InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Truth or Dare? ❯ The Games Begin ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Truth or Dare?

Summary: Two people who can't stand each other got dared to act like a couple for a whole week. Inu/Kag.

~*~*~*~

~*~

"Oh, shut up," Inu yasha snapped. He turned to Kagome and said harshly, "What are you doing here?"

"You know what I'm doing here. I'm not any more happier about this than you are." Just as she was about to plop down on the bench next to him to sit, the bell rang. Yes! She thought happily. Saved by the bell.

~*~*

Chapter 4: The game begins.

"Sango!" Kagome shouted after her friend. "Hey, so…how did you do on your test?" Kagome asked as she sat down next to Sango.

"I did pretty good. Oh by the way, Mika's sitting here already." Sango said. "Hm… there doesn't seem to be any seats left… Wait… there is… right over there in the corner," Sango said pointing to the direction of Inu yasha. Mika usually sat next to Inu yasha, but for this purpose, she decided to sit next to Sango.

"Oh, gosh. I am not sitting next to him." Kagome said rolling her eyes.

"You're supposed to go to him Kagome and that is the only seat left. Gosh, Kagome. You seriously have to get used to this, so stop complaining, otherwise I'll make someone else to make you. Hey Miroku! Come over here!" Sango said shouting for Miroku.

"Yes, what is it, honey? Do you need anything?" Miroku asked and then, secretly he inched his hand…

SLAP, SLAP, SLAP!

"Argh! How many times do I have to tell you until you really understand? Get the hell away from me! And don't you ever call me honey! Got that?!" Sango shouted angrily, punching him in the face. "Pervert." Sango muttered.

" Ouch, that ought to hurt." Kagome smirked.

*~*~*~

"Why are you here?" Inu yasha asked.

"Why am I here? *Scoff* like you don't know." Kagome replied. She slammed her books down onto the desk next to Inu yasha.

"Ugh. Don't you dare come any nearer. Got that?" Inu yasha said grumpily.

"You think I want to?" Kagome snapped. The class was very painful and boring, especially with the long lecture the teacher gave. She started to tune in as she listened to Ms. Akizuki, her teacher, announce a project.

"Now class, I will be assigning you each a partner to do a school project. For the project, you have to write a story about… anything." Ms. Akizuki announced. (A/N: random names like always. Don't blame me…I'm saving the other names for something else.)

"Great…a project. Making a story up? How lame." Kagome muttered. She seriously couldn't find anything interesting about that.

"The point of this project is to see if you can work with a partner without fussing who he or she is." Ms. Akizuki said.

"Blah…" Inu yasha muttered.

"Okay, now I shall announce the partners," Ms. Akizuki said. "Yui and Hojo, Kikyo and Kouga, Sango and Miroku, Kagome and Inu yasha…" (A/N: I decided to have her in here…)

"WHAT?!" Kagome and Inu yasha yelled.

"Yes? Is there a problem with the pairing?" Ms. Akizuki looked up.

"There is a big problem. Can you pair me up with someone else?" Inu yasha pleaded. (A/N: hard to imagine him pleading.)

"Oh alright," Ms. Akizuki said with a sigh. She was known as a really nice teacher, who was still very young and just out of college. She always wore a bright smile. "Well, I can put you with Kikyo if you like and Kagome, you can switch to work with with Kouga."

"Kikyo?! You've got to be kidding me." Inu yasha said. Inu yasha had been dating Kikyo a long time ago, but things didn't really work out with them. It wasn't just a simple, "I want to break up with you." It was, "You bastard!" Secretly, Kikyo still liked Inu yasha and almost everyone knew it. She couldn't keep anything a secret.

"Oh that's fine with me! I don't really care." Kikyo shouted out from the back of the room. She gave Inu yasha a little smile.

"Well Inu yasha? What do you think? Do you want to be Kikyo's partner or not?" Ms. Akizuki asked.

"No way am I going to be partners with Kouga!" Kagome said butting in. She glanced over at Kouga. It gave her the creeps just by looking at him.

"Um, Ms. Akizuki?" Sango spoke up. "Can I make a suggestion? Why don't you just leave the partners how it is? It'll be easier like that."

"I agree," Ms. Akizuki said, nodding her head. "Since they don't want to work with either Kouga or Kikyo, we'll just leave the pairing the same."

BRING!

"Class dismissed." Ms. Akizuki said and bowed.

(after school)

"You better go to Inu yasha. Walk each other home and have lots of fun!!" Mika said reminding Kagome for the thousandths time. It was starting to get on Kagome's nerves, but she thought better of it and kept her mouth shut.

"I know, I know! Why does everyone have to remind me? Do they think I'm that clueless?" Kagome said with a sigh.

~*~*~

"Hey Inu yasha! Wait up!" Kagome called out.

"What do you want?! Why do you always have to follow me? Did you know that when you follow someone, its called stalking? It's quite annoying. You don't have to do what Mika says. It's not like you're her dog." Inu yasha said rolling his eyes.

"Whatever, no comment. I'm just playing by the rules." Kagome said. "I also know that you wouldn't want to look bad in front of other people. Isn't that why your actually going along with this?"

"I'm not a chicken." Inu yasha snapped.

"I never said you were…Okay…whatever." Kagome said.

"Are you sick?" Inu yasha said peering at Kagome closely. Kagome looked like she was lost in thought, in wonderland.

"No, and since when did you care?" Kagome snapped back to reality and asked.

"I don't care. It's just that you should've snapped back at me. That's not normal." Inu yasha said.

"I've been thinking…you know how Sango, Miroku, Mika and those other people? You know how they always make sure we stay together? I was wondering if we could………" Kagome started to talk. She was thinking of maybe actually acting all friendly and cozy with Inu yasha when her friends were around. When her friends saw how close they looked, they'd get jealous and want them as far apart from each other as possible. It would be fine with her as long as she got to act however she wanted when they were alone.

"Not a bad idea," Inu yasha said with the first genuine smile she'd ever seen, as if reading her mind. "I like it."

B-dum, B-dum, B-dum.

`What was that? Was that my heart pounding? What? Why?' Kagome said as she saw Inu yasha's smile.

"Anyways, I guess we can split up now. I think we're already 200 ft. away." Inu yasha said walking away without saying goodbye.

`Rude as always' Kagome thought. As Kagome kept walking, she found herself drifting back off into space and thinking about Inu yasha's smile. She, herself had a dreamy smile pasted on her face.

A/N: yay! I'm done w/ this chappie! Ugh, now back to the stupid hws…Evil teachers.