InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Twisted time ❯ reaction time ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or any thing related to Inuyasha… I own a poster of Sesshoumaru though *drools* er, I mean… Rumiko Takahashi own all rights. Lucky her
 
Thanks again to Gothycoalcchamber. She helped beta, as well as let me rant when I got ripped off… thanks. You rock.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
"What do you mean I smell like Naraku? I can't smell like Naraku! That would mean I was near Naraku, which would mean I would have sensed at least one jewel shard, which I didn't by the way, and that would have also meant I would have sensed a demon, and neither thing which I didn't sense. So I can't smell like Naraku!"
 
Kagome slid of Inuyasha's back. His ears were plastered to his head. "Buddha women! You don't have to go shrill! I'm just saying what I'm smelling!"
 
"But what you smell implies that I can't do my job as a Miko!" Kagome raised her arms up in the air in exasperation. She was an inch a way from sitting his sorry ass back to the past.
 
"I'm not saying you're not a good Miko. You're a GREAT Miko, FUCK, you're better then Kikyo ever was, or even Kaede could ever be, ALL I'm saying is, that you obviously don't have a demon nose, if he was able to put a barrier around his demon attributes."
 
Inuyasha was getting ticked. When he had smelled Naraku on her, he panicked. ==Naraku was near her, and I couldn't have saved her. God dammit, I was across the street, stopped by a couple of stupid 'guard' ningens. I'm such a baka. I could never have forgiven myself if she got hurt, cause I let my guard down==
 
Kagome's anger was stopped in her tracks. She hadn't expected anything so sweet out of the hanyou's mouth. "You think I'm a good Miko. Better then Kikyo and Kaede, even?"
 
Inuyasha straightened up at the realization of his slip. He turned his back to her as soon as he felt the blush rising in his cheeks. "Feh. I said it didn't I?"
 
Kagome sighed ==like I expected him to say something like that twice== "Ok, I'm sorry Yasha. I was stressed, I guess from the interview, even though it went well. I shouldn't have gotten mad at you. Forgive me?" Kagome tried to get him to face her. And when he did, she attempted the "puppy-dog" eyes that he gives her. Albeit, hers wasn't even close to the cuteness that he ends up giving off, when he gives "the eyes".
 
Inuyasha smiled at her attempt. "K. I guess so. It's not like it matters anyways." Inuyasha turned to her, and kneeled down, to allow her to get back on his back.
 
"Listen, Kags. If Naraku really was in that building, I don't want you going back there. And I'm fairly sure he was. His stench I could recognize anywhere, even 500 years in the future. It hasn't changed."
 
Kagome stiffened on his back as he took off. Not because of the cold, or because of the take off in general, but at Inuyasha's words. "Do you think, since you smelt him 500 years in the future, that means we never defeated him?"
 
Inuyasha's ears lowered as he thought. "Maybe, but I doubt it. That jack ass isn't gonna ever gonna live long enough to be in your time, not if I have anything to do about it."
 
Kagome still felt uncomfortable. ==maybe, maybe we are all being naive, thinking we can destroy him. He is very powerful, kami, even his demon puppets are hard enough to destroy with 4 of us fighting them. How can we ever face a final battle and win? ==
 
Inuyasha could feel her slowly tightening her grip on his haori. And as if he could read her thought he turned to face her. "Kags, listen. I won't let anything happen to you, ok? We will defeat him. You're powerful enough to probably kill him on your own. Not that I would allow you to face that bastard without me by your side. But just know this, we will defeat him."
 
They neared the shrine in record time, and could already see it. Inuyasha slowed down so they could talk a little longer with out her family around. He realized, that the only time they got to be just Inuyasha and Kagome, was when they were traveling.
 
Kagome knew why he was slowing down. She was grateful for it. "I know Inuyasha. I know you'll protect me, but..."
 
"No buts. Listen, we'll go back home, erm, I mean we'll go back through the well. But promise me one thing, Kags. That we don't tell the others about his smell here. If there is a flying pig's chance we don't, I don't want the others to be all depressed and shit, that'll just slow things down."
 
Kagome smiled despite herself. Even though he gave an excuse, she knew that he just didn't want the others to feel bad. Whether he knew it consciously or not, he was like a pack leader. And he always felt he had to protect them, whether it was physically or emotionally.
 
Kagome knew, he would sometimes, be rude, and make her mad, or hurt Shippo, but it was how he dealt with things. He "thumped" Shippo for punishment, like a father. And the times he hurt her, he didn't even realize it, since it was when he went to Kikyo. But he always did try his hardest. Harder then all of the rest of them.
 
Kagome sighed at her thought and nodded into his back.
 
"Good. Now, how long do we have to stay in your time, or can we go back now?"
 
Kagome was shocked, "Your asking if I want to go back? No, 'bitch, your late, why do I always have to come and get you. Lets get going!' " Kagome imitated Inuyasha In a gruff voice that made her chuckle to herself.
 
Inuyasha, though was less then amused as he set down on the shrine front lawn. "Very funny, bitch. Jeesh, I try to be nice and that's what I get."
 
"You nice?!" Kagome gasped in an over dramatic way. She knew he was already sensitive over smelling Naraku, then her imitating him, didn't help to make him happier. ==how often do I get to tease him like this, without someone watching, and Inuyasha claming up! ==
 
Inuyasha stuck his nose up in the air and crossed his arms, then pouted, "I can be nice."
 
"Uh-huh." Kagome stared at him in mock dis-belief, which he caught on to == my bitch is making fun of me. I'll show her==
 
Inuyasha looked her in the eye, "You want to see me nice?"
 
Kagome squealed and ran as fast as she could to the shrine. But Inuyasha still caught up to her. "Take it back, bitch. Tell me I can be nice."
 
Kagome was in his grasp. His arms had encircled her. She was squirming to get away. "No," stopping just long enough too look at him in his eye she whispered, "I won't say it. If you wanna hear that, you gonna have to make me." She smiled at his shocked _expression.
 
"Careful what you ask for..."
 
Kagome giggled, "The _expression is 'careful what you wish for'. "
 
"Feh." With that he smiled and tightened his embrace with his left arm. Her body and arms were captured by his chest. His right hand came around to tickle her mercilessly at her side.
 
Kagome's legs completely came out from under her, and she slumped down to get away from his hand.
 
"Stop, stop, haha, stop it YASH, AH, please, please, hahaha."
 
"Say I'm nice bitch." Inuyasha smiled. He loved it when she laughed or even just...
 
"Uncle, ha, ha, please, uncle!" Kagome was on the ground in front of the shrine, laughing and kicking her legs, with the hanyou to the left side of her tickling her stomach.
 
Inuyasha's smile grew. "I didn't say, to say 'uncle'. You know what I wanna hear."
 
"Ok ok, please stop, haha, please, fine, your nice, happy, STOP!" Kagome had tears running down her cheeks. The first time they did this Inuyasha freaked out, thinking he had hurt her and she was crying. But now those tears of joy brought butterflies to his stomach.
 
He stopped and lifted her up and carried her in the house, bridal style, "Now, was that so difficult?"

Kagome rolled her eyes, but smiled in spite of herself. "Sure."
 
Setting her down in the hall way, the two quickly realized no one was home. Kagome looked at him. Inuyasha took that as an obvious sign to 'check-with-your-demon-senses' that they aren't home. Sniffing the air he shook his head, "Nope, nobody's home."
 
Kagome shrugged, "They must have gone for groceries or something."
 
"Does that mean we can go back home?" Inuyasha had stepped closed to the door hoping she would say yes.
 
Kagome picking up on his wording smiled. "Inuyasha, technically this is my home. And no, I want a bath and I have to change. No way am I going back in time in a suit."
 
Inuyasha's ears flattened == right, baka, this is her home. There isn't any reason why she would want to call the other time her 'home'==
 
"Oh, um sure. I guess I'll just rest here on the couch, and you can have a bath, then we can go?"
 
Kagome nodded her head ==I wonder why he is so depressed. Is it because of smelling Naraku in this time? ==
 
"Alright. By that time my family should be home and then we can go." Kagome started unbuttoning her suit jacket and watched Inuyasha head for the couch as she headed for the stairs, "Um, Inuyasha? Don't stress about Naraku, ok?"
 
"Feh! Like I would worry." He hit the couch and stretched out.
 
"Oh, Kagome?"
 
She stopped on the stairs. Her jacket was over her arm and her button up shirt was half unbuttoned from the bottom. "Yes Inuyasha?" She couldn't see him from where she was standing, but she stared at the back of the couch.
 
"How did your, interview thingy go?", came the voice from the couch
 
Kagome smiled, "It went well. They said I can start part time in two weeks." She started to head up stairs again, finishing off unbuttoning her shirt.
 
"What does 'part-time' mean? Will you be here as much as you were for your skool thing?"
 
Kagome sensed in his voice a hint of sadness and worry and she frowned at the couch, "Um, I guess. They said I have to be here for Saturdays, one full day during the week and one half day. It changes monthly which days though."
 
Inuyasha wasn't really sure when Saturday was, but it sounded like a lot of time to him. "Oh. Um. You seemed really stressed before you went, why?"
 
Kagome sat on the top of the stairs, "Because its like a test. Remember those that I had to take in school? Well that was like a test that I have to take, but it's not on paper, or about knowledge. It's on you, in general. They rate if you're good enough for something, they rate if you're good enough."
 
Inuyasha was starting to drift off, "Feh! Then of course you got it! You'd be good enough for anything, Kagome. But I want to come with you for this 'job' thing. Or at least wait for you. If Naraku really was near by and you really didn't sense him, he could be there when you go back, we, *yawn*, we need to be careful Kags."
 
"Mmm. Yeah we do. Yasha?"
 
"...."
 
Kagome got up and walked toward the bathroom, looking behind her, and then finished taking off her shirt, "Night Inuyasha, don't stress. I'll watch out for you while you sleep, like you do when I'm awake."
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
don't forget to Read and Review. Comments and critiques welcome.
 
(and don't forget to check out my other stories… always luc comments all all of them!)
 
~Anime Fan~
=^~.-^=