InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Two Faced ❯ Phase 1 v.2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Two Faced
By: Aqua
Chapter Two: Phase 1 v.2

Previous chapter
“You smell delicious. I could eat you right up.” She was afraid he'd do just that…
-
-
“Let me go. I have a black belt in Karate; you obviously don't know how much damage I can cause to your nervous system alone.” Actually it was brown, but there wasn't a very big difference. The brown belt was widely used as a symbol for an advanced rank and the black one symbolized expert proficiency. And even if she wasn't practiced in any sort of martial art, the horny little beast wouldn't even be able to tell because he was drunk enough not to hear the wan lie in her voice; so wasted that he paid no heed to the faint tremor in her hands. Still she remained cautious. Sudden movements could cause unwanted consequences.
 
His hands tightened briefly on her arms and he chuckled humorlessly. “Mmm…I like a little fight in my women.”
 
She'd read somewhere in one of her Human safety magazines that if you were being assaulted/molested they'd be more likely a chance of getting hurt if you struggled so for the moment she remained stiff and unmoving. “I hope all that fire wasn't just for show,” he murmured taking advantage of her anchored position by pressing her closer to his chest. “Maybe we can-”
 
“I see you've met my brother. Let Kagome go. Now Jaye.” It was Saku. She almost heaved a sigh of relief but the other girl looked spitting mad, eyes glinting as hard as frozen emeralds and fingers clenched into small fists at her sides. Her temper had definitely been chafed.
 
The hands that were currently roaming up and down her shoulders and arms stopped in their slow perusal and loosened considerably as the boy- Jaye raised his head to gaze at his younger sister. He squinted, trying to see Saku better because the light in this particular hall was so dim. Or maybe it was because he was so hammered.
 
Kagome could have taken this chance to dash out of his arms but she was too shocked and surprised or even both to really do anything at the moment but stand there looking like a culprit caught during one of her many rendezvous. “Jaye. Let. Her. Go.” Saku repeated patiently; slowly, as if she were speaking to a young child. “She's my…” Saku hesitated, as if choking on the words. She cleared her throat then started over. “She's my friend and I invited her here, so back off.” Her voice had grown firmer; more believable. Even Kagome almost bought the words that spilled out of Saku's mouth with such ease. She hadn't even been invited to the party- well not directly. It'd been a bet and she, Kagome, had had the gall and stupidity to take it on because in her opinion, pride was infinitely worth much more than money.
 
This time around, Kagome's senses had kicked in and abruptly she disentangled herself from Jaye's moist hands. In the faint light that illuminated the corridor, she could see the sculptured details of his face more thoroughly. Instead of his hair being black like his sister's, it was a dark auburn pigmentation with the short, brown strands efficiently disheveled. But the eyes were the same. They were green, penetrating. Except Jaye's were glazed over with the distinguishable after effects of alcohol consummation. He was wearing gray baggy pants and an equally loose slate-blue sweatshirt. Since he no longer had anything (anybody) to hold onto, his hands were stuck in the deep pockets of his drab slacks. His face was all rough edges and wild angles and the smile that was on his quick-and-ready mouth probably made all girls within a five mile radius swoon. She started to hate him all over again.
 
“Come on Kagome, the party's this way.” Saku muttered stiffly between clenched teeth before turning and heading towards the opposite direction.
 
“I'll see you around…Kagome.” She heard before scrambling to follow Saku. She definitely didn't want to be stuck in a dark hallway with him again. She didn't know what would have happened if Saku hadn't appeared out of nowhere. `Someone would have gotten hurt,' the thoughts swirled defiantly in her head. `And it wouldn't have been me.'
- - -
After that little `incident', she didn't see Jaye again and Saku was making a genuine effort to stay out of her way. `So much for friendship.' Kagome thought, inwardly rolling her eyes. Soon deciding that she desperately needed something to distract her, she reflected upon the things she'd seen so far. The house was spacious and extravagantly decorated. It had over two entertainment rooms and so far she'd discovered three bathrooms. The building itself was four stories high and they were rumors that they were going to add two elevators to the already artful mansion. Wisteria crawled up the arched trellis and tentatively touched the edge of one of the five balconies (two in the front, and three in the back), enticing a sweet smell from the buds.
 
The rosebushes that had been covered with toilet paper were now unveiled and they were looking as delicate as ever after a faint and short shower of dewy, spring rain. At the moment Kagome was leaning over one of the marble verandas and she took this time to breathe in some fresh air to clear her head. Usually she didn't like being by herself, especially at a party but there was something different this time and she didn't mind speculating on past events and trying to get her senses together…alone. She took a sip of her Dr. Pepper and murmured a soft sound of approval. She liked- loved Dr. Pepper. People said that it tasted like medicine but when she had the tantalizing liquid in her mouth, all she could taste was something sweet and zesty that bought quick satisfaction and was easily savored. But she hated Pepsi. Loathed it with a passion usually reserved for her long-time hobby of writing short stories and poetry.
 
Thinking that she'd had one drink too many, she headed off in a wayward direction, certain that she'd soon find one of the richly luxurious bathrooms hidden somewhere around this section of the house.
- - -
“Sess, you know smoking's bad for your lungs.”
 
“Were all going to die eventually, Kouga.” He replied in a monotone and took another drag.
 
Friends and family alike had advised him to shorten the pale white threads but he'd never taken orders from anyone but himself so why start now? Exactly. His eyes were a molten amber hue that seemed to scorch you with one hot look. His face was aristocratic and refined; haughty in its own sort of rare fashion. His nose was finely shaped, the lips pleasingly ample. The cheekbones were high and it was obvious with just a glance that he had a majority of the girls' hearts going pitter-patter. And maybe the boys too, but for entirely different reasons. He had an air of dispassion that was hard to miss and was worth a second glance. His placidity tempted a lot of people to get under his skin and layers and see the real Sesshoumaru and believe me they tried but in the long run, they walked away with an load of disappointment and a blow to their pride. The day he showed any sort of passionate emotion, besides boredom and maybe a rare hint of anger, would be the day hell froze over.
 
Now Kouga, he was a different story. He had the rugged looks that many older women found so appealing. His blue eyes were direct and clear, his mouth tipped at the corners with an arrogant smirk. His hair was a subtle contrast against his friend's ivory strands and the obsidian tendrils were tied up in a trade mark ponytail. He wasn't as virile as Sesshoumaru but he had a unique charm that came naturally to him and that, he'd decided early on in life, was what the ladies wanted.
 
“Well fluffy, you're just speeding up the process. You'll probably gonna be six feet under before you hit the big four-O and the same thing will happen to me too. I mean secondhand-”
 
“Life is a constant hindrance; the best thing you can do is end it. And you shouldn't poke around in someone's business unless you're prepared to take a few hard shoves yourself.”
 
“I don't even know why I stick with you, being as cynical as you are.” Kouga shot back, waving a hand in dismissal to Sesshoumaru's last comment.
“The door's always open. No one's forcing you to stay.”
 
“Whatever.” Kouga's eyes wandered around the room, already bored with the stale conversation and seeking new meat to gnaw on. Since he and his companion were in a secluded corner, he could watch girls without worrying that their boyfriends would seek him out later and beat him to a bloody pulp. And then as the azure eyes drifted they lingered on a lone figure standing near the intricately constructed balcony. He could only see the back of her head but so far, he liked what he saw. Her small, limber body was arrayed with stylish clothes that didn't look hoe-ish but weren't too childish either. The skirt she wore revealed long, tanned legs that were about a mile high. When she turned around and he got his first glimpse of her face- his heart skipped a beat and his breath caught in his throat. She was a pretty thing. A definite stunner.
 
“Find something you like?” Sesshoumaru commented idly with a raised brow.
 
He was ignored.
 
She had wide blue eyes, a shade lighter than the treacherous waters of the sea. Her lips were carelessly sensual and slicked with gloss. The cute button nose was upturned and the stubborn jaw was even now jutting out with unconscious defiance. The doll-like face was haloed by wisps of smooth, glossy black hair and even though she still had major baby fat in her cheeks, her features were still stunningly extraordinary. Not quite beautiful but…different. It was obvious though, that in five or six years she'd be drop-dead gorgeous. Then before he had a chance to collect his disoriented thoughts, she was gone, threading her way through the massive crowd.
 
“Did you see her?” He didn't ask, it was more of a demand.
 
“See who?” Sesshoumaru replied boredly.
 
“The black-haired girl with pretty blue eyes. She's hot!” He exclaimed and because he couldn't help it, his eyes scoured the crowd once more, searching for `her'.
 
“No and I wouldn't care to either, you of all people should know that by now.”
 
Kouga turned to face Sesshoumaru's indifferent gaze and shook his head in mock pity.
 
“Okay Sess, man-to-man time. Now come out with it and tell me the truth…are you gay or something?”
 
There was a moment when a fire flickered with the depths of Sesshoumaru's eyes but he banked it quickly and efficiently and the porcelain mask was resumed. Instead of answering though, he crushed his cigarette butt under his shoe. Hard. Kouga heeded the warning and with a mumbled “Never mind, I don't wanna know that badly anyway,” he returned back to his temporary occupation of watching girls.
 
They stood there, well Kouga stood there in an awkward silence and almost sighed with relief when Sesshoumaru muttered a mumbled “I have to go,” and stalked off.
- - -
Kagome had found the bathroom but she'd been in such awe with her surroundings that she'd decided to explore the big, beautiful house instead of going back to the terrace. Fresh air more often than not, went to her head. As she trailed about, touching the mauve colored walls and peeking into rooms, she noted that she was in another hallway. One much like the one where she'd had her little `collision' with Jaye. Too engrossed with her thoughts and surroundings, she didn't hear the mumbled curses or the light footsteps on the expensive carpet floor until she bumped into yet another body. `Two in one day, that must be a record,' she thought as she gazed up to meet flickering amber eyes. She'd never seen a gold this solid…this true, maybe they were contacts? And his hair- whoa! She wondered if it was dyed but she couldn't see any dark roots showing through the ivory strands.
 
His face was as beautiful as eyes and her heart couldn't help but increase in speed as blue and amber clashed…lingered…and then she looked away, ruining the moment when a faint blush tinged her face.
 
“Uh, sorry. I wasn't really paying attention to where I was going.”
 
“No need to tell me, I could tell.” His voice was as smooth and polished as a brass knuckle and her eyes narrowed into slits. Not many people knew how to accept an apology gracefully these days
 
“Well, sorry anyway. `Scuse me” She said before shoving past him and striding off without looking.
 
She was determined to enjoy her time during the rest of the party and also determined to put those gold eyes out of her head. Easier said than done.
- - -
To make a very long story short, the two of them kept bumping into each other and a few days later they were forced to exchange names. Soon Sesshoumaru found himself engrossed with her and her eccentric ways so he did what came natural to him and asked her out on a date. She refused at first but Sesshoumaru wasn't used to anyone saying no to him so in a matter of speaking, he wore her down and changed her mind. Kouga was of course, extremely jealous! Six months later they were still going steady and the relationship was hot and heavy…then Kagome got pregnant…and the happy couple was happy no longer...

3 Aqua
Love it? Hate it? Please leave a review; this is my first story ever!

 
-don't forget to leave a review!