InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unlucky Doesn't Have To Mean Unlucky ❯ Unlucky Doesn't Have To Mean Unlucky ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer - I don't own any of the characters in Inuyasha
 
Prologue
September - 2007
It was the beginning of the end.
 
Of my life.
 
Today, I was to be married to none other than Inuyasha Takahashi.
 
The biggest jerk on the face of the planet.
 
And there wasn't a thing I could do about it.
 
One
July - 1995
“Mama!” A little girl, around five years old, yelled as she ran down the stairs. “Mama! Look what I've done!” She exclaimed proudly holding up what was supposed to be a picture of the little girl, her mum and her grandpa but just looked like a bunch of squiggles. “Look Mama! That's you!” She pointed to the purple squiggle with some brown squiggles on top of her `head'.
 
“Oh, honey! That's beautiful. The likeness is uncanny.” The girl's mother replied, beaming proudly. The little girl's smile got wider. Her mother picked her up. “Come on, we have guests. They're moving in next-door.”
 
“New neighbours?” The little girl asked. “Cool.”
 
Instead of leading her to the living room where most of the noise of people's voices were coming from, her mother took her into the back garden. She set her down on the grass.
 
It was then that the girl noticed a little boy about a year or two older than her sitting on the swing in her garden. He had long silver hair, golden eyes and two little dog ears on top of his head.
 
“Kagome, this is Inuyasha. Inuyasha, this is Kagome. Inuyasha and his family are moving in next door. I'll have to leave you two to play and go back to my guests. Play nicely.” Kagome's mother said as she walked back inside.
 
The two young children blinked at each other until Kagome's mother was no longer within earshot.
 
“I don't like you.” Inuyasha suddenly announced. “You're a girl. You have cooties. I know. I heard someone say girls had cooties.”
 
“I do not have cooties! You have boy germs!” Kagome replied back, a bit hurt to say the least.
 
About an hour or so later, the two children were called inside.
 
Standing in front of their families who looked at the two children, all of them - except a man who looked to be in his early twenties and looked like an older version of Inuyasha, only without the dog ears - smiled.
 
The two children smiled back, thinking that something good was going to happen.
 
Kagome's mother turned to - who Kagome assumed to be - Inuyasha's mother.
 
“So,” She started. “We're agreed. When Kagome turns seventeen, she and Inuyasha shall be married.”
 
Inuyasha and Kagome's mouths dropped open simultaneously.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
September - 2007
And so began my unlucky streak. And now, here I am. Standing in this gorgeous white dress, awaiting the wedding march to start so that I can walk down an aisle with a fake smile plastered on my face and marry some jerk who I don't even like!
 
My life sucks.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
January - 1999
“Ouch! Inuyasha, you meanie!” Kagome yelled as she walked to school. Inuyasha had been throwing snowballs at her, walking behind her the whole way so that he could continue to throw snowballs at her.
 
This one had happened to hit her on the back of the head.
 
Which hurt.
 
A lot.
 
Fighting the tears, Kagome sniffed slightly and continued walking to school, ignoring the silver-haired doggy-eared hanyou that was throwing snowballs at her.
 
And he just has to be in all my classes doesn't he? Just my luck!
 
Inuyasha had started school a year late and ended up being in all of Kagome's classes. Which, of course they were ecstatic about. What could be better than spending every single class at school with the person you hated most in the world, who also happened to be your fiancé?
 
Great.
 
Just frickin' great.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
September - 2007
And now the music has started.
 
Here goes nothing.
 
As I said.
 
It's the beginning of the end.
 
Of my life.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
March - 2003
“Inuyasha would you turn it down!? I can't hear myself think!!” A nearly thirteen year old Kagome yelled out of her window at her fourteen year old fiancé's window.
 
He appeared at the window. “Can I help you?” He asked calmly.
 
“Turn that…that…noise off! I can't hear myself think!”
 
“You…think? Well, that's new.”
 
“Grr!” Kagome fumed as she slammed her window shut. “That jerk!” She yelled to no-one in particular.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
September - 2007
Why am I so nervous about this?
 
It's Inuyasha for crying out loud!
 
But I suppose, I haven't seen him in four years.
 
And the first meeting we have after four years, we're saying “I do.”
 
My grandpa walks over and takes my arm. “You look beautiful.” He beams.
 
We start to walk down the aisle.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
May - 2003
“He's seriously moving?!” Kagome asked her mother. Her mother smiled sadly in response and nodded slowly. Kagome ran up the stairs to her room. The minute the door was closed, practically the whole neighbourhood could hear her yell “YES!!”
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
September - 2007
Halfway there.
 
Damn heels.
 
Why did I have to wear damn five inch stilettos?!
 
I tried asking if I could wear my trusty converse but the answer had been a flat out no.
 
I even asked if I could buy new white ones to go with the dress.
 
Another no.
 
Three-quarters of the way there.
 
And my feet hurt.
 
Crap.
 
`Maybe I was closer than I thought.' I think as I trip slightly on the step that's appeared out of nowhere.
 
I avoid looking at Inuyasha, as I turn to my grandpa. He kisses me on the cheek and then walks over to his seat and sits down.
 
I take my place in front of the priest and look down.
 
I'm dying to see what Inuyasha looks like after four years but I don't want to look.
 
The priest says something. Inuyasha says something. The priest says something else. Then all is quiet. I realise that this is where I am supposed to speak.
 
“I do.” I quickly say, looking up.
 
Big mistake.
 
Inuyasha has changed so much! His hair is still the same. His eyes and dog ears are still the same. But his face is more mature and handsome. And his suit is just emphasizing the fact that he has muscles.
 
The priest continues to speak and Inuyasha roughly grabs my hand and shoves the ring on. I glare at him and grab his hand, roughly shoving the other ring on his finger. Some people never change.
 
“I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.” Inuyasha and my eyes fly wide open.
 
I'd forgotten that little detail.
 
We stand there for God knows how long before Inuyasha mumbles something that sounds distinctly like “Better get this over with.” And he takes hold of me and hesitantly presses his lips to mine.
 
At first, I'm in complete and utter shock. I mean, this is Inuyasha for crying out loud! Gradually, though, I find myself getting used to the feel of his lips and my arms find themselves snaking around Inuyasha's neck.
 
I've no idea how long we kissed, but when we pulled away, we both blushed and looked away from each other.
 
Inuyasha takes hold of my hand and leads me down the aisle to the waiting limo.
 
To our honeymoon.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
August - 2003
Yes! Kagome thought as she stepped outside of her house.
 
Today was the day that Inuyasha was moving.
 
“Hey bitch! What the Hell are you smiling at?” Inuyasha yelled at her the minute he saw her.
 
“You're moving! I'm free!” Kagome said in a sing-song voice.
 
“Keh! Don't start celebrating. Four more years and we're married.” Kagome's smile instantly left her face.
 
“Inuyasha! Get the car honey!” Inuyasha's mother yelled from the car seat.
 
Inuyasha leaned forward, his mouth very close to Kagome's ear. “Four years.” He whispered huskily, making Kagome shiver, before getting in the car.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
September - 2007
The minute we're in the limo, Inuyasha yanks the bandana that had been covering his ears off of his head. “Damn bandanas. Hate the things.” He mumbles to himself.
 
For the fun of it, I decide to wind him up.
 
“Great!” I exclaim sarcastically. Inuyasha looks over at me with a bored expression on his face. “I just had to marry the one out of the family that talks to himself!”
 
“Hey bitch! You haven't seen me for four years so don't go judging me!”
 
“You still have no manners I see.”
 
“Hey!”
 
“And you're still aggressive.” Man, this is fun.
 
“I'm not aggressive!”
 
“Then what do you call that?” I ask sweetly.
 
“I…ju…er…um…” He trails off. I smile smugly.
 
“What the Hell are you smiling at bitch?”
 
“You.” Simple really, how easy it is to wind Inuyasha up.
 
“Why…you…” And suddenly, his lips are on mine.
 
My eyes go wide as he pushes me back against the seats but then, against my better judgement, I find my arms wrapping arms his neck and I'm kissing him back.
 
He nibbles at my lips before slipping his tongue into my mouth and, before either of us know it, we're making out on the back seat of the limo.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
October - 2006
“Come on now Kagome! We need to start with the preparations for your wedding.” Kagome's mother said in a cheery mood.
 
“What? Huh? Wedding?” Then it sunk in. “Oh…” The marriage between myself and that jerk. “Mum, seriously, do I have to marry Inuyasha? He's so annoying!”
 
“Yes honey, you have to marry Inuyasha.”
 
“Don't I get a say in who I want to marry? For one thing: I want to be in love when I get married!”
 
“I'm sorry honey. But we had agreed to this years ago. We can't back out now.” Kagome's mother sad sadly. She didn't want her daughter to be miserable.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
September - 2007
I find myself pulling away after God knows how long!
 
“I can't. We can't.” I manage to say.
 
“Why not? We're married.” Inuyasha replies, as if it should be obvious.
 
“I know but…you're a jerk.” There. I said it.
 
The limo comes to a stop and Inuyasha puts the bandana back on his head before stepping out of the car.
 
We're outside only the biggest, fanciest hotel in the whole country!
 
We go inside, get our key for the room - which happens to be the penthouse apartment - and step into the lift, all the while neither of us saying a word to each other.
 
The minute we're both alone inside the room and the door's closed, Inuyasha turns to me.
 
“So,” he begins in a husky voice, “I'm a jerk, am I?”
 
And he pounces on me.
 
Both of us land on the bed and our lips meet.
 
And without me even realising, I'm giving in.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh crap.
 
I look to my left.
 
Inuyasha is sleeping peacefully beside me.
 
And we're both naked.
 
I can't believe I have just gone and slept with Inuyasha Takahashi!
 
He is the most arrogant, stuck-up, egotistical, hot with cute dog ears…
 
Wait.
 
What?!
 
He makes a little noise in his sleep. I don't know how to describe it, but it was very cute…No! Don't think like that! This is Inuyasha for crying out loud!
 
But he looks so damn hot when he's asleep.
 
He looks so damn hot when he's awake too.
 
What has gotten into me?!
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Baths always calm me down, so I decide to have a bath.
 
It helps me forget my troubles.
 
Until I step out of the bathroom in nothing but a towel and see Inuyasha still in the bed.
 
Only, he's awake and he grins when he sees me in nothing but the towel.
 
“Don't get any ideas mister. We're not going to do anything.” I say in a monotonous tone.
 
“Oh, we've already done everything.” He says smugly. I turn bright red.
 
And then I do the most embarrassing thing ever.
 
I burst out crying.
 
I find myself sort-of falling to the floor - still holding my towel - and just letting the tears fall.
 
Inuyasha rushes over.
 
“No! Don't cry! Why are you crying?!” He says frantically.
 
“I don't love you!” I find myself yelling. And instantly realising it's not true. But I can't seem to stop what I'm saying. “I'm sorry. It's just, we hated each other as children and now we've been forced to marry each other! I wanted to be in love when I got married…” I trail off. “And I'm kinda guessing that you wanted to be in love when you got married too.”
 
He wipes away a new tear that escapes my eye. “Who says I wasn't in love?” He says quietly.
 
My head snaps up and my gaze meets his. “What?” I whisper.
 
“Who says I wasn't in love?” He repeats.
 
“Wait. Are you saying…what I think you're saying?”
 
He nods. “Sure am. I love you Kagome.”
 
“Re…really?”
 
“Yeah” He stands up and starts to walk over to the bathroom.
 
“Inuyasha?”
 
He stops. “Yeah?” He answers without turning around.
 
“I do love you. I was lying before. I just didn't know how you felt and I didn't want to make a fool of myself.”
 
He's at my side in an instant. “You wouldn't have made a fool of yourself.” He says and his lips meet mine in a deep, passionate kiss that's full of love.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End!
Hi! I know I'm supposed to be revising for my exams but this idea entered my head and I just had to write it down.
I am writing more for my other two stories `Untitled (For Just Now) and Untitled (At The Moment). I know. Exciting titles aren't they?
I will update more when my exams are finished.
I have two left. One on Monday and the other is the Tuesday after that.
Please review!!