InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Two Hearts-Two Beings-One Love ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Two Hearts-Two Beings-One Love
Chapter 8
 
 
Inuyasha stopped in front of the shield, Tetsusaiga in his hands. “How am I going to break trough this thing?” his golden eyes widened as the shield lowered. His ears twitched and he glanced around, he was expected. `I don't like the look of this, it's too easy.'
 
The hanyou pressed on anyway, he couldn't risk Kagome's life for another second, but it was still too easy, there was something waiting for him, he could sense it. `She better not have hurt Kagome…' his eyes narrowed as he saw the top of the youkai tree come into view, he started to run. “Kagome!”
 
“NANI!?” Inuyasha skidded to a stop, he blinked a couple times. Was he dreaming? “Kikyo?” the Tetsusaiga crashed to the ground. “Kikyo, you're still alive?”
 
Kagome watched as Inuyasha stared at her in bewilderment and wonder, she started to tremble, he really did see her as Kikyo…Kaguya's spell worked. “Inuyasha! It's me! Kagome! Please see me for who I really am! Look past the spell, please!”
 
“You will never find Kagome here, Inuyasha.” Kikyo spoke to the hanyou slowly. “I will not allow it.”
 
“Your dead, how can you be here?” Inuyasha picked Tetsusaiga up again. “Whatever; let me pass Kikyo! You cannot keep me from her! Now move or I will move you!”
 
“I can't let you do that, you owe me your life Inuyasha. I plan on taking it now.” Kikyo smirked at the hanyou evilly.
 
“I know you're not alive, I know your not here!” Inuyasha rose the Tetsusaiga up and pointed it at the miko. “You must be an illusion made by Kaguya. So if I run you through you will disappear!”
 
“NO, INUYASHA!” Kagome screamed. “Don't do it, please!” tears ran down over Kagome's face as she watched the hanyou run towards her, his sword ready. “Inuyasha…”
 
As Inuyasha neared Kikyo, the Tetsusaiga started to get smaller, it was transforming back. “What the hell?” he kept running, and when he was about to run the miko through Kagome's voice rang through his ears.
 
“OSUWARI!”
 
He jabbed his sword into Kikyo's shoulder before his face became one with the ground. “No…” he grumbled, his voice muffled by the dirt. He was scared to look up, had he done what his gut was telling him he did?
 
Kagome's head tilted back as she let out a scream, the untransformed Tetsusaiga ran through her shoulder and into the tree. The rusted blade chipped off in her skin, and splinters of the blade dug into other parts of her shoulder. Tears rolled from her eyes, and she was shaking her head back and forth, she couldn't bring herself out from the tree, she was pinned in tight.
 
Inuyasha looked up. “Kagome...” he jumped to his feet and ran to her. “Kagome I'm sorry, I'm sorry!” he watched as the miko's eyes close. “No! Don't close your eyes, Kagome. Please.” He quickly removed the sword and shards of the sword out of Kagome's shoulder. Her arms and legs broke free from the tree bark and she fell in his arms.
 
“Inuyasha…” Kagome whimpered, she made a fist around his collar as she looked into his eyes. “Get away…she's going to…get you.” she fell to the ground, in her hand she ripped off the locket she had given the hanyou all those years before.
 
*- - -*
 
“What the hell is this!?” Koga snarled as he hit his hands up against the shield that had suddenly formed around him and the others. “I smell Kagome and she is accompanied by the smell of blood…” he hit his fists against the shield as hard as he could, trying to break through. “I HAVE TO GET TO HER!”
 
Sango put her hand on the shield. “We aren't getting out of here…this shield is too thick.”
 
“KAGOME!” Koga shouted. “She could be dead now! We have to get out of here and go to her!”
 
Sango hugged Miroku. “I sure hope Inuyasha made it to her, because we won't.”
 
*- - -*
 
“Kagome.” Inuyasha knelt by her and sat her up in his arms, his hands now covered in her blood. “Come on Kagome, don't give up on me now…”
 
“I won't…” Kagome whispered; her eyes closed. “…but you have to go…she'll get you if you don't…I can get out of here myself…Inuyasha…”
 
Inuyasha shook his head. “No, you can't.” he settled her back up against the youkai tree. “I'm not leaving you here.”
 
“Your loyalty sickens me, Inuyasha.” Kaguya scoffed as she appeared next to the hanyou. “You never even killed her.”
 
“Get away from here witch!” Inuyasha took a swipe at Kaguya, but missed.
 
“Inuyasha don't…” Kagome said weakly. “She still had Rin's body…don't arm her.”
 
“What the hell?” Inuyasha stood up and faced Kaguya. “Listen, what do you want? You have no reason to be doing this.”
 
“I have al the reason in the world!” Kaguya shot at the hanyou. “I'm going to fulfill my mothers dream and make the world undergo and everlasting darkness! In order for me to get all this done, I need that miko's powers, and I will need you.”
 
“Like fuck you'll be getting either one of us, witch.” Inuyasha snarled.
 
“Oh I think I shall, I would like to shoe you something.” A mirror appeared in her hands. “I have a new use for the mirror; I can show you anyone's deepest, darkest secrets. After I show you this you will be easy to tame.”
 
Kagome shook her head as she slowly stood; she put her hand over her wound. “No, please Kaguya.” She bit her bottom lip, no she couldn't do that, she couldn't show Inuyasha that Hojo and she were engaged…it would crush him.
 
“Oh but I think I shall…” Kaguya held up the mirror, a moving picture of Hojo kneeling before Kagome with a ring in his hand started to play. Kagome watched herself leap into Hojo's arms and kiss him deeply. The next scene showed different parts in Kagome's life after she had left the feudal era. The time when Hojo comforted her crying, her and Hojo's first dance, their first kiss…all of Kagome's and Hojo's history was being played back for she and Inuyasha to see.
 
Kagome watched as Inuyasha slowly turned to look at her, his face as no expression but held a lot of questions. “Inuyasha…”
 
“So how long were you planning on keeping this from me?” Inuyasha barked.
 
Fresh tears rolled down Kagome cheeks as she gripped her wounds tighter, her hand both arms now drenched with blood. “None of this was suppose to happen, I was only suppose to come back to return the shard and go back…I wasn't expecting to fall in love all over again. Inuyasha I'm so sorry I was going to tell you, I was on my way to tell you everything when Sesshomaru captured me.”
 
“Shut up I don't want to hear it!” Inuyasha roared.
 
“NO! I'm not going to shut up!” Kagome ran to his and grabbed him by the shoulders. “Inuyasha I was going to tell you that I've changed my mind! That I don't want to…”
 
“I said shut up!” Inuyasha gave Kagome a shove to the ground in his blind rage.
 
Kagome winced and grabbed her shoulder; too much blood was coming now, way too much for her to keep fighting to keep her strength. “Inuyasha…”
 
“Perfect!” Kaguya tossed the mirror in front of Inuyasha. “NOW PEER INSIDE! UPON GLANCING, BECOME WHAT YOU SEE!”
 
Inuyasha's eyes met the mirror, his face altered; his golden orbs soon turned blood red and aqua. A vicious roar escaped his lips, and his fangs and claws grew. `What the hell?' Inuyasha thought inside the monster. `I can't…control it…' he peered through the monsters eyes, unable to control its movements.
 
“Now, Inuyasha…” Kaguya watched as Kagome stumbled to her feet. “Smell her blood! See her pain; she will be easy to slaughter! Get her! And bring her back to me!”
 
To Inuyasha's horror, his eyes directed themselves towards Kagome, who immediately started to run through the trees. The slobbering beast that had taken over his body started to chase after her, laughing.
 
Kagome ran, she ran for the life of her. More and more blood drained from her shoulder, and the pain started to flow its way through her entire arm, she knew she wasn't able to keep going for much longer. `I'll have to face him…' she thought as she stopped and pressed her back up against a tree. `There's no other way…'
 
She blinked as Inuyasha stopped before her; he cracked his fingers and snarled through the maniacal laughter that had taken over his mouth. “Inuyasha, stop, please! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!” the miko sobbed as the crazed hanyou took a couple steps towards her. “Please, Inuyasha you don't know what your doing!”
 
Kagome bit her bottom lip as her words fell upon deaf ears. `I want to say osuwari, but it will only make him more angry…' Kagome felt the locket in her hand. `Maybe it'll work, it's worth a try…' “Inu…”
 
Kagome was cut off as Inuyasha grabbed her wounded shoulder and shoved her up against the tree. Kagome screamed in pain as she felt the hanyou's claws dig into her wound, she looked him in the face. “Inuyasha….just…look.”
 
Inuyasha held up his other hand and stabbed the miko a couple of times in the stomach with his claws, then gleefully licked off the blood. Kagome closed her eyes; pain surged through her whole body as she slowly held up the locket. “Inuyasha…please. Remember…”
 
Inuyasha let go of her and took the locket away, Kagome fell to the ground and held her stomach. “Remember…Inuyasha? Remember how we used to be…remember all the good times we had.” Tears rolled down over Kagome's cheeks as she watched Inuyasha tear the locket open, his eyes locked in the pictures inside. “Remember, for me…” her breath caught in her throat and she closed her eyes.
 
Inuyasha's eyes scanned the pictures; his hands trembled as the locket grew hot. He let it drop to the ground, he remembered, he remembered it all! “AH!” Inuyasha grabbed his head and fell to his knees, he felt the youkai possession fight back and try to keep control of his body. `NO, Kagome!' Inuyasha thought as he fought his way back to normal. `Kagome!' his eyes shot open, golden once again. They gazed upon Kagome's bleeding body, and his nose met the smell of her blood, it was all over him.
 
“No…” he stumbled back and looked at his hands, he could taste her blood. “Kagome…”