InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Twirling Elements ❯ Wizarding World Welcomes ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or Harry Potter. I do not make a profit off of this fanfiction.
 
Summary: After the Final Battle is over, Kagome finds herself stuck in her time with no way to get back to her mate, Sesshomaru. But she finds that she has more to worry about. Like being accepted to Hogwarts, finding out that she's more than she thought she was, and changing history! Meeting new demons, veelas, angels, and other creatures, she realizes that there's more in store for her than just learning magic. Pairings are Harry/Draco, Sesshomaru/Kagome, Silas/Inyx, and Elliot/Vira
 
Wizarding World Welcomes
 

 
Walking out of the London airport, Kagome suddenly realized that she had no idea where to get her supplies. Granted she knew where to catch the train but that was it.
 
She sighed and rubbed her eyes, shaking her head minutely. She looked up and hailed a taxi, deciding that she would go to the middle of London and hope for the best.
 
Paying the driver with the money she had gotten from the Currency Exchange, she looked up at the slightly dodgy Inn she was standing in front of.
 
“The Leaky Cauldron…,” she silently murmured.
 
She shrugged and walked inside. The inside was much better than the outside, and felt kind of homey. She walked up to the bartender, lugging her luggage after her.
 
“Um excuse me, sir. May I rent a room for the next couple weeks?” she said nervously.
 
The man had graying hair, and when he smiled she could see yellow crooked teeth. “Of course, madam, of course! That will be twenty galleons,” he exclaimed happily.
 
Kagome's face took on a blank look. She looked down at the crumpled notes in her hand, and then back at the man.
 
She blinked and said, “I only have pounds. What are galleons?”
 
He smiled sympathetically. “Quite alright, miss. I'll take fifteen pounds then. Oh, and galleons, knuts, and sickles are wizarding money. You'll need to go to Gringotts for a currency exchange. I'm afraid that I'm the only one who takes muggle money.”
 
Kagome handed him the correct amount of notes as she listened. “Thank you, but what are muggles? And where and what is Gringotts?”
 
The man laughed. “Oh I'm sorry. Muggles are non-wizarding folk, and Gringotts is the wizarding bank. It's located in Diagon Alley. Once you're settled into your room, come back down and I'll show you how to get there. My name's Tom by the way.”
 
She smiled gratefully. “My name's Kagome. Thank you so much, Tom. I'll be down in about ten minutes.”
 
She took the rusted key from his outstretched hand, and carried her luggage up the back stairs. Her room number was six, and she found it relatively quickly. The inside was rather dusty, reminding herself of the outside of the establishment.
 
She set her things next to the king sized bed that rested against the only wall with a muggy window. She placed the leftover notes on the dark wooded desk as she looked through a suitcase for her purse. Finding it, she stuffed the notes in it before walked back downstairs and over to Tom.
 
The man put someone else in charge while he took Kagome to the back. They walked until they reached a lone brick wall. Tom pulled out a rather long stick of wood with a handle, and tapped a couple of the bricks. Suddenly, the wall started to separate down the middle to allow passage through to a bustling street.
 
Tom smiled at Kagome's awed face. “This is Diagon Alley. I'm guessing that you are just starting school, yes?”
 
She nodded, still looking at all the shops.
 
He laughed. “Well to the right,” he pointed, “is Gringotts. You will need to get your school supplies after you exchange your money. All the shops you will need to visit are on this street, and the items they carry will be quite obvious by the names of the stores. I'm going to head back to the Inn. When you're done, just walk back to this wall and it'll open for you.”
 
Kagome smiled in thanks, and watched as Tom walked back through the wall.
 
She turned back around, and headed toward the bank, pushing through the doors and encountering a room overrun by strange creatures that reminded Kagome too much of a certain sickly green demon.
 
Nevertheless, she walked over to the closest one.
 
“Um excuse me. I need to exchange some money,” she said tensely, slightly nervous under the creature's narrowed gaze.
 
But he nodded and held his hand out. “The money please.”
 
Kagome dug through her purse until she had it all in her hands, giving it to the creature. Not a moment later, he handed her a small pouch that jingled as she took it.
 
She smiled in thanks, and walked out and down the street. The first shop, Madam Malkin's Robes for all Occasions, contained the robes she would need for school, so she headed inside.
 
Almost immediately, a rather plump woman hurried toward her. “Hogwart's, dear?” she asked kindly.
 
Kagome nodded, but before she could get a word in, the woman dragged her over to a small stage, and began measuring her. She handed Kagome a set of plain black robes, a plated grey skirt, and a white button up with a plain black tie.
 
“Try those on, dear,” the woman told her as she pointed toward a dressing room.
 
Kagome rushed into the room, and put on the uniform. It fit perfectly, but it hardly flattered her. She walked out anyway so that the woman could see that it fit.
 
The woman nodded. “Alright, dear, take those off, and I'll get you two more. I'll ring you up when you come back.”
 
Kagome smiled, and headed back to the room to change out of the restrictive clothes. When she got back, she handed them to the woman who, with a flick of a long wand like stick, had it wrapped and placed in a bag with the others.
 
“That'll be ten galleons and seven sickles please.”
 
She handed the woman the money, taking the bag and walking out of the store.
 

 
Two hours later found Kagome with all of her supplies bar a wand. She was just entering Olivander's, looking around for someone who worked there when a voice startled her from the back of the store.
 
“Ah, hello, hello, Ms. Higurashi. Your first wand, no? Well, better late than never.”
 
An old man with pure white hair walked up to the counter from the other side. He gestured for Kagome to come closer, and he turned around pulling out several thin boxes and stacking them on the counter.
 
Kagome stepped up to him, and waited patiently.
 
He gingerly picked up a box and took off the lid, pulling out a thin dark wand. “Aspen, unicorn hair for the core, swishy, and eleven inches. Excellent for defense,” he informed her, handing Kagome the wand.
 
She looked blankly at the wand before hearing the man laugh. “Give it a wave.”
 
So she did, and the vase in the corner exploded. She jumped, startled, and the man took the wand out of her grasp.
 
“No, no, no how about this?” he said, handing her yet another wand.
 
This went on for fifteen more minutes, and then, finally, there was only one more. He took out a light wooded wand with a mahogany handle.
 
“Birch, frozen tears from an ice phoenix for the core, slender, and twelve inches. Perfect for new beginnings.”
 
Kagome took the wand, and a spark ignited in her abdomen as it touched the palm of her hand. She waved it with a slight twirl, and a fountain of blue sparks sprouted from the end.
 
The man clapped. “Yes, there we are. That'll be two galleons, Ms. Higurashi.”
 
Kagome handed him the money, still astounded at the display her new wand produced.
 

 
The young woman plopped gracelessly on her bed. It had been a long day, and she was exhausted. As she fell asleep, she once again entered her memories; the memories of her training.
 
 
 
 
© 2008 Inyx Dawn