InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Vow Of Silence ❯ Choosing Her and A Revenge Plan ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Look!! Look!! I'm posting a chapter!! The long waited chapter!! WOOHOO!!! For those who think I'm going to allowing Inuyasha control Kagome...think again.

Please give a warm and HUGE Thank you To Cryxxy-chan!! Who is now my beta-reader!! My much needed beta-reader! THANK YOU!!!

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Inuyasha and Co., so yeah..leave me be!!!

GWB----> GRABBED it, WROTE something down and handed it BACK.

~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 8: Choosing Her and A Revenge Plan

~*~

Inuyasha looked at Kagome and growled for the umpteenth time that day. Apparently when she decided to dye his hair, she didn't think about making sure there was a source of water nearby.

'Stupid human wench,' Inuyasha growled in his head.

Kagome, for the most part, was trying to ignore the glares and growls she was reciving from the inu-hanyou. But each time he growled at her, the gang seemed to have a giggling fit, making it more difficult, therefore causing the inu hanyou to glare and growl harder at her.

Sango stole a glance at Inuyasha and tried to smother her giggle. He just looked too funny! He didn't look all that thrilled...but funny looking nonetheless. After a minute she couldn't take it anymore and burst out laughing. The growls he made just made her laugh a little harder. With the way he looked, the growls made him seem like a very angry flower as Miroku put it so eloquently. Miroku and Shippo soon joined her as she laughed at Inuyasha.

Kagome cringed, wishing they'd stop. Sure, it may have been funny at first but not anymore. She sighed silently and continued working on the math homework from Hell. After Kikyo had came and went the gang decided it would be best to rest for a while. Well, it was more Inuyasha's idea then anyone else's. Probably because she said they would talk later.

Kagome frowned. Why did she always show up like that? Kikyo would just come out of nowhere, declare she wanted to talk to Inuyasha, they both would leave, and then Inuyasha would come back looking sad and depressed. The way he looked always made her feel sad. She didn't want him to go through the pain Kikyo seemed to always bring with her.

Kagome did care about Inuyasha despite the fact she dyed his hair. Heck, she loved Inuyasha and now felt really, really, really horrible for dying his hair. She felt bad that his hair made Kikyo laugh at him, but part of her was kind of happy that Kikyo laughed at him because of her prank. Maybe he would see that Kikyo really wasn't the right girl for him.

She let out another silent sigh. Something was nagging her about something in the back of her mind. Something about a kiss. She shook her head to clear it of the nagging thought and looked back at her homework.

'Math. Why do you have to be so hard to figure out?' She thought with a frown. '3 divided by negitive 27 x 45f + 23 - 3(f + 23) x 10(3f - 5) - 4f =...what?' She closed her book with a snap. There was no way she was going to try and figure that one out. She was just about to put the book away when one of Kikyo's soul-catchers flew into the camp they'd set up. She watched as Inuyasha stood up and followed it without a word.

'Fine! Go see her! See if I care,' she thought angrily, 'You chose me as your mate anyway.' She gasped. 'That's right! He did choose me as his mate. I completely forgot about that. Me! That kiss he gave me! Oh and I dyed his hair! Inuyasha, I'm so sorry!' She brought her knees to her chest, resting her arms and head on them feeling quit stupid. She had forgotten about the mating kiss. That kiss meant he chose her over Kikyo! He loved her and not Kikyo! She smiled and almost giggled with joy but then frowned. Inuyasha chose her and now she felt horrible for dying his hair.

~*~

Inuyasha grumbled to himself as he followed the soul-catcher to Kikyo. How could Kagome do this to him!? Him! The one who protected her, the one who carried her, the one who chose her as his mate! He sighed. He chose Kagome and he had to tell Kikyo that. He really wished he didn't but he had to.

"You still have red hair, Inuyasha." Kikyo said as he approached her. She smiled, not caring that he saw.

"Yeah, I do. I haven't found some water yet, so it's going to be red for a while. Well, at least until I find some water," he replied. He looked at her and mentally sighed. This was going to be hard. He told her he would protect her, but he didn't love her anymore. She had to be told that he wasn't going to go to hell with her.

"What did you want to talk about?" he asked.

"Naraku is forming a plan. I don't know of what yet, but he's forming one." Kikyo said, "He's made another demon from himself. He calls it 'Michio'."

"Michio?"

"Yes."

Inuyasha frowned. What was Naraku up to now?

"Are you sure he's forming a plan?" he asked. She nodded in response. "Well, we'll be able to face whatever it is."

"Just remember Inuyasha, you can't die by his hands. You will die by mine." Kikyo said as she started to walk away. Inuyasha took a deep breath.

"No, I won't." he said cringing a little when she stopped. Kikyo turned to him frowning.

"What did you say?" she asked.

"I said I won't die by your hands, Kikyo. I'm not going to hell with you." Inuyasha looked at the ground, not wanting to see her face.

"What do you mean you aren't coming with me to hell? You promised!" Kikyo almost yelled.

"I'm sorry Kikyo."

"Why?" She asked in a deadly quiet voice. She narrowed her eyes, "It's that girl, isn't it? My reincarnation made you go against your promise, didn't she?" Inuyasha looked at her and then bowed his head.

"How?"

"I chose her Kikyo. She didn't force me to choose her and not you."

"Why? Tell me why!" Kikyo's voice had an edge of desperation in it.

"She wants me for who I am. She makes me smile when I shouldn't, she cries for me when I'm hurt, and she loves me Kikyo. She's told me she never wanted to leave my side." Inuyasha said this while looking Kikyo straight in the eyes. He needed her to understand that his decision was final. He wasn't choosing her. He was choosing Kagome and Kagome only.

"But! I love- "

"You might've loved me a long time ago, but you don't anymore. You hate me now Kikyo."

"Do-do you love her?" Kikyo asked searching his face for any sign that he was lying about any of this. She was surpised to see a small, gentle smile grace his face.

"Yes. I do love her."

"But what about what she did to your hair? You can't love her after that!" Kikyo shouted outraged that he was really choosing her reincarnation. Inuyasha scowled

"Even if she dyed my hair a thousand times, I would still love her. But she won't get off easy for doing this." He said grabbing one of his now red locks deepening his scowl.

"You'll regret choosing her Inuyasha! I swear!" Kikyo shouted at him as her soul-catchers circled around her, lifting her up into the air.

"You should have kept your promise!" With that threat said she disappeared with her creatures. Inuyasha bowed his head and headed back to camp.

"I'm sorry Kikyo," he whispered as he walked away.

~*~

When Inuyasha had returned, the gang headed out again in search of water and a jewel shard, if Kagome happened to sense one.

"Inuyasha's been quiet for a while," Miroku whispered to Sango so Inuyasha who was walking a little ways in front of them wouldn't hear, "What do you think happened?"

"Who knows?" Sango shrugged, "Maybe Kikyo laughed at him again?"

Both shrugged and continued on their journey in silence. Kagome, on the other hand, was pondering why he looked so happy. His aura seemed to glow happily, making her smile a bit, but it seemed to be tinged with sorrow also. Something was weird about the happy glow he had though. It looked and felt sort of cruel. Nah. Inuyasha wouldn't have a cruel glow around him. Kagome decided to ignore it and think about other stuff like math, exams and other school things. Poor Kagome shouldn't have ignored that glow.

'No, no. That would be too predictable. Maybe if I put worms into her sleeping bag? No, that wouldn't work either,' Inuyasha thought. He had been thinking how he was going to get back at Kagome and the other three. Kirara didn't do anything, so she got off the hook. The other three had laughed at him so they deserved whatever he was going to think of.

"Maybe when we get to the water I will think of something," he mumbled aloud, "I could... yeah... YEAH! That's perfect. I'll have Kirara help me out with it."

"Have Kirara help you out with what?" Shippo asked, startling Inuyasha.

"None of your business, brat!" Inuyasha snapped at him, making him run to Kagome. "Stupid fox..." he mumbled before getting back to his revenge plan.

'When we find the water source, most likely a spring, I know Kagome and Sango would want to take baths. Miroku, naturally, would follow and he'll get it first, the pervert. Then I'll have Kirara sneak up on Shippo. And since Sango is always the first to get done bathing and get dressed, she'll go next, leaving Kagome.'

An evil smirk spread across Inuyasha's face. Oh yes, Revenge would be his and it would be sweet.

~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N: Just so you know Inu's revenge plan isn't going to be all that good. (well I don't think it is) So don't get your hopes up okay? okay! Next chapter 'Revenge Can Be Sweet'. Oh and hehe..no I'm not meaning to make Inuyasha out as a pervert by knowing Sango gets out first and stuff. He knows because Miroku has a big mouth.

-MoonStar18