InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Vow Of Silence ❯ Silent Treatment ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISLCLAIMER!!: I do NOT own Inuyasha and Co.


Chapter 4, 'Silent Treatment'[a/n: heh..heh..stupid title! LoL]

When Inuyasha and Kagome made it back to the camp, the other's were cooking dinner. Kagome slid off Inuyasha back and glared at the four. They had gone through her backpack without asking! That and they didn't bother to help her when she was being punished!

"Kagome, is there something wrong?" Sango asked, when she noticed the glare. Kagome just scowled and sat down. Sango blinked a couple of times.

'I wonder whats wrong.' She thought.

"Inuyasha? Could you please hand Kagome her pad of paper so she could tell me whats wrong." Sango asked him. Inuyasha nodded and handed Kagome the stuff. Kagome took it and GW'ed and then handed it to Inuyasha instead of Sango, to both their surprises.

Inuyasha gave Kagome a suspicous look, but then read:

*I'm not writing to them!* Then by that was an unhappy face. [a/n: something along the lines of :-(]

"Why not?" He asked, she GWB'ed

*Because, they didn't even bother to help me when I was being punished for something I did for them!*

"Well, that's because they knew what was good for them!" Inuyasha said, "If any of them had spoken up about it, they knew they would of had to go to." Kagome snatched the paper back and WB'ed

*Whatever....but not only that! They went through my backpack without waiting for me so they could ask!* Inuyasha nodded. They did do that and that was a BIG 'No, No.' He had learned that when they first set out to find the shards. Long before even Shippo came along. One day she had gone to go do something and her pack was just sitting there. He got cirious and decided to look into it. No harm in that right? WRONG!! Parently he had found some stuff that Kagome didn't want him to know about, like something called 'Tampons', and a 'diary', because when she came back and saw him looking and throwing things out of her pack, she sat him about 10 times! Then she told him to NEVER and she meant NEVER look through he pack again, without asking her first.

During this whole little discussion that was going on between Inuyasha and Kagome, the other four watched. They were both annoyed and cirious at what they were talking about. They knew part of it was about them.

"Well Inuyasha! Tell us what she's saying." Miroku said, not being able to take it anymore. Inuyasha looked at him and shook his head.

"Sorry Monk, but she says she doesn't want to talk to any of you." Everyone put on shocked faces and looked at Kagome, who glared at them and grabbed a bowl, so she could eat.

"Well, why not?" Shippo asked. Inuyasha looked at him and smiled evilly. Shippo squeaked and ran to Kagome. He jumped at her, hoping she would open her arms and catch him, so Inuyasha wouldn't hurt him. But when he jumped he noticed that Kagome moved to the side, and he fell, on the ground, flat on his face. He laid there for a couple of minutes, trying to figure out what just happened.

Kagome looked at the fallen fox-demon and shook her head. She kind of felt bad for not catching him, but she was still to angry about what they all had did. Everyone saw what Kagome did and gasped. Inuyasha was by far the most surprised out of them all. Kagome always protected that little runt, and look what she just did! He smiled to himself,

'The runt deserved it.' Was all that he thought, when he sat down to eat.

Kagome who had gotten her food after she let shippo fall, sat down by the fire, so she could eat. She was just about to put some food in her mouth when she heard someone cough. Not a cough that would be, the , 'Help I'm choking' kind, or the 'I'm sick' kind, but the 'pointed' kind. Where someone is trying to get your attention. She looked up and saw that Inuyasha was looking at her pointly. She smiled at him and shrugged. She had no clue what he wanted. She watched has he frowned and then pointed to a spot next to him. She blinked a couple of times trying to understand, but she still didn't get what he wanted.

Inuyasha sighed and looked up to the heavens. Sometimes this girl was so clueless, she couldn't even figure out that she was suppost to sit by him. He had pointed to the spot where she was suppost to sit to try and help her out, but all she did was blink. He sighed again, he couldn't go over there and get her because he didn't want to embarrass himself in front of the other four. He looked at Kagome, to see that she had started eating,

'I wonder if she knows she suppost to sleep by me tonight?' He thought, 'Oh, well even if she doesn't, she'll still have to. I'll let her slide about not sitting next to me, because of the other four.' He looked at the other four to notice that they were looking at Kagome sadly,

'Hmmm, maybe we should split up tomorrow so Kagome can get away from them for a day. I think a day will make her forgive them.'

When everyone was done eating and the dishes were washed, everyone decided to get ready for bed. As they were doing this Inuyasha annoced

"I think we should split up tomorrow, we know that the shards are around here, but we don't know if there in the village or in the forest. I say that Sango, Miroku, Shippo and Kilala will go to the village and Kagome and I will go into the forest."

Everyone sighed, but agreed. Kagome had to agree because she couldn't say anything and the other four were still upset at the fact that Kagome refused to write to them. They went back to making their bed's. Inuyasha walked up to Miroku,

"What is it Inuyasha?" Miroku asked

"Just to let you know, the real reason why we're splitting up, is because I think Kagome just needs a day away from you four. And I think that a day without you guys will make her forgive you. Tell the other three tomorrow after we split okay?" Inuyasha said, Miroku smiled and nodded.

It was an hour till everyone was asleep, everyone but two people. One happened to be Kagome. She missed sleeping with Shippo! She was sooo use to cuddling up with him, that it was now hard to sleep, without cuddling up with something. She looked up at the stars. She blinked, the stars had suddenly become gold. She jumped when she realized that it wasn't really the stars, but Inuyasha's eyes. He smiled, when she jumped.

"Come on, get up." Inuyasha whispered, then handed her, her pad of paper and pencil. He know she was going to ask why.

She GWBed, he read

*Why?*

"Because you need to come sleep in the tree." He whispered back, he sighed when he saw her scared look. She GWB'ed

*What!? I'm not going to sleep in a tree!*

He sighed again, why did she always have to make things difficult? He bent down and slid his hands under her. One under her legs and one under back, and lifted her up. Kagome gappeb, what was he doing!? She didn't want to sleep in a tree, she would fall off if she did. She started to wiggle her way out of his arms, but stopped when she felt and heard him growl.

'What is he doing!?' Kagome's cried in her mind. She felt him leap, and then land effertlessly on one of the tree's branches. He sat down, putting her in his lap. He took his arms away, only to bring them back, with his fire-rat coat. He wrapped his arms and it around her, bringing her closer to his chest. She felt him lean back, bringing her with him.

Inuyasha didn't notice and lucky for her he didn't but she was blushing like a tomatoe!

'Oh, well. Now I know I won't fall.' With that last thought, Kagome snuggles into the coat and fell into a nice sleep. Inuyasha smiled, resting his head on her shoulder, then he also fell into a nice sleep.

~*~*~*~

The next day, like Inuyasha said the group split. One going to the village and the other going to the forest.

Kagome and Inuyasha walked through the forest. Inuyasha hadn't said any since the group spilt, but he kept smiling. Kagome was starting to get a little nervous. What was he smiling about? She didn't need to know, because just then she felt two shards coming there way super fast!

'Oh NO!!!' she thought, she knew who these two shards belonged too 'Kouga!'

And just as she thought, Kouga came into that part of the forest with a whirlwind.

"Kagome!!" Kouga said and he stopped in front of them. Kagome quickly looked over to Inuyasha, to see he was still smiling. Just then something found it's way into her mind,

'Why that no good dog! He knew that Kouga would be in this forest didn't he!? And since I can't tell him to sit, he's going to fight with Kouga! Ugh, could this 2 weeks get any worse?' She thought, she glared at Inuyasha, who just shrugged and smiled back at her.

"Kagome, how are you?" Kouga asked. He stood in front of her waiting for an answer when none came.

"Is there something wrong, Kagome?" He asked, he watched as Kagome put up her pointer finger, then start to dig into ther pack. He watched as she started to become nervous, then they both heard a low chuckle. They both looked over at Inuyasha

"Looking for this Kagome?" Inuyasha asked holding up her pad of paper and pencil. Kagome glared at him and stomped her way over. When she got to him she reached for the stuff, only to have him pull it out of her reach.

"Sorry Kag. But I'm not going to let you talk to the wimpy-wolf." Inuyasha said, using a nickname he had always wanted to call her.

"Any why is that mutt-face?" Kouga asked.

"Because 'wimpy-wolf' you and I, are going to have a nice little chat." With that Inuyasha pulled out Tetsusaiga and charged Kouga. Kouga being the fast one he is dodged it, and moved to the left. Inuyasha quickly swung his sword that way. Kouga again dodged it.

Kagome watched as Inuyasha swung at Kouga and how Kouga dodged it. She was starting to panic. She didn't want Inuyasha to hurt Kouga. She liked Kouga! But only as a friend of course. She did the only thing she could think of. she started to cry.

As Inuyasha was in mid-swing he smelt salt water. He looked over at Kagome, just to see her crying. He swore and quickly brought his sword back. He sheathed it and ran over to the crying Kagome.

"Kagome whats wrong?" He asked, of course she didn't answer, she just looked up at him. He sighed. He knew what was wrong. But he couldn't figure out why she liked the stupid wolf. He turned around to comfront the idiot when he realized that he was gone!

'Ah, well. I'll deal with him someother time.' He thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

A/n: Chapter four YAY!!!