InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Vow Of Silence ❯ A Laughable Day ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISLCLAIMER!!: I do NOT own Inuyasha and Co.

"..."-->Talking

'...'-->Thinking

*...*-->Writing

GWB--> GRABBED it, WROTE something down and handed it BACK.

WB--> WROTE something down and handed it BACK


Chapter 7: "A Laughable Day."

Miroku, Sango, Shippo and Kirara [a/n: okay fine. I'm using that name instead of Kilala] walked out of the village they were sleeping in last night. Miroku had 'vanquished' some bad omens at a 'rich' old man's house. For the payment of the kind deed, the old man let them stay the night.

They were happily walking towards the forest when they heard,

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Sango did you hear that?" Miroku asked, looking up at the sky and seeing some birds quickly fly away from the trees

"Yes. It sounded like someone was very angry." came Sango's reply.

"It sounded like Inuyasha, didn't it?" asked Shippo. They all looked at one another with thoughtful looks on their faces, then shook their heads.

"No, I don't think so. Inuyasha can get mad easily but not THAT mad," Miroku said and continued walking. They walked for a while when Shippo squealed happily,

"Kagome!!"

Hearing a noise everyone looked to their left and saw Kagome run out then bend over. Resting her hands on her knee's, she panted heavily. Her hair was messy and she looked like she had just ran up a hill.

"Kagome?" Sango asked. Kagome looked up and they all could tell she was VERY happy and VERY relieved to see them. She ran up to Sango and threw her arms around her, bringing her into a big hug. After getting over the shock, Sango hugged her back happy that Kagome wasn't ignoring her anymore.

"Kagome, are you alright?" Sango asked as she pulled away from the hug to look Kagome over.

Kagome bit her lip. She didn't have her pencil or paper with her. She ran as soon as she heard the scream.

"KAGOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!"

Kagome jumped and quickly ran behind Sango for cover. Inuyasha was going to be here soon and she knew that she was going to be in BIG trouble. She needed Sango to be her bodyguard.

Sango looked over her shoulder at Kagome. That yell really sounded like Inuyasha and he sounded ticked! From the way Kagome was hiding behind her, she could tell that Kagome had done something stupid. She heard a loud crash and looked in the direction that Kagome had come from. A tree moved as she watched. Then it started falling, landing with another loud crash. Oh, yeah, Inuyasha was ticked.

~*~Let's check with Inuyasha after the scream. Shall we?~*~

Inuyasha was hyperventilating. His hair was RED!!!! How could this have happened!? He didn't put his hair in anything, he didn't do anything to his hair either.

Making sure, he grabbed another lock of his hair and found it red. Red!! Was this a curse? Did someone curse him? But why make his hair red? Maybe this was some kind of joke...but who could have gotten close to him? He was a light sleeper and would have woken as soon as he heard someone step on a leaf, or climb(or fly) up to his branch. Clues! That's right! He could find clues. Like scents, or.....something! Anything!!

He lifted his nose and sniffed. He frowned. All he smelled was Kagome's scent. But the thing was that her scent was closer than it should have been. He looked around his branch. Nothing, nothing, A red hand print. Nothing. Noth-WAIT!! A Red hand print! The hand print was small, like a girl's hand. He looked down and saw a whole lot more of the handprints. Whoever had messed with his hair, had had to climb. The prints stopped at the last branch. Darn..Foot Prints! He jumped from his branch and landed smoothly on the ground. He crouched down and looked closely at the ground. Aha! There were some footprints. They too were small.

He followed the footprints over to Kagome's big yellow pack where there was some red on the ground as well as on her pack. He opened the pack and found her water bottle also had a red hand print on it. He frowned again. Why would Kagome's stuff be red? He looked at the ground again and found yet more footprints. He followed them. They lead to Kagome's sleeping bag.

It felt like his heart stopped. Kagome wasn't in her sleeping bag!! Did the person or creature who had done this to him, taken her? He was about to yell out her name when something clicked in his mind. 'Small' red handprints. The handprints indicated that the 'person' or 'creature' had to 'climb' up and down the tree. 'Small' footprints leading to Kagome's pack, more 'small' red handprints on 'her' water bottle. Somemore 'small' foot prints that lead to Kagome's sleeping bag and Kagome herself was gone. Face going red with anger he screamed,

"KAGOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!"

Then he took off in a flash.Picking up her scent, he followed it. On the way, some helpless trees had gotten in his way, and with one swipe of his claws those trees were no longer in his way.

~*~Back to the group~*~

Kagome was trying to calm her heart and slow her breathing. Maybe she shouldn't have run? She cringed as she heard another loud crash. Maybe it was a good thing she Had run when she heard him scream.

His scream had woken her up and indicated that he found out about his hair. Without thinking, she quickly shot out of her sleeping bag and ran. It was her good luck that she had run into the group. They had no idea how happy and relieved she was when she saw them. They would protect her from Inuyasha....maybe..

She looked over Sango's shoulder. A flash of red appeared in front of the group. She blinked...red was definately in her field of vison. Maybe it was a bad idea dying his hair red. She had kind of forgotten about the color of his clothes, which happened to be red. The red stopped before the group.

"Inu....Inuyasha?" Miroku asked as he stared bug-eyed at the hanyou dressed in red. Shippo,on his shoulder, had his mouth open in shock.

"Mew?" Kirara mewed [a/n: lol]. She looked over at her mistress. Sango looked like Miroku and Shippo combined. She looked back at Inuyasha, wondering what he had done to his hair.

Kagome looked at Inuyasha who was glaring with fire in his eyes at her. She gulped. Okay, dying it was a really stupid idea. She looked at his hair and noticed something. She had forgotten she had done that to his hair.

~*~Now we're(meaning you and I) going to be called into this little scene. Picture your favorite hanyou in your mind. Now picture his hair red....all of it! While you're picturing this, remember what he wears. Now, look back at his red hair and see that it's no longer hanging down like it normally would. It's up at different angles...........Inuyasha looks like Medusa but without the snakes. If looks could kill..heh..there you go.~*~

After getting over his shock, Miroku studied Inuyasha's hair. He cleared his throat.

"Inuyasha what..." Miroku pressed his lips together, trying not to smile. "What happened?" he finally got out.

"Your..hair..is..red." Sango said, also trying not to smile. "And..it's sticking..up..Eh, he." She quickly put her hand over her mouth when she let the little giggle slip. She struggled to regain her calm looking face again.

Shippo was having a hard time contolling the laughter that was building up inside him. Not being able to take it anymore, he burst out laughing making Miroku and Sango, who were both trying not to laugh, snort. But their control finally failed and they both started laughing their heads off.

Shippo was laughing so hard he fell off Miroku's shoulder and didn't even notice. Miroku leaned upon his staff for support. Sango, who had her Hiraikotsu on her back, fell to her knees, holding her stomach which was starting to hurt from laughing so hard.

Kirara, seeing that Kagome was exposed to Inuyasha, turned into her big form and stepped in front of Kagome. Kagome hugged her gratefully from behind. Kirara continued to look at Inuyasha who was about to destroy something by the looks of it.

Inuyasha clenched his fists. He was absolutely livid, his entire body was shaking. His breathing had started to come in short, fast puffs when he laid his eyes on Kagome who was behind Sango at the time. Now Sango was on her knee's laughing her head off at him, because of what Kagome had done. He closed his eyes and tried to calm himself.

"Ka...go....me..." Inuyasha said her name very slowly, still trying to calm himself. But in the end it wasn't meant to be.

"WHY THE HECK DID YOU DO THIS TO MY HAIR!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?"

The yell made the laughing baboons (as Inuyasha thought they were) stop and stare at him. He hadn't yelled at Kagome like that since..well, NEVER!! They looked over at Kagome who was hiding behind Kirara and not looking at anyone.

"ANSWER ME, DARN IT!!!!"

Kagome put her hands together and did the whole pad of paper and pencil thing again. Inuyasha narrowed his eyes dangerously at her. He had forgotten she couldn't talk. He turned his sharp glare at Shippo, who stood there too scared to move or squeak.

"Go..get..her..stuff..Shippo.." Inuyasha said to the kitsune. "NOW!!!!!!!" He yelled when Shippo didn't move. Shippo 'eeped' and ran in the direction both Inuyasha and Kagome had come from. Hoping and praying to whoever would listen that he would be able to find the camp site of theirs. If he couldn't find it, he would probably be killed by Inuyasha.

After an hour had passed, the group began to worry about Shippo.As Miroku got up to look for him, Shippo ran into the area with Kagome's pad of paper and pencil. He handed them to Kagome, who took them and quickly wrote something down and handed it to Sango who was sitting next to her.

She read:

*He's going to kill me if I say why I dyed his hair!* Sango blinked at the paper, 'dyed'? She looked at Inuyasha's hair. It didn't look dead, it just looked like a red weeping willow tree.

"Dyed?" She asked Kagome and handed her stuff back. Kagome gave a silent sigh and GWB'ed

She Read:

*Dyed means, I colored his hair a different color than his normal color. It's easier to say dyed instead of colored. If you look at Inuyasha's hair, you see that it's now red instead of silvery-white. Dye usually means permanant. Or it could mean that his hair could stay red for maybe 2 or 3 days. And since I put styling gel in his hair with the dye, it will last maybe 2 or 3 days.*

"Styling gel?" She asked, Kagome GWBed

*Look at his hair. See how it's up in weird places? That's what the styling gel did.*

"Sango! Read it out loud!" Inuyasha snapped at her when she read it to herself. Sango read the notes out loud.

"And what has that got to do with why she 'dyed' my hair and put 'styling gel' in it?" Inuyasha asked annoyed, but also relieved to find out that it wasn't permanant. He sat down crosslegged and put his hands into his sleeves. Inuyasha glared at Miroku when he heard Miroku give off a smothered laugh. Miroku pressed his lips together trying not to smile again, and put on a serious face. But as soon as Inuyasha turned his glare over to Kagome, he let his smile come on his face at full max. The way Inuyasha was sitting made him look like, some sort of flower. The way his hair rose to about 4 intches and then drooped down.

Kagome cringed at the glare and quickly WBed,

Sango read out loud,

"Sango wanted to know what 'dye' and 'styling gel' meant."

"But Kagome...why did you do that to his hair?" Shippo asked, looking at Inuyasha's hair. It looked like his head was full of red spider legs.

Sango read the note out loud that Kagome wrote,

"Well...um...he was being a Jerk!! He thought he could contoll me and I had to teach him that he couldn't..." Everyone looked at Kagome. Kagome gave another silent sigh. She had forgotten that in this time men did kind of controll women. So it surprised her when Miroku smacked Inuyasha in the head with his staff.

"Ow!! What was that for monk??" Inuyasha asked scowling at him. Miroku cleared his throat and shot a glare at Inuyasha, before looking at Kagome,

"Well..Kagome he is a dog demon..well part one anyway. It's in his blood to take controll of the female." he said.

"Miroku is right. You can't just punish him for being himself." Sango added. Though she was kind of glad what Kagome did to Inuyasha. Kagome frowned at crossed her arms, going into a pout. Here she thought they were going to take her side. But of course not. Sometimes she hated the Feudal Era.

~*~Later that day~*~

"I'm surprised that you wanted to travel with your hair..like that." Miroku said to Inuyasha as they walked down a forest path.

"I'm just looking for a river or stream or some kind of water form, so I can wash this stuff out." Inuyasha replied. He looked a head of him at Kagome. She hadn't once gotten near him since what she did. She stayed really close to Sango, Shippo and Kirara.

"Oh..I see. Inuyasha is there something wrong?" Miroku asked as he noticed Inuyasha stop. Inuyasha said one name,

"Kikyo." As soon as he said her name she stepped in front of Kagome, Sango and the other two. Inuyasha ran up the them, followed by Miroku.

"What do you want Kikyo?" Miroku asked, standing by Kagome's side.

"I am here to speak with Inu....ya..sha.." She said his name slowly as she looked over at him. Was it just her or was his hair red and up in weird angles? She looked over at Inuyasha's group. The Monk, Demon Exterminator and Kitsune were looking away. She could tell they were trying not to laugh. She looked at her reincarnation. She was staring at the ground like it was the most fascinating thing in the world.

"Inuyasha. What did you do to your hair?" Kikyo asked him. She watched as Inuyasha scowled and then glared over at her reincarnation. She looked at the girl, who was still staring at the ground, then looked back to Inuyasha. She couldn't help let the little giggle slip from her mouth.

"We...hehe..will speak some other time..Inuyasha." Kikyo said quickly and walked away. Inuyasha watched her leave and then heard laughter. Was Kikyo laughing at him? Hearing some more laughing, but closer he turned around and saw the group laughing their heads off again.

'Kagome, you'll get it!!' Inuyasha thought angerly as he glared at the girl, who the only one not laughing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: Chapter 7 YAY!!!