InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unexpected Allies: Chosen, The Tosusaiga's True Master ❯ The Tosusaiga's True Master ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

{Disclaimer: No, I don't own Inuyasha. I don't even own this computer. It's a rental. What do you expect from a poor college student?}

Unexpected Allies Trilogy

Part Two

Chosen, the Tosusaiga's True Master

Chapter Fourteen:

The Tosusaiga's True Master

Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha watched as Kagome plunged the glowing sword into the ground. It started to spin, lifting up from the dirt in front of her. Kagome glanced around her, surveying the enemy as they watched her in horror.

Her power flared from her feet in front of her in flickers, purple purity and white energy mingling with a little bit of the blue that frightened her.

Her eyes flickered between the bluish-gray of her own and the azure Sesshoumaru saw in her dream.

She raised her hands above her head, leaning her head back and closing her eyes again. The sword lifted higher in the air, its hilt levitating in front of her face.

Sesshoumaru felt the Tenseiga respond. He looked down, only to find it fading from sight. The same happened to the Tetsusaiga. At the time Inuyasha was in mid swing so when it disappeared in his hands he was shocked, to say the least.

"What the hell is going on?" he muttered, standing beside Sesshoumaru. Sesshoumaru barely heard him, the only thought in his head was

'Is this it? Is this the power of the Tosusaiga?'

Tenseiga appeared in Kagome's left hand, the Tetsusaiga in Kagome's right. She thrust them into the dirt at her feet, then gathered all three swords in her hands. The three merged into one giant fang, nearly twice her size. Kagome split the air in front of her before charging forward. She wielded the fang with a grace and deadly beauty Sesshoumaru could never teach her as the blade cleared her way to Naraku. She stopped before the laughing hanyou, the fang poised and ready.

"How wonderful," Naraku chuckled, reaching for her. Kagome stepped back, snarling, exposing newly grown fangs. "Look at you! You're more beautiful now than you were before."

"Flattery will get you nowhere," Kagome growled, moving her weight from one foot to another, swaying slightly as the powers of the fang, her purifying magic and the foreign blue swirled around her.

Naraku waved her off and reached for her again. "I will have you."

Kagome jumped back and swung the sword in front of her, slicing Naraku's hand off at the wrist. Naraku hissed.

"Bitch! Who do you think you are?" he snarled. Kagome snarled back, pointing the fang at his chest.

"I though about just killing you since you're nothing but a puppet, but now I think I'll send a message to the real you. Here it is: Death is coming, and I won't be merciful."

Kagome slammed the blade tip first into the ground, holding the hilt between her palms. She closed her eyes and whispered

"Magnificent Chaos."

++++++

Keni'Chi and Shorin stopped mid strike when the wind increased around them. It howled in a fury and seemed to come from the center of the field.

"What's going on, Shorin?" Keni'Chi asked, his orange and black streaked hair swirling in the wind. Shorin looked in the center of the field and gasped. Kagome stood in a field of multicolored energy, white feathers floating on the breeze around her. Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha stood a few feet away from her, watching her. Sesshoumaru's command suddenly rang in Shorin's ears.

'Remove the humans! Head for the trees!'

Shorin grabbed Keni'Chi and ran for Miroku and Sango. She grabbed Miroku as Keni'Chi scooped up Sango and they raced for the safety of the trees as a streak of red and a blur of white dashed ahead of them. They reached the trees as a blast of energy went off behind them, sending youkai into the air by the thousands.

They howled as they made contact with the ball of energy around them, turning to purified dust. The remains fluttered to the ground like gray snow, but still the energy remained. The energy shifted between powers, three Sesshoumaru recognized as the Tenseiga, the Tetsusaiga and Kagome's purification.

The fourth was amazing; nearly perfect in its will to do as its wielder desired. The feathers propelled toward them, shielding them from the fifth power: the blue that was so alien even Kagome wasn't sure what to do with it. Sesshoumaru watched as it focused on one spot in the clearing as the entire field shielded in energy. The Tenseiga and Tetsusaiga's energies died first, then the purification shrank back into the middle of the clearing. As the feathers dropped to the ground, everyone but Sesshoumaru gasped.

****

SF: I could be a real bitch and stop right here, but….I guess I'll keep going. ^.^

****

There in the clearing were two miracles. One was Rin, who was slowly standing to her feet. She gazed up at the other miracle, the creature behind her.

"Are you Kagome-onee-chan?" she asked before looking behind it. "Sesshoumaru-sama!" Rin squealed, running with her arms outstretched to the taiyoukai. Sesshoumaru stood still as Rin hugged his knee, patting her head gently.

"Where is onee-chan?" she asked. Sesshoumaru jerked his chin forward as Inuyasha spoke up.

"That's her, I think."

*Kagome turned around, dragging the tip of the giant fang through the dirt in a semi-circle. She stared at them, her azure eyes glittering in the sunlight. The wings, twice the size of Sesshoumaru in his true form, stretched and twitched in the breeze, her silver white hair flaring in the air behind her.* Kagome watched them as they stood there watching her, and smiled.

"Is Rin o. k.?" she whispered, her voice like ice cream on a summer day. Sesshoumaru nodded.

"Good, because I don't think I can do that again."

She crumpled to the ground in a pool of white. Sesshoumaru sent a mental note for Shorin to restrain Inuyasha as he picked her up. Kagome still held the fang, only now it was three swords again. He returned the Tetsusaiga to Inuyasha and sheathed the Tenseiga.

The third sword he didn't recognize. The hilt of the sword was made of silver, with an engraving of a praying Immortal miko on the blade of the sword. Sesshoumaru reached around Kagome's waist for the sheath, and found that it had changed as well. Instead of the shabby leather, it was now a solid black, hard as stone, with kanji inscription. Sesshoumaru held it closer, reading the script.

'Reioseiga: To Protect.'*

Sesshoumaru lowered it back to its place as a winged youkai landed in front of him. Inuyasha and the others moved in front of Sesshoumaru to protect their fallen comrade when he spoke.

"I do not intend to harm her. I wish to tell her protector something."

"Speak," Inuyasha barked. The youkai glared at him through cold blue eyes, then looked over his shoulder at Sesshoumaru.

"You know what the swords mean?" he asked, his voice like thunder.

"I do."

"If I had known when your father placed the sword in my chambers, I would have never agreed to it. I would have cast the sword into the volcano rather than allow her to end up in your hands. A youkai, meant to protect humans, mated to a youkai whose only intention is to destroy them? Preposterous."

The youkai sighed, his gaze flickering to Kagome before returning his cold stare to Sesshoumaru. "What is done cannot be undone, but hear this: she does not know what she is, nor does she know how to use what she has. It will be painful when she comes into herself, but do not warn her."

"What's this about mating Sesshoumaru?" Inuyasha interrupted.

The youkai scowled, his glacier blue eyes narrowed in disgust. "You tempt me, hanyou. Do not interrupt again."

Inuyasha growled dangerously, but kept to himself. The youkai nodded. "I know what is best. If you tell her, you will scare her and do more harm than good."

He turned to leave, his wings stretching to fly away when he looked back.

"If you hurt her taiyoukai, this Narasa will make you pay."

The youkai flew away before Sesshoumaru or the others could comment. It was then they noticed that Kagome was back to normal, the wings gone and the white hair back to its original ebony strands. Shorin lead the way out of the clearing, feathers floating around them as they made their way to Kaede's village.

--------

SF: Because I promised, I'm going to give you the low down on the swords. It's as follows:

Tenseiga: Life Renewed + Tetsusaiga: Destruction + Reioseiga: To Protect + Tosusaiga: A Ripple in Still Waters