InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Two loves, one Heart... ❯ thoughts and a ride(4) ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sesshomaru stood on the same balcony as the human girl and himself did the previous night. He turned his clawed hand palm up to inspect it, but of course his demon powers had instantly healed it but he swore he could still feel the tingling of her miko powers running though his veins. The sun danced on his smooth white hair as it raised over his well proportioned form. As he starred out into the gardens below he could not help but wonder who she was and where she came from her scent was nothing like he smelt before sweet and taunting. He immediately shook his, what was he thinking she is human and miko at that. Sesshomaru suspected that she had no clue to who he was and also that the wench was not targeting him when she decided to purify him. His hands gripped the railing. "Damn wench." He whispered under his breath. "I should have taught her some respect."

He then remembered the fear radiating off of her last night when he approached her on the balcony. ‘Then the stupid girl tried falling off the balcony also...humans are so indecent and almost useless.’ Sesshomaru then recalled when she was in such a rush to leave after their little incident, along with a fox demon. It was no more then an hour or so that he retired himself after the episode. He inhaled deeply to rid himself of the memory, ‘well I shall at least be happy enough to know I will never see her again.’ Sesshomaru turned from the ledge and walked though the French doors into the main hall, his father then called from the second floor ledge.
"My son did you enjoy the celebration last night? Or was it a bore as you call all the parties?"
The wise Inu asked as he gracefully jumped and landed on the ground next to his stubborn son.

"It was quite...professional father." The great Inu let out a sigh and patted his eldest son on the back. "Sesshomaru, you take things way to series. Will you ever loosen at least once in awhile? You are so much like your mother was... strictly by the book. Your half bother, Inuyasha does not act as you, he is even courting him a soon to be bride hopefully, Lady Kikyo suits him well and she keeps him in line when necessary." Sesshomaru gave a look of distaste when his father mention his bother and Kikyo. His bother he was fond of but never let anyone know so but he hated Kikyo she was not what she appeared. Yes a priestess but an evil one who he was sure has a slight spell on a few members of the community, including his bother.

"Sesshomaru, my son tell me will you ever choose a mate?" It was Sesshomaru’s turn to sigh.
"Father, I have told you my answer to that... multiple times." His father gave him I wish you would get with the program look. "Sesshomaru I know choosing a mate that fits you and your demon is quite complicated, your bother has and many other demons you know do every day.
If you do not choose soon son I will choose for you. You have had over two centuries to find ms right, I shall give one more year to choose and then I shall start picking ladies for you to court and if that does not work I shall marry you off to who chose, I just want to make sure my sons and kingdom his fine and settled before something happens to me. You never know what the wind will bring."

At that his father quick as lightning left the room to roam his lands and do his daily duties. Sesshomaru stood and looked after him and then headed off to ponder all this new information and news given to him from his father and also to do his own duties.
Kagome sat in front of her vanity mirror and began to brush the stubborn knots from her wet midnight black hair. The bath had done what she thought it would have, relaxed her stiff muscles and gave her time to regroup from last eve’s events. Once her hair was free from tangles it lay straight and evenly across her nearly bare shoulders, all she wore was a thin night slip that went to her knees. Kagome began to braid the drying locks of hair with ease as she remembered the demon she did not mean to purify or she did not even know who was under that mask. His aura was strong and his body well formed, she was able to learn that while the commotion was going on. She should have realized that he was not Naraku, the demon was quite taller and wider than Naraku and to add to it Naraku could never loom over her like that demon did. Naraku has never scared her only frustrated her, but that demon... she felt like fainting under his strong steady gaze; and those eyes gold like the sun.

Once her hair was in a neat braid down her back she stood and walked to her closet pulled out a plain dark blue kimono and slipped it on. Kagome then grabbed the mask from her bed and headed for her bothers room to return the shimmering creation. His door was ajar as usual and she walked in and watched her bother as he filled out another type of form for the family business. She walked closer to him and spoke up. "Busy as usual Sota... I have brought your mask back. Thanks again for the use of it." Kagome set it on the edge of his desk and turned and headed for the door once more but she was stopped by his words. "How was it?" Kagome turned back to him and watched as he still worked. "You know the regular fancy smany parties the royals throw... quite boring and uneventful." He glanced at her and the said. "Oh... I some times forget that your not the party and neither am I it was farther who could entertain so well and be the lead of the room." Yes" Kagome muttered.

Sota glanced up and stood and walked over to her. "Sorry sis I know you two were close and"
His words trailed off . "Its alright Sota, for a long while I have been able to speak of him without breaking down in tears." He let out a long frustrated breath and she sighed. "Well I shall go now so you can finish your work." He cut her off . "My work is never finished, I can barely keep up with the land, business, and school." He reset himself in his chair and picked up the pen once more and began writing. Kagome turned and left in silence wishing she could help him. Kagome kicked the horses sides a little harder so he would have a faster pace. She sighed deeply as she kept her eyes on the deserted trail in front of her horse, her weekly ride was a short break from the life she know as being Lady Kagome. She patted the horses neck as she looked over his shimmering black soft coat. "Well shadow do you wish to return home now or go another acre or two?"

The horse stuck its nose up and let out a snort. "I shall take that as if you wish to continue on our small gallivant in these ancient woods." Kagome once more patted the horse and glanced around the heavy wooded area. The leaves have just started to fall it will soon be winter again. The horse suddenly jolted and reared up a few inches off the ground and turned his head to the left as if he could hear and see something she could not. Kagome’s eyes searched the thick mix of trees. She sensed something but what it was moving to fast for her to get a exact reading on the creatures aura. Kagome hurriedly calmed the horse and turned him about and kicked his sides once more but hard enough to make the unsettled horse head for home. Kagome could feel the creature coming closer and she soon realized it was demon and it was not itself. She hurried the horse forward with a light tap on his sides once more and then scanned the surrounding trees for the demon. "Its playing with me" she whispered... "like a cat and mouse."
Kagome then saw the near by trees sway as if wind was present but no wind was blowing by.
She took a deep breath to calm herself besides if the demon attacks she was a miko after all and she would just purify the stocker but, she knew she could not her powers were not that developed because Kikyo was know for her miko talents she never worried that much to full fill her own. As if nature was running a conspiracy against her it started to rain and the sky began to darken. "This is about my luck......"

I low growl from behind brought her from the whining state she was in and back to reality. Kagome turned just in time to see about fifty feet behind her a black blurry figure speed across the road and back into the protection of the thick woods. The rain pounded heavily upon her head and shoulders as she glanced all around for the mysterious and most likely dangerous demon that lurked in the trees shadows.




OK since a couple of fans wanted another chapter i gave it to ya'll now if only a few other fans would review now if i can get another 5 reviews without anyone reviewing me more then once it would be nice since i wrote three other chapters along with this one and i wouldn't mind updating again if ya'll review.. its also why i left a cliffy...thanks and talk to ya'll later