InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Violation of Honor ❯ Chapter 39 – Celebration of the Future ( Chapter 39 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Violation of Honor

By Rinseternalsoul

**Disclaimer: I can only dream of having the money that Rumiko Takahashi makes off of her anime, Inuyasha. Me? I’m just a non-profit fanfiction author who adores the show and loves to write smut.

 

Chapter 39 – Celebration of the Future

A/N: So very sorry this chapter has been long in coming. Risa and I have been overwhelmed with things lately.

Thank you, Risa for your hard work on this chapter! I know that you have been overly busy with school starting back and I really appreciate you making time for 'Violation of Honor'.

Enjoy!


 

"Inuyasha! Watch ou..." Saya cried in dismay—futilely—as her husband stumbled over a potted plant and fell on his bum. She shook her head in bewilderment and tried not to laugh. It was quite an effort to hold it in, and she hoped that he wouldn't blame her for the leak of mirth that escaped through her tightly clamped lips. To end her warning—though obviously it would do no good—Saya weakly muttered, "...out."

Inuyasha reacted as any young male in such a state of humiliation would. He jumped up, red faced, and turned on the poor, hapless vegetation with a vengeance. When the plant, its thick clay pot, and several heaps of rich soil were scattered and dying, Inuyasha turned back to his wife and forced a crooked smile.

"Stupid idiots shouldn't have put it there."

Saya giggled and shook her head. "Inuyasha, what shall I do with you?"

Inuyasha grinned happily, before wiping his filthy hands on the hakama of his finely sewn kimono. With a playfully lascivious twitch of dark eyebrows, he leaned in and said, "I've got an idea or two." He enjoyed the blush of understanding that swept over her pretty face, and then he brushed the shell of her ear with his lips and whispered, "I'll give you a hint, woman. It's what got you in this condition to begin with."

Saya gasped and playfully pushed his arm. "Stop it Inuyasha, before someone overhears you!"

"Unfortunately, the warning comes too late."

Inuyasha turned to face Sesshomaru. "Well, well, the lord of the castle has come to greet his brother."

"Wrong again, Inuyasha. This Sesshomaru has come to save his future nephew from your bumbling follies." To emphasize his statement, the taiyoukai simultaneously took Saya's arm and glared down toward the ruined clay pot.

"You should watch where you set your girly decorations," Inuyasha returned defensively.

"Hn. Had you been watching where you were going, little brother, in lieu of staring at your lovely wife, then perhaps you could refrain from stumbling about this Sesshomaru's patio like an imbecile."

"Why you...I ought to..."

"Lord Sesshomaru, where is Kagome? Is she nervous about her big day?"

Inuyasha recognized his wife's stealthy diversion of his temper, but decided it wasn't worth the effort to argue with Sesshomaru. In fact, he didn't think that there was much that could shake Sesshomaru today. He looked unflappable.

"Regrettably, Kagome has sequestered herself in her room's since the previous evening. Something to do with tradition and not seeing the bride before the wedding. I am currently unaware of her present state of mind."

"Who the hell are you kidding?" Inuyasha laughed. "You know everything that goes on in this place. You probably know what color fundoshi Jaken is wearing today."

Inuyasha easily deflected the icy glare of death that Sesshomaru sent his way and grinned at his newfound ability to tease his brother without getting maimed. Having a big brother was kind of fun.

Sesshomaru cleared his throat, ignoring Inuyasha's barb, though he had to admit—if only to himself—that his little brother knew him better than most. "I am told that Kagome is nervously preparing for the ceremony, occasionally snapping at her matron of honor, and threatening to strangle the wedding planner."

Inuyasha chuckled and followed Sesshomaru and Saya into the great hall. "So Ayame is still among the living? I guess Kouga is happy about that. I was wondering what the hell Kagome was thinking by letting Ayame plan her wedding. Those mangy wolves are useless."

"Hn. The wolf is faring worse than either female. It is not easy to mediate an argument between ones mate and an infuriated miko."

Sesshomaru pulled them into the lushly decorated room, filled with thousands of white flowers of nearly every variety known to Japan. Among the bouquets were sprinkled brilliant patches of red, which both added to the exquisite splendor and remained in keeping with Sesshomaru's symbolic colors. High above, swaths of vibrant red silk dipped and flowed through the vaulted ceiling, tied here and there in bountiful bows of white ribbon.

What caught Inuyasha's eye—and nose—right from the start was the magnificent spread of food just waiting for someone to dig in. Even as his nose began to lead him directly toward an entire table full of perfectly formed Komochi Manjyu—a yummy sweet rice pastry filled with delicious surprise fillings capable of bringing him as near to orgasmic release as he was likely to ever get beyond the position between Saya's satin smooth thighs.

Inuyasha sniffed deeply. His feet were leading him in that direction. He could almost taste them.

"Um..." Saya murmured worriedly, trying to think of the best way to warn Inuyasha's brother of the catastrophe waiting to happen. Sweet memories of the day Inuyasha took her to 'their spot' and proposed marriage flooded her mind. He had spread out a beautiful picnic lunch. Unfortunately, when she opened the basket there was nothing left but crumbs.

She had agreed to marry him anyway.

Deciding that a direct approach—in the name of time—might be best, Saya cleared her throat and said, "Lord Sesshomaru, I think that Kagome might be really mad if Inuyasha makes it to that Komochi Manjyu before any of the guests have a chance to try it."

He was there one second and the next there was nothing but a gentle breeze. Saya blinked once and glanced back to Inuyasha. Immensely impressed with the taiyoukai's speed, she then watched the inevitable confrontation unfold.

"Inuyasha."

The sweet smell of vulnerable delicacies was abruptly interrupted by the familiar stink of his damn interfering brother. Inuyasha opened his eyes and glared at Sesshomaru. The bastard was standing in between him and his prey. He growled. Sesshomaru growled back, adding a snarl beneath eyes that flashed eerily red. Inuyasha considered his chances. They were, unfortunately, slim. Not only would getting through Sesshomaru prove painful, but Saya would kill him afterward. Even that could not compare to what Kagome would do to him. There wouldn't be a bone in his body left intact after she finished 'sitting' him into next year.

Sadly enough, Inuyasha was forced to admit that it was Sesshomaru that brought him to his senses.

With a begrudgingly performed smile fueled with embarrassment, Inuyasha conceded the battle. "Thanks. I got a little carried away."

"Hn. You will do nothing today that will endanger the enjoyment of this Sesshomaru's wedding night."

Inuyasha laughed and pointed his finger. "You're just afraid that you won't get laid!"

Sesshomaru swept past him in a brush of pearlescent hair and soft silk, his back erect and his chin tilted just slightly, giving him a thoroughly arrogant supremacy that offered any observer no question of his alpha status. "Just remember, little brother, that my pain will be your pain. Do anything to upset my mate and it will be taken out in blood."

"Don't get your sword in a hitch. I won't ruin your fun."

By this time Saya had waddled up to them and reached out to pinch Inuyasha on the underside of his arm. He yelped at the sting and jumped away from his wife. "Gods, woman! What the hell are you doing?"

"Inuyasha, what did I tell you before we got here? I warned you not to eat all of the reception food. What did you do? Right away you went for that table like a man possessed."

Inuyasha whined while furiously rubbing the spot where she pinched him. Hell, who needs a subjugation spell? All Saya had to do was pinch him in that spot and he was willing to do anything to get her to stop. "I'm sorry, honey. You know I didn't mean..."

"Hey guys! I'm so glad you made it!"

Immediately putting her exasperation aside, Saya smiled. "Shippo, it is wonderful to see you again!"

"What's up, runt?"

"Watch it, Inuyasha. I'm almost as big as you. One day you will think twice about picking on me."

"That'll be the day," Inuyasha grunted with a smirk.

"Konnichiwa, everyone."

The group currently gathered in the ornately decorated hall turned to greet Rin. She was wearing an elaborately decorated green kimono that complemented the one Shippo had on to the very finest detail. Saya was so happy to see them...and they matched! "Aw! You are a couple! You look so kawaii!"

Rin blushed and Saya was pretty sure that Shippo did too, but he made a gallant effort to turn away as if he spotted an interesting quirk on the far wall. Saya laughed happily. It was good to be here with friends. It was great to have friends at all. She never realized before how much she had been sheltered from the world outside of her uncle's kimono shop. Since meeting Kagome, her life had changed more than she could have dreamed possible.

"Domo, Saya-chan," Rin replied. "You look lovely, as well."

Shippo's eyes grew wide when he looked down at Saya's bulging waist. "Wow, Kagome told me, but until I saw you with my own two eyes it was hard to believe!" Shippo smiled and shook his head slowly from side to side. He turned to Inuyasha and said, "May the Gods help us all, Inuyasha is going to be a father!"

Inuyasha couldn't decide whether to punch Shippo for making him the focus of his joke or poke his chest out proudly, because in truth, he was extremely proud to soon be a father. It made him think of his own father and how the famed taiyoukai must have felt the day that he learned that Lady Izayoi was going to give him child. Had his father felt this same elation? Had he felt such a sense of pride? Inuyasha could not imagine it any other way. How could any male be anything but exhilarated—and scared to damn death—to learn that the woman he loves is going to birth his child?

Inuyasha stood to his full height and puffed his chest out like the proud papa that he was. He pulled Saya's round little body up into the crook of his arm and displayed his virility to all those gathered around. He was a hanyou, Saya human. Together, their child would be a diluted version of his own great and terrible demon father. He did not care. He was proud and he would love it just the same.

It was then that Inuyasha knew, with certainty that his father felt the same way when he learned Izayoi was pregnant with his child. Hanyou or human, as long as the child is conceived in love, the nature of the offspring makes no difference.

"You are right, Shippo. I will be a father in less than four months. He will be the strongest boy in our village!"

Saya smiled and patted Inuyasha's hand. "Or the prettiest girl."

"No one will be prettier than our Kameyo."

Everyone turned to see Miroku approaching. In his arms he held a pretty little girl, shyly peeking about at her surroundings. On one side clung Haru and the other Hoshu. Shippo couldn't help laughing when Hoshu, or Haru, pulled his finger up and stuck it firmly inside of his nose.

His amusement did not go unnoticed by another, previously overlooked, child that had been hiding behind Miroku's back. Four year old Chitose carefully peered around his father with wide-eyed curiosity. The twins saw this as an opportunity to introduce him to his surroundings. In a flash they each latched onto an arm and dragged their younger brother out of hiding.

"Hello there, Chitose," Saya cooed. Come out and say hello to us. Chitose emphatically shook his head and then his arms. Once he gained his freedom he raced back to the safety of his father's billowing robes.

"I'm not sure what I am going to do with him. He refuses to speak and he is profusely shy."

"Just give him time." Everyone turned to Sesshomaru who had until that moment been a silent observer. "Rin suffered the same malady when she was very young," he added, to alleviate their concern.

Miroku smiled brightly and reached down to pat young Chitose on the head. "Domo gozaimasu, Lord Sesshomaru. Knowing that he will probably overcome it certainly eases my mind."

It’s odd that he should be participating in this rather mundane talk of children and family. It seemed only yesterday that he was a solitary creature with nothing more important in his life than building his empire. Strange how things had changed. First he allowed Jaken to follow him, and then he found his little Rin—or rather, she found him. When Kagome was delivered to him by the grace of his ancestors, Sesshomaru could not imagine life being more complete.

Kagome had already become his mate and today she would become his bride. The human custom of marriage excited her and in turn it excited him. She had spent hours telling him of the different customs from her time. It was mind boggling to consider the marriage options. Here, things were simple and he was relieved that his little mate decided to keep it that way.

The wedding itself was to be preformed by a Shinto priest. It had taken some persuasion to convince the human to perform the ceremony. Sesshomaru declined to inform Kagome of the level of convincing that he was forced to issue, but the outcome was acceptable as the little man had finally agreed to marry a miko and a demon.

It was a good thing. Sesshomaru would have not enjoyed razing the priest's village to the ground.

Anything for Kagome.

In this, he had his carpenters construct a shrine for his miko mate. The ceremony would take place there and Kagome could forever use it as a place of worship. He had to admit, it had turned out beautifully and Kagome loved it.

He missed her. She had only been away from him one night and already he felt the loss. He was anxious to get the wedding underway. They could be reunited and then spend the evening together doing all the things that he dreamed about the previous night. It had been hell sleeping without her. A useless and unproductive night. After tossing and turning, he had finally drifted off only to dream of Iku' tortured screaming. It was the first time that he had experienced a night terror since bringing Kagome to the Western Citadel. Even now it sent a chill up his spine.

Forcefully pushing the disturbing thoughts away, Sesshomaru focused on the present. His guests were arriving in a timely manner. Jaken had been escorting some of them to rooms, where they deposited their belongings and freshened up. The reception ceremony was prepared. The food smelled delightful and the atmosphere was jovial.

"Lord Sesshomaru! It is time! Milord, it is time to join the priest at the shrine!"

Sesshomaru turned to Jaken, who had donned a black kimono for the occasion. Sesshomaru nodded and followed his retainer to the door. The party filed out of the main hall and began a trek toward the shrine. Uchuu and Sumiho met them as they stepped out of the door. Sesshomaru greeted the only being that he could truly call his friend. "Uchuu."

Uchuu was not so stoic and certainly not so formal. He gave Sesshomaru a hearty pat on his back. "Sesshomaru! You old dog. You are finally going to say the vows, huh? It's a big step, you know."

"This Sesshomaru has been mated to Kagome for the past six months. This ceremony is merely a human consideration that will appease my mate."

"Don't give me that shit. I know you're nervous. Hell, who wouldn't be? I mean, to you, Kagome has been as good as wed, but to her this is the real thing. From now on out she owns you." Uchuu added with a chuckle.

Surprisingly, Sesshomaru took the teasing well. In fact, he decided to confirm Uchuu's words. "I have belonged to Kagome since the day she tried to free me with an earbob."

Uchuu laughed in memory. "Yeah, that was comical. She was so determined. I hated to tell her that it wouldn't work."

"As did I, my friend." Sesshomaru gestured to the group behind him. "Won't you join us? We are on our way to the shrine."

As Uchuu fell in line with the procession, walking beside of Sesshomaru, he said, "I still can't believe you constructed a human shrine on your grounds."

"And why wouldn't I? Kagome is, as you recall, a miko."

"I don't know, it just seemed...uncanny, having a Shinto shrine built amongst a city of youkai."

"I think it is wonderful," Sumiho added dreamily. "He loves her enough to do anything to make her happy."

Sesshomaru ignored the feminine sigh of appreciation and continued toward his goal down the village main thoroughfare. His people, excited and cheering came out of their businesses and homes to wish him good tidings. He gave a nod of acknowledgment and carried on while the well wishers fell in line, curious to see their lord wed in the human way.

"Hey, Sesshomaru...are all these people going to be at the reception?"

Sesshomaru looked over his shoulder at his younger brother who sounded a little worried. "Yes. Why?"

"Damn. I'm going to be pissed if there is not enough food."

Sesshomaru shook his head, ignoring any further ranting by Inuyasha. As unbelievable as it seemed, the boy's appetite had increased with Saya's pregnancy, almost as if it were he carrying the babe.

"Lord Sesshomaru, Lord Sesshomaru! I have made it at last!"

Sesshomaru stopped in his tracks, only long enough to pick Myoga the flea from his nose and squish the pest between his fingers. After a satisfying pop, Sesshomaru flicked him away and continued down the path.

"Ohh....the pain," Myoga groaned as he floated on the wind. Inuyasha took pity on him and snatched him up. "Just where the hell have you been?" Myoga coughed and choked, then popped back to his normally round form. "What? No proper greeting from my master?"

Inuyasha grunted. "Now why would I do that? The last time we saw you was just before the battle with Asuza. You are such a coward!"

"I cannot believe that you said that! Master Inuyasha, I am a faithful servant. I would never desert you in your time of need!"

"Save it. We all know how you are."

"Fine. Then I shall be on my way."

"Oh no you don't. You are here and you are going to suffer through this ceremony thing with the rest of us."

"How is Lady Kagome, anyway?" I hear that she is faring well here at the Citadel."

Inuyasha chuckled. "She's keeping Sesshomaru straight, if that is what you mean." He ignored the grunt from his brother.

"And you, master Inuyasha, I have heard the most amazing thing." Myoga looked from Inuyasha to Saya and grinned widely. "I see that the rumors are true! You have taken a mate, and even now have a young one on the way!"

"Yep. It's going to be a boy. He's going to be powerful and ready to fight as soon as he arrives!"

"Inuyasha," Saya chastised. "Our child will be a babe for quite awhile."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. I'm going to train him to hold a sword as soon as he greets the first day."

Sesshomaru could not resist the potential for a barb. "What Inuyasha means, is that soon there will be not one, but two barbarians swinging swords wildly about."

Saya muffled a giggle, but Uchuu did not bother. He gave a good snort of laughter and clapped his hand on his leg. "I consider myself forewarned!"

"Laugh it up. My boy will be kicking both your asses before this century is up."

"Will you put your money where your mouth is, Lord Inuyasha?"

Inuyasha snatched up Myoga by the collar and dangled the little flea in front of his glaring amber eyes. "Just what the hell do you mean by that?"

Uchuu laughed even harder than before. "I believe he means to take your money, Inuyasha!"

Inuyasha growled at Uchuu, going on the defensive, but before he could follow through he bumped into Sesshomaru's back. He looked up to see what the hell caused the big oaf to stop so suddenly when he spotted her. Kagome looked...amazing.

Sesshomaru was riveted, completely unaware of anything save the vision of loveliness standing so pertly across the courtyard. She was preparing to make her wedding march—the march that would bring her to him where he would make her his wife. Even from this distance, Sesshomaru could see how exquisite she appeared in the traditional wedding kimono. It hugged her curves yet demurely hid tempting bits that made him long to remove the soft flowing material from her.

She insisted on white. Although it was not customary to wear a solid white kimono, Kagome said that she thought to combine a little of the western world tradition as well as his regalia colors. The snow white of the gown was broken at her narrow waist by a thick red obi that tied intricately at the back. The trail, a flowing length of fabric that lay rippling and spread about her feet, was embroidered with a delicate red outline of floral patterns

Kagome's thick mass of silky dark hair was drawn up into an elegant coif and fixed in place with a comb adorned with sparkling rubies and perfectly formed pearls. She had forgone the Tsuno Kakushi, saying that the traditional headdress was ridiculous for her. She had no intention of "hiding her horns" and symbolically promising to suppress her "devilish female nature". Sesshomaru found this pleasing as he often enjoyed taming her rebellious episodes.

When at last she saw him, Sesshomaru became amused when Kagome quickly snapped open her matching fan to tease him with several flutters of the beautifully crafted piece. Dark, knowing blue eyes peeked playfully over the tip. He could see the smile twinkling in their blue depths and knew that she was well aware of her affect on him.

Kagome was positively stunning.

Sesshomaru gulped down the lump that suddenly seemed determined to wedge thickly in his throat. He blinked and tried to regain his composure. It was impossible. She was too mesmerizing, too inspiring.

"Pull yourself together, for the God's sake. You're making a drooling idiot of yourself."

Inuyasha's rudely inserted reminder of his audience served to temporarily snap him out of Kagome's captivating spell. He forced himself to look away, to focus on anything but the soft beauty of his delectable little mate. "Where is the ring?"

Inuyasha fumbled in his pocket for a moment and then shrugged his shoulder. "Huh...I can't imagine where it went to."

Just as Sesshomaru's hand clamped down on his neck, Inuyasha pulled the ring from his kimono. "Gotcha!" He enjoyed a good laugh, but realized how close Sesshomaru was to losing his patience. "It's right here. Jeez, calm down will ya? You really are nervous under all that calm reserve. Nice to know you are a little human, after all."

Sesshomaru fractionally tightened his grip before releasing Inuyasha from the potentially lethal hold. Ever since he had chosen Kagome as his mate, Inuyasha seemed overly fond of teasing him about all things human. It was beyond annoying. "This Sesshomaru is not nervous," he clarified. "I am merely anticipating the moment that I have my mate alone."

"Yeah...hold the details on that, will ya? Nobody wants to hear it!" Inuyasha croaked.

Sesshomaru couldn't resist. He clearly remembered a time not so long ago that Inuyasha had asked Kagome's advice on certain intimate relations. "Oh? You had no reservation about asking Kagome's advice on feminine 'tastes'."

Inuyasha sucked in a ragged breath of pure indignation! "You! You sneaky bastard! You were listening the whole time!"

"Hn. It was quite amusing."

"Why you...." Inuyasha growled menacingly.

Before Inuyasha could wreak havoc on Sesshomaru's immaculate wedding trousseau, Uchuu intercepted the swing. "Behave yourselves, friends. Kagome-san would be furious if you ruined her wedding day with your bickering."

Because Sesshomaru thought of Uchuu as his one and only friend, he nodded his head in agreement instead of cutting him down along with his irresponsible brother. It was true that Kagome would be angry. She might even be reduced to crying and that was the last thing that he wanted for his beloved miko on this, her most special day. Besides, he could always crush Inuyasha later.

"Isn't he handsome, Kagome-sama? Just look at the way he stares at you! It gives me chill-bumps to see such emotion on his face!"

Kagome smiled at Rin, while trying unsuccessfully to will down the deep blush infusing her face with crimson embarrassment. Moments like this were surely the reason for the traditional application of thick white makeup the brides normally wear. On hindsight, she regretted refusing the tradition, for her light dusting of face powder would not hide her reaction to Rin's observation, or the heated, hungry look sent her way by Sesshomaru.

"You will be a very happy woman tonight, Kagome." Sango added with a teasing giggle. Her comment did nothing to ease the raging blush mounting an attack on Kagome's features. "Stop it, you two! Or I will never have the guts to walk down the aisle!"

"Oh, do not pretend that you are uneager, my friend," Sumiho interjected from behind. "It is widely known how well your taiyoukai loves you each night. Whispers from the servants praise his ability to make you happy and satisfied."

"Yes, Kagome, everyone knows that you would not allow Sesshomaru to sleep with you last night."

"Stop it!" Kagome begged. "Or I might never make it through this day alive! Would you all have me die of embarrassment on my wedding day?" Her ladies in waiting enjoyed a good laugh at her expense, but fortunately gave the teasing a rest. Kagome sent up a prayer that it would last.

The delicate musical cords of the Shamisen began to drift through the air. Kagome's heart suddenly struck a quickened pace, knowing that the time had finally come. Sesshomaru would be her husband! Not just her mate, but her legally wedded husband! It was so exciting and scary that she felt a bit light-headed. Thankfully, Sango was there to help her through the moment without a humiliating faint.

Everyone took their places. It was all coming together now. Kagome closed her eyes to everything except her mate. Gone was the unique mix of traditional and untraditional. The crowd faded. Nothing existed except the handsome inuyoukai waiting for her at the end of the aisle. His eyes turned on her, met hers, and devoured her with ferocious longing and unmitigated love.

Kagome allowed those magnificent golden eyes to draw her in and lead her to her destiny—a lifetime spent with Sesshomaru. It was a dream come true for her. It wasn't what she had foreseen in her future three years ago, but it was the only future that she could imagine now. Life without him would be meaningless. Together these past six months they had bonded even more fully than before. It was as if he were a part of her soul, a part needed just in order to draw the next breath. Did he feel the same? Yes. She knew it to be true. Sesshomaru had risked everything to be with her. He loved her more than himself.

He was marrying her today!

A smile touched her lips and she allowed her legs to carry her to his side. The ceremony went smoothly and once the drinking of sake was complete, her demon lover slipped a lovely gold ring on her finger making her his eternal bride.

In the tradition of western culture and unexpected by many onlookers, the priest then uttered the words that Kagome had so longed to hear. "You may kiss your bride."

Sesshomaru stepped close. The emotion in his eyes was enough to send her blood boiling for his touch. She expected him to devour her with his lips, but surprisingly he reached up, gently caressing then cupping her face. He tilted her chin just a bit and then slowly took her lips in a gentle, yet possessive kiss that spoke volumes of his love. Kagome was lost to the passionate bonding of lips and it wasn't until the priest nervously cleared his throat that the two of them parted.

Kagome was flushed and breathing hard. Her mind was adrift in a sea of pleasure too hard to break. "I now present you with Lord and Lady Taisho Sesshomaru of the Western Lands!" Only when the priest's announcement cut through the heady daze, did Kagome manage to once again realize her surroundings.

Thankfully, Sesshomaru was there to take her arm, and together the two of them walked back down the isle amongst cheers from familiar voices congratulating them on their union. The rest of the event went by in a whirlwind of greetings and praises.

While Ayame directed the serving of guests, Kouga busily chased down their newly crawling cub. Ginta and Hakaku were in attendance as well as two very cute wolf demonesses who seemed thrilled to be by the brothers' sides. The after ceremony was filled with Kagome's friends and Sesshomaru's allies. Even King Hyuuga made an appearance with several of his brides.

Kagome's apprentice, the miko Oiichi, was thrilled to have been invited to attend, and the headmaster of their village even brought his pretty wife. Miroku's many children enjoyed the festivities and played indiscriminately with the youkai. The children ran happily around the reception room, dodging the castle cooks who were diligently preparing and setting food out for the guests.

Inuyasha ate so many sweets that his stomach hurt, but he never left Saya's side. She only shook her head at his reckless abandon and cheerfully chatted with the women around her. It was a relaxed atmosphere. A celebration. Those present were truly happy for Kagome and Sesshomaru, and those who were not, did not bother to attend at all.

"Shin-san, how is your arm today?"

Shin turned from his plate of delicacies and glanced to the one woman that made his insides flutter and his voice stutter. "It is much better today, Nana-sama. Thank you for inquiring." Since meeting the lovely healer, it had become apparent that his heart felt especially strong for the woman. It was beyond anything that he had ever experienced, even for Rin. It left him feeling shaken and out of control. He did not like the feeling she gave him. It always left him feeling...exposed, yet he couldn't ignore the accompanying spike of pleasure her presence always brought with it.

"I am so glad to hear it. The break was a bad one. It is fortunate that you have advanced healing capabilities."

"Hai, Sesshomaru-sama does not go easy on me, but that will only make me stronger."

Since one week after his arrival in the Western Citadel, Shin had been training under Lord Sesshomaru. The taiyoukai was a hard taskmaster and would only accept Shin's best efforts. In that time, he had experienced several such injuries beneath Sesshomaru's tutelage, but he could hardly deny the results. He was faster and his fighting abilities had increased tremendously. Not only could he now defend himself against attack, Shin had learned to harness his fire-breath, controlling the inferno instead of it controlling him.

Unwittingly, the confidence he slowly gained had turned his attitude from bleak to hopeful. Shin accepted that his life was forever changed. He could not help what he had become, but he could alter how he dealt with it.

"I wish that Sesshomaru-sama would be a bit more careful in his training. I hate to see you hurt."

Shin's eyes turned immediately on Nana and she, for once, bravely held his gaze. In her eyes he saw something that he had dared not ever hope for again...interest in him as a man. Or male, as the case may be. Did this beautiful, kindhearted youkai feel as lonely as him? He could not stand to think so. "My lady, your concern is greatly valued." Shin smiled, a full and whole smile that lit up his normally brooding face. His mismatched eyes sparkled with newly discovered joy that took Nana's breath away.

"Would you dance with me, Nana-sama?"

As if her life had been on hold, waiting for this moment, Nana reached out and took his offered hand. A warm pulse of awareness passed between them the moment their fingers met and together they walked out onto the dance floor. The couple danced, enjoying the closeness of another and daring to dream of a future that never seemed possible before now.

"Do you see them?" Rin whispered to Shippo as he took her into another graceful spin. Shippo smiled down at his lovely Rin and shook his head. "I only have eyes for you."

Rin blushed becomingly and smiled. Shippo was always saying the sweetest things. "You sir, are an incomparable flirt."

Shippo laughed and spun her around once again. "Only for you, my love."

"I think you must have been tutored by Miroku. I swear you sound just like him at times."

Shippo turned up his nose and shook his head. "Trust me, if I had taken after Miroku, then I would have been spreading my love around to all the other beautiful women here in the citadel. Believe me, when I say that you are the only woman for me."

Rin giggled, knowing that her blush had increased. "I love you, Shippo-kun. I am so happy that you came to live here with Kagome-sama."

"Me too, Rin-chan. I've never been happier than when I am by your side."

"Look at them. Aren't they beautiful?"

Shippo turned to follow Rin's dreamy gaze. Lord Sesshomaru held Kagome just a little closer than was proper for a public dance, but the love and devotion was clear to anyone that looked at them. Together they made a damn fine couple. "Kagome is lovely in her kimono."

"The wedding was perfect."

Shippo smiled down at his pretty young fiancé. "Would you like a wedding such as this one day?"

"Oh, Shippo! That would be amazing!"

Shippo was tempted to give her a kiss to seal the deal, but instead he leaned close and whispered, "Soon I will be a taiyoukai in my own right. When that day comes I promise to you, Rin-chan, that I will make you my bride."

Rin nearly swooned with happiness. "Then I accept your offer, my future taiyoukai."

Shippo felt as if his heart would take flight. Happily he spun his future bride around the dance floor, listening to her light girlish laugh, and dreaming of their future together.

Madam Seto sat upon a cushion watching the couples dance while thinking of the miracles of change. All around her was evidence of the impact from Kagome's influence in this world. Things had changed. Human and Youkai were becoming more tolerant of one another, mixing and mingling as if there were no differences to separate. Was it the wish made upon a cursed jewel that brought these unlikely beings together? Or was it simply Kagome's loving heart that paved the way?

Her dreams had begun changing. Things unfamiliar and amazing—visions of the distant future were slowly altering as time goes by. Where before there was a sea of humans, endless in their species, she now also saw a sprinkling of youkai. Kagome had changed the world, though she tried very hard not to. Youkai would continue to walk the earth. As with all things worthwhile there would be strife, but in the end, the two species would coincide.

Kagome saw her staring, and took leave of her youkai prince. Madam smiled, though she knew her face did not turn up on one side. "Konnichiwa, Madam Seto," Kagome greeted joyfully. "I hope that you are comfortable. Can I get you something?"

Seto shook her head, as her speech was not quite what it once was. Thankfully, with practice, she could speak much better than before. "No. I am...f...fine, d...dear."

"Good. I am so glad that you came to our wedding. I was afraid that you wouldn't be well enough."

Seto smiled again and shook her head. "Woul...d not...m...m...miss it. Y...you are a b...b...beautiful b...b...bride."

"Domo arigatou gozaimasu," Kagome replied.

"I see many d...d...days of joy f...for you ah...head."

Kagome carefully knelt by the old woman's side and leaned forward eagerly. "Really? We will be happy together?"

Seto nodded without a qualm. It was true, after all. There would be quarrels, but there would be many more happy moments to get them through it. She patted Kagome gently on the arm. "Ver...r..y h..appppy."

"Thank you, Madam! Thank you so much for all that you have done for us."

Inuyasha finished polishing off another sweet bread and handed a cup of water to his beautiful wife. Saya smiled and thanked him before turning to look at something near the far corner of the room. Inuyasha followed her gaze and spotted Kagome kneeling next to the old witch from Saya's village.

"Thank you for bringing Madam Seto today, Inuyasha. In her condition, she wouldn't have made it if you had not gone to get her."

"She's a tough old hag," Inuyasha grunted. "Creepy too."

Saya looked away from her mate, hiding the knowing smile that curled her lips. He was so sweet. Inuyasha did everything in his power to appear the heartless ruffian, but she knew differently. For all his efforts, it was impossible to hide the caring soul within—at least from her.

She remembered the day Inuyasha asked her to be his. He had been so nervous! It was like watching a youthful boy floundering with little self-confidence. He was shy and embarrassed. He ate nearly all the food before she ever even arrived at the picnic. He spilled her wine and accidentally got his claw hung in her hair, but Inuyasha did not give up and when he finally asked her the question that she had so longed to hear, Saya had nearly fainted with happiness.

The dance floor faded as the heated memory of that beautiful fall morning invaded her mind. Inuyasha had been so gentle, almost worshipful of her body as he explored and familiarized. In the end they came together in an explosion of sensations and splintering of self. They had joined as one and in the process created a life.

Saya had never been happier. Her world had opened up. The Gods had heard her prayers by sending Kagome, her first real friend. As if that were not wonderful enough, the gods saw fit to gift her new friend with the ability to return her sight—something that she never thought possible! Kagome led her to Inuyasha who became her loving mate and now she would have a bouncing baby of her own—the future had never been brighter!

A commotion from behind them captured her attention and Saya turned to discover Miroku frantically trying to keep several ornate jars of premium sake from crashing to the stone floor. Three of his seven children stood beside him looking as guilty as sin. Sango saw the inevitable disaster as it happened, but was too far away—holding the toddler—and yet she began a mad dash to help. It was too late. Three of the five jars teetered precariously before finally taking the plunge.

Inuyasha dove, Kouga dove, and Miroku dove. Only Miroku was successful. While Inuyasha and Kouga's efforts were commendable, they were simply too far away to save the sake. The clattering noise joined the overwhelming odor of spilled rice wine. The twins began crying and Sango looked as if she were going to join them.

Kagome shook her head and looked warily up to see Sesshomaru's reaction. Because his stoic mask was settled firmly in place she figured that he was attempting to quell the urge to kill them all.

"Inuyasha is an idiot."

Kagome's brows rose in humor and question. "Why Inuyasha? It wasn't his fault."

Sesshomaru grunted and looked down at his lovely bride. "As a son of our father, he should not have missed."

Kagome stifled the laughter that bubbled up as Sesshomaru placed the entire debacle on Inuyasha's head. Some things would never change.

"Come, my blushing bride. This is a perfect excuse for us to retire." Sesshomaru then leaned close to her ear and whispered. "It is this Sesshomaru's intention to relieve you of this cumbersome kimono—lovely as it is—and reacquaint himself with your delectable body."

She might not have been the blushing bride before but she certainly was now. Kagome took her husband's hand and offered him a shy smile. Together they skirted the mess made by the children. Sesshomaru casually stepped over Inuyasha and Kagome waved good-bye. As they approached the doorway they turned for one final departing statement.

Kagome cleared her throat and gave Sesshomaru's much larger hand a gentle squeeze to gain a little courage. She faced their guests and began her well practiced speech. "Before we retire, I would like to thank all of you, our friends, family and loyal subjects, for coming together today in order to celebrate our joining. This past year has been a trial for us all, but no matter how bleak things seemed at times, we persevered and overcame the trials put upon us. Sesshomaru and I are looking forward to many peaceful and happy years ahead, and we are proud to have friends like you to enjoy them with."

Everyone clapped amidst a few howls issued heartily from Kouga, Ginta and Hakaku. Sesshomaru stood proudly by Kagome's side, offering no more and no less than his support and devotion. With one final nod, he turned and led his wife from the room and toward their bedchamber.

Jaken escorted them to the door only stopping to open the way. "Is there anything that I can get you, my lord?"

"No, Jaken. That will be all."

Jaken bowed low in reverence to his master and mistress one last time before closing the door and scurrying back down the hall.

Kagome was suddenly stricken by a wave of shyness. It wasn't like this was her first time. In fact, they had spent the last six months loving each other with an unquenchable passion. This was different, however. It felt even more real than before. Having been married in the way of her people drove home the truth of her relationship with Sesshomaru. He was her mate of choice, and she his. His love for her was so great that he gave her the wedding that she had always dreamed of despite the fact that he had already publicly claimed her as his mate.

Clearly, he cared deeply; though outwardly, he often appeared aloof and cold. His love for her ran deep, deeper than anything, and for that she would give him her everything—body, heart, mind, and soul.

"I love you, Sesshomaru."

Sesshomaru turned to Kagome and took a leisurely moment to admire his mate. She was so beautiful. Her inner strength and purity of heart seemed to make her glow. With huge blue eyes looking upon him with love and admiration, he could not begin to thank the heavens enough for her presence in his life.

One by one, Sesshomaru began removing the pins that held her ornate hair arrangement in place. Bit by bit tendrils of soft raven hair began to fall, drifting down to swirl magically around her slender shoulders. When the last one was carefully plucked free, he slipped his fingers through the mass, untangling and smoothing as he massaged her scalp. Kagome moaned with pleasure and his pulse quickened.

"Tonight I will take you, not only as my eternal mate, but as my immortal bride."

Kagome's heart began a thundering rhythm as that heated promise coursed through her body and mind. "Yes...Sesshomaru...make me yours, forever."

Those words were heaven to his ears. This small woman had come into his life unexpectedly. Though her original appearance in the dungeon had been unwelcome and disturbing, she had—in the end—given him the strength to survive. With Kagome's unyielding support, he had been able to reclaim his life. With her love and understanding, he was able to put the past behind him and move toward the future.

His lips took her then, in a kiss that proclaimed every ounce of his indomitable love and immeasurably deep passion. Sesshomaru eagerly reveled in her sweetness, groaning softly when Kagome began to return his kiss with equal fervor. Slender, strong, and loving fingers fanned through his hair, curling and dragging downward—pulling him closer—as she rejoiced in the silky feeling of it falling over her skin.

Breaking away was extremely difficult, but the burning lack of air to her starved lungs was impossible to ignore. Kagome pulled away from his masterful lips and dragged in a vital breath while staring into Sesshomaru's dark, passion-filled eyes. The need for her that he openly displayed there was staggering. Her mind was consumed with passion.

"Come Kagome. I shall strip you of this garment and make you mine again...and again."

His voice was husky, making his natural baritone rumble through her body. "Yes...," She could deny him nothing. She didn't want to.

When he pulled her toward the open bedroll lying on the floor, Kagome paused in her step. She looked from his eyes to the place where they had slept since the day she arrived at the Western Citadel. And then she glanced to the beautiful niche where Sesshomaru's fine master bed lay untouched...abandoned.

She had once asked him why he never slept there. He had grown agitated, uncomfortable and quiet. With a gentle nudge from her, Sesshomaru had finally revealed his discomfort at returning to his own bed. It was a testament to his trust in her that he revealed the truth of his inexplicable fear of laying, once more, in his bed. The rape had left him scarred in so many ways. This was one of them.

Kagome pulled her bottom lip between her teeth, worrying the plump flesh as she debated on approaching the subject. She didn't want to ruin the mood, but now would be a perfect time to overcome this trial and start a fresh new future.

"Kagome?" The wary confusion was clear in Sesshomaru's voice.

Making up her mind, she knew this was needed. It was for the best. "Sesshomaru...why don't we retire to your bed tonight?" She turned big pleading eyes up to her mate, softening her face and gently puckering her lips.

Sesshomaru felt the beginnings of the same panic that had always risen in his gut since the first day he returned home after his capture. The bed. His bed lay like a tangible reminder of his days spent beneath Asuza's thumb. He had no idea why his own bed moved him to such anxiety, but he had avoided sleeping there to avoid fueling the nightmares.

Now Kagome wished to bring him to the brink of madness. On their wedding night!

"No."

His answer left little room to negotiate but Kagome was determined to help him over this particular phobia. She knew from experience that Sesshomaru needed patience and love to overcome the mental obstacles that kept him from completely healing. Although he almost never mentioned his time with Asuza, he carried it with him every day. No one would ever suspect that he suffered so deeply on the inside.

His determination to avoid his bed had been looming in their lives for long enough. She knew exactly how to persuade her youkai into putting the unease behind him.

Kagome drew up close to Sesshomaru, reached up and began an appreciative exploration of his broad chest. After pushing her body sensually against him, she purred, "I promise to make you think of more pleasant things." The unspoken vow in her husky voice brought out a visibly noticeable reaction from Sesshomaru. He wrapped his arm firmly around her waist and pulled her hard and flush against his full length. A thin ring of crimson appeared around the golden irises of his eyes. The black, vertical sliver of his beast-like pupil widened just slightly, further proof of his rising desire.

Kagome indulged in the knowledge that she could so easily affect her mate. The feelings of adoration, lust, and power bled through her body in a nearly dizzying rush of heat. She smiled up at him with lowered lashes and pouting, needful lips. Her hands began a slow, meticulous disrobing of her taiyoukai. She made short work of the ties that kept her beautiful male separated from her touch. Layers of white silk slid from his sleek, sculptured body to pool on the bamboo floor at his feet.

Never would she grow tired of seeing his magnificent chest. He was a gift of perfection and she couldn't have stopped her fingers from exploring had she tried. Sesshomaru watched her intently as she slowly traced every delightful spot of soft pale skin stretched tightly over hard muscle. When she rubbed her palms over his pebbled pink nipples, she felt him shiver. His breath had quickened and she could hear a low, rumbling growl thrumming from deep inside of his chest.

"Sexy..." Kagome murmured as she leaned forward in order to take one of the tempting nubs between her lips. Sesshomaru sucked in a breath at the fist touch of her moist tongue. He was hers for the taking. She held the control.

When large, clawed fingers threaded through her hair, Kagome smiled against his flesh. He wanted her badly. She could feel the hard evidence of his arousal nestled against her stomach. Her male was in full lust mode and she knew that this was her chance.

Kagome forced herself to pause in her pursuit of giving Sesshomaru pleasure then stepped abruptly back. Her lover was not happy with her actions and gave her an impatient show of fangs. Kagome put out a finger and chastised his behavior. "Now, now. Be a good dog demon or I will not take off my clothes." His eyes narrowed in annoyance but he made no further move to reclaim their previously intimate position.

Kagome took two backward steps, moving toward the bed but never letting on to her true motives. It was easy to distract him. All she had to do was begin peeling the layers of cloth from her body. His entire focus was now eagerly roving every portion of her bared skin, continuing over silk encased shoulders and down to the swell of her breasts. He seemed entranced by their bounce and sway as Kagome reached behind her to pull the tie of her obi loose.

It wasn't the easiest thing in the world to accomplish. Kimonos like the one she was wearing were not made to be removed by one person alone. Lucky thing she anticipated this moment tonight. Having Saya modify it just a bit—cheating with the use of her own homemade buttons—made it possible to continue her seductive strip tease without having to ask for help.

With a coy smile Kagome dropped the top, baring her breasts for his heated perusal. Sesshomaru growled—deep and low. His large hands—capable of giving exquisite pleasure as well as delivering excruciating pain—clenched tightly against his thighs. She could tell that he was using incredible control to hold himself back.

Obviously, for this, he deserved a reward.

Kagome made a sultry keening noise deep in her throat as she took her breasts in her hands, rubbing them teasingly, making sure to twist her hips invitingly, before taking two more steps back. Her inuyoukai followed like the predator that he is—one stalking prey. A shiver ran up Kagome's spine, adding a thrill of danger to the encounter. It was the one thing more than any other certain to start her pussy throbbing and her breasts aching with need.

"Come to me lover, Kagome cooed as she continued to step back toward her inuyoukai's bed. She knew Sesshomaru felt hesitant. Even beyond the desire there was still the taint of uncertainty.

She was so proud of him. He was mentally and physically fighting a fear that had held him back for the better part of a year, allowing his love and need of her to aid him in overcoming this next trial. He was so strong, so amazing in so many ways that Kagome was nearly blinded by her emotions for him.

"Sesshomaru..." His name slipped from just barely parted lips in an affectionate sigh. His eyes snapped from her breasts to focus fully on her eyes. Kagome felt her inner muscles clench in reaction to the masculine promise that she found there.

"I grow tired of this game, mate. Your beautiful body tempts me beyond all limits."

His voice was deep, guttural and absolutely, without a doubt, the sexiest thing she had ever heard in her life. Many erotic nights spent writhing in Sesshomaru's arms while he whispered of the wonderfully naughty things that he would do to her flashed though Kagome's mind. The memory of that same baritone voice panting against her ear sent a bolt of heat straight to her core. Kagome groaned and slid the final tie free.

The kimono fell in a beautiful heap of brisk white and crimson fabric, forming a pool around her feet on the floor. Kagome stood bared, naked and vulnerable to his inspection. She gave him time to absorb her state then turned to scurry up the low dais steps. At the top, she turned to see if he followed, and gasped to find him looming so closely behind.

"You came." She was pleased. There was nothing that he couldn't do. Nothing that he could not overcome. Her love deserved another reward.

Kagome dropped to her knees and looked up, meeting his eyes. Unabashed lust smoldered, mixed with unimaginable love. Sesshomaru reached out, gently cupping her jaw in one large hand. His thumb swept a tantalizing path over her lower lip before stopping to press the tip against her teeth. She opened for him and he pushed the seeking digit inside. Kagome took the tip between her lips, twirling her tongue around it and suckling gently. Sesshomaru felt his cock give a twitch of interest and he groaned. With considerable effort he finally pulled away long enough to shed himself of every bit of his clothing.

There could be nothing in between them.

Kagome watched as his obi joined his kimono, followed by boots, and hakama until Sesshomaru stood naked and ready before her. His body was nothing short of perfection. Not an ounce of fat was there to be found. He was all tall, lean muscle.

Speaking of perfect form, Kagome's eyes flicked back to the impressive erection standing swollen and wanting against her husband's abdomen. It was just as beautiful and perfect as the rest of him and she licked her lips just imagining the feel of that thick tip slipping into her mouth.

"Kagome. Come here." The sensual order proceeded a healthy stroke of that magnificent piece of manhood. Kagome exhaled heavily, the breath shuddering from her body. She was unsteady and hot. The motion of his hand was mesmerizing. She watched long, strong fingers, dips and rises of knuckles and amazing magenta stripes that began at his thick, powerful wrist and curving around his forearm. A drop of precum glistened at the tip. It left her wanting to do all sorts of indecent stuff to him—a vision that inspired a sleek wetness to leak from the apex between her thighs.

On her knees between his slightly spread thighs, Kagome looked up as he pushed the bulbous tip between her lips, offering murmured words of encouragement as she worked him deeply in. When the thick head bumped the back of her throat, she wrapped her hand around the root and gave it a stroke.

"Ah...yes," Sesshomaru groaned with the tumult of pleasure and glorious pain. His cock throbbed in her hot mouth, brushing against the back of her throat. "That's it, take it all. 'Gods...' You feel so good."

Her tongue swirled around the tip, dipping into the slit, seeking more. His taste was salty—addictive.

It was exquisite—her mouth moving over his sword, making love to that part of him with lips so full and soft. So wet. So hot. "Kagome..." Her name came out in a hoarse groan as she slid her hand beneath his testicles, massaging the tender orbs as her mouth worked feverishly over his cock.

Sesshomaru's hand clenched tightly in her hair. He was so close. Though only one night had passed, separating them from pleasure, it made him overeager for her touch. It was too soon. He wanted to feel the rapture of her mouth just a little more.

When the incredible feel of it became too much, he pulled back to move away. Kagome, however, refused to let go of her treat. She gave a long sliding slurp up his length that nearly sent him to his knees. Her hands were busily driving him mad. While one gently rolled his ballocks the other explored his hip, buttock and thigh. Tiny blunt nails scraped tantalizingly over his flesh and if he had the capability of producing goosebumps, he knew that he would have been covered.

The mindless burn at the base of his spine began to overflow and spread. Sesshomaru tightened his grip in her hair, knowing that it was coming, feeling the rush of semen as it demanded to be set free. "Kagome!" He barked her name as his hips began to jerk of their own accord. His balls tightened and the heat of climax began a molten journey through his cock. The culmination came as an explosion of sensation that wrenched control of his body, clenching every muscle tight while his seed shot into the back of Kagome's suckling mouth.

"Gods!" his body shook as the last of his essence was swallowed down her throat. The force of his release left him feeling shaky and weak in the knees. He stumbled back, pulling from her mouth with an audible sound. As he sank back onto the bed behind him he took in the adored beauty of his wife. Long dark lashes flicked with moisture. Tears—resulting from his deep, careless plunges—gathered in the corners of her sultry blue eyes. Her smile was magical—pleased and confident of her self-worth. Her lips, swollen, red, and well used made him want to devour her whole, while the look she gave him from beneath lids heavy with desire made his staff begin a miraculously quick recovery.

"Come here, sweet. I must taste you." Sesshomaru growled the command as he pulled her roughly against his chest and kissed her with all of the passion that she brought out. When they pulled apart he held the back of her head, his lips brushing softly against hers. "You are a naughty wife, my Kagome. I shall have to punish you now."

Kagome stared up into the eyes of her mate. His promise made her inner muscles clench with wanting to be filled. "Oh yeah? And how do you plan to do that?" Sesshomaru pushed her back onto the bed and forcefully spread her legs. "Oh, I have many ways with which to do so, but first...I shall begin here." With the final word he leisurely swept his thumb over her slit and then groaned. "You are wet for me. Your body weeps for my touch."

"Mmm..." Kagome was lost to him. His voice surrounded her in a cocoon of longing. "Please..."

Sesshomaru chuckled softly. He leaned forward and rubbed his cheek along her soft inner thigh. The strands of his hair tickled against her flesh only serving to drive her need even higher. "Sesshomaru..."

A kiss where his cheek just lay followed by a gentle nip of fangs had Kagome shivering with want for more. All thoughts of helping Sesshomaru over his bed phobia flittered from her mind. Knowing that he was here now was all that mattered.

Another kiss began a hot trail of teasing caresses as Sesshomaru tasted her skin with his long, moist tongue. His big strong hands moved over her body in idolatrous strokes. He came so close to the spot that she needed him most—so close that she could feel the heat of his breath—but he refused to go there. She moaned and twisted, shifting her hips in a desperate attempt to ease the fiery ache that had settled between her thighs.

"Sesshomaru please...don't tease me any more! I need...I want..."

"Tell me what you want, Kagome. Tell this Sesshomaru and I will most happily oblige." He followed the promise with a lingering kiss in the crease of her inner thigh. It was torture and he knew it.

"I...I must have...Oh Sesshomaru, please, take me in your mouth!"

Another deep chuckle nearly made Kagome consider murder, but just as quickly the ill-tempered thoughts flew from her mind when his tongue swept over her inflamed flesh. She gasped with the strength of sensation, arching and coming up off the bed. "Oh! Yes! More!"

His tongue dove and plumbed her most secret valley, teasing a maddening path through her folds. Kagome groaned and clenched the sheets. Not enough. She needed more! Her fingers slipped into his hair where she clenched them, holding him tightly against her. "Please!" Finally he sucked her distended and aching clit into his mouth. "Ahhhhh! Oh yes! Sesshomaru!"

Mercilessly he teased, suckled and gently brushed his fangs over her tender nub. She moaned and rocked her hips as the rhythm he set sent her soaring fast toward the ultimate fruition. Kagome writhed as the pleasurable burn centered in the core of her being began to spread and take over. Her body seized with delight, bringing her higher until the dam could no longer hold, bursting in a flood of sensation so dazzling that her vision went white.

Kagome let go of all cares and allowed the orgasm to claim her. "I...I'm...I'm coming!" she screamed, losing all conscious worldly thought as her climax lifted her to the heavens.

Wave upon wave crashed over her. Her body shook beneath the heady spell of ecstasy until there simply was no more to give. She collapsed back onto the bed, gasping for each breath. Finally, she peeled her eyes open and met the pleased face of her mate.

"That...was...That was...amazing!"

"There is much more where that came from, miko."

Sesshomaru hovered above her now with a self-satisfied smirk on his handsome face. She could see the tip of one fang as he flicked his tongue out to lick his lips clean. His hair was mussed and wild and his face flushed with excitement. The image was enough to inspire her recently satisfied body into thumping with a fresh beat of desire.

Sesshomaru's previous release had taken the edge off of his hunger, giving him a chance, now, to linger and enjoy. Sesshomaru was determined to brand this night into his mate's mind forever and he felt free to tell her so. "The night is young, wife. Before the dawn announces the rising sun I shall have conquered this lovely body of yours time and again." He added a low growl before dipping to suck one tempting breast into his mouth. Sesshomaru enjoyed the breathy gasp from his mate then released the soft mound. "I shall bring you to pleasure so many times that you will beg for mercy."

Kagome gave him a mischievous smile. "I'll take that bet."

Sesshomaru bent to take the other breast into his mouth. At first suckling gently, nibbling the hard little nipple, while steadily growing more insistent as he indulged. Kagome writhed beneath him, making soft mewling sounds that penetrated his hearing, divining a path straight to his swelling cock.

The distance from her warm softness as he hovered above grew too much to bear, and he slipped down to nestle against her body, loving the heat of her skin and marveling at the silky smooth texture. That part of him that never ceased to find Kagome alluring began to throb once more and he shifted his hips to bring a modicum of relief. The motion served to press his hardened length against the slick welcoming wetness between Kagome's thighs. His groan of pleasure joined hers and instinctively he repeated the measure.

Fast spiraling toward the need for more, Kagome spread her legs to further accommodate her lover. Sesshomaru rewarded her with a shift of his powerful hips and an intoxicating bite of his canine fangs against her neck. From her full breasts to her feminine mound flashed a current of molten heat that made her throw back her head with a groan.

"You like that, sweet?" Sesshomaru murmured against her sensitized skin. Kagome was beyond coherent words and lost in the sensation. Sesshomaru continued his sensual assault as he traced his claws lightly over her body, scraping her milky skin just enough to make her twist and moan. He pinched her nipples and spread hungry kisses up her collarbone to the base of her neck. One hand slipped into the moist treasure between her legs, causing her to lift her hips to his seeking touch.

Sesshomaru chuckled against her slender neck, before inhaling deeply of her warm womanly scent. Tonight his beautiful bride was ripe for his seed. Her body called out to him, pleading for its mate to fulfill the mating dance. Abruptly he plunged one long finger deep inside her body, causing her to cry out from the sudden pleasure and arch up against him.

"Sesshomaru! Oh...Mmm...Don't stop."

"Fear not, mate. Nothing will stop me now."

Sesshomaru eased his finger from her warmth and immediately sought to fill her with his engorged organ. Kagome felt the blunt head of it pushing against her opening. She clamped her hands to his shoulders and prepared herself for the glorious invasion. He only held there for a moment, teasing her with nearly imperceptible movements of his narrow hips, until she planted her feet on the bed and bucked her hips upward, taking what she wanted by force. Sesshomaru ground his teeth against the feel of her hot grasping channel and then ruthlessly plunged in all the way to the hilt.

He was so deeply imbedding inside of her that Kagome felt as if they were fused as one. Never again separate. One heart. One body. One mind. "One..." she gasped—it was the only word that she could sound. Sesshomaru seemed to understand her though. He dropped his mouth to her neck, devouring her taste and holding her close. "Hai, my sweet. At last, we are one."

Kagome mewled with despair as he slowly withdrew, but the sound had barely risen before Sesshomaru thrust forward fully imbedding himself once again. "Oh!" It was exquisite—the feel of him. Her hands traced lovingly desperate paths over his chest and back as he grasped her hips, rocking his hard length into her again and again. His body was tense and his breath ragged as he rose to the heights of passion. Kagome gave herself completely to him as she bucked into his body returning his pleasure with her own.

Sesshomaru's thrusts began to change pace, growing more insistent as he felt their pleasure growing near. Kagome was lost in the feel of him, the taste of him, and the sound of his harsh panting breaths against her ear. His long hair tickled her body and his hands traced blissful paths over her breasts, until he reached around, clutching her neck from behind and took full control. He lifted his body, pulling up just enough to watch her face as he took her to rapture's door.

Kagome fought against the urge to close her eyes. She wanted to watch his face as he took his pleasure. His eyes had shifted to their bestial crimson glow. His fangs grew long before her very eyes and she felt the prick of his elongated claws. Kagome gasped as his pace grew frenzied. His thrust pounded against her wanting flesh until she cried out from the painful pleasure. The slapping of flesh joined the labored breathing of both lovers. Sesshomaru growled as he felt Kagome's inner muscled spasm and clamp down on his length. Kagome tossed her head from side to side, refusing to close her eyes, refusing to miss one second of his magnificent face as he plunged into her, driving her to elation.

Her climax came upon her in an explosion of bliss. Time stood still in a world of sparkling color and intense sensation. Kagome opened her mouth in a silent scream, her eyes finally closing against her will. Even as her body clenched with the first euphoric convulsion, Sesshomaru's feral features tightened and his jaw clenched. He snapped his fangs as his own release raged from his groin, overwhelming his body with the ecstasy of their union. Kagome knew that she would never forget that moment as long as she lived.

Bonelessly, Sesshomaru collapsed atop his mate, struggling for breath as his body recovered from the recent orgasm. He soon realized that he was crushing his small wife when she made a miniscule grunt of complaint. He slid to her side and gathered her close. They lay there for some time, gathering the strength and breath needed to talk.

"Thank you, husband," Kagome whispered against his neck, before kissing the warm skin. Sesshomaru grunted and clenched her tightly. "I assure you, the pleasure was all mine."

"I love you, Sesshomaru."

"It is all that I ever ask of you, mate."

Kagome sighed, thinking back over the past year of her life. "So much has changed," she murmured.

"For the better," Sesshomaru added in a husky voice.

"Yes. I can't imagine what my life would have been had you not become a part of it. I thank the Gods each day for that."

"And what manner of creature would this Sesshomaru have become without your warmth and patience by his side? It is I who should be so grateful, love." Sesshomaru shifted and drew her up so that his chin rested comfortably on her head. "Without you, I was lost. My honor was violated and my hope destroyed. You brought me back from insanity and showed me the wonders of heaven."

Sesshomaru pondered—only briefly—the hell of Asuza's domination and found that it held little power over him anymore. Amazingly, he had found something in that dungeon even more valuable than ultimate power and control. He found a light. A light that drew him from the darkness of despair and helped him to forge a better life from that desperate moment on.

A light named Kagome.


 

Nearly seven years later..... June 21st, 1582

The palace was over run. Oda Nobunaga felt the panic of helplessness swelling to a painful level inside of him. How could this be? His own man had betrayed him! It was unthinkable and yet...so many were dead. His guests, his future. Everything, destroyed!

He had been so close. His dream was nearly realized. A united Japan. No more wars. It was all he ever wanted. Now he would be lucky to see tomorrow.

Immediately Nobunaga chastised himself. 'No! You are thinking like a panicked fool! This is not over. I will not give up no matter what. I will escape and regroup!' He had an army like no other and all he needed in order to crush Akechi Mitsuhide into dust was a little time. This particular battle may be lost, but the war was not won. They have not heard the last of Oda Nobunaga!

Mitsuhide had surely seen him slip out of the back panel of the great room. He could count on his pursuit. It was imperative that he escape. He was unprepared for this battle. For the future of Japan he must escape!

The stench of burning bamboo and once beautifully painted shojo screens was beginning to reach him. His fingers scratched along the floors as he slipped down the passage that would lead him to safety. Once in his planning room he had a chance to properly arm himself. If he couldn't get away, then he would at least give Mitsuhide the fight of his life.

The sounds of women screaming and soldiers shouting were much too loud. If Mitsuhide still followed, Nobunaga could not hear. With a breath of relief he slipped through the final panel into his military planning room. He ignored the low tables spread with maps as well as the ones hanging on the walls. He went straight for his katana from its honored position on the wall and promptly turned to face his opponent—for as he had grabbed the hilt of his blade a sound from behind him revealed that he was no longer alone.

Nobunaga was surprised, however, when instead of facing Akechi Mitsuhide he found himself staring at a faintly familiar hanyou.

"Who are you, and what are you doing here?" Nobunaga promptly demanded.

Inuyasha chuckled at the baka human staring at him with a dangerous mix of terror and desperation. "So this is the "great" Oda Nobunaga, huh?" He shook his head and shrugged. "Can't say as I'm all that impressed."

"Answer me!" Nobunaga shouted furiously. Was this half-demon an enemy sent by Mitsuhide? Where had he seen him before? If he had at all. It seemed unclear at the moment whether he remembered the face, or was it simply some fable that he recalled being told?

"I am called Inuyasha. As for why I'm here...well, I'm sure that you remember a certain miko named Kagome. You know, the one you obsessed over, kidnapped and caused so much pain?" The recognition in Oda's eyes was all that he needed. Inuyasha stepped forward and held out a unique twentieth century book. "You know what this is? It's called a history book. It is one of a kind. Sort of like a fortune telling. It belongs to Kagome. In this book, it tells the very day that you, Oda Nobunaga, die."

At Nobunaga's suspicious yet satisfyingly horrified look, Inuyasha continued. "You see, me and my brother have not forgotten how you treated Kagome. Since Sesshomaru is mated to Kagome, and she made him promise to leave you alone, it's up to me to kill you. Kagome said that you were important to the future of Japan. That you could not be killed before your time. According to this Japanese History Book from Kagome's time, today is the day that you die.

And I will be the one to kill you."

"Sesshomaru sends his regards!" Inuyasha growled as he leapt from his perch. His claws were ready to shred flesh. He could smell the blood of his prey. Nobunaga had killed many innocents, but war was like that and Inuyasha was happy to remain uninvolved in most human fights. This was different. Oda Nobunaga had hunted Kagome like an animal. He had sent dangerous men after her.

Surprisingly, Oda was able to avoid the first slash of claws and in so doing actually nicked Inuyasha's torso underneath his raised arm and just over his ribs. It was a tickle of pain. Nothing. Inuyasha laughed. His second lunge hit home and as Inuyasha plunged his hand into Oda Nobunaga's chest he shouted, "I protect Kagome!"

Inuyasha held the bastard's heart in his hand until he felt the last pathetic beat. With a feeling of disgust, he pulled his hand from the male's mangled chest and flicked some of the blood off. It was done. Finally, Oda Nobunaga had paid for his crimes.

When Inuyasha turned he noticed for the first time that he had an audience. The samurai warrior stood in the doorway holding a sword out as if he were going to fight. Inuyasha grunted and held up his claws in warning. "You want some of this, too?"

The man's dark eyes slanted in consideration then without a word he lowered his sword, stood and then bowed. "I would merely like to thank you, hanyou-sama, for ridding me of this nuisance."

"Fey, I didn't do it for you."

Akechi Mitsuhide stood erect and looked the half-demon in the eye. "Why did you do it, then?"

Inuyasha cocked his head and looked back at the dead man. He turned back and met the human's eyes. "I did it for Kagome."

As the hanyou strode past him, Mitsuhide had to wonder what strange events lead the boy to take such vengeance out upon Nobunaga. For surely the pain had been deep.

A guard suddenly ran up to Mitsuhide's side, spotted Nobunaga dead in a pool of his own blood and promptly dropped to his knees. "You have killed Nobunaga-sama! Hail to Mitsuhide-sama! May he live long and prosper!"

Mitsuhide looked from the head of the bowed servant back to Nobunaga. Obviously, the half demon had not wished for his role to be told. Quickly he saw the perfect answer. "Oda Nobunaga committed seppuku." For he did not wish to be named Oda Nobunaga's killer, as it could harm his standing with the loyalists of Nobunaga.

No one need ever know that he was killed by a hanyou.


 

A/N: That's it folks. The end of the tale. I do plan to write an epilogue, so keep an eye out for the final post of this epic story that will take place in the future and give you an idea of how things turned out. I hope that you enjoyed the journey that brought us from the depths of despair to hope for the future—for no matter how terrible life becomes, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

Keep an eye out for the last and final chapter of 'Violation of Honor': Chapter 40 – Epilogue – Our Future Discover what the future holds for our characters!

IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO MY READERS: My career in fanfiction has been a unique and amazing experience. From my first posted story to this epic tale, I have grown as an author while gaining a wonderful following of fans and friends. I've met some amazing people through the writing of Sesshomaru and Kagome fanfiction and I feel grateful for my blessings every single day. Unfortunately, I feel that the time has come to dedicate myself to serious writing that might possibly become a cherished career. I have spent many years writing stories, growing as an author, and now I feel that it is time to let fanfiction go. I'm not saying that I will never post another one-shot or even a short story that tweaks my mind, but there will be no more epic tales. I am deeply sorry to announce this to my devoted fans. You have followed and supported me through it all and for that you have my eternal gratitude and love. After the epilogue of 'Violation of Honor', I intend to tie up loose ends in the fanfiction realm and then devote my time to creating works that I can hopefully promote through ebook sites. I hope that you will look for my books in the future either under my pseudonym as Rin E. Soul, or my real name, Vanessa S. Tyre. Either way, I promise you the same devotion and quality that you have come to expect from my stories. Thank you, everyone, for all of your support and kindness. I will miss you all, but don't worry, I'll still drop in to your stories occasionally to read and review!