InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Two Hearts-Two Beings-One Love ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kaori: Yay! I got a few reviews within minutes of posting up the prologue! SO! Here's Chapter 1! Enjoy people! =^-^=
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Two Hearts-Two Beings-One Love
Chapter 1
 
 
“Engaged…what do you plan on doing now?” Riana asked Kagome, she was holding up a video camera in front of the miko's face. Riana and Kagome had met during Kagome's first year at college; she had short blue hair and bright pinkish eyes. She seemed to be a real bubble-brain in most ways, but a lovely young lady none the less.
 
Kagome smiled and looked at her engagement ring, she and Hojo had been going out for the past seven years and finally the now famous movie star had got up the urge to propose. “I have no idea…” she was still flabbergasted about the whole ordeal, right before Hojo left for his new movie shooting he had made a quick proposal. “I guess I'll wait to hear from Hojo…then try to figure out what to do from there.”
 
“Oh now that's no fun.” Riana laughed as she zoomed in on Kagome. “These are your last few months to be free! Do something exciting! Travel!” her eyes widened. “Oh! Oh! I have an idea! Go back to the shrine in Tokyo!”
 
“Riana…” Kagome warned. She knew where this was going...she had told Riana about her experiences in the feudal era, and all that had happened, including the reason why she left.
 
“Oh come on, Kagome. I'm sure your friends miss you like hell!” Riana turned off the camera and placed it on the bed. “And I bet it would surprise the hell out of Inuyasha to see you back there!”
 
Kagome sighed. “Thank you for opening up old wounds, Riana…” she twisted her engagement around on her finger. “And you know I can't go back…I gave them the shards back before I left…I can't get back through the well without at least one of them.” `Not like I want to go back…I'm sure it would be nice to see my friends again, but by now the Shikon no Tama is probably whole…meaning Inuyasha is probably a full fledged youkai by now…or has Kikyo wished back to life.'
 
“Well let's try it this way then,” Riana smiled. “Sense your mom and brother moved when your grandfather was put in that old folks home the shrine is now entirely yours. You owe it to yourself to go home again to see it! You grew up there Kagome, and as I said it IS legally yours. So…you see where I'm coming from?”
 
“You want me to sell it?”
 
“Um…that…or you can use it as a summer home for when Hojo comes back from his movie shoots!” Riana beamed, she really wanted to help. “And you might be able to find some things that you've forgotten all about sense you were last there! Just imagine how much stuff you have left back home that you adored when you were younger!”
 
“You manage to talk me into everything.” Kagome smiled. “Ok, fine. I'll take a small rip back home…under one condition.”
 
“Anything.”
 
“You have to come too.”
 
Riana jumped up and squealed. “Really? You'll take me? Thank you, Kagome!” she gave the miko a hug. “You will have to show me EVERYTHING! The well, the tree, everything!” she smiled brightly.
 
Kagome smiled softly. “Sure, Riana; I'll show you everything.”
 
“Great! Let's get ready to go!” Riana grabbed Kagome's hand. “This is going to be so much fun!”
 
~
 
“Yes honey, I'm at the airport now.” Kagome spoke to Hojo softly as she waited for Riana to buy the plane tickets. She shifted her cellular phone to her other ear and settled her head back on the wall. “I miss you too…”
 
Well she was hoping she missed him…ever sense Riana brought to her attention that she would have to show here everything that had to do with the well and the god tree her mind had been elsewhere; as in over five hundred years in the past. She couldn't stop thinking about her friends…hell it wasn't her friends…it was Inuyasha.
 
She couldn't believe it, ten years of living away from the fantasy world the feudal era had become to her and she still wasn't completely over the hanyou. In her own mind she felt mad with herself for ending up with Hojo. Like come on, he was the boy in high school her friends wanted her to date…she wasn't supposed to end up engaged to him!
 
But Kagome knew why it all turned out this way. The rejection she had suffered through because of Inuyasha made her feel as if she would never find someone else to spend the rest of her life with…so she just did what her friends wanted her to and went with Hojo. But it took her awhile to get around to it. She had only gotten together with him when she was in grade eleven for a couple of months, then they broke up and some how managed to get back together when Kagome was almost twenty.
 
“Kagome? Kagome, are you still there?” Hojo's voice rang through Kagome's thoughts, bringing her back to reality.
 
“Yeah Hojo…listen Riana is coming back there now so I'll let you go, ok? I'll call you when we get to Tokyo.” She forced a smile as if Hojo could see it. “Love you too.” She turned off her phone and put it in her purse. Riana was nowhere in sight though, she just wanted to hang up.
 
She started to reflect on the last ten years of her life, first off how she completely fell into a pit of darkness and despair after she came back from feudal Japan for good. Her fingers traced over the old scars that were on her wrists of the many foolish attempts to kill herself; she could still feel the knife cutting into her flesh, tearing out all her pain for the world to see…if the world cared to look.
 
`I was a fool.' She thought as she tightened her fists together until her knuckles turned white. `But I grew strong…I got over all my pain…' got over it? No, not quite. She pushed all her pain down into a little ball and crammed it to the back of her mind and heart, forgetting about it, not allowing it to force its way back out into the open anymore. But she was right about one thing, she did grow stronger…physically.
 
She hit a phase at the age of twenty one where she felt she wasn't strong enough in the arts, so she started to train her body and mind in the deadly arts. Now, at the age of twenty six, she was a black belt, a master swordswomen, and she still has her deadly aim with the bow and arrow…but she only practiced on her own for the simple fact that she still had her miko powers.
 
Her miko powers, Kagome still trained them along the lines at which old Kaede had taught her to. She knew lots more about her powers now and more about healing, but she never trained her powers as much as she trained her body. She had no reason to train either of it; she was never going to get back to the feudal era without a Shikon shard, or the Shikon jewel itself. And where in her time would she need to use any of these abilities anyway? All she could do was say she could do it and that's it.
 
“Kagome lets go.” Riana called from one end of the airport. “I have the tickets! Our plane leaves now! Come on!”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Kaori: Okay, I know not a very interesting chapter but it had to be added! I'm goin' right on to making chappie 6 of my other fic and then chappie 2 of this one! So Ja! Dun 4get to review! And thanks to those who have already reviewed!