InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Under a Crimson Sky ❯ Lucid dreams ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Inu-Yasha and all of Rumiko Takahashi's characters are not mine....!!! Warkarimasu ka?

Lucid dreams

Kagome's Dream...

She came across a lake of fire and ashes; on her side it was green, luscious, and utterly beautiful like an eternal spring. Cherry blossoms surrounded her, the air smelt of sweet honey and chrysanthemums as the blossoms fell all around her, engulfing her like a light summer's rain. On the other it was dark, fire consumed all living things, nothing thrived, and all was dead in an eternal damnation. It was on that side of the river that Kagome saw something that would forever pierce her heart for eternity, whether she chose to dwell on it or not. Kikyo and Inu-Yasha lay embraced on the lake-side, expressing their love as they have never done while living.

His fire-rat harori covered her naked body as they caressed in the raging shadows of fire amongst the coals with such fervor that it made Kagome want to wrench just by looking at it. As much as she tried, she could not tear her eyes away from the lust-filled scene. Her eyes burned, her cheeks burned, but most of all her heart burned with a combination of intense rage and hurt. She felt an extreme urge to cry out in agony, but could not. She could not lower her defenses to his betrayal no matter how much she had come to love and adore him.

She gazed upon their every touch, every kiss, every movement, and in each passing instant she felt as if she would parish in anguish, but that would be too easy. She felt she was meant to experience pure sorrow and agony. Physical torture could have been endured but this...this was cruel. It felt as though it was her turn to have an arrow pierce her living flesh and thrust into her heart just as her beloved Inu-Yasha endured some 50 years ago. Her beloved no more, for no act of heart-filled remorse or pleas for another chance could make her forgive him now for the scene she had just witnessed.

Then a deep and putrid blackness engulfed her body, like a million drops of poison. She felt as if she was tossed onto a bed of live coals. Her body cried all over, the pain she felt could not be expressed in words. She screamed but no sound escaped her lips, she was falling into oblivion. Precious air seeped out of her lungs; she choked on the bile entering her throat, her skin burned in torment. It was at this moment that she thought she knew she was dying....she felt her life ebbing from her body with each passing second.

Then, as her eyes slowly ceased rolling in suffering and she knew these were her last moments; she saw a glow. A light glow which engulfed her surroundings, kept her from falling, filled her heart, mind and soul with calm and serenity. The light became stronger and pushed back the pain; it dissipated the heat leaving her subject to its cool caress and loveliness. This feeling, she couldn't describe it, but it left her with a certain clarity which she somehow understood. There before her stood the wolf prince, Kouga.

He reached out his hand, love seeping through his veins and entering hers through his touch. She yearned for him, for comfort and for...something else she could not explain. She felt safe with him, she wanted him. But she pulled her delicate shaking hand away, and saw his reassuring form slowly fading away. She panicked and ran to him with an urgency that could not be measured. She felt as though her bones would break in the pressure of her fleeting steps. All of it was in vain. The glow slowly dissipated and left her alone in the lucid dark once more.

A/N: Well hope you all liked the chappy! Not too much...ne? On to the next one...there is a lil more fluff for all you fluff-lovers out there! I know I am! LOL! Love you all so much!!!

ja ne, beautiful-cherry-blossom