InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Until One FateFul Day ❯ Koneko and Naraku: Side By Side? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2: Koneko and Naraku, Side by side.

Koneko gasped and, with a start, turned around. Only to see some goon in a bamboo cloak staring at her. At least, that’s what she called him in her head…..a goon, how fitting. Naraku stared at the wench, he had heard little about her, but, all the same, he thought they should get …to know each other...now.


Koneko stood up, while baring her teeth, and took a defensive stance. “Now, now settle down. I have not come to fight, merely to …..talk. You are Koneko Neko are you not?” ‘What an impudent wench,’ Naraku thought.


“Yes, I am she. Now who’re you, and whatcha want? If you can’t already, tell I’m a little busy! So get lost and come some other time, Idiot!” She reached for the knife in her pocket and pointed it at him. “Speak you insolent fool!”


“You should not talk to me so rudely. I am no mere demon, I am Naraku, I have a reason to interrupt your fight and an offer I think you shall gladly except.” All Koneko did was look at him like he was some third class dumb nut who wasn’t worth her time. In her head she was wondering, 'Who the heck is Naraku, never heard of'm!'


“Kagura!” With that there was a sudden burst of wind, and Koneko started to growl fiercly, rather loudly if I might be so kind as to add. It was quite an annoying sound. Kagura appeared by Naraku in a swift movement, placingher nowsmall, white leaf in her hair. “Yes?” Kagura really didn’t want to be there, she, of course, wanted to away from Naraku. Her voice showed her unwilling tolerance.


“Kagura will take your place in the fight while we discuss things.” Koneko straightened up and placed her small knife back in her pocket. She looked Kagura over and grimaced. “You expect me to allow HER to take MY place? Boy you must’ve fell and bumped your head. She don’t look like she’s much.”


Kagura glared at the girl and started to retaliate when Naraku cut in. “She’ll do fine. Your boys are strong, are they not? Put some faith in them and come.” After a moments hesitation and a short look back at the battle Koneko agreed.


“Good, Kagura!” With that Kagura vanished into the sky and started to head toward the battle field. “Now, follow me.” Naraku turned around and began to strut away. Koneko, though she didn’t like to be ordered around, followed.


And that is how Koneko Neko and Naraku would come to join forces.

---------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------

“Claws of steel!” Another demon fell at InuYasha’s hand. He was covered in blood, though thankfully not his own. The demons weren’t doing much damage. Nobody, except the demons of course, had yet been injured. Then Kagura made her appearnce.


InuYasha had sheathed the Tetsusaiga long ago, but when Kagura appeared he immediately unsheathed it and pointed it in her direction. “Kagura!” Kagome gasped as her eyes layed to rest on Kagura. “What do you want, Kagura?” Sango, with Hirakotsu in hand, questioned.


Miroku pointed his hand, the one with the wind tunnel of course, in Kagura’s direction. Shippou jumped on Kagome’s left shoulder and quivered in fear…Sigh…


“Now, now InuYasha for once I have not come to fight!” She didn’t want to help InuYasha, but she didn’t want to help Naraku more. Of course, why would she? InuYasha’s eyes slitted, and he glared at her. Of course, why would HE trust HER?


“This Koneko Neko woman is with Naraku now! They’re acquainting while we speak. I’m not sure, but I think Naraku plan’s to exploit her power for his own use! Be warned InuYasha! I didn’t plan to help you, nor fight you! If you can stop Naraku, then do it!” With that she flew away. She wasn’t sure whether or not InuYasha could truly defeat Naraku, but for now she had no choice but to hope.


The Inu gang was a little taken aback at what Kagura had said. But they didn’t have much time to ponder at it as more hoards of demons bombarded them. “How many of these damn things are there!” InuYasha growled in frustration.


Then he heard Kagome’s scream. And when he turned around she was gone.

------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------------

A/N: Yet another chapter I hate. Either this chapter really sucks (-.-) or I’m just really self critical. I’ll leave it you all to decided. And you can tell what you think in your reviews. (Hint, Hint, Wink, Wink, .)

By the way I know I said this chapter would be extra long (Um?) well, it wasn’t…sorry. Please don’t hurt me! Cowers in fear

I’ve been typing all day (Mostly on email chatting with my friends, but that’s another story. Back to the point. I promise other chapters will be longer. Usually, or at least in some of my past stories, each chapter (not including the first, like, 5 chapters) were, and usually are, at least a good 12 to 17 pages long…..

I think the whole thing with KAgura and InuYasha was lame and out of character on Kagura's part, but oh well...

PLEASE REVIEW!

SesshouMaru: Yes, listen to my wife and review!

Koneko (The me Koneko not the one from my story): ah, shucks honey! Thanx!

What? A girl can dream……

REVIEW! REVIW! PLEASE REVIEW! REVIEW! REVIEW! PLEASE REVIEW!