InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Transfer Student Inuyasha! ❯ Stalker in the Night ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Transfer Student Inuyasha:

Chapter 13: Stalker In The Night

Kagome was happier than she'd ever been. She loved having Inuyasha close by, even though his temper often flared with her. Most important, her grandfather didn't need to make up strange illnesses for her anymore. Although she loved things the way they were, she missed Shippo and the others. Soon, she reminded herself, soon she would see them again.

It was Friday and Kagome was walking to school with an upset Inuyasha in tow. Over breakfast they had had another argument. Inuyasha was upset about being stuck in this world. He had given her a hard time about losing valuable shard hunting time. Kagome's shards were still in their container, chained around Kagome's neck. She didn't dare leave them home.

When they reached school, Kagome sensed something different in the mood of the other kids, waiting outside the building. A few stared at Inuyasha with hate in their eyes; other purposefully avoided his gaze. On impulse, Kagome looked around for Hojo, but couldn't find him. Fearing trouble, she sauntered over to her friends, who were standing near the doors.

"What's the matter?" she asked.

"You mean you don't know? Hojo's missing from school! One of his friends said that he had a bad scare yesterday. Hojo said something about a monster attacking him in a dark alley. The sun was setting, so he couldn't tell who it was."

Inuyasha nearly laughed! Hojo really was dense! Wasn't he able to recognize Inuyasha from his voice, height, or shape? Humans depended on their eyes too much.

Kagome was worried about this stalker who attacked children in dark alleys. She had better stick close to Inuyasha!

For the rest of the day, the whole school pondered who Hojo's attacker could be. He must have been really scary to keep Hojo from coming to school since Hojo NEVER missed school! Or maybe Hojo was injured? The information was too small to form a hypothesis on.

All day, Inuyasha was in a good mood. No one knew who "attacked" Hojo. Hopefully Hojo wouldn't put two and two together, but then again, Hojo probably couldn't put one and one together!

In gym, his teacher asked him to sign a sheet saying that he wanted to be on the fencing club. Then, the class started "volleyball" which looked like what the girls had been doing. This guess was confirmed when the teacher told the class that the two classes were switching. The girls would now start fencing. Inuyasha was insulted by the simplicity of the "game". Anyway, next to Hojo, no one in the class could even get near his hanyou abilities. Even Hojo was a stretch.

Pleased that she would finally get to start fencing, Kagome hurried to be first at the stack of fencing outfits. She wondered if Inuyasha would let her try using Tetsaiga when they found out how to get him back to his world? Probably not, but it was possible.

The end of the day came quickly, announcing Inuyasha's tryouts. Still afraid of Hojo's attacker, Kagome decided to stay and watch Inuyasha. She followed him outside. There was already a cluster of students putting on their fencing gear.

Inuyasha was pleased that Kagome wanted to watch him, even if her interest came out of fear. He would be the best here since she was watching. He ran to the stack of gear while Kagome sat down under a cherry tree.

"Good luck Inuyasha!" she cried out from a distance. The other boys groaned when they realized that Inuyasha was there. He had already been acknowledged as the best in all physical areas, and very good in the mental ones. Each boy hoped they weren't the one who lost their spot in the club to Inuyasha.

An instructor came and paired them up. Inuyasha was paired with one of Hojo's closest friends. While Inuyasha was walking over to greet him, the boy tripped him with his show. Inuyasha quickly got up, and decided to beat the shit out of this boy. Just then, the instructor told them to set up for their fencing bought. Inuyasha snarled at the boy's cowardly act, but stood in his proper place, ready to begin.

When the instructor told them to fence, Inuyasha moved into action. First he used all his strength to pop the sword from the boy's hand. Next, using only half his strength, he poked the boy hard in the ribs with his blunt sword. The boy groaned and toppled over, clutching at his ribs. An inspector came over to help the boy off the field, and to congratulate Inuyasha on his win. In only seconds, Inuyasha had fairly beaten this boy and his honor. Since most of the others had seen, the nasty boy would be recognized as a poor fencer.

Kagome saw the whole dispute between the boy and Inuyasha. She couldn't blame the hanyou for his actions, but hoped the boy wasn't seriously hurt. She prayed that Inuyasha wouldn't lose his temper with anyone else. Since it was nearly winter, the boys were wearing their school uniforms. Tetsaiga was still with Inuyasha, so at least he wasn't in danger of turning demon!

The tryouts were not long and it was quickly realized that Inuyasha was definitely on the team. Hojo wasn't there, but one of his friends got a spot that he would give to his friend. Most of the fencers, who had seen Inuyasha's fight, now had a common goal. They all dreamed of beating Inuyasha. If they did, they would be recognized as the best fencer in the school! However, Inuyasha had also realized this, and didn't intend on letting them have his number one position.

When tryouts were done, Kagome dashed to Inuyasha and congratulated him with a small hug. He grabbed her hand and walked her towards home.

"Inuyasha, you were great." Kagome, still holding his hand, leaned against him.

"Keh!" Inuyasha was secretly pleased at her reaction. Hopefully soon, he would be able to use his skills on a real opponent.

Kagome was very nervous of the abandoned streets. Whenever she saw movement, she frantically turned to make sure it wasn't a stalker. Inuyasha observed this for a few minutes, before making a comment.

"Kagome, if there was a stalker near, I'd smell him from a mile away. Besides, I won't let anyone hurt you." She relaxed and leaned into him more for warmth. Yes, she definitely liked having him around.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Don't worry; contrary to popular belief, this fic will not be ending any time soon. I still have a VERY long plan for this fic. Who knows, maybe it will never end! Heehee! *Maniacal laughter in the background* Anyway, Sere-chan and I were over at her house one night at about 1:00 in the morning. She and I were watching episode after episode of Inuyasha (mostly Kouga episodes and Black Miko episodes). I was a little caffeine high, and Sere-chan was high on Inuyasha. One of the episodes was poorly subbed and the title was missing from the episode. The conversation that followed was something like this:

Sere-chan: "I wonder what the title is?"

A scene with lots of flashing lights appeared. This reminded me of when some children in Japan had a seizure attack because of a flashing Pokemon episode.

Isuki-chan: "Hey, maybe the title is SEIZURE FLASHES!" We both collapse in a fit of drunken laughter.

We had a very hard time stopping our laughter, since we had WAY too much caffeine and were really tired. Whenever we stopped, one of us would just wave our hands and go "SEIZURE FLASHES!" Well, that was yet another funny thing that happened to me. Cheers!

~Isuki-chan