InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Truth or Dare? ❯ True Love ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Truth or Dare?

Summary: Two people who can't stand each other got dared to act like a couple for a week. Inu/Kag.

A/N: PLEASE READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE ON THE VERY BOTTOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

`Man. These people are stupid. Couples? Right………. like in a million years I will.' Inu yasha thought and glanced at Kagome. `She looks kind of cute……… what? I didn't say cute did I? No……… I didn't. I couldn't have.'

"Well, got to go! Er, see you tomorrow!" Kagome ran off before Inu yasha could speak.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 7: True love

"Nnng……." Kagome stirred as she woke up in the bright warm weather. Sunlight spilled into her bed room. She stood up and went to take a shower. (isn't that obvious?)

RING! RING!

Kagome scurried to her desk with a towel wrapped around her body and picked up the phone.

"Moshi moshi?" Kagome answered.

"HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!" Sango's voice boomed into the phone causing Kagome to pull away.

"Hi to you too. So what's up? Why are you so………….hyper?" Kagome asked.

"Am I? I just wanted to ask you something." Sango hesitated.

"What would the `something' be?" Kagome asked. She took a sip of water from her bed stand and listened to Sango.

"Hum, are you and Inu yasha shacking up? `Cause like, you guys never did actually apologize or went out before." Sango replied.

"WHAT?!" Kagome nearly screamed. The water she was drinking now ended up on the floor.

"Kagome?" Sango asked from the other line.

"What are you talking about? Shacking up? No way. You think I'm would possibly like him?! You're out of your mind." Kagome said shaking her head even though Sango couldn't see her.

"Hmm, then what's with the coffee shop thing? And what's with the `sorry' part?" Sango asked.

"No way…………..wait, I mean. Er…………we are just……… getting more friendly. You know, the way we are? You know." Kagome sputtered.

"No I don't know. What are you talking about?" Sango asked curiously.

"Um……………………R 30;……." Kagome began.

"KAGOME! ARE YOU AWAKE?! YOU NEED TO COME DOWN NOW!" Kagome's mother called from downstairs.

"Sorry Sango. Got to go. I'm going to be late. Bye!" Kagome said and she slammed the phone down. She ran downstairs to see what her mother wanted.

"What is it mother?" Kagome asked.

"Kagome! Why aren't you dressed yet?" Kagome's mother asked as her eyes widen.

"I woke up early enough. And it's not like anyone's here. It's only you. Plus, I have a couple of HOURS until I have to go to school." Kagome said giving a shrug.

"ARE YOU CRAZY?" Kagome's mother hissed loudly.

"What…………………….. " Kagome asked and she heard someone walking toward their direction.

"Um, excuse me? Er………………………….." Inu yasha came and stopped dead in his track. Kagome's eye's widen in shock. She couldn't move.

"What are you doing here?!" Kagome blushed as she turned away from him. Inu yasha did the same.

"The project. I was wondering about it. I was going to ask you about it. I called but no one answered. Then I came and your mother invited me." Inu yasha muttered.

Kagome's mother quickly pushed Kagome away.

"Young man! If a woman is in a really tight situation somewhat like this, you must not stay here! Do you understand? It's quite embarrassing. And also, Kagome, I would like you to quickly and go upstairs to change." Kagome's mother ordered as she watched her daughter scurry up the stairs. She turned to Inu yasha with a frown.

"Er………." Inu yasha gulped. He saw her frown turn into a smile.

"So when are you two going to get engaged?" She asked happily.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kagome went through her closet and picked out a long white skirt. She wore a baby blue tee shirt. She went to her dresser and began to comb her hair. After blow drying it, she twisted her hair into a loose bun. She stuck chop-sticks in it and wa la. She ran down the stairs and saw her mother talking to Inu yasha.

"……………………..I've always dreamed of having granddaughters or grandsons. *Sigh* I can just imagine them. Cute and cuddley. Kids running around in the backyard. *Sigh* I can just imagine it." Kagome's mother sighed.

"Ahem. Mother. What were you talking about?" Kagome asked. Since her mother was talking about something like `granddaughters or grandsons' Kagome was curious.

"Oh, it's nothing. Anyways. Your boyfriend here is more than welcome to come over anytime!" Kagome's mother smiled.

"B-boy-boyfriend?! What?! He is NOT my boyfriend. For the thousandth time, he is just a boy!" Kagome complained.

"Ah, whatever you say my dear. Whatever you say." Kagome's mother smiled and turned away. `Though they really don't notice that their love is beginning to bloom? Just the way they look at each other. I doubt they even know what's happening.' She thought.

~*~*~*~*~*

"Well, what do you want to do for the story. Your said you knew something?" Kagome asked. She was actually surprised to know that Inu yasha was actually going to participate.

"Well, I've got plenty of ideas." Inu yasha said with a bright smile. He took out his paper and began to read off the list. "The Kid Who Ate His Teacher. Bart the Fart Master. Ugly Women. The Worm Burger. 101 Ways to Annoy the Principal…………….." Inu yasha went on and on and on.

"Um, how very impressive. Although I don't think it's a really good idea to do those. They're pretty………………….gross for a fact. And um, I don't they are actually what the teacher is looking for.

"Then let's see you come up with a story." Inu yasha grunted.

"Well, you need to give me a few hours to think about it. It's not that easy to come up with stories." Kagome said.

"Well I came up with these in only 5 minutes." Inu yasha argued.

"That's because you didn't think of the beginning of the story, the middle, and the end. You only thought of the title. What good is that?" Kagome argued back.

"Okay, then I bet you that you won't come up with a good story by lunch. Let's bet on being each other's slaves for two whole days." Inu yasha smirked.

"NO!" Kagome shouted.

"Why not? Too chicken to bet?" Inu yasha asked.

"No, it's a homecoming week. Plus, The slave thing would end on exactly the homecoming day. This Friday." Kagome explained.

"Ugh. Why do people like to think about the prom? It's so stupid." Inu yasha said rolling his eyes.

"Did you ask anyone to the homecoming yet?" Kagome asked curiously.

"No. And why would I tell you?" Inu yasha said and glanced and Kagome.

"I don't know." Kagome said with a shrug.

"Are YOU going to the homecoming with anyone yet?" Inu yasha asked.

"No." Kagome replied.

"Who do you want to go with?" Inu yasha ask now smiling.

"Now THAT is none of your business. Who do you want to go with?" Kagome asked who blushed a little.

"If you're not telling me, then I won't tell you." Inu yasha said stubbornly.

"Please? Please, please, please?" Kagome begged and gave him her best puppy dog eyes.

"N-no." Inu yasha said who couldn't resist her eyes.

"Please?" Kagome asked one last time.

"NO." Inu yasha said firmly. Kagome dropped her doggy eyes and walked out of the room.

`She kind of looked cute like that.' Inu yasha chuckled.

`Ah ha! So you do like her.'

`Who the hell are you?'

`I'm you.'

`What the……….what do you want?'

`I want you to admit that you want to go to the homecoming with her.'

`I do not.'

`Do not.'

`Do too."

`Do NOT.'

`Do TOO.'

`Go away. Stop bothering me. I have better things to do than talking to you.'

`Fine. But you do want to go to the homecoming with her.'

"Whatever." Inu yasha muttered.

"Inu yasha! Come on! Let's go to school! You don't want to be late do you?" Kagome shouted from the front door.

"Coming!" Inu yasha shouted back.

~*~*~**~*~**~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*

"Kagome! Inu yasha!" Sango called out from the front gate of the school. Today she was wearing a dark blue shirt with a matching jean.

"Joy. Just what I need, a girl coming up and bugging me." Inu yasha muttered.

"You kind of forgot about me. She bugs me too. More than you." Kagome muttered back.

"So how was your drink yesterday?" Sango asked cheerfully.

"I knew it. I knew you were going to talk about that." Kagome said.

"Oh, really? Is it that obvious?" Sango asked.

"Oh, quite obvious all right." Inu yasha muttered.

"By the way, Inu yasha, Kagome. I think you should hear this," Miroku began. "There's been a rumor saying that you two are official?"

"WHAT?!" Kagome and Inu yasha said at the same time.

"They think that because you guys spend so much time together now. Doing exactly what the rules say, and even going out on dates!" Miroku said.

`I actually forgot about the dare.' Kagome thought. She wasn't really thinking. How can this be? People were supposed to forget about the dare and leave the two alone. But apparently it just got worse.

"This is going to be a very long week." Inu yasha muttered.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"The stupid dance is coming up. Ugh! And it's this Friday! I wonder who I'm going to go with." Kagome asked Sango.

"I wonder." Sango said with a smirk.

"Shut up." Kagome glared.

"What? I didn't do anything wrong. I was just wondering. There's nothing wrong with that is there?" Sango asked innocently.

"Right. You were thinking about me going with Inu yasha. That will never happen. Got that?" Kagome asked annoyed.

"But I never said that did I? Hah………you think you're going to go with Inu yasha! How cute!" Sango said and turned away.

~*~*~**~*

"Inu yasha, who are you going with to the homecoming?" Miroku asked.

"And why should I tell you?" Inu yasha asked.

"Because I'm your best bud! Duh!" Miroku exclaimed.

"Right. And that's suppose to make me tell you?" Inu yasha asked.

"Well, yeah. I suppose." Miroku replied.

"Uh huh. So who are you going with? Did you ask anyone yet?" Inu yasha asked with a smirk.

"Well, I was hoping I would ask Sango. Like always. Don't know how to ask her though. Should I give her some flower? Maybe with some music? Or, do you want me to buy her a ring?" Miroku asked.

"Dude, this isn't a marriage. It's a dance." Inu yasha reminded Miroku.

"I know. But I want her to say yes!" Miroku complained. "*gasp* maybe I can even give her a quick kiss!"

"Stop living in la la land." Inu yasha muttered.

`Should I ask her to the homecoming? Or should I not? Ugh. So confusing. What if she says no? Who cares, I can always ask someone else like Kikyo.' Inu yasha thought.

Inu yasha walked out of the school building and saw Kagome reading near a big tree all alone.

`This is my chance.'

Inu yasha walked up to Kagome and tapped on her.

"Kagome…………….um, I was wondering. You know how the homecoming is coming up? And you know, nobody asked us yet…………………………do you think……………" Inu yasha trailed off.

"Do you think………..what?" Kagome asked.

"Er, um." Inu yasha sputtered. Kagome gave him a side way glance.

"Would you……………w-would you l-like to g-go er……….." Inu yasha said.

"Would I like to go to…….you're really getting me confused, Inu yasha." Kagome said giggling.

"Well, wouldyouliketogotothehomecomingwithme? I mean you don't have to but…….." Inu yasha said.

"Wait, w-what did you say? I'm not sure if I heard you correctly." Kagome asked slowly.

"Um, would you like to go to the homecoming dance with me?" Inu yasha asked nervously.

"I-I………………" Kagome said.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N: hahahahahaha! I end there. I'm really really tierd. Its 12 right now. Sleepy. But I'm gonna update! Oh yeah you guys, eeer…reviewers…okay, you see, if you think I'm updating very slow, you can go to fanfiction.net/~S2animeluverS2. You need to put in the Ws. Basically what I was doing, was that I wanted to see how well I could do on mediaminer. (Didn't do as well as fanfiction, I'll admit.) So yeah! Couple of more reviews on fanfiction won't hurt! Haha. Anyway, thanks for the reviews!