InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Two loves, one Heart... ❯ home again (3) ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kagome was so glad that was the last partner, the song had ended and she quickly moved for one set of the French doors. Once outside the music was muffled though the walls were thick brick.
She was wondering who on earth she had burned when on that dance floor she had thought it was Naraku because he wore the same mask but it was not him. She began to pace the balcony length. Kagome knew he was demon for he had growled and she swore she saw a couple of glowing red eyes but she could of imagine that part for she was scared and needed to get away from him. "Why do these things always happened to?" She heard the French door shut behind a few moments after she asked the question and she swung around hoping to see Narin but came face to face with the masked demon she had burned.

Fear took over her god she had crossed the wrong demon tonight. Kagome took a step back and he took one forward and then spoke. "Do you always make it a habit of trying to purify your partners?" His voice cold ,cold as ice and so strong as it hit the cool night air. "I....I.." She stumbled for words as she took another step back from him and he took one forward. The masked demon saw how close she was getting to the edge a few more inches and.... "M...mistaken identity." Kagome managed to get out of her vocal cords "Indeed.." He said.
‘Why does he seem so familiar I know that voice.’ Kagome took another step back in instinct but it was to late before she set all her weight on that leg and there was no brick left to set it on she began to fall backwards. Before one graceful and quick hand shot out and grabbed her wrist to bring her back on her to feet.

When her two feet were back on solid ground she was trembling. The demon released her wrist and looked over her all so carefully as if reading her soul. "T....thank you." She Whispered and he turned and walked back into the lively hall without a second glance at her and disappeared into the mass of people and demon alike. once regaining her senses enough the urge hit her like lightning "Home.." She whispered. Kagome looked up to the moon over head ‘At least eleven thirty maybe later’. She had to find Narin and get out of here. Kagome ran back into the lively hall herself and looked in every direction and finally seeing with Koga she sprinted as fast as her dress would let her over him. Right before reaching him she slowed to a walk and calmed her emotions as much as she could.

"Narin, can we leave now I have grown tired." Gosh she was far from tired but she needed a excuse. "Alright...in a minute the carriage should be there you start walking." So she did with quite a fast pace and right before she exited the giant doors she swear she felt eyes watching but brought her mind back to getting out of there and so she did. But she had been correct there were a set of demon eyes watching as she made her escape. Kagome heaved herself into the carriage she was going to wait five minutes and if he didn’t come soon she would leave with out him, but he did come about two minutes later and sat across from as he did the way to the palace.

‘Its fine Kagome your going home no demons there well besides a few guards.’ Kagome had to clasps her hands together so they would shake, she held them firmly in her lap as her thoughts rolled in her head as she looked out the still frosted window. Narin had sensed a uneasiness about her since she approached him to leave at the party. "Kagome are you alright." He asked looking at her. She could not speak she just nodded her voice seemed gone to her. It was a dead silence on the way home. Once the carriage lurched for the second time tonight Narin assisted her down but she felt like running to her room and locking the door but she would stay a few moments longer to say goodnight to Narin she owed him that much for going with her. Her legs started for the house and he was right by her side. Kagome willed her voice to be calm.

"I guess this is goodnight Narin .. Thanks for coming with me." He faced her and answered. "Any time K." Gosh its been years since she had been called that. Kagome looked into his green eyes that shimmered in the pale moon light. He began to lower down to kiss her Kagome suddenly thought and her emotions were more calm in his presents, but she quickly turned her and he kissed her cheek instead. "Narin ... do you sense anything?" She asked looking around.
‘No but you sure had to turn your head right before I kissed you!!’ He thought before answering. "No, I don’t Kagome." She started towards the house again and soon they were in front of the large doors. "Well Kagome goodnight." He said and walked away. When his form was consumed by darkness her emotions and imagination ran wild.

Kagome quickly entered the large house and at her fastest pace took the stairs. Once she was in the confinements and safety of her room she locked the door leaned against it and slid to the floor. Kagome brought her knees to her chest and propped her upper body on them. "Never again..." she whispered . Sleep took only after a few short minutes sitting there and her dream was of the ball a repeat of the whole scene.

She woke just as the sun was stealing the moons place and the bright rays falling though her window but that was not what woke her. The demon from the ball did as the fading image of him left her mind she notice she was covered in sweat and she had fallen asleep on the floor.
Kagome stood and stretched her stiff muscles. She hadn’t even taken the gown off just threw the mask on floor last night after removing it when she got back into the carriage last night. She needed a bath oh how that would sooth her.


Alright pple this is the last chapter iam writing unless i get altleast five reviews, no buts if you like it tell if don’t like it tell me ... next chapter entering the life of sesshy life.. so review if you don’t i just will think ya’ll don’t like it.....