InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Under the Glow of the Moon ❯ What Happened? ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER - The ownership and general brilliance that is Inuyasha and co. remains the property of its honored and revered creator Rumiko Takahashi without whose brilliance we would not have Sesshoumaru….
 
Okey dokey people it is finished…chapter 4 that is… I hope you like it….
 
I wanted to thank everyone who reviewed my fic….it means a lot to me….and I wanted to thank my beta Chaya09…for making sure that I finish my thoughts and my paragraphs make sense…^_^
 
------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------
 
Kagome sat up with a jolt from where she had been laying and she found herself in Kaede's hut curled up on the lap of Sesshoumaru. She jerked up and scrambled away from him. This guy had still tried to kill her, so she's not about to let him anywhere near her person despite what Toga said. Standing up, she looks at her friends and walks out of the hut without saying anything, `I need some air so I can think clearly about this. Maybe a walk will help calm my nerves'. So she set off for Inuyasha's forest to sit by the tree of ages, the place she goes when she needs to think, her mind still reeling from the information that Toga passed on to her. `I have soooo much I have to do: find some sword that I apparently know how to use, get the full jewel (which means I have to find the rest of the shards and get Naraku's pieces as well), I have to deal with Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru…' Kagome blushed when she remembered that kiss she gave him, sure it was only on the cheek but it was kinda scary to remember, especially considering all the times he's tried to kill her. `There is no way that he has any feelings for me, at least not anymore, he's probably angry that I left. He seemed so different in my memories, more happy, well maybe not happy but more open and definitely less like the lord of ice.' Kagome finally made it to the tree and sat down against it and closed her eyes to think. She couldn't even remember how she got into this predicament and how she changed. The last thing she could remember before now was coming out of the well and seeing Inuyasha kissing Kikyou, running away from that awful sight, and then blacking out to wake up with that whole episode in the hut when Inuyasha got mad at her for something she couldn't remember doing. After that whole episode Sesshoumaru helped her realize that she was no longer human. Everything in between blacking out somewhere and waking up in the hut was just gone, and she also didn't know how long time had past between what she last remembered and now.
“Kagome?”
She was jolted out of her thoughts at the voice of her friend. She smiled at Sango and beckoned her to come and sit next to her under the tree. They sat there in silence for a while, comforting each other with their presence.
 
Kagome broke the silence saying, “Sango, I can't even remember how this happened to me. I have all of these new memories, about my parents and Sesshoumaru, but I can't remember how this change happened, and it's frustrating. I have a whole chunk of memory missing and I want to know what happened!!!!”
 
“Kagome, how much do you remember?” her friend questioned.
 
“I remember coming out of the well, and seeing Inuyasha kissing Kikyou, running away from there, and then nothing until I awoke in Kaede's hut three days ago.” She explained.
 
“Kagome! You're missing about three weeks of memory!!!” her friend exclaimed.
 
Kagome looked over at her friend with an alarmed expression, and then calmly stated, “Sango, can you tell me what happened?” Her curiosity piqued.
 
“Well after you ran away from Inuyasha and Kikyou…”
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------
------Flashback------
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------
Kagome ran away from the Tree of Ages and towards who knows where. Running through the forest and getting scratched from the branches and shrubs, she didn't notice in her blind retreat that she was ignoring the tug that she felt signifying jewel shards. A pair of eyes watching as she fled through the forest, the owner of those eyes decided to make his presence known.
 
“Ahhh, Kagome, my pet, why do you run so hastily away from safety?” a voice said.
 
Kagome stopped running and looked about for the owner of the voice, and out popped Naraku. She mentally kicked herself for being so stupid, running away without any type of protection, and started running in the direction she came from.
 
`I've got to get to Inuyasha and the others, before he kills me.'
 
“Oh, but where are you going Kagome? The party has only begun and it would be rude of you to leave, especially before your friends get here,” Naraku stated sarcastically as he captured her with a tentacle, raising her up off the ground, and slowly squeezing the life out of her like a boa constrictor. “You see, Kagome, I have a little surprise for your friends that will kill their will to live. This,” he held up a little bottle, “makes a demon's blood fully human and a human's blood demonic almost instantaneously, but for a hanyou it's blood fights for dominance and is a very painful change that ultimately ends in their going insane and dying, and I plan on using it on your little half-breed friend, Kagome.” She looked at him with disgust as he continued, “Standing over there is Kohaku,” he pointed over at the boys prone form, “and I am going to rip the shard from his back but not before letting him realize everything he has done, and when the demon slayer see's her brother dead she will break and kill herself, and that will kill the monk,” he stated with a grin on his face, all the while tears were streaming down Kagome's face. “But I'm sure that your thinking, `What about me?' Well Kagome, you get the privilege of being my queen,” he said with malevolent glee and his lips descended onto hers, but before his lips could fully touch hers Inuyasha and her friends broke through the clearing.
 
“Ah it seems that the rest of out guests have arrived before we could finish our little bit of fun. Oh well, I'll kill them and then we can finish what we started my queen,” Kagome struggled to get away from his foul body.
 
“KAGOME!!!!!” screamed Inuyasha. “You get your filthy hands off her, you bastard?
 
“Ah, Inuyasha, I see that your vocabulary hasn't gotten any bigger… OUCH!!!” he said as Kirara attacked him while distracted by Inuyasha and he dropped Kagome.
 
“AHHHHHHH!!!!” `I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die, someone catch me.' Kagome stopped screaming as she felt someone catch her, she opened her eyes to see Miroku, he put her down and helped her stand up brushing her backside clean of the nonexistent dirt.
 
SMACK!!!
 
“Pervert, this is not the time Miroku!!” she exclaimed.
 
“I am sorry Lady Kagome, it's this cursed hand of mine. Oh, by the way we brought you your bow and arrows.” He said as he handed the items over.
 
“Thanks Miroku,” she said with a smile forgetting his lecherous ways momentarily.
----------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------
 
Meanwhile a battle had been going on and Inuyasha had the upper hand it seemed. Little did they know what Naraku had really cooked up for them this time.
 
 
“Naraku,” Inuyasha exclaimed, “your gonna die, right here right now.”
With that he yelled out “WINDSCAR” and his powerful attack was released but to no effect, for Naraku had brought up his powerful barrier.
 
 
“Is that all you've got Inuyasha? Pathetic!” he said in disgust.
 
 
“Now, Inuyasha you will DIE!!” and with that he released the tentacle laced with the poison. Kagome chose that time to pay attention to the battle and did something heroic but rather stupid.
 
“INUYASHA!!!” she screamed and ran in front him taking the attack meant for him. Naraku, not expecting this, decided that it was time to retreat, and left hastily, his plan foiled by the miko.
 
 
“Kagome, NO!!” cried Inuyasha, “why would you do that?”
 
 
“Inuyasha,” she said, “I'm all right, its just a little flesh wound.”
 
 
Inuyasha held her close as she explained her reasoning behind throwing herself in front of Inuyasha and the workings Naraku's devious plot, the tears fell from Sango's face as Kagome told her about Kohaku, and by the end of her story her friends were eternally grateful for her bravery.
 
 
Meanwhile the poison had taken affect in Kagome's blood, gradually making her weaker, her friends hadn't known of her demon blood, but neither did she, diluted due to Inu-no-Taisho so she could look human in the future. The poison gradually took its painful effects on Kagome, after a couple of days it rendered her unconscious.
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------
------End Flashback------
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------
 
 
“After that battle with Naraku, you were up and about for a couple of days, but we could tell that there was something that you were hiding from us, but we couldn't figure out what it was until you collapsed. It wasn't until then that we remembered what you said about the poison, we didn't think that it affected you because you didn't change, but then we remembered those words about being a hanyou. You were battling that damper that Inu-no-Taisho put on your blood, giving you the appearance of a human, but essentially making you a hanyou. It was so scary you would scream out in pain, thrash about, and we couldn't do anything for you, that is until Lord Sesshoumaru came.”
 
 
 
“Lord Sesshoumaru!!!” she exclaimed.
 
 
“Yes, Lord Sesshoumaru, he's the one who helped your blood deal with the poison.”