InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Vow Of Silence ❯ Revenge Can Be Sweet ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 9: Revenge Can Be Sweet

The gang was begining to tire from all the walking they were doing. Inuyasha was insisting that they get to a water source before the can rest. They figured it was because he didn't want his hair red anymore, while in reality he had a nasty plan forming in that doggy brain of his. True he didn't want red hair anymore, but more so he wanted revenge .


"Inuyasha, I know you want to get to a water source and I know you're kind of mad at Kagome right now, but come on! She's really tired, just look at her." Sango complained. Stopping Inuyasha looked over at Kagome; who was taking one slow step over another, she did look tired. Sighing he walked towards her.


Kagome froze in her spot when she noticed Inuyasha was walking towards her. Her mind was racing with all kinds of panicky thoughts. What was he going to do? Was he going to yell at her? Tell her to move faster or else he would, he would, well she couldn't even finish that thought. When he was right in front of her; she closed her eyes, waiting for the yelling to starts, so imagine her surprise when none came. She opened her eyes to see no one there. She looked around confused and saw Sango and Miroku pointing down by her feet. Looking down she saw Inuyasha kneeling on one knee, his back face to her.


"You gonna get on or what?" He asked gruffly. Hesitating slightly Kagome climbed onto his back and wrapped her legs around his waist. Automatically Inuyasha put his hands under knees. Standing up, he signaled with his head for the others to follow. Sure, he was going to get Kagome back for doing this to his hair, but he didn't want her to suffer. It wasn't right to make ones mate-to-be suffer, even if they did something horrible like she did.


They walked and walked some more. Finally Inuyasha picked up noise of a waterfall.


"Hey! Everybody! Water over to our right. Let's go and set up camp there." Inuyasha said to them all. Everyone cheered, except Kagome and Kirara. "I get the water first understood?" Inuyasha told them all as he lead the way to the waterfalls. When they found a clearing, Inuyasha set Kagome down and told them all to make camp.


"The waterfall is straight that way," he said as he pointed behind him "I'll be going first, after me, you all can go." Making sure that was completely clear to everyone he asked Kagome for her 'sham poo' and walked to the waterfall. About halfway there he picked up a scent he knew all to well, and it was coming from the camp sight.


"Sesshomaru." Turning around, he quickly ran back to find Kirara in her big form and Sango and Miroku posed to fight, with Sesshomaru looking at them all coldly. Quickly, without really thinking about it, Inuyasha stepped in front of Kagome protectively.


"What do you want Sesshomaru?" Inuyasha growled out. Sesshomaru who happened to be looking at the Monk and Demon exterminator, let his cold gaze turn to Inuyasha. What he saw completely stunned him, leaving him open-mouthed in amazement. His half-brother was, well red , totally and utterly red .



Inuyasha couldn't help but give out a very annoyed growl, not directed to Sesshomaru, but to Kagome, who was shrinking lower and lower behind him. Not being able to take the open-mouth shocked look from Sesshomaru Inuyasha snapped,



"What do you want!?" The voice if his annoying half-brother snapped Sesshomaru out of his daze. He gained his composure and glared at Inuyasha.



"I was going to the waterfall. Rin, here is thirsty." He said as he pointed to the small girl behind him, holding his fluffy tail.
hurry up and go get your water. I need to wash my hair out." Inuyasha snorted as he watched his brother leave the camp sight. Mumbling to himself he turned to the others,



"Stay here." Was all he said before he took off after Sesshomaru. He caught up with Sesshomaru quickly at the waterfall. Sesshomaru pretended to ignore him while he let Rin drink some water. Inuyasha just stood there with shampoo still in hand, waiting for them to leave. He didn't need anyone else to see him like this. It was bad enough to have Kikyo see him. But having his annoying half- brother to see him like this and the face he gave was just too much. He was so looking forward to his revenge.



"You know little brother that is a good look for you." Sesshomaru said, not looking at Inuyasha. Inuyasha scoffed,



"Get your water and leave. I don't want you around them again." He said indicating to his group, but more so to Kagome. Sesshomaru was a male and he was an enemy, he had no right to go near something that belonged to Inuyasha.



"Come Rin. It's time to go." Sesshomaru said and started to walk away with the little girl following him. After Inuyasha made sure Sesshomaru was really gone he gave an annoyed sigh and undressed and jumped into the water, dunking his head under water to get it wet.. Putting a big glop of shampoo in his hand, like he watched Kagome do, he them proceeded to shampoo his hair. As soon as he was satisfied with the foam he dunked under water again and rinsed his hair out. When he surfaced he noticed the water was red, like his hair. Wading out a bit he looked at his reflection, he had some red still left. Going back he put another glob of shampoo in his hair and foamed it up again. Dunking one last time he rinsed his hair again. When he came back up he wading out a little further and looked at all of his hair. Not a red string in sight. Smiling he got out of the water and shook off. He dressed and headed back to camp.



"His face! Ahahahahaha, was just too funny!" Sango was laughing. As did Miroku and Shippo.



"I didn't find it so funny." Inuyasha said as he stepped into the camp sight. Everyone looked at him. He was back to normal, white hair and everything. No more did he look like Medusa, a red willow tree, drooping red flower or red spider legs. Sango, Miroku and Shippo all sighed. Their fun was over, they could no longer laugh at him. Well, the still could, but not for the same reason.



"Kagome and Sango can go bathe now." Inuyasha said as he sat down. Kagome and Sango stood, gathered their things and left. Never seeing the wicked smile start to play on the hanyou's face. When the girls were a little ways away, Miroku stood with Shippo on his shoulder.



"I'll just go for a walk." He said as he started to walk off in the directing the girls went.



"I don't think so Monk." Inuyasha growled, "Go for a walk that way." He said pointing in the opposite direction the girls went. Miroku sighed and started to walk that way. Man, that hanyou could be annoying. Before they got too far Inuyasha called out,



"Make sure he doesn't go near the waterfall Shippo!" He saw Shippo nodded and watched the two disappeared. If he could have laughed out loud he would have. His plan was now in action. He looked over at Kirara who was sitting there looking at him.



"Kirara, I need you to help me out with something." Motioning with his hand for her to come closer he sat down. She came and sat by him,



"So here's what I need you to do, because" he started to tell her, his plan and her part in it. It kind of surprised him when she mewed her agreement.



"Okay, let's get started." With that they both stood up and ran after Miroku and Shippo, well not exactly in the same direction they walked off too, but a little to the right. Knowing both had started to head towards the waterfall. Both got a little a head of Miroku and Shippo and Inuyasha set up his trap.



"Okay, make sure they go here," he said pointing the right spot. "Shippo will probably run, so make sure you catch him. Remember what to do?" Kirara nodded and Inuyasha smiled, "Good, I'll go and set up Sango and Kagome." He smiled one last time and then raced off in the direction of the waterfall.



"Miroku, Inuyasha said not to let you go this way. Turn around, I don't want to be hit!" Shippo whined as Miroku continued his journey to the waterfall.



"Calm down Shippo, I'll make sure he won't hit you." He was taking another step when a twig snapped behind him. Stopping, he listened for the noise again. When none came he started to walk again. He only got a little ways, when a twig snapped again. Was something following them? He looked around, he didn't see any- wait! He saw a shadow form, a form that looked like it had flames? Frowning he looked around for the shadow again.



"What's going on Miroku?" Shippo whispered, he had heard and seen the shadow as well.



"I don't know, let's keep moving." Miroku said as he started walking again, but faster. A twig snapped to his right, making him step closer to his left. Soon another twig snapped behind him, making his pace quicken. He had started to stray to his right again, but a twig snapped, making him go back to the left. A growl was heard, making him run, having Shippo hold onto him. He thought about using his void-hole but, what if it was just a stray animal just watching him or maybe a human? He didn't want to take the chance. He was just about to tell Shippo to hold on tighter when something wrapped around his right ankle, swinging him up in the air. He let out a yell, and looked down at the ground. He was kind of high up and Shippo who had already fallen, was looking up at him terrified


"Go get some help!" Miroku yelled at him. Shippo nodded and started running towards the waterfall when something snagged him from behind, making him scream out.



Sango and Kagome who were still bathing in the waterfall heard the yell and scream.


"What do you think is wrong?" Sango asked, and only got silence for an answer.



"Stay here, I'll go check it out." She said as she got out and got dressed. Kagome would have protested to that, but she couldn't speak. Without looking behind her Sango walked off in the direction the noise had come from.



Kagome stood in the water, not knowing what to do. She was alone, naked and she couldn't scream if something was going to attack her. A couple of minutes had past when she heard Sango yell out. Not wanting to be left alone anymore she quickly got out and dressed, then ran in the direction of the camp, hoping that Inuyasha was there.




Sango had her weapon out and ready as she walked through the area looking for Miroku and Shippo. Maybe Inuyasha had saved them already? She didn't know and she wasn't just going to ignore the yells, so she continued her search. As she crept forward a shadow figured jumped out in front of her, she threw her weapon at the shadow, but missed. The next thing she knew she was tied upside down on a tree.



"HEY!!" She yelled out only to be greeted by a chuckled. She knew that chuckle!



"Inu-!" she was cut off when a hand was put over her mouth.



"Ssshh, Sango. This is just my revenge for laughing at me." Inuyasha said, "I know need to go get Kagome. Have fun 'hanging' around." Inuyasha laughed as he took off towards the camp.




Kagome found the camp sight deserted. There wasn't even a camp right lit. Something was wrong, Inuyasha should have been here, or Sango or even Miroku and Shippo! She decided right then and there, if something was about to attack her she would scream out for help. Screw the Vow Of Silence! She valued her life much more then she valued keeping that dare.



As she took another step a twig snapped behind her. Stiffening when she felt a demon aura behind her, it was kind if familiar and then again, since she was too scared to tell who it belonged to, it still was 'evil'. She heard the thing move, making noise on purpose. It was making circles around her. She couldn't see it, but she could hear it movie tree by tree. She tried to follow it, the noise stopped. She looked around and jumped. There! She saw a shadow figure! The figure moved again, where did it go? Deciding she had enough of this she started to look for her bow and arrows. But, the figure had different ideas, when she looked up for the figure, she found it right in front of her!



She opened her mouth to scream out for Inuyasha, when she felt lips on her lips and a tongue invade her mouth. She was to shocked to do anything at first, but when she felt the tongue start to move, she started to push as the figure. She felt the lips of the figure smirk. The figures hands pushed her hands away and then grabbed her waist, bringing her closer. One arm wrapped around her waist as the other hand pressed against the back of her neck, making it so she couldn't move.



She tried again to push away. She was loosing air and she didn't know who this was kissing her! French kissing her of all things, how dare this, this, thing kiss her! She was just about to bring her knee up when the figure pulled away and chuckled. Her knee froze in place.



"That wouldn't be wise Kagome." The figure said. "You don't want me to get mad at you again, do you?" Kagome knew that voice! It was, Inuyasha!! Hearing him give a content sigh she looked, well tried to look at his face. It was pitch black so she couldn't really see anything but his outline.



"Hmm, you know, revenge can be sweet."




AN: Well everyone said they wanted some kissing action, so there you go! I told you though it wasn't going to be a cool revenge. I had so much trouble thinking of it...bleh. Well next chapter they're all on the move again, and whats this? Inuyasha keeps giving a sly smile over at Kagome? Hmmm, wonder why? ::whistle::
::grumbles:: Stupidness of it all! Sorry if it looks stupid right now. Something went wrong and it's all..well stupid.
-MoonStar18