InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Transfer Student Inuyasha! ❯ Kikyo's Curse ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Transfer Student Inuyasha!

Chapter 14: Kikyo's Curse

"Sango over there!" Sango twirled around to see the form of a giant centipede youkai burst out of the surrounding forest. She threw her boomerang with ease, slicing it in half.

Miroku used his Kazaana to suck up the last of the swarm of youkai. For six days they had been searching for the answer to Inuyasha's problem. Traveling by day and resting in small villages, the group still had hope that they would find the answer. Kaede had sensed something from the south, and they had obediently investigated. It had turned out to be only a swarm of youkai that had recently destroyed a neighboring village. The group was glad they could help the remaining villagers, but impatient to get back to Kaede.

Lately Sango had been feeling really depressed. First of all, things hadn't been normal without Kagome and Inuyasha around. Second of all, she had been having strange dreams about Kohaku. It was as if he was nearby, but couldn't be seen. She kept searching in all directions as they traveled, but this only earned her some worried looks from Miroku. She sighed. At least he was still around. She'd never let him know, but he really comforted her sometimes. Also, he helped make things seem more normal.

The two adults (carrying a sleeping Shippo) began their walk back to Kaede's village. Suddenly, Miroku heard a rustling off to their left. He held up a hand, silently motioning for Sango to stop. Shippo curled tighter into Sango's arms, trying to stay asleep. Sango gently woke him up, clamping his mouth shut to keep him quiet.

Shippo was hopelessly confused. Sango and Miroku were acting like they were in trouble! Then, suddenly off to his left he sensed motion. He knew that feeling! He tried to warn the others, but Sango still had her hand on his mouth. Baka, Sango!

Suddenly, Miroku felt movement above him and he glanced upwards. There, standing high in a tree was Kikyo!

Kikyo was sick of having to avoid these three who kept hunting in the forest. They were probably trying to find out about Inuyasha. She sighed, these baka were a waste of time, but she felt just the smallest touch of regret about what had happened to Inuyasha. She hated regrets, and knew the only way to get rid of it was to explain to the three about Inuyasha.

"You have been searching for me." Kikyo's face was a mask of boredom.

"We have not been searching for you, Kikyo." Miroku said the word Kikyo like some people said manure.

"You have been searching for the answer to Inuyasha's predicament, so there for you were searching for me."

"You know what happened? Kikyo, did you do this?" Miroku was prepared to unleash his Kazaana if need be. Beside him, Sango fingered Hiraikotsu. Shippo watched from the bushes.

Kikyo looked at him with disgust. "Yes I did, and before you throw that large bone at me, allow me to tell you why."

Sango nodded, allowing her to continue.

"Obviously, you can see that Kagome is a problem. She is interfering with my plans for Inuyasha. Therefore, I reached the conclusion that she had to be disposed of." Sango and Miroku's disgust for Kikyo grew from that last statement. "I placed a spell on that well that she uses, so that when she tried to come back from her world, she would be stuck. Unfortunately, Inuyasha went through after her before she attempted to come back. Somehow, Inuyasha must have tried to jump through the well before her, and the spell immediately was engaged. Inuyasha is now stuck in Kagome's world." Annoyed by this waste of time, Kikyo disappeared into the foliage.

Sango and Miroku reported the news to Kaede. Shippo was very upset over the latest news. If Inuyasha was stuck in Kagome's world, who would make Kagome come back to him? He missed his adopted mother more than anything.

The old miko sat in silence, letting the words sink in. Finally, she stated, "We will tell Kagome tomorrow. She told us that she would visit at noon." They all nodded in agreement. "I will try to counter the spell. You all must be tired, please rest here tonight. There is no more need of traveling.

Kagome had packed a lunch in case her meeting took longer than usual. Leaving an annoyed hanyou behind, Kagome jumped through the well.

Shippo, once again, was the first to see Kagome. His reaction was much like the other times, with a slight difference, he was careful not to push Kagome backwards into the well.

Hugging the pleased kitsune to her chest, she frowned at the others' unhappy looks. After a lot of explaining, she understood their feelings.

"So Inuyasha is permanently stuck?" Kagome was happy that Inuyasha was close to her, but having him with her ALWAYS didn't seem like a good prospect. Inuyasha would probably kill himself with that news.

"Not necessarily. I might be able to make a temporary charm that will allow him to visit here for certain amounts of time. I have been experimenting all day, and it looks as if this is possible."

Kagome was glad. Inuyasha would be mad at her if she stayed too long, but she stayed long enough to share her lunch with them before heading back. Hopefully, Inuyasha would take the news alright!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Well, that's that. I was going to keep writing in this chapter, but I have to go do homework, ugh! Hope you like it, don't forget to review!

Inu_dog- Hmmm Fluffy/Kag fics? Possibly, if I get the inspiration for one. What do you mean by incomplete? The story isn't over if that's what you meant.^_^