InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Twirling Elements ❯ Forbidden Knowledge ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or Harry Potter. I do not make a profit off of this fanfiction.
 
Summary: After the Final Battle is over, Kagome finds herself stuck in her time with no way to get back to her mate, Sesshomaru. But she finds that she has more to worry about. Like being accepted to Hogwarts, finding out that she's more than she thought she was, and changing history! Meeting new demons, veelas, angels, and other creatures, she realizes that there's more in store for her than just learning magic. Pairings are Harry/Draco, Sesshomaru/Kagome, Silas/Inyx, and Elliot/Vira
 
Forbidden Knowledge
 

 
She stared blankly at the crisp parchment. Many conclusions were racing through her head at high speed, but one word persisted in echoing throughout her mind.
Witch
 
There was no possible way and yet she could not deny the possibility. Of course, it could simply be a joke but who would put so much effort in a prank? And if it were true, why hadn't her mother told her?
 
Her mother was in the kitchen at the moment, preparing dinner. As such, Kagome decided that she would try and bring the letter up while her mother was too busy to be properly angry with her.
 
She walked casually into the kitchen, and sat at the round, cheap looking table. She watched her mother for a minute as she chopped up some carrots.
 
“Mom,” she started carefully. “What do you know about witches?”
 
It happened so quickly that Kagome could barely react. The knife her mother had been using had veered off course and had made a deep cut in her mother's finger.
 
Kagome rushed to her side, and helped her clean it and wrap it neatly.
 
Her mother sat at the table in the chair across from her daughter. Her eyes were narrowed, and Kagome had to control the urge to fidget.
 
“Why do you want to know?” her mother asked tensely.
 
The young priestess could see that her mother knew something but would not be telling her anything. Her behavior was also horribly off, and her cheerful personality seemed to be possessed by a calm anger and an irregular slight fear.
 
So Kagome shrugged carelessly. “No reason really. I was just thinking of my priestess powers and magic, and I wondered if the term priestess had, over the years, formed into witch.”
 
Her mother eyed her with a suspicious look before relaxing immensely and smiling. “Well that is a possibility but I'm afraid I don't know the answer.”
 
Kagome laughed and shook her head. “I didn't really expect you to but I was curious.”
 
Her mother smiled at her again before getting up and returning to the vegetables.
 
The young seventeen year old slid off the seat and headed back up to her room where the two letters lay innocently.
 
`September 1st,' Kagome mused. `It would seem that my mother does not want me to know that I am a witch. I wonder why.'
 
She looked down at the date and list of supplies she would need at this magic school.
 
Her eyes glittered as she smirked. `I think I will be attending this…Hogwarts.”
 

 
Merely a week later, Kagome waved goodbye to her mother as she headed into the well house. Once inside, she stared down and frowned heavily. Two months ago it had sealed as Kagome and the others had finally found all of the Jewel shards, defeated Naraku, and put the Shikon Jewel back together. She had yet to tell her mother yet which she found to be a good thing because if she had, Kagome would have been hard pressed to find another way to sneak past her mother so that she could get to London.
 
After waiting in the cold, damp shack for over fifteen minutes, Kagome went out the back way. She ran down the long flight of stairs in front of her family's shrine, and once she reached the street, hailed a taxi to take her to the airport.
 
The Tokyo airport was a big place, and Kagome could see herself getting lost. But she got her ticket, gave the people at the desks her luggage, and walked toward the terminals.
 
Getting through security took almost half an hour, but when she did Kagome could see her gate. She walked briskly toward the stewardess at the small podium and handed in her ticket. In the middle of the plane, she found her seat and quickly fell asleep having exhausted herself getting to the plane. And for the next many hours, Kagome found herself reliving the last time she saw the Feudal Era.
 

 
Kagome climbed expertly out of the well to find herself face to face with a very pissed off half demon.
 
She sighed, and rubbed her temples, suddenly feeling a migraine coming.
 
“Hello, Inuyasha,” she said exasperated.
 
Inuyasha glared menacingly, crossed his arms, and said, “You're late. Now, just hurry up, wench. We need to find more jewel shards before Naraku gets them all. Remember, it's all your fault the Jewel broke.”
 
Kagome closed her eyes, and tried to calm down.
 
Once she opened them, she looked coldly at him. “First of all, I told you I'd be here today. I never said when, and last time I checked it's still today. Go figure. Second, my name is Kagome Higurashi! Okay? Good. And third, I'm quite aware of the fact that I broke the Jewel. I was there. Now if you're done repeating yourself, maybe we can actually get moving before I loose my temper and PURIFY YOUR ASS!”
 
Kagome calmly walked past the stunned Inuyasha.
 
Inuyasha quickly regained his composure, snorted, and muttered, “Wench. Like she could even control what little power she has.”
 
Kagome looked over her shoulder and raised an eyebrow in a very Sesshomaru-like fashion. “Oh? Do you really want to test me? No? Yeah, I didn't think so.
 
Kagome turned back around, and continued walking toward Keade's Village.
 
“Oh, and just in case you thought you were off the hook. Sit, sit, sit, sit, and sit! And SIT!!!”
 
And with a smirk, she left Inuyasha unconscious and covered in mud from the morning's rainfall.
 
When she walked into Keade's hut, she was greeted by the sight of Sango fuming and glaring at Miroku who, like Inuyasha, was unconscious, a bright red handprint on his left cheek. And, of course as per usual, Shippou was watching the scene with bright green eyes. Or, that is, until they flickered over to her and a smile broke out on his face.
 
“Mommy!”
 
Shippou attached himself to Kagome and proceeded to tell her how mean Inuyasha had been while she had been in her time.
 
A few minutes, and hugs, later, Kagome started making some ramen. She poured the noodles into the pot just as Inuyasha walked in muttering something about something or other.
 
He sat down across from Kagome and glared at her. And would have continued to do so if the familiar scent of ramen hadn't met his nose.
 
Dinner had been relatively quiet, something for which Kagome was quite thankful. Although, Shippou had tried to start a conversation, he stopped when he realized that obviously no one wanted to talk. Other than that, it was a quiet and peaceful dinner.
 
So it came as quite a surprise when the silence was interrupted by the sounds of Inuyasha and Kirara growling.
 
“What's wrong, Inuyasha?” Sango asked, taking out her giant boomerang.
 
But Inuyasha didn't answer her. At least not directly.
 
He growled and took out his sword, Tetsusaiga, which transformed into a bigger sword in a series of yellow lightning like lights as he pulled it out of its sheath.
 
“What do you want, Sesshomaru?!” Inuyasha snarled, baring his fangs.
 
Kagome looked into the sky, and saw a small white cloud descend in front of them, carrying our favorite demon lord.
 
Sesshomaru's knee length silver hair was being blown slightly to the right by the wind, and anyone else would have had to restrain themselves from walking over to him and running their hand through the silky looking locks. His molten gold eyes flashed coldly at his younger half brother, causing Inuyasha to back up a bit on reflex before standing his ground once again. In the dense forest, Sesshomaru's skin looked like it was glowing. The shadows of the trees and various others crossed his face and body, making him look all the more forbidding and inhuman. He was wearing his usual clothes: a white hakama, black combat boots, armor, and a big white fluffy tail-like thing over his shoulder.
 
Sesshomaru raised one perfectly sculpted eyebrow. “I have come to speak with the miko.”
 
This caused Kagome to jump out of her self induced trance, and she looked over to him, seeing him looking right back at her.
 
Inuyasha growled. “Like hell I'm gonna hand Kagome over! Wind Sc-”
 
Kagome stood in front of him. “Grow up, Inuyasha! Wind scar isn't going to solve all of your goddamn problems!” She turned away from the shocked Inuyasha and looked at Sesshomaru. “Of course I'll talk with you, Lord Sesshomaru.”
 
He slightly nodded his head and walked into the trees, Kagome following behind. “And don't even think of following us, Inuyasha!” she yelled over her shoulder.
 
After a few more minutes of walking, they reached a more secluded area, and Sesshomaru faced Kagome
 
She cleared her throat and nervously said, “What is it you wanted to talk to me about?”
 
He smirked, one of his fangs poking out. “I came here to ask if you wanted to be trained for the Final Battle.”
 
Kagome's eyes widened in shock and surprise. `Did he just ask what I think he did?'
 
She looked up at him, not noticing that she had been looking at her shoes, and saw him give her a small nod, still smirking.
 
So she took a deep breath, gathered up all of her courage, and asked, “Why would you want to train me?”
 
“I have had respect for you ever since you took care of Rin. I know Inuyasha and he won't train you because his mind is completely fixated on finding all of the jewel shards. With your current power status, if you are not trained, you will be killed by Naraku. You have amazing power that has not yet been tapped and brought out. I will need all of the assistance I can get when we fight Naraku, and you are one of the very few that can even hope to match my power. So, to answer your question, I want to train you because you are much too powerful to die at the hands of someone like Naraku.”
 
Kagome was speechless to say the least. Nevertheless, Kagome smiled slightly and nodded, following him back to the others.
 
Once they arrived back, Kagome personally glad the uncomfortable silence that had issued between Sesshomaru and herself was over, she walked over to Inuyasha and took a deep breath. “Inuyasha, I am going with Sesshomaru to his castle so that he can train me for the Final Battle with Naraku.”
 
Inuyasha looked at Kagome in complete shock but he quickly shook it off looking quite furious. “Now you listen here, wench. You will not be going anywhere without my permission and I forbid you to go anywhere with this bastard. Besides that, you still need to help gather the jewel shards.”
 
SLAP
 
“How dare you talk to me like that, you conceited, pompous, ass! All you care about are the jewel shards! I, on the other hand, would like to live to return home when this is all over. So whether you like it or not, `cause frankly I don't care what the hell you think, I am going with Sesshomaru!”
 
It looked like Inuyasha was going to shout out a retort but Sango and Miroku; who had woken up while Kagome had gone off with Sesshomaru; both hit him on the head, effectively knocking him out.
 
Kagome sighed in relief and smiled at them. “Thanks, guys.”
 
Sango smiled. “Any time. Inuyasha had no right to make you stay.”
 
Miroku grinned, and walked over to Kagome, putting an arm around her shoulders. “Yeah Kagome. Any time you need help; any help at all; just cal-”
 
Sango growled and hit him upside the head. “Perv. Take care, Kagome.”
 
Kagome laughed and gave Sango a hug. “See ya.”
 
Kagome knelt down in front of Kirara, and patted her on the head. “Take care of everyone for me, alright?”
 
Meow Meow
 
Kagome sighed sadly, and walked over in front of Shippou, who was crying silently.
 
“Shh…it'll be ok, Shippou.”
 
Shippou balled his fists and closed his eyes. “N-no it w-won't-t.”
 
Kagome bit her lip, and looked over at Sesshomaru. “Do you mind?”
 
He understood her question and shook his head, looking impassive.
 
Kagome smiled and picked Shippou up. “Would you like to come with us, Shippou?”
 
Shippou stopped crying, sniffs escaping him every once in awhile, and looked at her, his bright verdant eyes wide. “Really?”
 
Kagome motioned to Sesshomaru and Shippou redirected his question to him.
 
Sesshomaru nodded and put his arm around Kagome's waist. “Yes, it is fine with me. Rin could use a friend.”
 
And with that said, he summoned his demon cloud, and they headed toward his castle.
 
Kagome, on the other hand, busied herself by petting Shippou while thinking worriedly, `I wonder how this will turn out.'
 
~{}~
 
Ding “We will be landing soon. Please make sure all table trays are upright inthe correct position. Thank you for flying with us, and enjoy your stayin London.”
 
Kagome woke with a start. She yawned and rubbed her eyes. Looking out the window, she could see some of the city below, and she did as instructed, ready to get off the plane.
 
`Hogwarts, here I come.'
 
 
© 2008 Inyx Dawn