InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Under a Crimson Sky ❯ Steal Away ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Under a Crimson Sky

A/N: Okay, here goes! This if my first shot at writing fan fiction! It follows the story of Kouga and Kagome's blossoming love as they face the many obstacles the feudal world has to offer. I'm just working with the plot as I go along...can't wait to see where this takes me! I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it! Oh... and one more thing before you get to the reading...Inu-Yasha and all of Rumiko Takahashi's characters are not mine....!!! Warkarimasu ka? Now...on to the story...!

Steal Away

He gazed upon her sleeping face, lovingly memorizing every detail. She lay unaware, ignorant to her surroundings, in a blissful state of peace. He watched the rise and fall of her chest, noticed her eyelids flicker noting that she must be dreaming, and wishing all the while that for once; his dreams would come true.

The day she entered his life, he could think of nothing else. She permeated his thoughts, became part of his very being. She was everything and nothing at all. All that he wanted in this life, but she wasn't a part of it...at least not in the way he wanted. He swore that she would be his mate, and would do anything he could to make fact a reality. The young wolf prince vowed that he would not rest until she was his, but an inimitable obstacle blocked his path...

The wind changed directions, his scent suddenly wafted under the perceptive hanyou's sensitive nose. He was caught. There wasn't much time. He heard a hoarse but powerful voice drift from one of the trees above him.

"What in the name of Kami? Kouga....that bastard, I could recognize his stench anywhere!

The half human, half demon blood in the hanyou began to boil. Before he realized what had happened, a tornado whirled past him and gently but with veracious speed, the wolf youkai picked up the living object of his dreams, who only a moment before was lying unaware in her sleeping bag with a young kitsuine wrapped in her arms. He was going to make it, he thought. The tornado ripped through the trees with enough stealth and caution that only a trained adversary could outline his tracks. The light of the moon was the only entity which could keep up with him, as he streaked through the midnight air. She rubbed the sleep out of her eyes, confused, she questioned him.

"Nani? Kouga-kun? What are you doing? Where are you taking me? Ko..."

"Shhh....Kagome don't speak, just relax, you're safe with me...I'm taking you far away from here....far away from that inu-koro!"

"Demo...Kouga-kun? This isn't necessary! You know I'm perfectly safe under Inu-yasha's care!"

"I figured you could use a break from him for a while? I have something back at the den that I wanted to show you, and it couldn't wait! Gomen nasai...."

"Kouga, all you had to do is ask? You know that, why didn't you wait till morning?"

"Like I said, it couldn't, so just relax okay we will be there soon thanks to these shards in my legs!"

"Hai, I trust you Kouga..."

With that, she lay quiet in his arms until her mind drifted into her dreams once more.

A/N: Soooo what did you guys think? Should I keep going? Plz review!

ja ne, beautiful-cherry-blossom