InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Troubles At Work ❯ You're Fired! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(Disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN Inu Yasha!)
Title: Troubles at Work
Description: A/U Kagome is engaged to Koga. However, when she gets a new job, she finds herself attracted to her boss, Inu Yasha. (Kagome and Inu Yasha)
~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Kagome held her hand up to block the sun from her eyes. She was laying in her bed, relaxing before she headed off to work. She had coffee brown eyes and her raven hair was just past her shoulders. She was nineteen years old now. She was a photographer for a large company that did various photos for different companies. She let out a sigh and got out of her bed. She walked over to her dresser and smiled at her reflection. She had on a white shirt with the company's logo on it as well as black slacks and white flats. She then looked at the ring on her left hand. “Koga…” She was going to marry him in about a month. He treated her well and he was a year older than her. She quickly turned from the mirror and grabbed her camera bag and purse and darted out the door.
She rushed to her car and fumbled with the keys as her neighbor came out the door. He looked over at her and smiled. “Yo, Kagome! What's up?” He yelled. He had short raven hair tied back into a low ponytail. He was wearing a suit with a tie and his eyes were violet.

“Oh, hi Miroku! I'm running late for work actually!” Kagome yelled to him as she finally got the correct key for her car. She waved a good bye to him and took off for work.
 
~*~ ~*~ ~*~

“You're late, Kagome-san!” Her boss yelled as she opened the front door of the office she worked for. He was standing by the front desk holding a batch of papers. Kagome could not believe her luck today. He narrowed his eyes at her. He had long wavy hair that reached his waist. Naruku was not known as a kind man. Truthfully, he was just plain old mean. He was known to fire an employee over a one cent mistake.

“I am so sorry, Naraku, it will never happen again!” Kagome gushed as she rushed into the building trying not to trip over her items. Naraku turned and walked into his office leaving the door open for her to follow. He sat down behind his desk with a firm look on his face as he dropped the papers he held onto his desk. Kagome rushed into his office, hoping not to make an even bigger fool of herself. Naraku did not look up at her as he shifted through the papers. “You bet it will never happen again. YOU'RE FIRED!”

Kagome blinked blankly at Naraku. With no change in his facial features, Kagome assumed that she heard him wrong. “Excuse me?”

Naraku released a frustrated sigh as he dropped the papers back onto his desk. He stood up from his desk and placed his hands firmly on his desk. He narrowed his eyes into slits as he said more slowly, but still very loudly. “YOU'RE F I R E D!”

Kagome stared at him in horror. She could not believe her ears. She was only five minutes late. “Fired?”

Naraku nodded his head as he sat back down. “Fired.”
 
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
Kagome went back to her home. As she pulled into her driveway, she saw Sango planting some flowers in her garden. Sango had a scarf wrapped around her hair in attempt to keep her head cool and her long brunette hair was pulled back into a ponytail. Sango was a few years older than Kagome and a stay at home mother for Shippo, her and her Mikoku's son. They have been married for three years. Shippo was about two years old.

“Good Morning Sango-chan!” Kagome yelled to her neighbor as she climbed out of her car.

Sango looked up from her garden and waved to Kagome. “Good Morning! Hey, Kagome-chan, why are you not at work today?” She looked at her neighbor with concern. “ Miroku said you told him you were-“

“I was fired.” Kagome said in a dull voice. “I don't know what to do. I mean, I have this beautiful house, and I need to make money…” Kagome sniffed. She also dreaded telling Koga that she was fired. Even though Koga did not like her working, she did not want him to use this opportunity to prevent her from getting another job.

“Cheer up, I'm sure that there's lots of jobs out there for you.” Sango said as she patted down the dirt around her newly planted plant and stood up. “You are so talented, I'm sure you can get a job in no time!”

Kagome put on a fake smile. “I know.”

Sango walked over to Kagome. “Would you like some tea?”

Kagome nodded her head and followed Sango into the house. Both girls quickly kicked off their shoes at the front step. Sango smiled at the other girl and quickly rushed to her kitchen. Kagome threw herself onto the couch. “How are things going with Miroku?”

Sango let out a girlish laugh from the kitchen. “It's going wonderful. We are planning a nice little vacation this summer!”

Kagome smiled as she stared at the ground. “Sounds so wonderful.”

Sango appeared in the doorway of the kitchen holding two teacups. “I bet you're so happy about getting married next month!”

Kagome smiled and accepted the teacup. “Yes, Koga has been so good to me.”

Sango raised an eyebrow as she sat beside Kagome. “That isn't the only reason you're getting married, correct?”

Kagome smiled at Sango. Sango was such a great friend and a great listener. “No one else has ever come into my life and been as wonderful as Koga.”

Sango took a sip of her tea. “You still did not answer my question.”

Kagome stared in her teacup. “No, there are other reasons.”

Sango shot Kagome a side-glance. She could tell that Kagome was not too thrilled about the marriage. However, she said nothing more.
~* ~ ~* ~ ~*~
Kagome fingered through the classifieds. She saw many jobs but not the one she wanted. She had left Sango's house about an hour ago and was concentrating on finding a new job close to home, preferably in photography.

As she highlighted an ad in the paper, her phone began to ring. She let out a sigh and got up. She went over and answered the phone on the second ring. “ Moishi Moishi.”

“ Kagome love! How are you baby?” Koga's voice beamed through the phone. Kagome shot a glance at her clock and saw it was around noontime. She used to come home for lunch so this wasn't abnormal.

“Hi Sweet Heart! Um, I'm fine! How about you?” She didn't want him to know she had lost her job. He already didn't like her working in the first place.

“I'm fine, Baby!” He cooed through the phone. “I want to take you out to a fancy restaurant.”

Kagome smiled. He was a sweetie, however, she needed to find a new job. “I can't tonight.”

There was a pause on the phone, and then she heard him say, “I will not take no for an answer.”

Kagome felt a headache start to come on. “I can't.”

“I'm picking you up at seven.”

“Koga…”

`Click.' Kagome held the phone to her ear. She couldn't believe it, he had hung up on her. She began to hear the dial tone and hung up her phone. “Seven it is…” She said as she walked into her kitchen for some lunch.
~* ~ ~* ~ ~*~


Miroku walked into his home at about five fifteen that evening. He kicked off his shoes and carried his brief case into the house. “Sango-chan!” He called to his wife.

Sango appeared in her hallway and rushed over to him to embrace him in a hug. “ Miroku!” She quickly stood on her tiptoes and embraced him in a long and deep kiss.
When they finally broke up, Miroku smiled at his wife. “I got a sale today! It's a three hundred thousand home that my buyers loved.” Miroku put his briefcase on the dining room table. He was a real-estate agent. He let out a sigh as he loosened his tie. “However, the photographer quit today.”

Sango's eyes lit up. “Kagome-chan lost her job today!”

Miroku looked at his wife. He knew exactly what had gone through his wife's mind that instant. “I'm not too sure about this.”

Sango grabbed Miroku's arm. “She needs a job so bad!”

“The owner of the company can be a real…” Miroku started but Sango began to push him towards the door.

“OH! TELL HER!” Sango yelled as she pushed him out. He let out a sigh and walked over to Kagome's house.
 
~*~ ~*~ ~*~

A/N: Hope you like the story thus far. If you like action and adventure with some romance, please check out my other Inu Yasha story, Captain Kago and the Silver Hanyou!