InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Under a Crimson Sky ❯ It feels wrong, but so right ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Inu-Yasha and all of Rumiko Takahashi's characters are not mine....!!! Warkarimasu ka?

It feels wrong, but so right

"Oh Kami...there's her scent again! I must hurry....I am NOT going to lose her to that shit-face! Kagome...where are you? I miss you...I need you by my side"

The proud hanyou fell to his knees in a moment of intense sorrow...waves of anguish began to wash over him. The fearless demon slayer came running to his side followed shortly by a young kitsuine, neko youkai and lecherous monk whose eyes roamed the shape of her firm backside wishing that his hands had just as much freedom. Inu-Yasha felt a reassuring hand fall onto his shoulders, almost pleading for him to stand.

"Ahhemm...Oh Sango I thought I saw a Shikon shard there for a second lying in the dirt...but it was nothing...all is well!"

"Oh...I thought you were doing something else, I guess I overreacted! I miss her...I wish she was here to see the shards for us..."

"Hey, don't worry about it Sango I just caught her trail again, I think I know where she is! You know that mangy wolf, he won't harm her so she should be safe till we get there, but he won't be, you can count on that!"

"Hai, you are right. I guess I'm feeling down with her not around. Funny, how everything seems so positive and cheerful when she's around, considering how morbid our task is."

"I know what you mean...now quickly I think we can get there by early afternoon if we hurry! Now, quit yakking and let's get a MOVE on! I can't wait to tear my claws through that baka of a wolf, Kouga!"

She sighed with relief; there was the old Inu-Yasha. He seemed so distant since Kagome's abduction, not his usual annoying, rude self and strangely they all missed it. Their arguing, their fights, the joy of watching their love unfold. She longed for Kagome's friendship and warmth, they all did. Her absence was enough to almost tear them all apart.

"I smell her, her scent, it is so intoxicating... she is close....I will be there soon Kagome-chan....please be safe...!!!"


"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......this feels soooo good!!! It's been a while since I've had a nice hot bath! It sure beats swimming in the freezing cold river!"

"I wouldn't have it any other way though...the dusty roads, dangers lurking at every corner, cold nights, all of that was worth it if I was with him. Then what was UP with that dream? It felt like a premonition...or worse? Demo...that would never happen...would it? He loves me, ne? I know it...."

She resolved her doubts, assured of Inu-Yasha's loyalty, love, and devotion. She knew he would never betray her with her incarnate, Kikyo. The dream meant nothing; it was just a lapse of control within her subconscious. Her heart was assured in its absolution...yet she could not help but feel doubts pool within her mind.

After bathing and changing into a supple wrap made of wolf fur which clung to her narrow fragile shoulders, she yawned, reached out to touch the sky feeling the remaining stiffness in her bones release its hold....refreshed, she gathered her belongings and walked up the lightly trodden path leading up to Kouga's den.


"There you are!!! Kagome-chan, you rested now?"

"Hai, Arigatou Kouga-kun! This wrap feels wonderful! Now for some food....?"

"Oh, it's already done! I made you a little something while you were bathing; I hope it suits your tastes."

Kagome was led to Kouga's section of the cave to discover a delectable feast awaiting her by his bedside. There was sashimi lying on a carved bone platter with white rice and pickled plums delicately surrounding it.

"WOW! Kouga-kun! I didn't know you could cook, and you hate dealing with vegetables and all things that photo-synthesize! All this is for me?

"Hai, Kagome anything for you! It's nothing; I hope it meets your liking. One smile from you is enough thanks to last me a thousand lifetimes."

Kagome blushed under the gracious flattery, whispered a short prayer....Itadakimas... and slowly began to eat, the sashimi tingled the taste buds in her mouth while the rice satisfied her sudden burning hunger. She finished and thanked him again for his hospitality.

Obviously beaming under her gratitude, he flashed a quick smile and moved a little closer, feeling this was his chance to show her how he really felt. This was his chance to make her realize...their bodies were unknowingly tingling with anticipation. She wanted it, but...no...it wasn't right, but for a moment she ignored her conscious and leaned into his sweet embrace and closed her eyes.

He ran a claw gently across her face, tracing the outlines of her jaw, gazing with a love which poured out pools of liquid sapphires. He gently laid her down on his bed of furs, she began to squirm away, hesitating at first, but one look into his eyes pulled her into sweet submission. He brushed his lips across her face gently until he reached her full lips. Then he pressed with an urgency she never experienced before. He noticed her shock, reprimanded himself, and kept himself in check; he didn't want to scare her. He wanted her here, now and forever, his mate.

He reached his hand inside her wrap, lovingly tracing the texture of her smooth skin. She gasped and pulled away, she could not go further. He was her true love; she could not betray him, could she…?


"Kagomeeeee.....where are you???!!!!"

A loud and obviously anxious hanyou leapt amongst the rocks of the glorious mountainside until he reached the mouth of the cave. She pulled away and ran to the opening only to become encased in his haori. He grasped her shoulders and pulled her to his chest in an almost crushing embrace.

"Kagome...I'm so glad...I've missed you so much..."

"Inu-Yasha??"

"Hai?"

"I can't bre..aaa..thhheee..."

He let go...embarrassingly placing his hand behind his head. Witnessing this, and without a moment's hesitation, the angered wolf prince grabbed Kagome by the waist and drew her to him.

"Hands off mutt face! This is my woman!"

"Nani? Your woman? Kagome belongs to me!

"STOP IT!!!" I belong to no one! When will you two understand that? You are driving me nuts with your incessant childish bickering! Every time you are in each other's presence! I need to get out of here...gomen nasai Kouga-kun but I think I've stayed long enough..."

"No need to thank me Kagome, you are always welcome in my den; your mere presence here honors and fills me with joy. I hope our next meeting will not be too far into the future."

He pulled her to him once more and whispered, "I want to finish what we started, love..."

Kagome looked into his liquid sapphire eyes once more before dragging the clearly FURIOUS hanyou by the arm and out the mouth of the cave before yelling "Osuwari!!!!", and daring to glance back once more...

Main translations:

Arigatou- Thank you

Demo- But

Domo Arigatou- I'm pretty sure it means 'Thank you' It's just another way of saying it.

Dozo- Here you go…

Domo- Thanks

Gomen Nasai- I'm sorry

Hai- Yes

Itadakimas (not sure of spelling)- It's a common prayer spoken in Japanese, meaning along the lines of 'I'm receiving this food from someone of higher status… '

Ja ne- See ya Later or Later!

Kami- Defined basically as 'God'

Nani- What

Ne- Am I right?

Neko- Cat

Onegai- Please

Wakarimasuka- you understand?


A/N: There! I'm proud of it! Not Oh well...I hope you enjoyed it! I tried to make it a little longer than usual; this chappy is around 1500 words so it's A LOT longer than previous chappies, especially my 1st! LOL! Love you guys! Review!

ja ne, beautiful-cherry-blossom