InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Transfer Student Inuyasha! ❯ Forgiveness ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Transfer Student Inuyasha!

Chapter 16: Forgiveness

Strong arms pulled Kagome over the rim of the old well as she reached the top. Inuyasha had been waiting for her the whole time! She tried to stay mad at him in vain.

"Kagome. Can I please speak to you in private?"

Kagome looked around before stating, "How much more private can you get?"

"You know what I mean. In some place where people wont walk in on us."

"Don't you want this first?" She held up the charm, hoping he wouldn't surrender into the temptation.

Inuyasha paused before answering, "No Kagome. I want to speak to you first."

Kagome nearly smiled at his answer. She was more important to him than his home?

The hanyou swept her up into his arms and ran to the Goshinboku tree. He didn't stop at the base of the tree, though. Instead, he climbed up into one of the highest branches.

"There, now we can talk."

Kagome just waited. He would say what he wanted to say sooner or later. There were a few uncomfortable moments as the hanyou just stared at her.

Inuyasha didn't know how to say it. He really REALLY wasn't good at saying he was sorry. Finally she just decided he would spit it out.

"Kagome, I'm sorry." She gave him a surprised look and waited for him to continue.

Inuyasha was confused. He was supposed to say more? Apparently she was very angry with him.

"I shouldn't have been rude to you," he whispered.

"I should have realized that you wouldn't like this world. I know you want to get back to Kikyo." Kagome looked down with shame.

That was what this was all about? Kikyo? He eased Kagome into his lap and nuzzled his cheek against hers. Into her ear he whispered, "Kagome, I don't mind your world. Someday, I might even enjoy living here, but it isn't where I belong. I care about you Kagome. When I found out that Kikyo did this to me, I had to think about what I felt towards her, and I realized that I couldn't love her. She is dead Kagome, dead. I still love the memory of her, but what she is now can't be loved."

Surprised at his affection towards her, Kagome let all her anger disappear. No one would change what was between her and Inuyasha. The sun was setting on the horizon. In the dimmed light, Kagome glanced at Inuyasha and saw a look of pure affection on his face.

"Kagome, the part I loved about Kikyo is in you, and I think that I care for you more. What Kikyo and I had won't be forgotten, but what we have can't be lost." Inuyasha saw the look of pleasure on his Kagome, and decided this conversation was over. He moved her off his lap and set her down so that they were facing each other.

Kagome would have gladly paused time and stayed in the pleasure of this moment forever. Inuyasha look so regal in the dying light, a golden glow in his hair. She was very tired, and leaned against his near shoulder. Why couldn't they always be like this?

Surprising himself, Inuyasha lifted her chin off his shoulder and gave her a warm kiss. Kagome, surprised, returned his kiss.

Sleep nearly took Kagome while she was blissfully kissing Inuyasha. "Inuyasha, I'm tired."

"I know, my Kagome. Sleep then, and I will wait until tomorrow for the news."

Oh yes, she had to tell him about the charm…..drowsy eyes wouldn't stay open, and she fell asleep on his shoulder.

Inuyasha lay her down as comfortably as he could, while he leaned against the trunk. He placed her head in his lap and tried to sleep, himself. The temptation to take the charm that she must have was very strong. He itched to go home. No, that would be an insult to his Kagome, and besides, he would watch over her from now on. He would make sure that she was always close to him and safe. They needed each other.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Well here we are, already at chapter 16! Thanks to everyone who reviewed the last chapter, I've gotten mostly ones saying I should just keep going. This fic will have about 30 chapters I think. Getting up in the mornings and seeing so many reviews waiting for me is an awesome feeling! Let's see if we can eventually make it to 100!!

I know this chapter was very short. Didn't have much time last night to get this one down on paper. Since the chapters are so short I'm updating once a day, or occasionally once every few days. We all have spans of time when we just can't write. I'm also working on a novel I'm hoping to publish so my time is kind of divided right now.

I noticed that I got more reviews for the last chapter than usual, or maybe it was just me. It only takes a second to review! And it really makes my day.

~Isuki-chan