo. Kagome had kissed him! But then, she had called out his name. Was it possible that she had kissed him against her will? He had been so distracted because of the contest. He had been so proud of her; maybe he'd missed something. It was growing dark. A little ways up the street was Kagome's home. He couldn't face her yet. He decided to climb the Goshinboku tree, and maybe spend the night there. He had to be alone for a while so he could think.

Kagome was worried. She had been looking for him since the contest. It was as if he'd disappeared. Inuyasha still hadn't come home and it was getting dark. If only she could explain things to him! She knew that his stubbornness would keep him from understanding. She sat outside her house. He must be far away somewhere by now. Upset, she started talking to herself.

"Come on Inuyasha! Don't be stubborn. Just this once, let me explain it to you!"

At first Inuyasha thought Kagome was talking to him. Then he realized that she was just talking to herself. Still, she'd said she wanted to explain it to him. Maybe he had better let her talk. He hopped down and walked toward her.

"Oy, Kagome. I'm sorry I was late." He gave her a false smile.

"Inuyasha!" She ran towards him and nearly knocked him over with her fierce hug. "Aren't you upset about Hojo?" she whispered in his ear.

"Keh. Why should I care about what you do with him?"

Her eyes filled with tears. No I am NOT going to cry, she told herself. "But, I thought that we…."she trailed off. She looked deep into Inuyasha's eyes, trying to control the tears that were starting to form.

Inuyasha was immediately sorry. Why did he always have to make her cry? Couldn't he say anything right? Then, he reminded himself, it was Hojo who made her cry. He hugged her tighter, trying to forget about the hurt he smelled on her. "Kagome, I'm sorry." The words were almost blown away by the whistling wind. Kagome looked so frail in his arms.

"Inuyasha I'm sorry!" She burst into tears on his shoulder. He quieted her down. He could tell she was exhausted from the long day. She should sleep before they talked. "Kagome, I think we should rest before we sort this out."

"Inuyasha….please….forgive me." Her words were muffled by a yawn. A sprinkle fell on her face. Inuyasha felt as if she were a small candle, who, if kept outside, would blow away in the wind.

The hanyou carefully swept her off the ground, nuzzling her head under his chin. She let out a contented sigh. His sure steps brought them inside, past a curious Souta, and into Kagome's room. He lay her down on the bed while he placed two pillows and a blanket on the floor. Then he laid the sleeping Kagome under the blanket while he snuggled down next to her, their bodies keeping each other warm. Inuyasha's ear twitched. He'd find out the truth before they went to school the next day. And then he'd settle things with that baka, Hojo. Hojo made Kagome cry, and he'd never forgive him for that.

Kagome shifted in her sleep, unconsciously snuggling into Inuyasha's stomach. Inuyasha realized how tired HE was, too. His ears twitched one last time, before he surrendered himself to dreams.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hi what did you think? I love getting feedback of my writing skills, so don't be shy! I thought this chapter was sweet! I want an Inuyasha! Well, it seems like Hojo's in trouble, heeheehee. See you in the next chapter!