InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Two Hearts-Two Beings-One Love ❯ Prologue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Yeah…you all know what I own and what I don't own. I'm not gonna put with up again for this story =^-^=
 
Kaori: Yea, yea. I'm right in the middle of a Sess/Kag fic but I just got this idea I just had to start writing up on! Don't worry ppl who's reading Love & War. I'll start at chapter 6 right after I get this prologue done. ^-^ Ja.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Two Hearts-Two Beings-One Love
Prologue
 
 
“Oh, crackers.” Kagome sighed as she stared down at the broken bottle that contained the Shikon shards; she let out a small groan as she picked up the pieces of the jewel. “I'm going to have to find another bottle later…” she looked at her watch. “But right now I gotta hurry! Inuyasha will be steamed if I'm late!” she carefully put the Shikon shard in one of the many pouches on her swollen yellow backpack before running out to the well house.
 
Kagome sighed as she reached the well; she leaned over the side and peered down into the darkness. “I guess it wouldn't help if I was a little late…” she breathed in the musky air that had taken over the little well house. `Everyday I struggle to get through life in that era…it's like a living breathing madhouse.' She smiled and rested her chin in her hands, studying the wells darkness. `But yet I love it there…it seems more of a home to me that what the present has ever been…it feels like I belong there…'
 
With that thought in mind Kagome grabbed her backpack and dropped into the well, she closed her eyes as the blue aura engulfed her and sucked her through time. `I guess it's safe to say that…I'm going home…' she thought as a small giggle escaped her lips. `Kagome, you're delusional! Your just here to collect the jewel shards! Sure you've made some friends along the way…but you don't belong to this time!'
 
The aura disappeared and Kagome was now standing at the bottom of the well in the feudal era, she climbed up the side of the well on the vines she had always used as her own person ladder. It was night, and the full moon was bright and lit up the sky, beautiful stars shone brightly in the matted heavens around the moon. `The moon guides them to shine their light.' Kagome thought as she started to make her way to Kaede's village.
 
`I wonder if they are waiting for me…' Kagome thought. `I know Sango-chan, Miroku, and Shippo-kun have no trouble waiting for me to come back, but I know Inuyasha must be steamed by now…sure I'm making great time but that hanyou can be so…so…ignorant!' the young miko frowned and curled her hair behind her ears. “He's just going to have to put up with it then! Humph! It doesn't kill him to wait a little!” she finished her thoughts out loud, but right after she heard Inuyasha's voice through the trees.
 
“But she means nothing to me! I promise you that…”
 
Kagome got a chill, what was he talking about? And who was he talking to?! She had to find out, so silently she made her way through the trees. `I wonder what he's doing out here? And who doesn't mean anything to him?' a knot tired itself in Kagome stomach; she was a little scared of what she would find out. `I have a bad feeling…'
 
That bad feeling soon turned into a cruel reality as Inuyasha and Kikyo came into Kagome's sighting. She stopped and hid behind a tree, just like before. Her heart thumbed in her chest heavily, she was kind of surprised the hanyou never picked up its sound. She now knew whom he was talking about…actually she was surprised her ears hadn't completely burnt off!
 
The sensation of wanting to run off into oblivion tugged at Kagome's heart and legs, but she couldn't run…she wanted to hear more…she wanted to find out what was really going on inside Inuyasha's thick skull…
 
“Kikyo I promise you…every time I look at her…every time I speak with her…it's like I'm with you…and I long for you…don't you understand that?” Inuyasha pressed on with the conversation he was having with the dead miko.
 
“You are fooling yourself Inuyasha.” Kikyo said. “You have no right to come and seek me out just to fill my head with such nonsense! I have to desire to be with you…I have no desire to even look at you. All I wish to do is see you die…then turn my back from the world once again.”
 
“You know you don't mean that.” Inuyasha argued. “Kikyo I know you still have feelings for me in there somewhere. And I'll do anything to get them out into the open like they were fifty years ago!” he grabbed her hands. “Please…I can't go on without you…I need you, Kikyo.”
 
Kagome left the scene and continued her way to the village, unwanted tears started to roll down her face. That was it then…she had completely fooled herself into thinking that her staying with Inuyasha would make her feel better. But it only made matters worse…she was better off staying home and getting an education. Not gallivanting around the feudal era chasing a dream that would never come true. So she had made up her mind, she'd visit the other in the village, and when Inuyasha came back she'd give him the shards and leave…forever.
 
-Unfortunately for Kagome's hasty retreat, she never heard the rest of Kikyo's and Inuyasha's conversation…-
 
“You are lying to yourself, Inuyasha. You know it as much as what I do.” Kikyo took her hand away from Inuyasha's. “Just think to yourself who you'd rather be without? How far in life will you get without Kagome? And then think about how far you'd get without me, and then tell me…who do you really need?”
 
Inuyasha took in Kikyo's words with a heavy heart, but the realization soon came to him. Kagome was everything to him…she had always been. His fascination with Kikyo was just an old habit trying to wear away. The hanyou blinked and looked at Kikyo. “Your right…” he started to back away. “I can't believe I've been such a blind fool.”
 
“You see more clearly now?” Kikyo asked. “Good.” Her soul collectors wrapped themselves around her body. “But no matter what Inuyasha, I'll be back for you. You will die at my hands…” then she was gone.
 
Inuyasha directed his vision to the moon. “Kagome should be here by now…she's probably in the village…” he started to run through the trees. `I have to tell her how big of a fool I have been…I have to tell her the truth…'
 
The salty smell of tears drifted to his nose as he entered the village, Miroku was waiting for him outside of Kaede's hut where crying could be heard from within. It was Kagome…
 
“Miroku, what wrong is she hurt?” he started his way into the hut, but Miroku stopped him. “What do you think your doing monk?” Inuyasha snapped.
 
“She's leaving us, Inuyasha.” Miroku said in a flat tone of voice. “You've really done it this time.”
 
“Wait, what do you mean she's leaving us?” Inuyasha grabbed Miroku's shoulders.
 
“He means I'm leaving and not coming back.” Kagome said as she stepped out of the hut, Shippo was crying in her arms, and Sango and Kaede walked out behind her. Sango looked really peeved, and the look she gave Inuyasha was enough to kill.
 
Kagome gave Shippo one final hug before putting him down, she then reached into one of her pouches in her backpack and grabbed the shards. “Here are your precious shards!” she threw them at Inuyasha before picked her bag up and putting it over her shoulders. “I'm sorry guys…this is just too much for me…” she gave Sango and Kaede a hug, bringing the two women to tears. She then gave Miroku a kiss on the cheek followed by a hug…and a tolerant second for when he rubbed her backside.
 
Kagome then turned her teary eyes towards Inuyasha. “Goodbye, Inuyasha.” She sniffed and ran past him.
 
“Kagome wait!” Inuyasha yelled. “Kagome it not what it seemed! Kagome!” his bottom lip trembled as he watched her disappear into the forest. `…she's gone…' tears formed in his eyes, and as they started to roll down his cheeks he ran forward a couple steps and screamed: “FINE! GO HOME! NO ONE WANTS YOU HERE ANYWAY!”
 
 
Kagome stopped at the well hearing Inuyasha's cry. “I'm well aware of that.” She let out a low sob as she dropped down into the darkness of the well with no intention in trying to get back to the feudal era.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Kaori: Good? Bad? Feed back! Should I continue?? =^-^=