InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Two Hearts-Two Beings-One Love ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Two Hearts-Two Beings-One Love
Chapter 6
 
 
“Finally, a body well worth using…for the time being anyway,” Kaguya cracked her knuckles as she approached the dead youkai tree. “Its hard to control this teenager's body, her soul still lives in it along with mine. But I guess I have to keep her alive in order to get that youkai Sesshomaru to snatch me that miko, Kagome.”
 
She laughed and touched the bark of the dead tree, at her touch carvings and scriptures appeared in the bark of the tree and started to glow gold. “I am so ready for this. I have evolved my mother powers over the years; I no longer need her stupid little mirror tricks.” She smirked. “And I have more abilities than my mother had as well; her mirror helped her see a persons deepest and darkest desires, I also have the ability to do that and to see they're deepest and darkest secrets. I have a feeling I can use that to my advantage, and have fun all at the same time.”
 
She opened her arms and closed her eyes. “Do-co del-acon, fre-hav mor-ta-mo.” A dome shield eight miles in diameter appeared around the area the dead youkai tree was in. “Just to protect against those I do not want entering…”
 
*- - - - -*
 
“Sesshomaru, what are you going to do?” Kagura asked the youkai lord as she chased him through the forest. “The girl had returned to wherever the hell she came from years ago! She isn't here anymore!”
 
“She is…Kaguya wouldn't want her if she knew she wasn't here. My brother's wench must have come back.” Sesshomaru shouted back to the wind sorceress. `She better be back, I can't allow that woman to take Rin away…'
 
`Kaguya was killed.' Kagura thought with a frown as she ran. `How can she be back? From what I heard the monk sucked her up in his wind tunnel. How she managed to come back is beyond me.' She then gasped; the realization of the rumors might have been true. `Maybe her soul did escape once the wind tunnel was destroyed; maybe she did form a new being like what I have heard. If she did this is going to be more extreme than what Sesshomaru thinks it is…'
 
*- - -*
 
“My heart stopped beating, I swear, it was beating so fast that it out-beat itself and stopped.” Kagome blushed at the thought of the night before as she explained it all to Sango. “But it seemed so right, Sango. We were like that for the rest of the night. I should be with him like that all the time! I can't take this anymore, it's too hard.”
 
“Well dump Hojo! It's what you know you want to do, so why don't you do it, Kagome?” Sango leaned forward. “Come on, Kagome.”
 
Kagome shook her head and closed her eyes tight. “I can't, I can't. I can't it won't work, Sango. I don't belong in this time; this isn't where I'm meant to be.”
 
“How dare you say that?” Sango protested. “Kagome if you weren't meant to be here you would have never found that other shard, this is fate! Finding that shard was a sure sign that you belong here, it is giving you a second chance to come home.”
 
“Home?” Kagome's eyes welled with tears; she remembered the last time she had called the feudal era home, it was the day she had left it for good. “Sango…this isn't my home.”
 
“It is, Kagome.” Sango said in a soft voice. “Tell me, where do you feel safer? Here in the feudal era with your friends, with Inuyasha, or back in your time in the empty house waiting for your fiancée to return to you? From what you told me Kagome I can tell that Hojo is never around with you, if anything were to happen he'd probably be the last one to find out about it.”
 
Kagome listened to Sango's words, her heart breaking with every breath she took, she knew it was all true…she knew.
 
“He is never there to protect you, he's out posing for other women to feast their eyes on in that magic box you told us about.” Sango continued her rant. “Inuyasha is here, he will always be here. He always put you first before anything else, and he still will. He killed the woman he used to love before she could destroy your way back to this time, he would have rather see her die than to have no chance to ever see you again. So that's what happened.”
 
Kagome allowed her tears to flow freely down over her cheeks. “Your right Sango, dammit your right. I can't believe I haven't realized it before.” She shook her head. “No, I realized it; I just haven't allowed myself to believe it.” She stood up. “I…I have to go find Inuyasha.”
 
“Go for it, Kagome!” Sango smiled. “You're doing the right thing.”
 
“Yeah.” Kagome smiled, but before she could leave the whole hut started to shake. The door blew open and large gust of powerful warm wind cut through the hut, ripping the roof and walls of the hut up and blowing it into the sky.
 
“What's going on!?” Sango shouted as she stumbled to her feet, trying not to get blown away herself.
 
“There's your answer.” Kagome looked forward, Kagura and Sesshomaru stood before them. “This looks bad.”
 
The wind died down as Sesshomaru started walking towards the two women. “Kagome, you've changed over the years. It's nice to see that you are back with us once again.”
 
“What do you want, Sesshomaru?” Kagome's eyes narrowed as she took out the training sword she had attached to the waistband of her kimono. “What's the big idea destroying Sango's and Miroku's hut!? Where the hell are they going to live now?”
 
“That is none of my concern,” Sesshomaru wove his hand for Kagura to join him. “What is my concern though is why this Kaguya wench has taken Rin away from me, she needs you, and so she'll get you.” He looked at Kagura. “Capture her using your wind.”
 
“Kaguya?” Sango's face fell. “It can't be she's dead!”
 
Kagome felt herself tremble, she couldn't believe it. It couldn't have been Kaguya, she watched Miroku suck her up with her own eyes. There must have been some mistake. But before she could question Sesshomaru further she found herself caught in a vortex of wind and dust. The dust stung her eyes and scraped her throat as she tried to breathe in, she was suffocating. “SANGO! GET INUYASHA! Please!!” she knew she wasn't getting out of this as she felt her feet rise off the ground.
 
“Let's go.” Kagura said to Sesshomaru. “She's not getting away now.”
 
“NO! You leave her alone!” Sango ran towards Sesshomaru as fast as she could.
 
Sesshomaru picked Sango up by the shoulders and dug his claws in her flesh. “What were you planning on doing without a weapon, wench? Don't mess with me, I won't kill you now…but try to interfere again and I will tear you to shreds!” he tossed Sango into the rubble that was once her house and walked away with Kagura behind him, controlling the swirling wind that had consumed Kagome.
 
Sango watched them leave, she couldn't stop them; she had stopped her training the day they had killed Naraku. “…Inuyasha is not going to be very pleased with me after this.” She held her ribs as she forced herself to sit up.
 
`Kaguya,' she thought. `She died years ago, how can she be back…unless the legend was true about he dead youkai tree…maybe her spawn did reside inside the tree like people were saying.' She sighed and let tears roll down over her cheeks. “I can't believe we were so foolish to toss aside such rumors.”
 
“Sango! Sango!” Miroku came running towards the destroyed hut with Shippo, Mika, and Inuyasha following right behind. The monk knelt next to his wife and hugged her tight, “my darling Sango what happened here? You are not hurt are you?”
 
Sango sobbed loudly into Miroku's kimono. “They took her! They took her to her, she's gone…she's gone!”
 
“Sango calm down,” Miroku cooed as he looked Sango in the face. “Talk slowly, please.”
 
Sango took a breath. “Sesshomaru and Kagura came; they said that Kaguya has taken that girl Rin, more than likely to use her body. They took Kagome with them; Kaguya must want Kagome body for her miko powers.”
 
“What?” Inuyasha almost exploded; he cracked his knuckles as he tightened his fists at his sides. “Kaguya has managed to come back?”
 
“No, the legend about the dead youkai tree is true.” Sango sighed. “Kaguya's daughter has sprung from the tree. She's after Kagome's body, but has to put up with Rin's for the time being.”
 
Inuyasha closed his eyes; he had been hoping that everything would be okay now that Kagome had returned. After spending the night with her curled up in the forest he was going to ask her to stay with him, forever. He was finally going to ask her to be his mate, after all these years, but now things had become clear to him; the feudal era was not a safe place for Kagome, she would always be in danger while she was with him, there was no way things could work out.
 
He opened his eyes and looked at his friends. “I'm going to go save her, and then I'm sending her back to her own time…for good.”
 
“But Inuyasha what about your plans for tonight?” Miroku asked; he had been pleased when Inuyasha had told him about what he had planned to say to Kagome. “What about asking her to be your mate?”
 
“She will be in too much danger Miroku.” Inuyasha snapped. “She cannot stay in this time; she will always be in danger here with me…so we can never be together.”