InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Untitled ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Okay guys I know I said I would update WIHL first but then I found half of this chapter which I forgot existed and I decided to try and finish this first. WIHL is on its way though so don't give up hope on me.
 
 
Untitled (for now): Chapter Two
 
After fixing her an after school snack and situating her daughter in front of the television Kagome slowly made her way into the next room with a sense of impending doom. As she closed the door behind her, the only thing running through her mind was how in the world was she going to keep her ex-husband from murdering her with their child in the next room and if, ifshe convinced him to let her live how was she then going to convince him to let him keep her. When she managed to surface from her thoughts she realized that he was only about ten feet away. She took in a shaky breath, trying desperately to find her courage but failing miserably. All she found was fear. Fear of what Sesshoumaru would do now that he knew of their daughter. Legally he had rights and even if he didn't he could make her look bad for running away with their daughter if he took her to court. That was a big if because she knew that if she did not comply with his wishes he would take her baby from her. She turned away from him as the enormity of the situation washed over her. She could lose everything.
 
She felt his presence behind her come closer and she trembled in fear but didn't turn around.
 
“Look at me.” He said it softly but she could still hear the anger in his voice. She shook her head in answer.
 
“I said look at me Kagome, I won't ask again.” She turned and faced him slowly met his eyes, flinching at the barely leashed anger and surprising flicker of hurt but that quickly vanished. She opened her mouth to speak but shut it again quickly as he took a menacing step forward and then another. For every step he took towards her, Kagome took one step back until she was pressed against a wall with him towering over her. He placed both of his hands on either side of her face, bracing himself against the wall, trapping her. She tried to shrink away but the hard surface of the wall behind her and Sesshoumaru's hard body in front of her gave her no room to escape. Even though she was practically paralyzed with fear she could still feel her body reacting to his. Her nipples tightened, her heart rate increased and her breath came in short gasps. Her throat was dry and she felt herself beginning to get weak with need. She almost forgot to be afraid so strong were the sensations that he created within her. It had always been that way ever since the day they first met and he knew it, reveled in it.
 
“How dare you!” he growled angrily in her ear effectively snapping her out of her daze. She whimpered and began to speak. “I—”
 
“No!” he yelled cutting her off. “I don't want to hear it! You have no excuse for keeping my daughter from me. My God! What were you thinking? You were about to marry another man and give him my child. Did you think I wouldn't find out?” he turned away from her in disgust afraid that he would strike her in his anger. How could she have done this to him?
 
“I don't know what to say.”
 
He whirled to face her. “You don't know what to say? I'll tell you what to say when you call up that boy. You're going to tell him that you're very sorry that you have to break off your engagement but you decided to come home with me and try to make things work for the sake of our child.”
 
Her mouth fell open in shock and she could barely close it. “You can't mean that Sesshoumaru.”
 
“Oh you bet your sweet ass I meant every word I just said querida. I wasn't planning on letting you go before but I sure as hell am not going to now. After you break things off with him we're going to tell our daughter that I am her father as I suspect she doesn't have a clue who I am and then we're going home. By the way what did you tell her about me?”
 
Kagome couldn't even answer the question. There were so many thoughts running through her mind and not all of them logical. She couldn't decide if she was more surprised that he thought her ass was “sweet” or that he called her beloved.
 
“Kagome?” he asked again. “What did you tell her about me?”
 
She froze again and he took a threatening step towards her again. “She thinks that you're in heaven!” she blurted out effectively stopping Sesshoumaru in his tracks but increasing his ire even more. “She thinks I'm dead? You told her I'm dead!”
 
“Shh, Shh, Shh…don't yell; she's right upstairs.” Kagome whispered in hushed tones. “What the hell do you expect me to do but yell?” he whispered furiously. “My child thinks I'm dead! Why didn't you tell me? Was I such a horrible husband that you had to hide her from me?”
 
“Sess—”
 
“I loved you. I didn't deserve this and neither did she. You are going to call Hojo right now and tell him it's over. He can pick up his ring later.”
 
“I can't do that Sesshoumaru. Hojo and I are getting married in a week. I can't give him back his ring now. You can visitation rights. I won't stop you from visiting her as much as you want.” She pleaded hoping he would understand and have mercy. Instead he laughed in her face. “If you think that I'm going to stand by and watch some other live in the same house with my daughter, raise my daughter and sleep with my wife, you are sadly mistaken. When I go back to my home, my wife and my child are going to be with me. We are going to be a family whether you like it or not. If you don't do what I say, I will take you to court and sue you for bigamy and custody of our daughter.”
 
Her face paled. It was just as she feared but she had to fight it. “Sesshoumaru you can only sue for bigamy if we were still married and we're not and judges don't like to separate children from there mothers.”
 
He smiled; an evil, menacing smile. “When I tell that judge what a slut you were when we were married he won't hesitate to give custody to me and as for bigamy well, the judge never signed our divorce papers. Isn't it amazing what kind of favors money can buy?”
 
“You're lying! I don't believe; I can't still be married to you, I can't.” she sank to the floor in despair, silent tears running down her face, mumbling, “It can't be…” over and over again. Sesshoumaru knelt beside and took a handkerchief from his pocket and silently dried her tears. She looked at him through wide, red-rimmed, blue eyes.
 
“Why are you doing this? Why won't you leave me alone?”
 
“I will never leave you Kagome, nor forsake you. That's what I said to you in our wedding vows and I meant every word. You are mine and I will never let you go.”
 
“You think I'm a slut, why would you still want me. Let me go, please. Just leave me alone.” She begged.
 
“Never; I was wrong for leaving alone so much back then. I can see why you turned to Kouga but I won't make that mistake again. I forgive you what you did back then but let me make this clear if I ever find you in another man's arms again I will kill you.”
 
“I never cheated on you with Kouga. When you saw us he was just comforting me, I was upset.”
 
“I don't give a flying—he was kissing you. You can't deny it.”
 
HE CAUGHT ME OFF GUARD!” she shouted in exasperation.
 
“Now who's yelling?” he said amusedly.
 
She just shook her head and went silent. “Face it Kagome. There is no escape for you. Believe me when I say it will be less painful in the long run if you do what I say. You don't have a choice.”
A/N: Well guys this is the second chapter of Untitled. It took forever for it to get here but its here. Another chapter of both WIHL and Untitled will hopefully be coming soon. Read and Review; NO FLAMES!