InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Two Viking Children ❯ Chapter 3: At the party ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: Nope not yet. Maybe someday. Hehehehehe! Yeah right like any writer would give up claim to there work!

 

Chapter 3

"SoOo."

"So… what Rayline?"

"So. What do you think of the new boys?"

"Hmm… I don't know… they're cute and all… I don't really like the monk he's a perv."

"I know. After all I was the one he was trying that stuff on. And did you notice the look the demon slayer sent him when he tried to touch me?"

"No, but I saw the welt you left on his hand."

"Hehe. Oops. What about the other one?"

"Inuyasha?" nod. "The strangely dressed girl seems to like him and him back."

"Yeah. Well there's still Sesshoumaru and that boy who found out your secret. What was his name, again?"

"I don't remember, anyways he's more interested in you. In fact he asked me to give you to him in return for his silence…"

"You didn't, did you!?!" fear was in her voice, she still hadn't gotten completely gotten over the attack.

"Of course not! I told him that if he wanted to live he'd not tell."

"Okay. What about Sesshoumaru?"

"What about him?"

"Josine!"

"Okay, he is very hansom, in a girlish way, but he's so cold!"

"Hmm."

"What are you thinking of?"

"Huh? Sorry I drifted off… again."

"I asked what you were thinking of."

"Oh. Just if I should perform tonight or not."

"I think you should."

"Yeah, but I still have a fear of being in front of people."

"I know."

"I'll have a bath drawn for you."

"What!?! Why!?!"

"Josine, you haven't bathed since the day Sesshoumaru was brought here. You really need a bath."

"Well in order to hide my female-ness from demons I need to smell different then I normally do."

"I know, I'm the one who came up with the idea, with your help of course."

"That's why I can't do it there's two dog-blooded-demons out there."

"Why don't you go as your true self?"

"That's not a good idea. They expect his lordship to be there."

"I'm not going to fight you. I'm going to prepare you a bath incase you change your mind."

Josine just shook her head, and sighed.

"Hmm, I hope she'll take the bath." mumbled Rayline.

Later that evening Rayline was just finishing up the dance that she decided to do. She ended it with being in a folded position on the ground. When she got up she put on the practiced act of being in love with his lordship. Which had been `his' lordship's idea, as a precaution.

She sat in Jonatho's lap and snuggled with him a bit. Then she sat still, for a while.

After that while she dragged him closer to the fire, to dance.

"Jonatho," she whispered in the ear of the woman in disguise. "Why don't you go take that bath, and come back as yourself?"

"Why do you want me to do that so badly?" the suspicious girl asked.

"Is it wrong to want to be at a celebration with my best friend, not my beau?"

"I guess not, alright but just for tonight."

"Yay!" the girl had to fight to stay at a whisper, and hugged her best friend.

Nobody noticed when they were gone or when Rayline came back with a beautiful woman. But Miroku noticed the two soon enough. And just as he was about to touch the `forbidden fruit', which is what he named the girls of this town, the hand with the wind tunnel started to pain him. His face grew into a face of panic, as he started to hear a popping sound, which got both of the girls to turn around. He tried to turn and flee but couldn't. He was in serious panic now! Then he felt what was causing the pain almost go away. Then he heard the blond speak.

"Don't try to touch me or my friends again! UnderStand!!!" when she said that he felt more pain and heard another pop.

She then let go of his hand. It was then that he realized it was her that was causing him pain, not his wind tunnel. He would have grabbed both their arms and swung them around but that last pop had broken one of his fingers. So he only swung the sharp eyed blonde, as the hand with the wind tunnel had been reaching for her friend before.

"Ahh!" With that both girls hit him, with their hands, HARD, and knocked him out; for a few minuets.

Sango smiled when she literally stumbled over him about a minuet later, he had some new… well bruises wasn't the name for them. Instead of just having two giant bumps on his head, where the girls hit him, he had two gigantic, glowing red welts. And the hand with the wind tunnel had two broken prayer beads, two red fingers from being harshly popped, a bruised broken finger, and dislocated thumb. His pinky looked okay though.

She giggled under her breath, some girl disliked his affections as much, okay more, than she, herself, did. Well maybe the monk will learn from this one.

While this was happening on the other side of the fire, Rayline had just snuck away from Josine and dropped some cloth and herbs by Miroku. Then made her way to where Sesshoumaru was sitting. She noticed that Sesshoumaru was staring and followed his gaze, then grinned. This will be easier then she thought.

"She's beautiful isn't she?" he nodded without thinking, and the young woman grinned wider.

"I happen to know that she likes you." His eyes snapped to her then, "but she thinks your a little cold hearted. Why don't you prove her wrong?"

"She is human, I care nothing for humans."

"Don't lie," she said looking at the now quite dirty girl who just an hour and a half before rushed into the village and hugged his leg. "it's not becoming."

He sighed. "Fine I do care for `SOME' humans. That one," he said nodding to the girl who had just noticed her friend's absence. "reminds me of someone but I can't figure out who."

"I can tell you who she reminds you of." she said standing up. " Follow me, if you want to know.'

After about thirty seconds after she left the demon lord's curiosity got to him and he searched for the human wench.

When he found her she told him without his having to ask.

"She's familiar to you because you've met her before. That woman is the lord of this village, Lord Jonatho. You see he is really that muffin pie over there."

"Why would she want to act and dress like a he?"

"Have you ever heard of a bunch of men following a woman's orders, following a woman into battle, or having a woman, who's not royalty, in any leadership position?"

"No. but why are you telling me, human?"

"Because, she likes you. And by the look you're giving me you like her too."

"Huma…"

"Don't let the fact that she's different and not of your kind get in your way. After all if you let happiness slip through your fingers now, you may `Never' get another chance."

"You know, human, that I can't argue with. You humans have changed me."

"No, we didn't change you. Just made it so the real you came out. Now go woo her before I change my mind about liking you!" she smiled and giggled, "He left soOo fast!"

He had gone around the party looking for a way to calmly reach her so by the time Rayline got back to the party he was just making his way to her. But he what did when he got to Josine, made her start laughing uncontrollably.

Sesshoumaru didn't talk to the girl at all just went up and kissed her, she got in quite a few hits to his head before she noticed who it was. And switched to only lightly trying to push him away, for appearances sake.

If she had of known it would be this funny to watch him `court' Josine, she would have done it sooner.

Just as she was about sober from her laughing fit she saw that Josine was reprimanding Sesshoumaru for kissing her, and he looked like a child caught sneaking out after dark. That scene made her laugh harder then before. She quickly fought the laughter in her throat to get to Josine and the now seemingly little boy, hoping to get there before someone got hurt.

"Josine! Stop your ranting THIS `instant'! This is supposed to be a `party'!"

"Okay." The suddenly subdued Josine replied.

"Besides you liked the kiss." whispered the blonde with twinkling eyes.

A blush spread on Josine's face and neck so fast, the cheetahs would be jealous.

"My work here is done! I think I'll leave you two lovebirds alone now." Then she disappeared like she was never there.

The next Rayline appeared was by Inuyasha, Kagome and a drunk villager. The man wanted Kagome and had sort of forgotten what a demon protector was. Okay he had forgotten what a demon was all together and was about to start a fight as both men had their weapons out.