InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Under a Crimson Sky ❯ Reawakening ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Inu-Yasha and all of Rumiko Takahashi's characters are not mine....!!! Warkarimasu ka?

A/N: Gomen nasai (Sorry) again for the previous short chappy…I was rushed for time! This one will prove to be much longer! Hope you enjoy it! Oh well…Now on with the reading…

Reawakening

A sleepy cloud drifted overhead blocking out the light of the sun on an otherwise perfect day. Shippou eyed a 'Snickers' bar warily before timidly tasting it, a result of another delectable treat from Kagome's era. His hazel green eyes suddenly opened wide with pleasure at its appealing taste.

Elegantly perched on the observant demon exterminator's shoulder was Kirara. A hand stealthily paced through the air bemused as to finish its respective task; the sinuous forearm of the lecherous monk was flexing in anticipation. Taking in the scene was Kagome and Inu-Yasha who both inwardly sighed and awaited the predictable resonating crack of Sango's Hiraikotsu on Miroku's skull. The perceptive Kitsune covered his sensitive fox ears beforehand to the oncoming disruptive sound that was sure to destroy the tranquil atmosphere.

"HENTAI!!!!!!!!! YOU ASKED FOR IT!!!!!!"

One expertly-placed thwack to the skull easily subdued the amorous monk. Kagome and Inu-Yasha merely shook their head at the scene and continued onward followed by an enraged demon exterminator and monk with a satisfied but pained look to his eyes.


Hastily relieving his thirst alongside the bank of a pristine stream was Kouga. He had just picked up Kagome's engaging sent again and was hard-pressed to find her.

Her scent seems stronger now, I must be getting close…he inwardly noted this information and unknowingly sent a multitude of enormous ripples raging across the water's edge as his mini tornado began streaking past the dense foliage.


Already his third visit, Naraku was beginning to grow impatient under the miko's sullen replies.

"Kikyo...I assure you that he will be under your total control after I'm finished with him. You need not worry about the trivial details, I will personally serve Inu-Yasha to you on a silver plater if need be. You have my word."

Her back rested against a searing boulder as her conniving mind wandered through the possibilities of his words. She was growing tired of this decaying existence just as she was warned. She longed for Inu-Yasha's calm caresses and lips against hers. Her eyes seethed in hatred for the hanyou who stood before her, dominating her with his stance. He slowly leaned in and whispered in her ear.

"I can grant you anything your soul desires Kikyo…why don't you take me up on my offer? Come back to the world of the living, my sweet, I will corrupt Inu-Yasha's mind enough for you to mold him under your whim. My only request is that he remains able enough to do my bidding…that is all. Come now, I will make it well worth your while, a body….Yesss…I can provide you with a living, breathing body. You will regain your human form and walk amongst the living. You will never have to ingest another human soul again; for blood will run within your veins once more. Accept my offer Kikyo…It is not given lightly."

Her eyes widened in shock. A human body? She mused. The malevolent hanyou arose and wordlessly began making his way towards the fiery gates assured of her rejection yet again. She voiced her reply, his jaw dropped slightly, he was unprepared for it.

"I accept. I will come with you…back to the world of the living. Just be sure to keep your side of the bargain or you will pay dearly Naraku."

She glowered at him, her eyes brimming with revulsion. Nevertheless…once you provide me with what I require Naraku….you will pay regardless. I will relish your downfall…be assured…it will come. Her mind inwardly whirled around this prospect as she gracefully arose and made her way to him; her mind absolute in its decision as she languidly followed him through the dark gates of hell.


Kouga arrived at a clearing just as the vicious battle was ending. Sango skillfully whirled her oversized boomerang towards the ominous creature. The demon stood twenty feet tall, enormous black fangs dripped with poison threatening to sear the wary occupants below. A tough greenish hide covered its entire body whilst two menacing horns whirled from its grotesque head. Razor sharp claws unsuccessfully swiped at the ensuing silver and red flash attacking it. Shippou scurried towards some dense undergrowth nearby seeking refuge from the treacherous battle as Kagome expertly drew an arrow prepared to fire in defense at any moment.

Then Kagome screamed amongst the destruction, "Miroku throw a talisman at its forehead to restrain him…Inu-Yasha there is a tainted shikon shard lodged in its head above its right eye…aim your blows there!"

Meanwhile, a dark cloud loomed over head, concealed within its mists were Naraku and his poisonous insects which were waiting for the right moment to complete their given task.

Inu-Yasha easily dodged the monster's attacks and landed a few of his own. Miroku threw an ofuda at the demon's head, its spiritual power subduing the demon for the time being. Taking the opportunity, Inu-Yasha went in for the kill, bloodlust in his eyes. He was just about to maneuver his Senkotessou technique when he felt a slight pin prick on the back of his neck, dismissing it as a bothersome mosquito. However, a light trickle of blood silently ran down his neck and towards his back. Undetected inside his barrier, Naraku silently watched as his plan unfolded, taking pride that his minions completed their objective without any noticeable suspicion.

Hai, it is done. I'll just simply take my shard back and be on my way…let them finish that worthless demon off, he is of no more use to me... he mused at the thought and began heading towards his castle once assured that everything was going according to plan.

Suddenly Naraku's poisonous insects came into plain view of the group and made their presence known. The bugs quickly dug the tainted shard out of the creature's forehead and quickly disappeared into the clouds from whence they came.

Inu-Yasha cursed and ripped his claws through the air desperately trying to regain the shard which was so temptingly within his reach just a moment before….before he felt that pin prick. He was totally unaware of what had just occurred, the real reason for the attack.

One of Naraku's insects had just stealthily lodged a tainted shikon shard in his neck. Surrounding the shard was a unique invisible barrier which shielded it from all eyes, especially that of Kagome's.

Beyond hope of reaching them, he frustratingly tore his claws through the fallen monster, tearing it to shreds. As he whipped his hands clean of blood on a rag given to him by Kagome, Miroku ripped back the cloth and rosary which concealed his Kazanna and cleaned up the remnants of the demon's corpse.

"Shit! Those damned bugs of Naraku got to the shard before I could….!!!!", Screamed Inu-Yasha along to a few other violent curses.

Everyone looked dejectedly towards the ground, inwardly cursing that wretched demon Naraku for beating them yet again. Although they kept their mouths shut, not wanting to help further Inu-Yasha's ferocious ranting in hopes that they could quickly be on their way again. After a few colorful words which left Kagome slightly blushing as she coaxed Shippou out of the brush, a familiar whirl-wind swiftly appeared.

"Dammit! Why the hell did that mangy mutt show up? Like I don't have enough on my mind right now!" cursed Inu-Yasha.

The handsome wolf youkai pressed up against Kagome taking her hands in his in that familiar affectionate embrace.

"Kouga-kun! Nani…What brings you here?" stuttered Kagome, blushing as he silently continued to gaze into her chocolate-brown eyes.

"Kagome-chan…I needed to see you! I've missed you so much! I couldn't wait any longer so I came to you. I hope you don't mind, I hope you can forgive my impatience but my heart just couldn't take our separation any longer…!"

"Kouga-kun! Don't be silly, there is nothing to forgive! You're visits are always welcomed! Her lips curved upwards into a genuine and heart-stopping smile. Kami… how I've missed her smiles….he thought.

Jealous of their obvious display of affection, Inu-Yasha roughly pushed Kouga aside and stood protectively in front of Kagome, his hand resting threateningly on the hilt of his sword.

"You mangy wolf, get your flea bitten hands off of Kagome or you'll lose em'!!!" threatened the obviously enraged hanyou.

"You wish Inu-koro, I would like to see you try it! You forget, she is my woman! I can touch her in any way I want!" yelled the clearly annoyed wolf prince.

Shoving him briskly aside Kouga grasped Kagome's hands once more before speaking.

'Kagome my love, I was wondering if you would like to come back to my den for a while. The pups haven't stopped whining since you left, they were quite saddened that they didn't get a chance to see you last time you visited due to your abrupt departure."

He paused and looked intentionally over at the fuming hanyou behind him before he continued.

"They miss you immensely and quite frankly I want them to shut up already! More importantly, I have a few wolves that need your healing abilities, I'm quite confident that under your skillful care they will be up and running in no time! Onegai…please say you will consider my request?" He looked pleadingly into her eyes silently hoping for her lips to form a 'yes'.

"Ohhh the pups! I almost forgot! I promised to show them this new toy from my time, and you say there are injured? Of course I'll come; I just restocked on my supplies so I should have everything I need. We should leave immediately!"

Concerned, Kagome looked over towards Inu-Yasha. His stare was stoic, he didn't give a damn about the wellbeing of Kouga's wolves and wanted Kagome there with him. She gazed back at him almost pleadingly and he let out a big sigh followed by an indignant "Keh!" He knew her all too well, once Kagome heard of anyone that needed her help, she was caught…damn that wolf; he knows just how to play her, he thought.

"Fine! I'll come by tomorrow at dusk to pick you up, that enough time?" sighed Inu-Yasha.

Kagome's face brightened at his display of maturity.

"Hai! That should be enough, depending on how injured Kouga's wolves are that is…"

"Well if they are anything like Kouga those weak bastards will be lying under your care for months. I don't care though; I'm coming over to get you tomorrow regardless. Everyday we dawdle Naraku gets the upper hand, we can't afford to waste much time."

"Hai, you're right Inu-Yasha...I won't be long I should be done by the time you come." She replied thoughtfully as she strapped on her daisy-yellow knapsack.

"Good!" He replied simply, knowing that there was nothing he could do to stop her anyway, not with those beads around his neck.

Sensing the right opportunity, Kouga swiftly but gently picked Kagome up bridal style and with the aid of the shikon shards jammed in his legs, sped off into the distance before Inu-Yasha could attempt to dissuade her. The wolf youkai's powerful whirl wind left the hanyou coughing and sputtering from the abrupt dust cloud which formed in the aftermath and left him incoherently cursing in rage…

A/N: So whaddya guys think? Good or no good? Please review!

ja ne, beautiful-cherry-blossom