InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Two Hearts-Two Beings-One Love ❯ Years of Longing & the New Kaguya ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kaori: Ok, in order to understand the whole aspect of the mentioning of the locket in this chapter, you would have had to seen the second Inuyasha Move the Castle Beyond the Looking Glass. Also, you won't be able to understand who Kaguya was either unless you have seen the movie. Just a warning!
 
Two Hearts-Two Beings-One Love
Chapter 4 {Years of Longing & the New Kaguya}
 
 
Kagome put her hands on the hanyou's chest and lightly tried to push him away, but he wouldn't move, he stood still and just stared into her face. By this time Kagome had become a nervous wreck, why hadn't he said anything yet?! What was he waiting for? The miko soon found that she was mentally praying for her life…no reason; she was just terrified by the hanyou's silence. `Well if he's not going to speak…I'm going to have to! But what the hell will I say!?'
 
From what she was told by Sango and Miroku there was probably nothing she could say that was bound to be any good…for the simple fact that she had made him wait for her for ten years. “Inu…”
 
“You came back.” Inuyasha cut her off at the last second; his voice had no tone, no emotion. Kagome couldn't tell if he was happy to see her or not.
 
Kagome nodded, realizing the hanyou's hand was still on her cheek. `Why is he touching me like that?' she thought, her stomach twisting around inside of her. She looked him in the eyes. `What is he thinking?' “Yes…I'm back.”
 
“That means you have the last shard?”
 
Kagome froze. THE SHARD?! The first time she saw him in ten years and he's asking her about the shard? Obviously the hanyou's hidden intentions hadn't changed. “Yes I have the shard.” Kagome snapped at him.
 
Inuyasha moved his hand down from Kagome's face and to her shoulder. “Give it to me…”
 
“No.” Kagome said as she finally pushed the hanyou away. By this time she had moved from totally terrified to utterly outraged! “I've come back after ten years and the only thing you can think about is the shard I have!? BAKA!” Kagome became more flustered when she noticed Inuyasha was smiling. “What are you smiling about?”
 
Inuyasha took her hand. “I had to make sure my senses hadn't gone bad…I hadn't had your sent dried to my nose in years…I had to make sure it wasn't playing tricks on me.”
 
Kagome's eyes narrowed. “So you made me angry just to get me to yell at you!” it hit her. “You could only know for sure if it was me if I yelled at you!?”
 
Inuyasha looked pleased with himself. “Is there a problem with that?”
 
Kagome ripped her hand away from Inuyasha's and flung her arms in the air. “What the hell?! You were impossible when I left and you're STILL impossible!” her teeth gritted together, she was royally pissed off with the hanyou by this time. “Osu-”
 
Inuyasha clapped his hand around Kagome's mouth. “Hush with that! No way are you going to sit me. Not right yet. I haven't seen you in ten years…so while you're around I don't want to have my face constantly buried in the dirt.” He took his hand away from the miko's mouth and smiled. “Alright?”
 
Kagome's teeth gritted together, but her face soon softened. The look on Inuyasha's face was one she had missed, it was the rare calm and happy expression that he made all the more wonderful to look at by backing it up with his small grin. “Oh Inuyasha…” she turned her face towards the ground, she had to be serious.
 
“What? What's the matter now?” Inuyasha's ears twitched slightly.
 
“You have no idea how long I've been longing for the day that I'd get to come back here. Secretly I didn't want to leave. But I knew once I passed through the well that I would never be able to get back because I thought that I left all my shards here.” She sighed. “If I had known I had that shard I would have been here way before now…”
 
“I bet.” Inuyasha raised his eyebrow. “Kagome you were serious on not wanting to come back here anymore, I saw it in your eyes as you threw the shards at me. So you can go ahead and lie to yourself but don't throw any of the bullshit at me.”
 
“If I was seriously thinking that I truly never wanted to come back when I discovered that I had one of the shards I would have only been back long enough to toss the shard in the trees and jump back into the well and go back to my time!” Kagome yelled at him. “You have no idea how many times I was after jumping back into that well over the years before I moved away from home, trying to get back to yo-trying to get back here!” her hands tightened into fists, she was really pissed off at how little the hanyou knew, and how much he thought he knew.
 
“Well you're wasting your time standing around here, why don't you just go back! Hand over the shard and leave again! You seem to be good at doing that!” Inuyasha burst at her.
 
Kagome grabbed Inuyasha by the collar. “Are you telling me what to do? You have no right to! I came back because I missed you! I wanted…no...I needed to see you again! And if we are going to spend all the time I'm here fighting then I can live with that just as long as I get to see you!” she felt something hard under Inuyasha's collar.
 
Kagome flicked her fingers under his collar and hooked out the object, it was the locket she had given him, still in good shape and on the same string. “What the-.” She opened it, the two pictures, one of her and one of Inuyasha, were still inside. “You kept this?” she looked him in the eyes.
 
“You said that it helped grant wishes a lot better than the sacred jewel.” Inuyasha said calmly. “I wished on it everyday…wished for you to come back here.”
 
Kagome stepped back from the hanyou, her fingertips on her lips. Was he serious?
 
*- - -*
 
An old tree stood alone in the middle of a forest, dead it seemed to be, for its flowered never bloomed, and its branches never extended into the sky. The voice inside the tree tells a different tale, though it is still of death, it is also of a new life…a new world; a new evil.
 
My mother Kaguya, the woman whose soul I am made up of, died long ago at the hands of that wretched miko girl and her gang of fiendish friends. I have my mother's memories of the happenings, and I see her fancy with the miko named Kagome. Her body has powers that exceed any normal miko, but the aura of her powers lay silent for ten years. Disappearing into the night as the sun does when the moon is ready to cast its glorious light upon the darkened earth!
 
But now I can sense that she had returned from wherever she had disappeared from. I shall return to the world from this tree and find her, take her body, and fulfill my mother's dreams of plummeting the world into eternal darkness. With the miko's body, I will be unstoppable. And maybe, just maybe, I can get that baka hanyou to join me, something my mother failed in. I vow, as I take my mothers name as my own, I, Kaguya, shall rule.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Kaori: Ahh…sorry for the long wait! But I'm full of ideas again! More coming soon!