InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Two Hearts-Two Beings-One Love ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Two Hearts-Two Beings-One Love
Chapter 3
 
 
“Daddy! Daddy!” Mika ran up to Miroku and jumped in his arms. “The lady saved me! The eagle youkai is destroyed!” she gave Kagome a pretty little smile.
 
“Ah.” Miroku walked up to Kagome and shook her hand. “Thank you very much! If there is anyway possible we can repay you please don't…” he slowly let go of her hand and looked at her carefully. “If I could ask one more favor of you…” he handed Mika to Kagome. “Give me and my wife a second…please.”
 
Kagome watched at Sango and Miroku stepped to one side and started to whisper, an aching feeling in her stomach suddenly took over as she put Mika on the ground. `They know…' she thought. `They know…what shall I say? What will I do? How will…how will they react to me?' she started to fondle with her bow.
 
Sango turned and looked at Kagome, her eyes wide and full of tears. “Kagome…” she whispered as she took a step towards the miko. “Are we right in what we think? Is that really you?” a tear rolled down her cheek.
 
Kagome nodded, allowing her own tears to roll down over her cheeks. “Yeah…Sango, its me…I-I'm back…”
 
Sango closed her eyes tightly and launched herself into Kagome, wrapping her arms around her. “I can't believe your back…” she sobbed. “I though I'd n-never see you again!”
 
“I'm so sorry…I'm so sorry for leaving…” Kagome cried.
 
Shippo stood by watching, he couldn't believe it. “Kagome…”
 
Kagome looked over at Shippo and sniffed. “Yeah, Shippo?”
 
He hugged Kagome tightly. “I'm so glad your back.”
 
“Come on, come into our hut. We have to catch up!” Miroku said as he fought back his own tears. “Lots must have happened to you over the past ten years. Come on.”
 
Kagome nodded and took Sango's hand as she was led to their hut. This seemed so natural, being with her old friends again. It seemed like this is what she should have been doing over the past ten years…
 
~*~*~
 
“Naraku was destroyed shortly after you left.” Sango said as she tucked Mika in bed, she looked back at Kagome whom was sat between Miroku and Shippo near the small fire pit located in the middle of the hut. “Kanna was destroyed as well, she took her own life. Kagura on the other hand…she disappeared along with Sesshomaru. We haven't seen them in years.”
 
“Kikyo was also destroyed.” Miroku explained. “She tried to destroy the well, but never succeeded. Inuyasha caught her, and still hell bent on the thought that you would try to come back to him someday…he killed her.” He sighed. “The day you left wasn't supposed to turn out like it did. Inuyasha was saying goodbye to Kikyo…whatever you heard before was not how things turned out.”
 
Kagome blinked. “Nani?”
 
“It's true Kagome,” Shippo said. “He had chosen you.”
 
“I guess there's nothing we can do about that now.” Kagome said. “Where is he now?”
 
“Somewhere in the forest,” Sango said as she joined them near the fire. “He shows up every now and then. But we rarely see him anymore.” She sighed. “He had the Shikon no Tama in his possession… what we could gather of it.” She looked Kagome in the eyes. “There is only one shard missing. The only way you could get here you must have it.”
 
Kagome took out the shard and held it up. “…it was in my bag…I hadn't realized it was still there. If I had I would have returned it earlier…”
 
“You mean your only here to return the shard?” Sango asked, sounding very disappointed. “But Kagome…”
 
“I have a life in my time now…” Kagome said as she put the shard away. “I can't stay here.”
 
“I understand.” Sango said. “But you will be gracing us with your presents for awhile, ne?”
 
Kagome nodded and smiled. “Yes, for a couple of days at the most.”
 
“That's great…I hope by the time you decide to go back home we are able to convince you to stay with us.” Miroku said.
 
“I doubt that will be happening…like I said I have a life in my time. I can't just abandon it.” Kagome said with a small sigh. Or could she? No. She made a promise to herself that she would NOT under and circumstances allow herself to want to stay in the feudal era, she couldn't just forget about Hojo all over again like she did when she was sixteen.
 
“I still don't see how I couldn't get your sent…” Shippo groaned. “I should have known who you were right away!”
 
“You had more things on your mind that trying to get her scent, Shippo.” Sango said with a small smile. “Don't worry about it…all the great youkai out there slipup in some way shape or form at one point in their lives.”
 
Shippo pouted, he still had that cute little pout he always had, which made Kagome smile.
 
Sango laughed. “So Kagome, would you like to go for a little walk in the forest? I know you always enjoyed it before.”
 
“Yeah…but if you don't mind…I'd like to go on my own.” Kagome smiled.
 
“I understand. When will you be back?” Sango asked.
 
“Who knows…” Kagome laughed a bit as she stood up. “Not long. It's only going to be a short walk.”
 
As she left the hut a small feeling of relief swept over her, it was nights like this she missed. She had always secretly crept out during the nights she spent in the feudal era to take long walks in the forest just to clear her head. `I'll need a whole lot of walking to clear what's dancing through my mind.' She thought as she entered the darkness of the forest.
 
So, after ten years she was back. That was all well and good; Naraku was destroyed, that was even better! Kagura running off with Sesshomaru…that wasn't something she would have saw coming but she could live with it. But was she really wrong about Inuyasha all these years?
 
`Did he really end it with Kikyo that night?' Kagome thought, she kept walking into the darkness of the forest. `I can't go soft on him now! I never even saw him yet…maybe I'll be lucky and I won't have to see him…maybe while I'm here he won't show up!' she sighed. `Why am I lying to myself? I don't really want that…I was in love with him for the past ten years and I've been lying to myself the whole time. But its too late, I'm with Hojo now…HOJO…not Inuyasha.'
 
Kagome paused, the jewel…it was moving at her at lightning speed. She couldn't get a grasp of what direction it was coming…but it was there, moving fast. At the time she became a little scared, what if Inuyasha had used just that part of the jewel without the shard she had to try and make himself a full-fledged youkai, what if it backfired? Random bad thoughts ran through her head as she spun around in circles, trying to find where the jewel was coming from.
 
But she was hit, whatever was coming towards her had grabbed her shoulders and pushed her up against a tree. Her eyes were closed; she hadn't felt so scared in a very long time. `This is it…' she thought. `I'm dead now for sure…' she awaited the final blow, but it never came. Dare she open her eyes? Maybe it wasn't even Inuyasha!
 
She head whoever it was sniff her, and she slowly opened her eyes. She found herself staring into two familiar golden orbs. Her heart nearly stopped; this was it, the moment she dreaded…she was face to face with Inuyasha…what will he say to her? She rambled on in her mind and suddenly froze as the hanyou's fingers traced her cheek.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Kaori: :o I have to stop doing this…I'm making you guys suffer out too many cliffys! Sorry!