InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Transfer Student Inuyasha! ❯ Kaede's Cure ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Transfer Student Inuyasha!

Chapter 15: Kaede's Cure

Kagome tried to quiet the excited Inuyasha after telling him that he might be able to go home. It was Sunday, and Inuyasha had wanted to see more of her world, so she took him to the park for a picnic. Kagome thought that Inuyasha would just shove food in his mouth like usual, while she told him the news. Unfortunately, the hanyou was just as happy to shout while eating.

"You mean I can go home?! What are you waiting for, go find Kaede and bring me the charm!" Inuyasha was too happy to realize the dangerous expression on Kagome's face.

"Inuyasha, OSUWARI!!!!" Inuyasha slammed into the grass. A few people looked at them curiously, although some had been watching them since Inuyasha had started yelling.

"You baka! What was that for?" Inuyasha flipped back up into a cross-legged sitting position, arms folded over his chest.

"Inuyasha, if you keep screaming, you might attract some unwanted attention," Kagome calmly stated.

"So what? I'm going home. Why should I worry about what people in YOUR world think of me any longer?"

"BAKA! Weren't you listening when I said that the charm isn't permanent? Don't you even care that it was Kikyo who did this? She's trapped you again, except this time it's not on a Goshinboku tree!"

Kagome furiously stood up and walked away. Her fury grew when she looked back and saw that Inuyasha wasn't stopping her, like any decent person would. How could she ever of believed she loved him? Walking became running as she tried to get away from Inuyasha. His superior attitude was driving her crazy!

Inuyasha was shocked. Had she told him this? Kikyo did this to him? Maybe his excitement caused him to block out her words. Why would the Kikyo he'd promised to protect do this to him? Kikyo! Was it an accident? From now on, he swore, Kagome comes before Kikyo. He was about to try to catch up with Kagome, when he paused. He wasn't very good at apologizing. For some reason, her tears were the only things that could bring him to say "I'm sorry". This time, he had to apologize, even if it was against his instincts.

The temperature had gone down quit a lot. Kagome was soon shivering in her light jacket. She wondered if Inuyasha was cold, since he was only wearing jeans, a shirt, and a vest. Dammit, why did she always have to think of Inuyasha, even when she was mad at him?! He HAD been rude, so she had a right to be mad at him! She decided to go through the well. She needed to get away from Inuyasha at the moment, and she also needed to check on Kaede's cure.

Inuyasha was still silently disputing exactly what he was going to say to Kagome. He decided on just saying it "from his heart". He had heard Kagome's mom referring to "speaking from your heart" and it seemed to work. However, when he was in sight of Kagome's dwelling, he caught a glimpse of her disappearing into the shrine. Dashing to catch up with her, he could only watch helplessly as she jumped into the shrine when he reached the doorway.

"Kagome!!!!!!" He could do nothing but wait for her to return.

Kagome put Inuyasha out of her mind as she concentrated on getting the cure from Kaede. She shivered when the came out of the well. It was cold here too! In an effort to keep warm, she ran towards the village.

Kaede had just finished the charm when Kagome arrived. The charm was, once again, in the form of a necklace.

"Kagome, this is a pleasant surprise! I just finished the charm. Slip this on Inuyasha and he can visit for an hour. If he stays longer than an hour, though, his spirit will leave him and enter your world. Kikyo's spell forced his spirit to think that your world is where it belongs, so it immediately returns there." Kaede held up the necklace, which looked strangely similar to Inuyasha's subduing one. The only difference was it held yingyang symbols, instead of beads.

"Where are the others?" Kagome wondered.

"Sango said that she wanted to search for her brother, Kohaku. I believe that she senses him nearby."

Kagome frowned. She hoped they would be all right without her and Inuyasha. Frustrated at this reminder of Inuyasha, Kagome bowed to Kaede in thanks before snatching the necklace. "Arigotou, Kaede. Please, when you see them again, tell them that Inuyasha and I might visit soon."

Kaede nodded and watched the younger miko leave. Something seemed to be wrong with Kagome and she hoped she was all right!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter of the day is up! Warning: Next chapter might be full of pointless fluff! Also, I want to continue this fic for a LONG time, but I don't want you guys to get upset with me for making it too long. So please post a review. Post a number 1 if you don't mind it getting really long and a 2 if you want me to stop soon. Thanks to all you guys and girls who read this! -^-^-

~Isuki-chan