InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Under a Crimson Sky ❯ Sweet Dreams ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: GUESS WHO'S BACK??? Gomen guys……I haven't fallen off the face of the earth despite what some of you probably think. Actually I had surgery, so I've been recuperating for a while. I also got into a bad car accident with my sisters and totalled my car, (thank goodness for seatbelts or I might not be here today…*Gulp*) I haven't forgotten about this, although I'm finding it hard to start where I left off. I apologize in advance if this chapter may seem crappy….I just need to get back into the plot scheme that's all. Here's a bit of filler for all the Fluff Lovers out there! *Wink!* Thanks for being patient with me; I hope you'll bear with me. Well…onto the story! (^_^)
 
Sweet Dreams
 
Kagome wiggled out of her mate's embrace and glared at him in annoyance, “Kouga, if you don't close your eyes right now….I'll…”
 
Her half-hearted threat stopped in mid-sentence as she felt a warm tongue massage her left earlobe, teeth nibbling slightly. She sighed and turned her body to face him, forcing his mouth away from its prize.
 
“Kaagommee….” He whined as he feigned a broken expression.
 
“You need to rest baka, whether you like it or not. You know as well as I do that youkai heal fastest while resting their bodies. Anyone with eyes can see that what you were doing to my ear is not considered rest!”
 
“ Oi, Why don't you try to explain that to my body dammit, coz it sure as hell ain't listening to me!” fretted the obviously perturbed prince of wolves.
 
He's so cute when he pouts.
 
Kagome mused as she neatly organized her first aid kit and placed it at the bottom of her daisy-yellow knapsack.
 
 
Damn it all! If her scent wasn't so alluring I wouldn't have to struggle to contain myself all the time!
 
Kouga fumed as his eyes thirstily memorized the slight sway of her hips as she walked across the room. She carefully deposited her knapsack next to what little remained of the rest of her belongings and slowly made her way back to her mate.
 
Kagome heard a soft grunt and watched his eyes squeeze in discomfort as he tried to sit up. When he finally made it, grinning in success with his efforts, his eyes were still shut.
 
Ha! That'll show her, you would think I was as meek as a pup with the way she was going on about my condition.
 
He opened his eyes expecting another onslaught from his mate when his body froze.
 
Kagome eyed him slyly under her bangs as she crawled on all fours across the bed. His breathe caught in his throat at the sight of her, her body language suggesting that he was her prey. She trailed her hands up his hard stomach tracing a path to his chest and forced him back down onto the bed. She gently climbed on top of him, straddling his hips. His eyes closed in anticipation of her next move, as far as he was concerned, he was all hers. She lowered her lips to his ear and grasped both of his wrists, holding him down.
 
That notorious crooked smile formed across his face.
 
Hmmm she wants to be the dominant one this time, ne?
 
“Kouga.”
 
Her voice was flat; and a menacing glow permeated her chocolate brown eyes.
 
“If you don't give it a rest right now, this is going to be as close as we're going to get for a long time. Got it?”
 
She saw his Adam's apple move up and down as he gulped.
 
“But..But…” he started.
 
“SLEEP!” she warned as she held her small hand over his mouth.
 
Shit! She is really getting ticked off, her scent reeks of annoyance. If I don't shut the hell up now
 
A horrified look came across his face at the thought.
 
His exaggerated whine filled the room as he reluctantly snuggled into his furs, trying as he might to get comfortable despite the bandages tugging at his skin.
 
Before he had a chance to notice, Kagome had already made her way into a corner of the cave sectioned off as a lavatory and began prying off her soiled wrap.
 
A delicately carved wooden bowl of boiled water and scraps of pliable fur were set aside for her to use to wash. She lifted the bowl and marveled at its workmanship. It was completely bare of design but it wasn't needed. The bowl was carved from a solid block of cypress wood, sanded, and polished to perfection. Her eyes opened wide in awe at the thought of a youkai creating such a beautiful piece of art, and then quickly shook the thought out of her head.
 
I'm going to have to push aside these stereotypes if I'm going to be living with Kouga and his clan. Not all youkai are thoughtless killing machines, I of all people should know that.
 
Kouga peered at her from the corner of his eye and watched in difficulty as she peeled off her stained wrap and began cleaning the wound between her breasts.
 
My Kagome…always thinking of everyone else and leaving herself for last.
 
His longing to touch her heightened while he watched the water silently make its way down her back, hundreds of tiny droplets sparkling in the firelight.
 
He let out an exasperated sigh and buried his head in furs, unable to take it anymore.
 
If I can't have her in realitythen I guess I'll just have to revert back to the ol' dreams. Gah! Like I haven't had enough to last a lifetime!
 
Before he could muster up another fantasy, his stubborn mind finally lost the battle and his body finally succumbed to sleep.
 
 
“Kagome-sama?”
 
“Yes, who is it?” whispered Kagome as she began lathering shampoo into her raven black locks.
 
A shy young wolf demon quietly entered the room, head bowed. Her honey blonde hair was flowing freely around her waist while a fur headband kept her bangs out of her face. Even in the scant lighting Kagome could make out the dark purple color of the woman's eyes which at the moment where intent on watching her feet.
 
“Forgive me Kagome-sama, my name is Kyako. Sorry if I was disturbing you but I came to see if there was anything you or Kouga-sama required?”
 
Startled and unused to such attention Kagome forgot about the shampoo in her hair and gasped as a stream of suds made they way into her eye.
 
“Ouch..ouch..ouch!”
 
“Do you need any assistance Kagome-sama?” cried Kyako at her master's apparent distress.
 
“No..no! Just give me a moment so I can rinse this out.”
 
“Hai.”
 
Kagome poured the bowl of water over her head and sighed with relief.
 
“Ahh, that's better. Now, Kyako-chan, there is actually something that I would like. Do you have any spare bedding? I would really love to change the furs of our bed; they are a bit blood stained from…last night's events.”
 
Kyako noticed Kagome's solemn demeanor as she spoke those last three words, and wondered what her relationship was to the youkai who attacked them.
 
“Hai, Kagome-sama I will get you some new bedding right away! I'll just set it at the entrance so as to not disturb you again.”
 
Kagome watched as the courteous wolf demon silently made her way out of the room and sighed.
 
“Oh my, this is going to get some getting used to, I feel like royalty.” Kagome quietly thought aloud.
 
“That's because you are.” Grunted her mate who was propping himself up on this elbows.
 
Kagome whirled around to glare at her mate.
 
“I thought I told you to go to sleep!”
 
“Ahemm, I was until I felt another presence in the room. Who was that by the way?”
 
“Who, Kyako? I believe she is one of your servants.”
 
“Kyako…Kyako….why does that name ring a bell? Hmmm…”
 
Suddenly it hit Kouga and he cringed.
 
“Um…I remember her now.”
 
“You do? How so?” Inquired a curious Kagome as she dried herself off.
 
Kouga gulped.
 
“Ah, shewasoneofmyoldgirlfriends.” he quickly muttered under his breath.”
 
“Nani? I didn't understand a word you just said.” Her interest perked at discomfort in his voice.
 
“She was one of my old girlfriends, from my younger more foolish days.” He added.
 
He winced expecting a horde of accompanying questions but was shocked to hear an onslaught of laughter.
 
Kagome couldn't contain herself; his face was just so comical.
 
Like he thought I actually was the jealous type or something.
 
She wiped the tears forming at the corner of her eyes as she pulled on her wrap.
 
“Kouga, I don't mind that she was your old girlfriend. In fact I don't mind at all, it's not like you were the only one to have…umm…”
 
“Oi, what does that mean?
 
“Um..nothing! Nothing to worry about.” Covered Kagome as she waved her hands in the air in nonchalance.
 
I better not tell him about my early junior high days or he might try tearing his way back to my time with a vengeance.
 
Kouga sensed that she was trying to hide something but wisely decided to drop it. He let out a massive yawn and plopped down on the bed.
 
“Well, I better get some rest. Care to join me, Love?”
 
“Nice try wolf-boy but not a chance.”
 
The wolf prince whined and closed his eyes but, a crooked smile formed on his lips at his mate's next words.
 
“Maybe later.”
 
Yes! The mighty Kouga scores!
 
Kagome heard him chuckle as she left the room, a quizzical smile forming on her face as she looked back.
 
A/N: I changed my name guys if you haven't noticed. I thought it was cute, a little play on words (^_^). I'm just sitting here getting into the inspirational mood whilst listening to my InuYasha Wind CD (which is AMAZING, by the way) wondering if I should start this fic up again. I was seriously considering dropping it, until I got this wonderful encouraging review from GoldAngel12. Thanks whoever you are, you gave me the final jump start I needed. Thanks everyone for sticking with me for the ride! XD
 
ja ne, everybody-loves-ramen