InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unexpected Encounter ❯ Unexpected Encounter ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sess/Kag
 
 
As Kagome suddenly realized that the love that she had for that certain white haired, dog-eared boy wouldn't be returned, she had to get away. Being that they were too far from the well, she ran deeper into the forest never to return again. Running for hours with a stream of tears rolling down her face, she suddenly tripped over a tree root and collapsed for lack of energy.
 
 
Walking through the forest in the drizzle that had suddenly started, Rin had just completed a crown of sunflowers for her dear Sesshomaru to wear. As Sess brought up the rear with that toad man glued to his side, he allowed his adoptive child to adorn him with the little tiara. Unexpectedly Sesshomaru detected a familiar scent that was strangely not adorned with another.
 
As Rin unexpectedly ran off in the direction of the scent sesshomaru lackadaisically followed to make sure she would not be harmed.
 
 
As the shower began to intensify, he walked upon the body of his brother's shard-detector. Realizing that she was alone he wondered what his brother could've done to lose one that he seemed to care so much for. Not that he cared much about the girl, he decided to take her with them, knowning that Rin would be upset had he done otherwise.
 
 
Upon entering the castle that he called home, he had his staff of “faithful” human servants draw her a bath. Following them toward the bathhouse he carefully stripped Kagome of her clothing and placed her into the pool of warm water and perfumed oils. Not wanting to come into too much contact with the wretched human, he allowed his attendings to come and clear the girl of the disgusting stench of that pitiful hanyou.
 
Watching in amazement as her smooth creamy skin was slowly being cleaned, he wondered how he came into to contact with her in the first place. Had she and his half-brother gotten into another argument; or had she finally come to her senses and realized she needed to stop wasting her time following around a half-demon that couldn't have possibly protected her as he.
 
Apalled at the thought that had floated into his head that he possibly wanted to protect her, he promptly left the room and decided to make sure that everything was situated in her room. Not wanting the bitch to run away he decided to give her the room next to his so he could monitor her every move and make sure she could not run-away before he was able to question her. Deciding that she would rather be in a tan colored room than black, he called his maids to come and clean it up a bit.
 
After inspecting the room he promptly left watching his servants drag her down the hall toward the room he just occupied. Amazed that the girl was still asleep for so long, he thought that he should let her sleep for now and question her as soon as she was awake.
 
 
Groggily waking up to a head-splitting headache, Kagome didn't know what had happened let alone figure out where she was now. The last thing she remembered was that Inuyasha had pushed her away from him one too many times and she blacked out after tripping on her two clumsy feet. Finally being able to stand up on her wobbly legs she decided to go walk around and determine just exactly where she was.
 
Walking toward the door it suddenly made contact with her forehead. Landing hard on her butt she looked up to see an elderly woman with a worried looked in her eyes.
 
O miss Kagome, I'm terribly sorry for what I have done. Are you okay? As Kagome dumpfoundedly nodded her head yes the woman continued to say, Well let me help you up, and get you changed the Great Lord has been expecting you for some time now.
 
Before she could find any words to say, Kagome was yanked up and shoved toward a large closet with a copious amount of clothing inside. As the woman disrobed Kagome and put her in an elaborate kimono, that was black with many intricate designs of koi fish, she wondered whom exactly she was getting dressed for.
 
Not being able to ask who she was getting ready to meet for she was being dragged by the pretty well-built elderly lady, she decided to act calm and composed for whomever she was about to meet in a matter of moments.
 
 
As Kagome was being dragged to meet the “great lord”, she tried hard to figure out how in the world she had stumbled into such a luxurious castle. Thinking of Inuyasha, she wondered where he might he be.
 
Inuyasha, she remembered. Oh!
 
Pictures of her running into the forest ran threw her head.
 
She remembered Inuyasha and Kikyo in the forest…
 
…and their faces slowly inching closer to each other.
 
Kagome felt a lump start to develop in her throat, but before she could have time to get depressed again, the elderly woman had led her into a giant room with an enormous table filled with all kinds of foods, and a tall, familiar, elegant figure sitting a the head of the table.
 
“My Great Lord Sesshoumaru, your guest is ready to dine with you.”
 
Sesshoumaru!
 
“Hm, seems my brother's bitch has finally woken. Sit.” And she did.
 
Mouth watering at the food sitting in front of her but too nervous to touch anything, she sat quietly looking at her empty plate wondering what on Earth she should be doing. Suddenly Rin ran in jumping up and down next to Sesshomaru telling him of how she managed to torment jaken once again. Finally out of breath, the little girl noticed the new addition to the table. “O Kagome-chan you're finally awake!” instantly gluing herself to her friend the girl started stuffing her mouth with food while managing to get it all over the table.
 
Noticing that the girl was quite comfortable at the table, Kagome decided to get some of the food and eat it quietly as Rin continued to tell her of her latest adventures. Sesshomaru observing them this whole time finally dismissed Rin so that he could know why exactly this Kagome girl was in his house.
 
Getting straight to the point Sesshomaru frankly asked, “What has happened to my brother where you are wandering around the forest unattended?”
 
Not looking up she just stared blankly as the maid came and took away her plate. Getting irritated, Sesshomaru asked the question again less calmly and received the same answer, nothing.
 
Storming over to the girl irritated that she would dare ignore the Lord of the Western Lands he looked her in the eyes noses inches apart, “If I have to ask this question one more time, I'll have to use Tenseiga on you. Don't think about lying either, I can tell when you're lying.”
 
Knowing a threat when she hears one Kagome reluctantly tells him the truth. Barely managing to keep her voice from cracking Kagome feebly admits, “while I was returning from the hot springs I heard Inuyasha's voice. Wondering whom he would be talking to in the middle of the forest I went to see what he was doing. As I approached him I noticed Kikyo standing nearby and I didn't want to get too close. The next thing I know I see them leaning their heads in kissing each other passionately as they slowly make their way toward the ground. I couldn't bear seeing anymore so I ran away, tripped, then woke up in your castle.”
 
 
 
Sesshoumaru's ice cold gaze never changed as Kagome told her story nor when she was finished. He just stared at her for a while. After an awkward silence between them, Sesshoumaru finally spoke.
 
“Rin, take Kagome to one of the rooms and help her get settled.”
 
“Yes, Lord Sesshoumaru!” Rin chirped happily. She seemed happy the human girl was going to stay.
 
Gaining some courage from the fear of staying with Sesshoumaru any longer, Kagome stood from her seat and spoke to him square in the face. “I don't think it would be a good idea if I stayed here...” she spoke, her voice a little shaky from the intimidation of going against Sesshoumaru's wishes.
 
Sesshoumaru turned away from Rin's direction and faced Kagome, which caused her to shrink back somewhat.
 
He looks a lot scarier close up, she thought.
 
Sesshoumaru's face became sterner, which Kagome didn't think was possible, and he frowned.
 
“I didn't ask you if you thought it was a good idea,” he said, sending shivers up Kagome's spine. She recoiled a bit more from him.
 
“One of the servants will inform you of when all of the meals will be served and where the bathhouse is.” With that, Sesshoumaru turned and left the giant dining hall.
 
Rin seemed to cheer up even more when she had Kagome to herself. “Come on, Kagome! I'll show you to one of the rooms!”
 
“Th…Thanks Rin.” Kagome's stubborn instincts told her to follow Sesshoumaru and tell him off for his rudeness to her. She'd never had anyone talk to her as low as he did. Yeah, Inuyasha wasn't the sweetest of creatures but he had never spoken to her like that before in that short amount of time. But, because Inuyasha was no longer with her, Kagome did feel a little scared about going into the feudal era all by herself and with the fact that she had no idea where she was at the moment lingering over her head, Sesshoumaru's offer did seem a bit appealing.
 
In all of her deep thoughts Kagome hadn't noticed the Rin was rambling on to her.
 
And, I also go on all of Lord Sesshoumaru's trips, too. He sometimes lets me Oh! Here! This can be your room Kagome!
 
Kagome entered the room the Rin had just showed her into and tried her hardest to keep her jaw from dropping on the floor. (desription)
 
I'll come and wake you up in the morning, okay? Then we can lots of fun! Goodnight! Rin cheerily said after getting Kagome settled in and closing the door behind her.
 
After giving the room another look around Kagome changed into the sleeping clothes that Rin had left behind for her and climbed into the massive bed.
 
Kagome's tired body let out a sigh of satisfaction. The bed felt so good.
 
I can't remember the last time I've slept in a real bed...
 
Kagome glanced across the room from her bed at the luxurious kimonos Rin had a servant bring in. They looked so expensive and beautiful, and to Kagome's surprise, she smiled at her surroundings. Here she was being treated like royalty in Sesshoumaru's castle no less! But the more she thought about it, the more she began to question her situation.
 
Why is Sesshoumaru being so kind to me? Well, not really all that kind but… charitable. He hates humans AND Inuyasha the most in this world and I'm related in both those categories. Why would he take me in and not leave me in the forest?
 
Through a few more minutes of questioning herself, Kagome came to a conclusion.
 
Maybe… Maybe Sesshoumaru's not all that bad. Maybe he's just… I don't know…Misunderstood. I really am glad that he's given me a place to stay and by judging from all of the clothes that were brought up for me, I'm going to be staying for quite a while…
 
Kagome glanced again over at her kimonos in the wardrobe across the room and snuggled into her gigantic bed and sighed because of her full stomach.
 
I think I could get used to this.
 
 
 
AN: So did you like it? This is our first fic and we don't know what we want to do with it. Please comment and help us out…