InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Two Hearts-Two Beings-One Love ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Two Hearts-Two Beings-One Love
Chapter 5
 
 
Kagome used her pocketknife to peel back the thick brown peel of the potato she held steadily in her hand; after her and Inuyasha's rocky meeting she had returned back to Sango's and Miroku's hut to help Sango prepare that nights supper while Miroku took Mika out into the field to play. Her eyes lifted up to Sango, whom was stirring the soup she had set over the fire. She looked so happy, which made Kagome warm inside. She knew that the youkai slayer and the monk would eventually end up together; she just wished she was around to see it all happen.
 
“I've missed a lot over the years,” Kagome said with a heavy sigh. “I feel so terrible. You know…I would have really liked to see Shippo grow up, to be around when you and Miroku got together…to be here for Inuyasha.” She put the half peeled potato down on her lap.
 
“Are you alright?” Sango asked, she looked up from the soup.
 
A tear rolled down Kagome's cheek. “He still wears the locket I gave him, he really did wait all these years…and I'm here…and…and I can't…I can't be with him now…its impossible.”
 
“How is it impossible? It can work out.” Sango sat next to Kagome and put her hand on her knee.
 
“No, you don't understand…” Kagome sobbed. “Sango I'm engaged.”
 
Sango's eyes widened. “Nani? To who?”
 
“Hojo, he was kind of my high school sweetheart.” Kagome looked towards Sango; her lip trembled as she tried to prevent another sob from escaping her lips.
 
“Oh, I remember you telling my about him before.” Sango sighed. “Do you love him?”
 
“Sango…” Kagome sniffed. “Why do you ask that?”
 
“Because you are so upset about not being able to be with Inuyasha because you are engaged to Hojo…so I must ask, do you love the boy from your time? Are you engaged to him because you love him? Or is there another reason?”
 
Kagome snapped out of her saddened state. “Of course I am! I wouldn't be engaged to him if I wasn't? How dare you ask me that question?”
 
Sango giggled. “I think otherwise, it's in your voice, in your tears. You'll realize it soon I'm sure.” With that the youkai slayer returned to her soup.
 
`I already have that realized, Sango.' Kagome thought. `I know what I want, I know what my heart desires, but I can't go for it…I have a life in my time, I can't just leave it to come here…' she picked up the potato and started to peel it again. `Although it's what I really want to do.'
 
“We have fish!” Shippo paraded into the hut in front of Inuyasha holding a long stick with five fish strung to it.
 
Kagome laughed. “Wow, Shippo! They look lovely! Want me to fry them up for you?”
 
“Yeah!” Shippo nodded. “Come on, we can make the fire outside!”
 
Kagome laughed and nodded, she then looked at Inuyasha, whose golden eyes were locked on her. “Are you going to help us, Inuyasha?”
 
“I helped catch the damn things and now I got to help cook `em too?” Inuyasha snarled under his breath.
 
“It was only a question, why are you being so grouchy?!” Kagome asked as she took the fish from Shippo and stood up. “If you didn't want to help all you had to say was no, you didn't have to complain!” she shoved her way past the hanyou and out of the hut.
 
“What the hell is your problem all of a sudden?!” Inuyasha yelled as he chased her out of the hut.
 
“Inuyasha I have no time for your bullshit, other help me or not. I don't want to fight with you.” Kagome snapped as she knelt down in front of the small fire that was going outside the hut. “If all you want to do is fight with me then leave and cool down for a bit. I want no part in this right now.”
 
Inuyasha stood and watched Kagome laid the fish across the hot coals, he gave up and knelt next to her. “Here, let me help then.” He took a couple of the fish and laid them on the coals. “You know, a little trick for a good taste on these things, is to put some of these leaves on it while it cooks.” He took out some leaves from his kimono sleeve and crushed them up over the fish. “Kaede showed me.”
 
Kagome sighed, she had a glimpse of old Kaede's grave as she was heading back to the village but hadn't dared to near it, too much sadness hung over the grave and she wasn't ready to face it just yet. She smiled at Inuyasha. “Thank you.”
 
“Don't mention it.” Inuyasha smiled back at her.
 
“Why don't they just go for it?” Shippo asked as he watched the two from inside the hut. “They are perfect for each other.”
 
“Kagome has to sort out some things first, Shippo.” Sango said. “Don't worry; I'm sure things will work out.”
 
*- - - -*
 
`I need to find a body…' Kaguya said to herself as she, a small black mist, floated towards a small village. `My spells will have no effect on anyone or anything unless I find a good suited body.'
 
As she floated through the village she spotted a rather tall woman with long black hair wearing an orange and yellow checkered kimono, she was accompanied by a tall man with long white hair who was wearing a beautiful white kimono, and a small rodent lizard type thing. `She's perfect. So young…so innocent…I'll be taking all that away from her.'
 
She floated up to the girl and as she breathed in, Kaguya was sucked into her body. The girl stiffened, and her eyes turned a coal black and a vicious cry escaped her lips; the man that was with her turned and stared in horror. “Rin, what's wrong?” his eyes narrowed, he sensed the presence of Kaguya.
 
“Sesshomaru-sama, what's wrong with her?” The small imp asked, his voice cracking and squeaking in a shrill scream.
 
“Something has possessed her.” Sesshomaru snarled as he took out his sword, Tokijin. “Youkai get out of her body!” he threatened.
 
“What are you going to do?” a voice that was not Rin's came from the young girls mouth. “You intend to slay me? If you slay this body I will only escape and this, Rin, will be no longer existent. I see that you posses Tensaiga…I've heard about that sword…it can bring people back from the dead…but trust me…you shall not bring the girl back. My powers are much more powerful than anything you can possess.”
 
Sesshomaru's eyes narrowed as he put Tokijin away. “Wench, let her go.”
 
Kaguya floated in the air. “I shall…once I find the miko Kagome. Maybe you can be of some assistance.” She laughed and flew higher. “You can find me near the dead youkai tree, if you want Rin back…get me the miko. Your help will be greatly appreciated.” She then disappeared.
 
Among the cries of the villagers that had witnessed the horrible scene, Sesshomaru stood silent to the world, watching at the girl he had taken care of for all those years slip away from him so easily. “Jaken,” he spoke to the imp without looking at him. “We are going to have to pay my little brother a little visit.”
 
{Kaori: …I wanna go on..so I'm gonna! I shouldn't stop here I'm on a role. Tell me, surprised that it was Rin she took possession of? Aha ^-^}
 
The night of a new moon, something Kagome hadn't been expecting to see the first night she was back in the feudal era. Her eyes moved over at Inuyasha, who was sitting under a tree in all his mortal glory. Her eyes scanned his long black hair and his plain dark eyes, she secretly hated to see him human, he seems so helpless to her, and he definitely wasn't the same Inuyasha. He had his good moments when he was a hanyou, but when the time came for him to be human he was always grouchy.
 
The miko sighed and stood up, she walked over to Inuyasha and sat next to him, the fact that he hadn't spoke sense the sun went down made her worry a little. “Are you alright, Inuyasha?” she studied his face as he turned his head to look at her.
 
“Yeah, I'm fine.” He looked back up to the sky. “I just hate this time of the month.”
 
“I know…actually I'm sorry that you have to suffer through it.” She smiled and took out her jewel shard. “I have a question for you…have anything really changed? I mean, do you still wish to be a full youkai?”
 
Inuyasha looked at her shard, and then looked the miko in the eyes. “Why? You plan on giving me that shard?”
 
“It crossed me mind sense you have the rest of the jewel. I'll be going back home in a couple days, so I was thinking about leaving the shard here…so the jewel can become whole again.” She pinched the shard between her fingers and sighed. “But I don't want to if you still plan on becoming a full youkai…”
 
“Why should you care? You're going to be back in your time. What is it to you if I become a full youkai? You won't be here.” Inuyasha snapped at her.
 
“Because I don't want you to make the biggest mistake of your life! What's so wrong with that?” Kagome yelled, she tucked her shard in the belt of her kimono as she kneeled herself in front of Inuyasha and leaned towards him on her hands. “You will kill everyone around you and end up killing yourself in the end! I don't want to live the rest of my life knowing that I provided the final piece of your demise!”
 
Kagome was trembling; she couldn't keep it inside her, just thinking about the hanyou getting him self killed because of her. “I am terrified for you Inuyasha. Can't you see that how I feel for you haven't changed? Why do you act as if I abandoned you, when clearly seen by all that I had to go? You know that yourself, Inuyasha. I still l-.” she couldn't finish the sentence, its not that she didn't want to, Inuyasha's fingers pressing on her lips made her stop in her place.
 
She felt her cheeks heating up as Inuyasha took her arms and hauled her towards him; he slowly wrapped his arms around her and let her lie against his chest. “You don't have to say anymore, Kagome.” He grabbed the back of her kimono in his fist and pressed his forehead into Kagome's hair.
 
“Inuyasha…”
 
“Shh.” Inuyasha cooed. “Listen, this is what I should have done when I first saw you earlier today…I'm so sorry.”