InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Two Hearts-Two Beings-One Love ❯ Chapter 7

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kaori: …some of the chapters from here on are going to be kind of sad…I've been depressed lately and my mood reflects in my writing…I am SO SORRY!
 
Two Hearts-Two Beings-One Love
Chapter 7
 
 
Kaguya did a slow back flip away from the youkai tree; she smirked and examined the legs of the body she had taken over. `So youthful…so free.' She thought as she flicked Rin's hair back. `I love this…this body is so perfect. It's just lacking the miko powers that I am looking for.'
 
“We have her.”
 
Kaguya straightened up and looked back at Sesshomaru and Kagura; she smirked as her eyes landed on Kagome, whom was now being held on by the youkai lord. “Thank you, Sesshomaru-sama. I am truly happy and pleased with your cooperation, but there has been a recent change in plans.”
 
“Nani?” Sesshomaru growled. “What are you jabbering on about, Kaguya?”
 
“I mean…just look at this girl's body.” Kaguya spun around. “It's so active and young, I love it. So I'm keeping it, the miko's life force will be what I'm taking, her life force comes complete with all of her miko powers, which is what I am really looking for.”
 
Kagome looked at Kaguya in fear, poor Rin. “No! Please, Kaguya! Don't! She's only young! Please don't do this to her!”
 
Sesshomaru looked at Kagome, his eye danced along her features, she was protecting Rin; he couldn't have felt more grateful; he then turned his eyes back to Kaguya. “If you will not give Rin back willingly I will take her by force,” he stretched his one arm out in front of Kagome. “And the deal is off; you will not be touching the miko.”
 
Kaguya sighed. “Now this is where you and I differ, Sesshomaru. The deal, as far as I can see, is still on…only you get nothing in return…and I get everything.” She held up her hand. “Da-lere kado-da. Cuse meree savo-la!” an orb of purple light flew from her hand and wrapped itself around Sesshomaru and Kagura, the two flickered and disappeared.
 
Kagome flinched. “What did you do to them?” she asked as she fought to keep standing.
 
“They're gone, that's all you need to know.” Kaguya held out her other hand and hauled Kagome towards her using an invisible force. “I think I'll keep you alive awhile longer, just to lure Inuyasha here…”
 
Kagome's eyes trembled. “What are you going to do to him?”
 
“What my mother couldn't.” Kaguya smirked. “Inuyasha will be mine, and he will rule under my command as a full fledged youkai.”
 
“Don't you dare!” Kagome tried to escape the force that had her held still, but she couldn't escape it. Fear had beaten its way through her system; she was going to relive this nightmare all over again? She couldn't believe it, but something was telling her that this wasn't going to work out as it had all those years ago. `Something is going to happen, I can see it…this girl…she has a stronger aura than her mother had, she maybe more powerful than the other Kaguya…and if she is, we are in for it.'
 
“You cannot stop me,” she directed the force to press Kagome's back up against the youkai tree. Kagome melted into the tree, her legs and arms had become part of the trees bark. “All you can do is sit by and watch me…” she laughed and started to disappear. “I will stay in hiding until the hanyou shows…then I will make me appearance…and it will all be over for you.”
 
Kagome watched Kaguya disappear, tears streaming down her face. “No, no, no!” she strained herself forward and tried to break free from the trees bark, but it was no good, she couldn't move. “No! Please! Don't do this!” long sobs escaped Kagome's mouth as she struggled to free herself.
 
“I'm never going to get to tell him…” she sobbed. “He will never know how I feel, I will never get to spend the rest of my life in his arms!” at that time nothing seemed to matter anymore, nothing seemed to be real to her either.
 
`I love you Inuyasha…' the miko thought as she allowed her body to go limp against the tree. `Please…don't come looking for me…' who was she kidding? She knew the hanyou would come looking, he always did…she just hoped he wouldn't try to be the lone hero and try to keep the others from following like he usually did.
 
*- - -*
 
“I still don't think it was a good idea to leave Mika with Shippo…” Sango said to Miroku, whom was sitting behind her on Kirara.
 
“The kid is responsible, Sango. Don't worry about it.” Miroku reassured his wife. “They will be fine, I trust Shippo.”
 
“I suppose,” Sango sighed looked at Inuyasha who was running beside them. “Are we going to find allies, Inuyasha? We shouldn't go in on this by ourselves.”
 
“Like hell, the only allies we have are the wolf tribe, and I'm not getting Koga in on this.” Inuyasha snarled. “From what I hear he is still without a mate, so if he finds out that Kagome is around he will jump to it and will try to make her his again.”
 
“Inuyasha you shouldn't be worrying about that now! Saving Kagome is all that should matter, and if that means that we have to get Koga then that's what we're going to do!” Sango said. “Kirara, head to the wolf pack, and hurry!”
 
Inuyasha watched as the tree steered away from him, he grumbled as he started to chase them. `Why Koga? The last thing I need is that mangy wolf hanging around trying to ruin my chances with Kagome! Don't get me wrong I want to save Kagome, and I know that we can't do it by ourselves…but all this is going to be is a battle for her heart, nothing more.'
 
As they neared the wolf pack Inuyasha grew more angered, he stopped running and watched as Sango, Miroku, and Kirara ran on. “I don't need to go with them, I know where the youkai tree is and I can go there myself!” he cracked his knuckles as he started to run the other way. “I'll save Kagome myself; I don't need any help from that damn wolf pack!”
 
Another thought came to the hanyou, as soon as he saves Kagome is going to have to send her back through the well. He had made up his mind that the feudal era was always going to be too dangerous for Kagome to stay there. Inuyasha's heart ached, he hated the fact that he could never be with her. `I can't even make it clear to her that I love her, if I do…she won't allow me to send her back I bet.' He shook his head. `I guess this feeling is better off not being known.'
 
Inuyasha's eyes narrowed as he spotted Kaguya's energy shield. “I'm here, Kagome hold on that witch isn't going to harm you ever again!”
 
*- - -*
 
“Why should I help you?” Koga asked Sango, he fumed with a bone that he had picked up off the cave floor. “This has nothing to do with me; this friend of yours shouldn't have fooled around with this Kaguya girl's mother. Whatever she gets she deserves it.”
 
“Koga please! You don't understand…”
 
Koga picked Sango up by her collar. “No, you don't understand! I have better things to do than to help you and that stupid mutt-.” His eyes widened as he caught a whiff of Kagome's sent off the youkai slayer. He dropped Sango to the ground and eyed Miroku. “Your friend…” he snarled. “You didn't mention it was Kagome.”
 
Miroku was speechless; he had no response to Koga's statement.
 
“I can't believe after ten years that stupid hanyou still can't take care of her! You'd think that if he was as in love with her as he says he is he would never allow her to get caught!” Koga growled. “Never leave a hanyou to do a job too big for its being. Fine I'll go with you to the youkai tree…I'd do anything for Kagome.”
 
*- - -{HEY! Why Don't We Have A Look At How Riana Is Doing, Ne?}- - -*
 
 
“Hojo! What are you doing here?” Riana's heart skipped multiple beats as she watched the movie star walk into the shrine. “Kagome never told me you were supposed to show up!”
 
Hojo looked around before his eyes landed on Riana. “I'm here to surprise her…where is she?”
 
Riana sweat-dropped and paled, she wasn't prepared for this at all. “Um, she's…um.” She snapped her fingers. “Aha! She's gone into town, she said she was going to see some friends and pick up some food! Yeah…food!”
 
“Damn, do you have any idea how long she will be? I mean, I don't really want to wait around here all day.” Hojo said as he looked at his watch. “I have a photo shoot for my movie cover in an hour.”
 
Riana's left eye twitched. She suddenly realized how `perfectly perfect' Mr. Hojo really was. “Maybe you should go out for an hour, go to your photo shook, and see some sights; I doubt Kagome will be back for a while.” `You prissy little girl.'
 
“I guess your right; I'll see you later on then, Riana.” Hojo said as he left once again.
 
Riana sighed and sat down in her chair, she ran her fingers back through her hair and looked out the door at the well house. `Hurry up and come back, Kagome. I can't come up with anymore lies to tell your prissy girly girl of a fiancée anymore without killing him.'
 
*- - - -*
 
“I have a new plan.” Kaguya said as she reappeared in front of Kagome. “In a few moments the hanyou will be here, and sense I cannot take your life force without killing you I will get him to do the job for me.”
 
“Nani?” Kagome's eyes opened in fear. “What are you going to do?!”
 
“Well, I do not want to be seen as the murderer here, so I have thought up a wonderful plan!” Kaguya laughed. “The hanyou has developed a strange yet wonderful hate towards that dead miko, Kikyo…if he comes here and instead seeing you pinned to this tree, sees her trying to block his way to you, he will run her through…or…run you through without knowing.” She smirked. “Then all your life force will flow from your body and I will capture it and make it apart of me!”
 
“Kikyo is already dead; he already slaughtered her years ago!” Kagome stated as tears started to form in her eyes.
 
“Yes, but she had been dead before then as well and had been brought back to life. So why can't it be done again? The hanyou will fall for it.” Kaguya laughed once again, and then said the spell. She opened her eyes after chanting the spell and started to disappear again. “After seeing that he had killed you instead of Kikyo he will fall into a pit of despair and sadness, which will make him easier to tame into a full youkai.”
 
“NO!” Kagome screamed as she tried to break free of her imprisonment. “NO! NO! NOOOO!!”