InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Wake Me Up Inside ❯ Chapter 18

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wake Me Up Inside
 
Chapter 18
 
 
Disclaimer: Is it really necessary to type this thing for every single chapter when it's already redundantly obvious that I don't own anything?
 
Japanese Glossery
 
Osuwari = Word used when telling a dog to sit
-chan = Suffix used with close friends (normally by females), or by an adult when saying the name of a child
Aa, mou = All right, already!
 
Beta-read by: DarklessVasion, Nysoku, and b00kperson
 
------------------------------------------------------
 
“One time, the four of us guys went out camping. Well, Keito and I got stuck with breakfast duty. So, we got up at the crack of dawn and went out fishing. Luck was in our favor that morning and we managed to catch three good size trout and a channel catfish. Perfect for breakfast. But, given that this was Keito and I, we couldn't stop there. Oh, no,” Inuyasha said animatedly as he sat telling Sherry silly `Yue and Company' stories to pass the time. The young girl gasped at where the current tale was headed.
 
“Uh-oh,” she giggled gleefully, eager to hear of the fate that became of Dave and Zack. Yue cackled softly.
 
“So then, we took the two panfish with us back to the campsite. I mean…we still needed a way to get the other two up, right?”
 
“Oh no!” Sherry shrieked amidst another volley of giggles muffled by a tiny hand slapping over her mouth.
 
“Oh yeah! We snuck into the other tent and slipped those fishies into their sleeping bags and let the fish do all the work. Slimy, prickly finned, and wiggling all over the place. Our payload deployed, we got the heck outta dodge seconds before the forest serenity was destroyed by two guys waking up screaming with wet slimy wigglies flop'n around under the covers,” he finished laughing as though it had happened just last week rather than several years ago. Sherry burst into tear-inducing laughter imaging the other two Stooges reacting to such a wake-up call. “Yeah, that's the last time they ever asked us to do breakfast.”
 
“Next time, you'll take me, right?” Sherry grinned and prodded him in the ribs. “Right? Right?” she repeated swiftly, prodding additional times with a mischievous grin.
 
“ACK! All right, all right! I promise! Next time Strawberry Shortcake gets to come too,” he conceded, wearing an equally mischievous grin.
 
“Hey! I'll get you for that!” Sherry cried out as she pounced him and started tickling the sensitive fur on the inside of his ears. Inuyasha squealed, flip-flopping his ears and batting at her hands to get the child to stop whilst succumbing to a fit of involuntary laughter. A massive tickle war ensued only to be thwarted minutes later when Inuyasha heard faint familiar sounds drifting towards his room from the hall.
 
“Speaking of the Stooges, I believe I hear them coming now. Keito just refuses to stay out of the action,” the hanyou mused as he heard his friend's voice echoing through the hallways. Sherry laughed, but at the same time wanted to whine. She'd been having too much fun and wasn't eager for it to end so soon. Inuyasha recognized the look in her eyes and hugged her. “I won't be far. You know that.”
 
“I know, but… I like hearing your voice. I wish this stupid thing was over with. It's not fair,” the child whined as she buried her face in the tough yet worn material of the hanyou's fire rat haori. She held onto him like there was no tomorrow.
 
“Life is often like that, Sherry. Whether we like it or not. But…I'll beat this. I promise. Just you wait and see. The time is coming. I don't know exactly when or how, but it'll be soon. Till then, you get to tell those three to behave themselves and Kagome not to cry,” he spoke softly, enjoying the affections bestowed upon him. He chuckled at the thought those last words put into his mind. “Although, she is more than welcome to stay over any time. You'll have to teach her your little trick. How's that? The student teaching the teacher,” he chuckled, doing his best to try and cheer the girl up.
 
“Okay,” Sherry awarded him with a genuine smile.
 
“And Sherry…”
 
“Hmm?”
 
“Stay strong. BUT if you feel like there is a problem or that you're not safe, promise me you'll tell one of the others. Beth, Kagome, Mark, even the Stooges if one of them is available. Day or night, it doesn't matter. If you need something, promise me you'll tell them,” he pleaded to her with total seriousness in his eyes.
 
“Okay. I promise,” she nodded again.
 
“Okay,” he concluded, giving her one last strong hug. “On that note,” he released her and took a step back before unsheathing Tessaiga, “I dub thee my official agent.” Inuyasha grinned and gently tapped her on the shoulder with the massive fang sword. Sherry's eyes went wide as she gasped at seeing the blade fully transformed for the first time. Then the hanyou's words sunk in and she giggled at his humorous bestowing of honor. “Now then…go out there and give poor Kagome a hand. Two mikos are better than one. Unless, of course, they both have set their romantic interest on the same poor abused hanyou. Then we end up with a bit of a problem and young fair hanyou becomes their venting bag.”
 
Sherry burst into laughter at Inuyasha's idiotic rambling moments before reality gave her soul a sharp tug back into proper place. “Eat plenty of ramen for me! Bye-bye now!!” the hanyou waved at her as she departed.
 
Then, he realized something, “Damn, I forgot to tell her to kick Keito in the ass for that stupid shirt he made me wear!”
 
 
-----------------------------------------------
 
 
Keito was the first to enter the room, after getting chased down the hallway by an enraged Dave. The moment Keito spotted the dozing Sherry, he spun on his heels to face Dave and thrust his palm to the other's mouth. Unable to resist the chance, Keito added in a headlock move.
 
“Hush, you ruffian! Little Sherry's trying to sleep!” the comedian shushed in a soft, gently scolding voice. In the next second, he found himself being grabbed by the arm, picked up as Dave swiveled away from the door, and flung through the air. His back collided with tiled floor with a rush of pain shooting through his back and stars dancing in front of his eyes. “Ooooh! Look at all the purdy lights! Tee-hee! Owwww…”
 
“Idiot,” Dave muttered before entering the room, ignoring the looks of shock he received from those unfamiliar with his personality.
 
“That…was really dumb, Keito,” Zack shook his head slowly.
 
“Boys, do you mind? I'd rather not send any of you off to the hospital if I can help it!” Beth reprimanded with a roll of her eyes.
 
“Yes, I can instantly see how well that baka can fit in with these three. It use to be him beating up on Miroku and Shippo, with an occasional Kouga dashing in to spice things up,” Kagome shook her head with a small laugh at the once slightly annoying memories.
 
“AHH!!” Sherry shot up with a brief screaming start where she lay beside Yue on the bed. Instantly, eyes snapped to her. She blinked her eyes a couple of times then turned around and smacked Yue on the shoulder. “Baka! It's your job to eat the ramen! Not mine! Jeez!” She huffed and got down from the bed to go greet the others. Zack and Dave exchanged looks while Beth and Kagome laughed.
 
“Hey, you should feel honored that he's actually willing to share it with you,” Kagome winked.
 
“Well, he did make me his official agent so…” Sherry responded as she pretended to think about it. “But okay!” she grinned gleefully. “Hi everybody!”
 
“Hello Sherry. How are you today?” Mark smiled as he entered the room.

“Don't even think about it,” Beth shot with a glare.
 
“What?” Mark asked innocently. “Keito, dost thou need any help getting up?”
 
“A hand would be appreciated,” came the groaning reply.

“I'm great. I got here a little early so I used the time to talk to Yue some more. I managed to do the same thing I did yesterday. We laughed and told silly stories and had tickle fights,” she giggled. “He told me about the time he and Keito put fishies in Dave's and Zack's sleeping bags.”
 
“What?” Dave gawked at the child as it dawned on him few people would know of that incident.
 
“Yeah. He said you two never let him and Keito handle breakfast on a camping trip again.”
 
“That's the truth,” Zack chuckled. “Okay, so lets hurry up and gather around so Kagome can tell the full version of this story of hers.”
 
 
-----------------------------------------------
 
 
Several hours later, Kagome finally concluded her tale and the room fell silent into thought. She sat on the bed next to Yue, Beth sat on the other side. Everyone else were in chairs circled around Kagome's side with Sherry sitting comfortably in Keito's lap.
 
“So prove it,” Dave said, breaking the silence.
 
“Uh-oh,” Sherry groaned.
 
“That would require another bail of hay out at my farm,” Beth told him.
 
“Then she can find another way. Can't she?” Dave countered. “If I remember you saying so, she can make that necklace work, right? So do it.”
 
`Oh, thank you very much Dave. You're such a considerate friend. Not!' groaned the unheard hanyou.
 
“Dave, that-“
 
“Shut up, Zach. I've given my challenge and I'm not backing down.”
 
“Maybe…maybe it might work,” Kagome pondered as she looked to her helpless soul mate.
 
`Of course you'd do it! You love playing with this toy around my neck!' Inuyasha's continued grumbling went unheard.
 
“Kagome-“ Beth started.
 
“I can see his side of this. He has a right to ask what he did. The two of us are here. If I'm careful, I don't think it should harm him too much,” the miko admitted.
 
`Ha! Ha-hahaha! Note to self, kill Keito and Dave!'
 
“All right, then since the rosary wants to send him to the ground, let's put him there first. Then, you can try it. There won't be as much pull. Plus, after that, if it does work, Dave will get to help Keito and Zack give Inuyasha that gift you bought yesterday,” Beth reasoned.
 
“Gift? What gift?” Keito asked with childish wonder.
 
`Should I be scared? I think…I think I'm scared.'
 
“Oh yeah! I like that plan,” Sherry grinned. “He'll look so cool!! Heck, he doesn't even know,” she giggled.
 
“Okay. Then that's how we'll do it. We can go get lunch while they do that then,” Kagome nodded.
 
`Oh gods, I'm definitely scared now. Guys you're so damn mean!' the muted mutt whined.
 
Keito picked Sherry up, stood, then set her in the chair where he'd been sitting. He got in a good wiggly-fingered blow to her sides, causing her to burst into giggles, then moved to the bedside. “Okay Dave, do ya wanna heft the head or the feet?” he asked.
 
“Head. That way if he decides to fart, he'll be doing it at you,” Dave said before shoving Keito to the foot of the bed.
 
“Oh, that's so very nice of you Dave. Hey Mark, do your ferrets poop in people's shoes?”
 
“Hey now! Keep my fuzzies out of your sick little jokes!” Mark defended with a pout.
 
Zach patted his shoulder sympathetically, “I feel your pain. Now you see what I've had to endure for so many years.”
 
“You do know we live to irritate the hell out of you, right Zach?” Keito grinned as he waited for Beth to disconnect Yue's IV and other attachments in such need for the temporary move to the floor.
 
“I'll go find more pillows,” the blond man responded before leaving to do so.
 
“Two should do it, Zach. Ask Linda if you can find her,” Beth called out behind Zach. Keito chuckled at his lack of answer to the question.
 
“Buckle up in there, Yue dude. We're go'n for a short trip,” Keito chirped causing Sherry and Kagome both to giggle.
 
`Vrooommm!' came the sarcastic reply that no one heard. On the count of three, Dave and Keito hoisted up the sleeping body of their friend and transferred him to the floor to the right of the bed and in front of the armchair.
 
“Weeee!!” Sherry giggled, playing along to Keito's joke by adding on a tire-screech type parking noise as Yue was settled on the floor.
 
`Sherry, you're cute but…QUIT EGGING THEM ON!!' Inuyasha protested. `How the hell do I keep getting mixed up with meddling mikos like this?' he whined to himself.
 
“Kagome? Are you all right? You look…a little dazed,” Keito commented noticing the miko's distant expression with furrowed brows and momentarily pale complexion. She failed to respond as she stared at Yue. He tapped her shoulder and she started with a firm jerk and a squeak. “Sorry about that. What's wrong, Kagome-chan?” he asked again in a softer empathetic voice.
 
“Oh, sorry,” she grinned sheepishly. “I just suddenly got lost in an old memory. That's all.”
 
“Too bad to tell?”
 
“No. I just was thinking about the first new moon night we spent together. I'd pressured him into checking out a youkai rumor not knowing how much danger he was in that night. We ended up getting attacked by spider demons. He got in a fight with the big cheese and got poisoned really bad. We had to hide in a storage room overnight. Myouga sucked most of the poison out but he was still really sick until the sun rose the next morning.”
 
“Got the pillows,” Zach announced as he strode back into the room with three pillows. He blinked at the heavy atmosphere and everyone suddenly staring at him, “What?”
 
“Did anyone ever tell ya you have the timing of a PMSing landlady on bill day?” Keito jabbed. He then looked back to Kagome, “The bad news is: Yue's still a stubborn ass when it comes to secrets like that. He once waited so long to tell us he was suffering from a devil of a migraine, which happened to be his first, that we ended up taking him to the ER because he was screaming that he was `having an aneurysm attack'. They had to knock him out with something then shoot him full of migraine meds. The good news is: He'll be fine. He doesn't give up. You of all people should know that.”
 
“I know he will. It was just sort of the imagery at the moment that triggered it I suppose. With all the crap I've been through, why wouldn't I be a textbook case of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder,” Kagome said sticking her tongue out to emphasize the point.
 
“You have a point, Kagome,” Beth said while she stuffed the pillows Zach brought under Yue's torso while Dave held him up.
 
“Though I seemed to have missed what started this, if what Kagome says is in fact legit, I would concur on her self-diagnosis,” Zach nodded.
 
“Oh, I get it. Okay. Just wanted to make sure you're okay,” Keito nodded.
 
“I am. Thanks for the concern,” she smiled at him.
 
“Most welcome Kagome-chan,” he grinned back then nodded to Yue as Dave set him down then moved out of the way. “Rock and roll, Sabrina.”
 
“Sabrina?” she blinked.
 
“Sabrina was the name of a teenage witch on a kid's show that aired here in the U.S. years ago,” Zach informed her.
 
“Oh, I see,” she nodded. She then looked to Yue and muttered softly, “Osuwari.”
 
Instantly, the necklace around Yue's neck glowed a cherry blossom pink before gently yanking him the short distance to the floor through the depression of the thick fluffy pillows. It wasn't a violent jerk like it usually was when Kagome used it in irritation or protection on someone's part. Instead, it was a quick tug just strong enough to display the necklace's power just as Kagome wished. A couple of seconds later, the glow vanished as the spell timed out and released its ward.
 
`Well, that one wasn't so bad. I bet I have a snowball's chance in hell of ever getting sat that nicely ever again,' Inuyasha snorted.
 
Dave quirked an eyebrow at what had taken place before him. Zach's eyes were bugging out at the event. Keito looked like he'd just seen a firework go off. Mark was impressed with it but at the moment was paying more attention to Beth's backside. His hand itched to touch it.
 
A loud slap resonated throughout the room and all eyes snapped to the cause. Mark had a new red hand print on the side of his face, yet was still smiling in dazed happiness as Beth muttered, “Pervert.”
 
`Leave it to Miroku to find a way to break the ice in here,' Inuyasha laughed.
 
“Dude, you have serious guts,” Keito cackled. He swiftly shut up when Beth shot him a glare that meant death should he choose to continue with that topic.
 
“All right, strange as it is, you've proved your point. I believe you, Kagome,” Dave said, throwing the conversation back on course. It took a moment, but Kagome finally found trust in the man's rather intimidating gaze.
 
“As do I,” Zach quickly affirmed. “If you should ever need anything, let us know,” he smiled.
 
“See? I told ya she was telling the truth. I just knew it. By the way, that was really spank'n awesome. Literally,” Keito piped, grinning cheekily at Kagome.
 
“Thanks guys,” the miko said while chuckling at Keito's pun.
 
“So what's this `gift' you were talking about?” Dave asked, curious as to what Kagome would have bought this time for his friend.
 
“Oh! Crap! I'll be right back; it's in my car. I'll go get it,” Kagome blurted as she grabbed her keys and dashed out the door to fetch the outfit she'd bought.
 
“And you're suppose to have powers like her?” Dave asked Sherry while gesturing to the briefly departed Kagome. Sherry blushed and nodded. “How come you can hear him and she can't?”
 
“She only figured out how to do it yesterday. Kagome hasn't had the chance to knowingly try. She might have been able to once but never realized the connection was there. Thus, she couldn't use it,” Beth answered on behalf of the little girl.
 
“Okay. That makes sense, I guess. But, there's no way in hell I'm sleeping with that idiot to try for myself. Keito's welcome to try if he wants,” Dave shrugged.
 
`Dave! GROSS!! Ugh! I do not need another Jakotsu!' Inuyasha wailed.
 
“I don't think so. Kagome will put one of those things on me and kick my ass,” Keito declined sticking his hands in the air in a `whoa' gesture.
 
“Now that, I would pay to see,” Dave laughed.
 
`Ditto!' Inuyasha agreed.
 
 
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------
 
Whizzbang Whoopsie!
 
Penguine: The following lines include an unexpected blooper as it had originally been typed. I managed to catch it before it hit the beta-reader this time.
 
--
 
“Buckle up in there, Yue dude. We're go'n for a short trip,” Keito chirped causing Sherry and Kagome both to giggle.
 
`Vrooommm!' came the sarcastic reply that no one heard. On the count of three, Dave and Keito hoisted up the sleeping body of their friend and transferred him to the floor to the right of the bed and in front of the air chair.
 
---
Keito: Air chair? What the heck is that? Sounds like something you'd go water skiing with. Hrmmm…let me just go hunt down a safety pin real quick. -He snickers.-
 
Sherry: If you blow up this chair while I'm still sitting in it, I'm so gonna make you do my math homework for the next week!
 
Yue: I've got a better idea. Have his brother steal his briefs and undershirts and dye them pink!
 
Sherry: Good idea!
 
Keito: Ack! Okay, okay…I'll forget about the safety pin!
 
Penguine: A-hem! And now back to the story.
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -----
 
 
Thirty minutes later, the food had been ordered, purchased, and brought back to the hospice while the Stooges and Mark had handled getting Yue decked out in the outfit Kagome had given him. It took some work, and a bit of coaching on what went where from Keito, but they finally managed to get it right. Keito had then immediately stated that he wanted one, prior to getting smacked by Dave.
 
The girls walked in to see the guys casually sitting around chatting about their favorite original Nintendo system video games. Then they saw the image Yue made with the new traditional medieval Japanese attire. Dressed in the deep purple with the vibrant red, yellow and orange hues of the rising sun depicted on the front of the haori, the image he made screamed Inuyasha despite the change from the signature fire rat red that he had once wore. Long shiny locks of straight ebony hair framed his face, and the rosary seemed to have been made to go with the clothes.
 
“Oh, wow! It looks awesome!” Sherry cried cheerfully as she took in the sight.
 
Kagome stood there with her mouth hanging open, stunned into silence. Suddenly, Yue didn't look like a young man dying in a hospice bed anymore. Instead, he looked as though he were recovering from another thrashing on the wrong night. He looked as he did when Kagome first met him pinned to the tree, yet this time he was human instead of hanyou. The face was still the same. In fact, he seemed to look even more innocent and boyish.
 
“Kagome?” Beth nudged.
 
“It's perfect,” Higurashi choked out, trying not to embarrass herself with tears at this particular moment.
 
“Where on earth did you get it? I want one. Hell, we're definitely gonna have to go on anti-Margaret guard with that get-up!” Keito blurted out while jabbing a thumb at Yue.
 
`I want a mirror. I have so got to see this thing,' Inuyasha input.
 
“This really cool Asian store in the mall in Nashville. They had lots of Buddha guys and elephants and funky smelling stuff and clothes. All kinds of stuff,” Sherry shared happily while sitting down with her happy meal.
 
`I hate food time. You guys always bring all this great smelling food, and never give me any!' the hanyou pouted.
 
“Okay, I think I know the one you're talking about,” Keito nodded. “What kind of toy did ya get, Sherry?”
 
“I…have no clue. Some purple thingy with a weird bubble in the center.”
 
“Maybe it lights up?”
 
“I don't think so…”
 
 
 
 
--------------
 
 
 
The group sat in a circle around a small card table one of the other nurses had brought in. The game was Uno and the stage was heating up. Keito and Beth each had two cards left. Dave was currently stuck with the most and a sour scowl upon his face. It was Mark's turn, and, as he made the hard decision of which of his five cards to play, Kagome stole a glance at Yue's face.
 
She was sitting on the side of the bed at his right hip. Sherry sat to her right and Beth to her left. In Kagome's lap lay his right hand, which her fingers idly caressed. Then suddenly, Sherry tensed while groaning, “Uh-oh.”
 
Kagome, as well as everyone else, looked to see what the child was bothered by. There in the door stood none other than Margaret Prentice. Beth's blood boiled. Zach stalled her outburst by being the one to speak up first, “Hello again, Margaret. It's been a while, I do believe. What's the occasion for your lovely little visit?”
 
Margaret's face turned red with fury as she jabbed finger at Kagome, “Who the hell is she?”
 
“I thought I smelt a rat,” Keito sneered. “But apparently my nose must not be working right. I see a hog snake that's crawled out of its slimy hole. Sorry, Margie. Kagome-chan's not on your menu. Yue would kick your ass. Though from what I heard of what went down last night, I wouldn't totally rule that out just yet.”
 
“Can it, fish breath. Yue-“ the vindictive blond started only to be shut-up by the swiftly rising frame of the rather intimidating man they called Dave.
 
“No, I've got a better idea, Margaretta. You can it. For your information, Kagome Higurashi happens to be Yue's current significant other. True, the lot of us didn't know of her existence till this week. The three of us didn't find out till yesterday. But she has proven her case to us, therefore if you even try to harm her in any way, whether verbal or physical, female or not you will be answering to me. Now, you can be a good girl and be nice or simply leave. Or, you can try to start more shit and leave via the rear seat of a cop car,” Dave told her coldly.
 
“Yeah, you don't want this chick to open her can of whoopass on you. If she can handle one as wild as Yue, you can be damn sure she can kick your can all the way back to the recycling center on Venus,” Keito added. He then turned to Sherry, “Apologies for the foul language.”
 
“Margaret, I've been told that Yue only dated you twice,” Kagome started in on her own. Margaret darted her gaze back to the Japanese woman with hatred in her stormy turquoise eyes. Aware that she had her wannabe-rival's attention, Kagome continued, “I was told that after that, he repeatedly turned you down every time you asked. He even went to the prom with someone else, not you. It seems to me, he made it perfectly clear to you that he does not love you, nor does he wish to pursue a romantic relationship with you. All he wants is your friendship. That's all you'll ever be no matter how hard you try to change it. If you truly care for him, wouldn't you rather have that then nothing at all? Why risk making him hate you when he finally does get better?
 
“If you're his friend, then prove it. Be here as a friend. He needs those more than anything else in the world right now. Look at all the so-called friends that stopped coming to see him. How many have come back after that first month? How many came back after the first year? How many came back at all since that first month?
 
“He's not dead. He's still there. Just because he can't respond doesn't mean that he doesn't know what's going on. He can hear us, feel us, smell us, just like any other. There's just something preventing his body from showing us that he's aware. Think of how lonely that must be, stuck like that. He's got it hard enough as it is. Instead of trying to do things to hurt those that are close to him, try to help him. I'm sure you must be busy with your own life, but you can at least find time every once in a while to come see him. Talk to him. Tell him what is happening in the world beyond this room. Tell him stories or jokes. Bring music for him to listen to. Just do something to show you care. It's not that hard.”
 
The room was silent as the grave as Kagome pelted the woman with a dose of constructive criticism, rather than angry ranting. All eyes bounced between her and Margaret while the one unable to see intently listened in. Margaret was obviously unsure what to make of her after this unexpected turn of the tides. Her band of new friends were amazed by her peaceful approach to the problem, save for the one who knew her best.
 
`Kagome, that's one of the reasons why I love you. You can get hopping mad, and yet… you find ways to handle such volatile situations so simply and rationally. It's this intelligent compassion of yours that spoke to me when I couldn't and wouldn't hear the rest of the world,' praised the unheard hanyou.
 
`You spoke to me, and you gained my attention.
You consoled me, and you gained my friendship.
You healed me, and you gained my protection.
You protected me, and you gained my trust.
You loved me, and you gained my affection.
You endured hell with me, holding my hand through it all, and you gained my heart and soul eternally.'
 
“That couldn't have been said any better, Kagome,” Zach smiled softly as he commended her.
 
“Ditto. I feel like such an ass,” Keito admitted.
 
“That's because you are one, moron,” Dave said, rolling his eyes.
 
“Shut-up. I didn't ask you're opinion, Prather,” Keito shot back.
 
“Boys! For crying out loud, you sound like him and Kouga going at it,” Kagome scolded while pointing to Yue. She then looked back to Margaret. “Look, what's done is done. None of us can change the past. But we can still do things to make it right. If you can find time to come and visit Yue, then I won't mind forgetting that we ever got off on the wrong foot. I don't know you, and you don't know me. Neither of us have any right to judge the other. Let's try to be friends, if not for each other, then for Yue's sake. After all, everything that goes on in this room is for Yue. Not you. Not me. Not the doctors or nurses. Not even for all of these guys that guard him so fiercely. For Yue, can you try to get along?” the miko continued to plead with Margaret.
 
The blond took a long moment to think over the proposition. Despite her continuing dislike of the girl on the grounds of romantic rivalry, Margaret realized acceptance of the proposition was her only option. Kagome did have a point. This was Yue's room and everything that happened here was suppose to be for him, whether she liked it or not.
 
If, by the cobweb thin chance that the story of her being someone truly of value to Yue, then Margaret knew well how mad he would be if Kagome were put down or hurt in anyway. She had taken a risk of not believing the story to take a shot at the girl. Margaret had seen with her own eyes how Yue had reacted to those who'd tried to snag dates from him. She knew she'd been lucky to have gotten the two dates she'd landed with him. As far as she knew only a couple of other girls ever got that chance, and those chicks didn't even get second shots. From the way Yue's three buddies stood by her claim, there seemed to be a bigger chance of truth than she'd anticipated. She couldn't help but wonder how Kagome managed to catch him when so many others failed.
 
There were obviously pieces of the puzzle that Margaret was missing. She knew that now. There was no way she would have a chance at falling her rival if she didn't have everything she needed to win. The only way to find those pieces was to get involved and get to know the girl. That's on top of the fact that in the end, everything revolved around Yue. Margaret had no choice in the matter.
 
“All right. I'll accept. But that doesn't mean that I like you. It only means I'll give you a chance to prove your worth,” she replied coolly.
 
Kagome made a sort of half smile half frown, “It seems that's all I've been doing lately.”
 
“Nuh-unh! You've made a whole lot of friends and had loads of fun too!” Sherry objected with an adorable fussy face.
 
“Hey, she's right, Kagome,” Keito agreed. “Even if you were about to lose at Uno. “
 
“I'm tied with you, jerk!” Beth shot with a scowl while leaning over to swat at him. Keito abandoned his chair to get out of range while Mark covertly snuck in a feel. He was instantly met with a firm slap across the cheek. “You're no better, you perverted ignoramus!”
 
Kagome couldn't help but leak a few giggles, “Where would I be without the bunch of you?”
 
“As someone who's watched you in the Grill for a while, I can call myself a reliable respondent to that question. You'd be sitting in a corner, doing your homework and trying to hide from the world,” Mark answered matter-of-factly.
 
“Watched her in the Grill for a while, eh? What prevented you from going after her?” Keito asked quirking a brow with a smirk.
 
“The fact that something told me she would roast me, toast me, and feed me to the birds if I got too close. Either that or brush me off, which she actually did a few times when I did get up the nerve to try. The day I finally got to her was when she'd come to lunch just after that field trip that lead her here for the first time. She looked liked she'd lost her best friend so I couldn't sit by any longer. It was then that I learned I hadn't a chance with her after that discovery. Oh well. It appears I am destined to chase after a different fiery tempered femme,” Mark replied casually.
 
“Dude, what a whammy. Now yer stuck with the three of us and Sherry as well as them!” Keito cackled in return.
 
“The more, the merrier, right?” Mark grinned back.
 
“Unless you're in a steady relationship. He's been known to try to kiss guys. I'm not sure Beth would handle you dipping in a second bucket let alone one like that,” Dave pointed out.
 
“What the…now that was just plain wrong Dave. Poor Sherry!” Keito objected. Dave blanched.
 
“Wait a minute, you're not denying that remark. Minus Sherry, of course. Duh! You know damn well I don't think like that, moron. Don't even try to push it there!” Prather quickly retorted.
 
“Life will never be dull ever again,” Sherry commented to Kagome.
 
“You can say that again,” the miko nodded while the chaos continued to churn.
 
 
----------------------------------
 
 
Kagome tossed in her bed, groaning for the umpteenth time that night. No matter how hard she tried, she just couldn't stop thinking about the past day's wild array of events. From waking up on Sunday to find herself at Beth's house once again, to the insanely funny breakfast, to the telling and proving of her story, to the donning of Yue in the clothes she'd bought him, to the confronting of Margaret Prentice, to the wild games they'd played that afternoon, and down to the reluctance on the part of the Stooges to head for home. Zach and Dave would be getting back into Knoxville around one o'clock in the morning. She didn't know how they could handle it. She was certainly drained after the day she'd had. Then, why on earth couldn't she go to sleep?
 
The miko whined softly and turned over again. She tried to will her pulse to slow and her mind to fall asleep. Yet, as she did so, images of Yue found their way into her head. She could see him hanging out with his three crazy friends in school and driving the teachers bonkers with their antics. She could see him trying to get rid of the clingy Margaretta. She could see him going to the prom with Zach's blind, under-privileged cousin. Though part of her felt she should be jealous, she wasn't. Instead, she felt a warm fuzzy feeling from the mental images spawned from the tale of Inuyasha's reincarnation doing something so kind.
 
As she thought, the images of Yue flickered through to memories of seeing him lying there prone in the hospice bed. The images brought pain, but she could now see the people that did come to see him on a regular basis. Beth, Sherry, Keito, Zach, and Dave, she could see them all clowning around bringing him much needed entertainment. Now, Yue had even more friends, tacking on Kagome and Mark. Even her classmate Peggy had come to visit, which truly surprised the miko.
 
The images of Yue in his room continued to evolve. Suddenly, he was decked out in the traditional Japanese style clothing she'd given him earlier in the day. That image shifted, changing Inuyasha's human form over to the hanyou she'd grown to love so dearly. She found the image of him dressed in such regal and vibrant color stoking a fire within her core. The way his eyes matched the warm colors of yellow and orange featured in the designs and accents make him look even more real and lively. The clash of his silver hair only enhanced the image all the more, giving him a glow that made him look like a deity rather than a human/demon half-breed.
 
Kagome could then see him standing before her, alive and well, and giving her a look with those gorgeous honey golden eyes that melted her insides to putty. She could see herself dressed in a silver kimono with navy accents that seemed to join with her ebony hair and bluish-umber eyes to create an image of absolute radiance. All around her, she could see her family and friends dressed to their best. Sherry was dressed in a hunter green kimono with pink flowers all over and carrying a white Flower Girl's basket filled with sakura petals. Her little brother Souta was dressed in his best suit and carrying the Ring Bearer's scarlet pillow. Mark was oddly dressed in a tux and standing as the Priest. It was then that she realized, the scene she was fantasizing was her own marriage to her favorite hanyou. Her heart bubbled at the thought.
 
A dog barked somewhere outside, snapping Kagome out of her thoughts and back to the present. She looked to the clock that read: 12:37 am. She whined again as she sat up, “Aa, mou!”
 
Though she had sworn to Beth that she could sleep fine in her own bed tonight, Kagome was forced to admit the truth was otherwise. Sighing, she got up and headed to take a quick wake-up shower. Afterwards, she dressed and pooled together the books she would need for classes in the morning. Then she grabbed a coat, her keys, and her purse and left the house, locking the door as she did so.
 
Higurashi climbed into her car and tossed her belongings into the passenger seat. She buckled her seat belt and keyed the ignition. Then throwing on the headlights, she shifted into reverse and pulled out of the parking space. Shifting into drive, she headed out of the parking lot and across town through the empty streets to the one place she knew she could find solace.
 
A short time later, the miko pulled up into a parking space in the hospice's side parking lot. She threw the transmission into park and killed the lights and engine. Then she pulled out her cell phone to dial the number Beth had given her of the nurse's station, where there should be a couple of people sitting out the dead shift. One of the nurses picked up and immediately recognized Kagome's voice. Before the teen had a chance to explain why she was calling at this odd hour, the nurse told her to come on over to the side door where she'd be let in.
 
Kagome shook her head at the realization that Beth had predicted her midnight trip over here and set up a way in ahead of time. She grabbed her purse and her bags, got out of the car, locked it, then shut the door. Slinging the strap of her bag and purse over her shoulder, she walked the short distance to the side door. She was quickly met by the smiling face of a gray-streaked dark brunette-headed nurse she recalled as being named Gerdie. On anyone else the name would have been hideous, but it seemed to fit this tall, slightly broad woman who looked liked she could easily be someone's favorite aunt.
 
“I'm sorry from bothering you so late, Gerdie,” Kagome smiled sheepishly.
 
“Nonsense. I remember being your age once and so overwhelming in love with a hansom hunk of male moron,” the nurse answered with a gentle chuckle.
 
“I hope it went well,” the younger woman answered as she stepped through the door held open for her.
 
“It did. I married the idiot. Sometimes I wondered what I ever saw in his pathetic rear-end, but then he'd do something completely unexpected to drowned any misgivings I ever had,” the nurse grinned.
 
“I know how that feels. The Yue that I knew was a bull-headed macho man that knew how to make me mad like no other. But then, times would come when it was just the two of us, and the things that he did made all the hell he gave me worth putting up with.”
 
“I don't know how or when you experienced such events, but I do know that you are lucky to have experienced them at all. A love like that comes once in a lifetime, and many never even find it at all. It's obviously given you wisdom far beyond your years. You are blessed. I pray that your young man pulls through for you.”
 
Kagome blushed at the words of romantic praise, “He will. I believe in him. I never stopped believing in him. He's just as blessed as I am, if not more so. For all the things that he has had to go through just to get where he is now, he deserves every blessing he receives.”
 
“I wish you all the luck in the world, Kagome. If you need anything, you know where I'll be,” Gerdie said drawing the conversation to a close so that the young woman could commence with paying a visit to the young man she was so completely drawn to.
 
“Thank you, and I will,” Kagome nodded with a smile. She watched Gerdie turn to head down another wing then continued her journey till she wound up at the door to Yue's room.
 
 
 
 
Inuyasha was woken from sleep by the sound of footsteps and a familiar scent finding his nose. A rush of fluttering warmth coursed joyfully through him at this unexpected surprise. Kagome had sworn up and down that she would sleep in her own bed tonight. Yet, here she was.
 
He could hear her cross the room to drop her things haphazardly into the armchair. Then the footsteps came up to his side before the bed shifted from the addition of extra weight. He felt her hand grasp his while gentle fingertips sought to play through his bangs and caress his face.
 
 
 
“I couldn't sleep. Your friends wore me out and yet I still couldn't sleep,” Kagome explained in a soft quiet voice.
 
`Now you understand why I was so restless those days when you went home to your world,' the hanyou silently mused. His spirit purred at the warmth of her touch as her hand and fine digits splayed over his cheek.
 
Kagome slipped off her shoes and stretched out on the bed alongside Yue. She lay still for a moment, then shifted again to slip under the covers to draw in some additional warmth in the chill of this September night. Instantly feeling better, she snuggled into her companion. She hugged his right arm while resting her head on his shoulder. She felt her mind and body grow lethargic as her pulse slowed down to match the rhythm of Yue's. “It's silly, but it feels like I belong here. In my own bed, all I could think of is you and the things we did while visiting today. I was dead tired and yet my body refused to settle down. Now, I can hardly stay awake to speak my thoughts.”
 
`Then don't, you silly girl. You've got class tomorrow. You don't have to talk for me to enjoy your being here,' Inuyasha chided with a contented grin. He felt her snuggle a little more while her breathing and spirit told him she was nearly asleep.
 
 
 
Kagome felt tired, yet warm and pleasantly numb. She felt herself drop out of the waking world like a rock. Yet it was strange. Someone was there to catch her. Waves of numbness pulsed through her, yet instinct told her to hold onto this person. She softly cooed as she snuggled in the warm arms that held her in this place of unending darkness. She felt soft silky hair tickle her nose and a familiar well-worn, yet slightly course material rub against her flesh. Slowly she opened her eyes and waited for her sight to swim into focus. What met her eyes first was a thick lock of moon-silver hair directly in her line of sight. It was that hair that her nose was brushing against. Beneath the hair was a scarlet haori that she knew as well as she knew the hair. Slowly, she tilted her head back to pan her gaze up a masculine throat to a face she hadn't seen in far too long.
 
Inuyasha was gently smiling at her as the cute little doggie ears twitched in the thick mass of silver hair on the top of his head. His soft amber eyes burned their own light in this all consuming darkness as they looked down at her with affection rarely ever seen to such a degree on this particular individual.
 
“Inu…yasha?” Kagome inquired sluggishly. She felt him sink into a sitting position and settle her in his lap before wrapping his arms warmly and protectively around her.
 
“Damn, I wish the Stooges could be around to wear you out more often. Snagging you was a piece of cake this time!” Inuyasha cackled.
 
“Inuyasha?” Kagome started in a different tone. “Osuwari!” It was too late by the time the miko realized the flaw in that action. Both of them slammed into the ground.
 
 
 
 
Inside the room, no one that was awake was around to notice the brief glow of the rosary around Yue's neck that sent a shudder through the bed from its effect.
 
 
-----------------------------------------------------
 
Penguine's Piece: YAY!! It was a challenge to write while juggling school and household responsibilities, but I finished it! And I managed to get a lot accomplished this time around. I'm going to try and speed up the flow of events in the next few chapters just a bit. Hopefully that'll get us into the juicier parts a little sooner.
 
I am currently taking a summer class on speeches and presentations. It's an accelerated course taught in half the time it's usually taught so I have twice the workload. Thus, I will be busy as hell for a while. But I will keep writing when I find time to. Thanks to those of you who've remained patient with me. You're wait won't be in vane. :)
 
I'm tacking on a little survey thing here. You're welcome to respond via your reviews if you have ideas, comments, or questions pertaining to it. Someone asked me about starting up an Order of Whizzbang. Truth be known, I've been thinking about it myself. My questions are:
 
- Should we start an Order of Whizzbang?
- What would be it's main purpose?
- Where would we put it?
- Would you be interested in participating?
 
I'm thinking it could be an Inuyasha fan club of sorts, but not limited to that. People could promote stories and/or art they've done. Seasoned writers and artists could give tips and offer to beta-read for those in need. There could even be roleplay gaming as long as people behave. What do you think? I'm interested in hearing your thoughts.
 
Ff.net Review Replies
 
Shavaineth: Yes, Sesshomaru and Kouga will be appearing eventually.
 
Kaw@iyuzumichan: I love the Stooges too. I sometimes wish they were real. They're just too cool. I've have a couple of people tell me they resemble friends of theirs. I'm jealous. -lol- :: Yes, Kirara will pop in at some point too. :) She's part of the Inuyasha-gumi too.
 
Lord of the pit: I keep wondering if I'll ever run out of ideas for Stooge-stunts. But, they have a way of writing things on their own too.
 
Raining Fire: Vroom! Vrrrrooooooooooooommmmmmm!!! =\o--°--o> Heeheehee!! -Hopes the little race car shows up-
 
Esmilla: I'm so jealous! Then again, I'm not sure any work would ever get done with guys like that cutting up all the time but.. bah! I'm still jealous! -lmao- :: Hope this chapter answered your question. Despite the evil cliff hanger. -giggles-
 
Mizukithepanda: What an oxymoron of a name. -giggles- Anywho.. there could be a possibility of Keito having a crush on Kagome. But he knows better than to pursue it. :: Margaret does have a couple of fans out there believe it or not. I was rather surprised and enlightened by their reasons why too. There's quite the diverse crowd reading this monster I've created. O.o' :: The question on his reaction to the hair is a good one. Although her hair is more of a reddish color than brown. But anywho, I'll wait and let the story answer that question. :)
 
Mizz Dustkeeper: I've met some kids that acted older than their age too. They always find a way to amaze you. They'll do all sorts of silly things that kids do, then they'll say something so intelligent it sends your head spinning. :: Keito would be delighted to eat that cookie. -giggles- After playing with it first, of course. :: Ahh yes.. puppies. This one is now 5 months I believe. She's cute. She's smart. She's affectionate. And she's a little shit. -lmao- She steals clothes left in reach. Especially socks, bras, and slip pants. She licks you to death then goes in for a nip or two. You scold her for something and she laughs at you as she runs to hide around the corner then peer back at you. She pisses you off and makes you laugh at her at the same time. She's learned how to open doors so those who wish to use the commode best be ready to have the door slammed open and their butt kissed. Seriously. When she wants something, she barks silently at you. Then, if you don't respond properly, she'll bark in a pitch that nearly bursts your ear drums. She hasn't yet learned not to jump on people so I have a seven inch claw mark on my thigh where she pounced me just after I'd trimmed her nails. Funness.
 
KitsuneNiBakaSareru: I could be wrong, but shouldn't that be Kitsune No Baka? I'm pushing harder these days to learn the language so I'm reading into things more. I could be wrong though. Wouldn't be the first time. :: Other characters from the series will be showing up, but I can't tell you when. Most of them won't be showing up till later in the story, though.
 
Kryptonite09: Glad to have made your day. :)
 
KStarChick: The puppy's name is Sassy because she sasses back at you when you say something she doesn't like or agree with. -lol-
 
AngelWing1138: Omg! A fellow Phantom of the Opera fan!! WHOOT!! -cheers and gives you an oreo- I tried to write a Phantom story a couple of times, but they both flopped so bad it was just hideous. -shudder- :: Didn't you know the Order of Whizzbang is actually a Keito fan club? Well, by his definition anyway. -giggles-
 
Orangepencils: The Chicken Polka is a song they tend to play at some minor league baseball games. There's a special dance you dance to it with, but I've forgotten how to do half of it. Sadly. I loved that dance too. -sniff-
 
TennyoKameko: Cakes aren't a problem for me. It's grilling pork chops that gives me trouble. But ramen works too. :) On the cake bit, try dumping a small jar of stemless maraschino cherries into the chocolate cake batter, juice and all. It turns out awesome.
 
Dragon Fairies: Yes, Keito is a crack pot. XD To be honest with you, the bit about the paper bullet was something I actually did in seventh grade. It shocked the hell out of everyone cause I was this quiet whimpy little girl. -giggles- Mom's puppy is here to say hi. She won't let me type at the moment. O.o'
 
Moi: The bit about the grammar and spelling is due to my wonderful beta-readers DarklessVasion, b00kperson, and now Nysoku too. Else the story would be absolutely full of stupid little mistakes that I'm all too good at making. -lol- :: I agree with you on the quality writing issue. One of my drives in this thing is to give example of proper use of spelling, grammar, and other basic story bones in hopes they might catch on. It's a craps shoot, I know, but one can only hope. :: As for the Stooges, they wrote themselves. I jealous of those who say they know people like that. I only know a few, and they certainly don't work in conjunction with each other like Zach, Dave, and Keito do. I wish to gods I could draw them. They'd make awesome subjects for comic shorts.
 
GnomeInuyasha: I have ideas for several original stories in mind but not enough thread to sow them together properly yet. :S Quite frustrating. Most of the good ones are a bit different than this story though. Two are set in a desert/tropical medieval fantasy world that's probably a bit cliché but won't die. Then again I'm also my worst critic, and very hard on myself. Which is the reason why most of my stories have never gotten finished. This is the first long one I've ever done that's really kept me eager and willing to finish it. I hope that the eagerness can carry over to future stories.
 
Pitbull123: -lmao- You certainly have a point there. Margaret has no clue what she's dealing with does she? :)
 
Kyome Nehatakashi: Writing is anything but easy. But, like anything else, the more you practice and the harder you apply yourself to it, the better you'll get. :: As far as writing back to people goes, I try to whenever I can. It's gotten harder with the larger numbers I've answered to as the story grows in size and popularity, but I still do my best to respond to readers when I can.
 
Curtis: Yes, Kouga and Sesshomaru will be in this later on.
 
Eurdicii: I can see why you'd call it a boat car. -lol- :: The truth behind Dave's change of hair color was so that it would be easier for me to draw him when I take another try at him. But, yeah, Keito probably had something to do with it. XD Why do I sense a Kermit joke in that? :: I actually didn't mean to introduce so many so quickly. I've wanted to space things out a little more, but writers blocks prevented me from doing so. I'm gonna work at reading over my own story to get a renewed grip on where the story is and where I show go with it.
 
Moon-bunny735: Nope, Margaret is not Kikyou. Margaret is a new character with her own role to play. She has no miko power what-so-ever.
 
Asahi Minako: -giggles- I cracked up laughing the couple of times I reread that scene looking for information. Keito rocks my socks. XD
 
KittySand Katie: Ni! XD Yeah, Monty Python rules.
 
Animemistress419: Yep, I love the Stooges to death. Sherry too. She's just too cute.
 
Crisco: Yep. ;) -giggles-
 
Silvanon of the Orchard: It was really satisfying to write that Beth-chewout scene too. XD Even if Margaret is a fictional character. Gods, I'm such a cheese. -giggles-
 
Pika Pika: Wow! I love the stories that take days to read. Though, I'm gonna have to reread my own story here soon just to get my bearings fixed on where I am and where I need to go with it. I'm glad you're enjoying it. :)
 
Inukagluver91: No, Margaret is not Kikyou's reincarnation. She's an entirely new soul to the story without any miko powers what-so-ever.
 
Grape Garnet: O.o' Penguin burgers no taste good. Besides, I have no meat on me. Just skin and bone cause I sit at the computer too much.
 
Blackrosebunny: Oh, that's quite all right. I don't mind a bit. Tell whoever you want. I'm just glad you like the story so much. :) And don't worry about reviewing. I'm not picky about that.
 
Deiety of Sorrow: I'm glad you brought up the possibility of starting an Order of Whizzbang. I've been thinking about it myself. I tacked a survey onto my author's note about it. We'll see what kind of response comes from it.
 
Kaichai:Do people take sugary foods away from you too? -giggles-
 
Many Voices In My Head: Thank you. I'm honored that you think so. I'm glad you're enjoying the story. :)
 
InUyAsHaFaN2004: I adore Sherry. She actually wormed her way in when I was starting this and never stopped giving. She just totally belongs there, just as much as the Stooges and everyone else.
 
You need a name?: Yeah, a name would be helpful when replying back to you. :: Margaret's a little bit of Kikyou, a little big of Kouga, and a lot of her own person. She has no magical power what-so-ever, though.
 
Jaded Illusion: I've answered that question already in past author notes.
 
Ashley: I can't respond to you on a question like that if you don't give me an email address to respond to.
 
TriggerHappyBibliophile: Cool! Let me know when you get it up and I'll read it. :)
 
Pwalefriend: I've tried to marry the past that was the series we all know and love with a future that's as realistic as it can be. The rest has just slowly fallen into place. I thank you for your kind words. :) I'm honored. :: Yes, Shippo will be in the story.
 
Kat-chan: Thanks for the support. :) I really appreciate it. :: I spent the past two days re-reading my own story to refresh my memory on where I am, what's happened, and what I haven't pulled yet. The Stooges had me laughing so hard I couldn't breathe. Mom thought I'd gone loony. -lol- I'd forgotten about the tattoo on Dave's rear. I'll have to tactfully use that later on. -snickers- :: The date scene with Beth and Mark was ultra difficult to write. I'm not as finely tuned to those two as I am to Kagome and Inuyasha. :S I'm glad I pulled it off to approval though. :) :: Oh gods.. I hadn't thought about what would happen if Margie and Kouga were to meet, but you're right. -giggles- :: Yep, I got plans for Kikyou as well, but you'll have to wait to find out what they are. That part won't happen till near the end of the story. :: Cook? Hrmmm… I need soda pop, graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate. -schemes- Wait.. no that's for campfires. Okay, I need a massive chocolate bar, a crate of gold apples, carbonated water, and a bunch of pixie stix packs. -giggles- It would be even better if the chocolate bar was one of them messy Caramellos. -cackles-
 
Soccerdevill13: I had fun writing that scene. :)
 
TheWraith1: I'm glad you're enjoying the story. Yes, there will be other reincarnations and old characters returning.
 
Chibes: Yes, others will be appearing eventually.
 
StarGirl21: I had the same problem. Seriously. It was even worse when I re-read my entire story the other day to refresh my bearings. Mom thought I'd lost it, I was laughing so hard. XD Gods, I love those Stooges.
 
Deloram: -giggles- I'm glad I made your day. It's getting harder and harder to keep the updates coming anywhere near often. The standard length of my chapters has gotten longer, and I've been running over several thousand words the past couple of chapters. Then there's so many more reviewers to respond to anymore, I'm astounded at how popular this monster has gotten. Then there's all the twists and turns life has taken since I began this. O.o But I will continue trying my best to get updates out as often as I can. :) I can also say that I've got a good 1000 word lead on chapter 19. So hopefully, I'll have something out again for ya by the end of the month.
 
Daddy's Pixie: Soda highs rock! They're even better when chocolate is involved somewhere. -giggles-
 
Orion Kohaishu: -arm shoots up in the air in a cheer gesture- Long live the Order of Whizzbang! Okay, now what happened to my soda? Gah! -chases after Keito the soda thief- :: -nods- Breathing would be a good thing.
 
Evilmiko21: Heh, that would have been interesting, but Kagome isn't like that. She couldn't even get mad at Kikyou like that, let alone Margaret. She takes the peaceful way out whenever possible, so that's what happened here as well.
 
Nysoku: I got more now. :) -shares the smore fixings-
 
Kingleby: It's a sin, Sassy's so cute. It makes it incredibly hard to discipline her. You smack her, she runs, then looks back at you from around the corner. You try to run after here and she runs just far enough where you can't touch her and laughs at you with this adorable face. Total devilish little angel. -lmao-
 
Kuroikage: Sess and Shippo will be a little while in coming just yet. Yue's dad will appear a little sooner. :)
 
RealMikoTerra: Yes, Kouga will be in this too. As will Rin. But I can't tell you how she'll arrive because I have something special planned for her. -gasps as song comes on Launchcast that's directly related to it, clamps hand over mouth- Can't say anymore. -giggles- :: Heh.. I've gone to bed at 4 am at times writing this thing. -lol-
 
 
I also want to thank the following additional ff.net reviewers: Mini Nicka, Drake Clawfang, Sakura Rider, Always_Being_Me, Dragonwarriorkeltyr, sveta89, Lilmayhem, Aloofanimegirl, Jenna, Shadow Wolf Warrior, ixchen, InuyashaFan, SxG39luver, Demonic Angel, doingz-aishinu, Inu-nane, lost and alone, demonslayer206, S A K U R A22, Mexican 3 girl, Myriadragon, M.M, Mystic-Soul, Ilidain, inu romance FREAK, SmifaliciousPurpleSquirrel, EverKitsune, Chibified Youkai 101, NMW, Catkin Blossom, IYWriterGirl, Red Ice, FuFu, Rasika, windgal, Anime Freak, animebook fan, AmericanMiko1112, HeavensNightingale, Rory Moon, swtIris, InuLuver7, lil mutt face grl, FluffyPinkSlippers, renaeluvsyou, SilverontheRose, Loving.
 
 
 
Mm.org Review Replies
 
Star Fire Kag: Nope, Margaret is not Kikyou. Kikyou's soul is back inside of Kagome where it belongs. Margaret may act a tiny bit like her on the jealousy bit, but she's her own person with absolutely no magical power what-so-ever.
 
Kermit: Thanks for the support. :) It's much appreciated.
 
Breezie: Like I told Star Fire Kag, Margaret isn't Kikyou. She just seemed like it in the few scenes she's been in. She's a new person to the story with no magical power what-so-ever. :: Nope, I've actually never seen that movie before. I really want to, but then again I don't because I have an original modern day ghostly romance story I've been trying to figure out how to tell. I don't want to watch that movie incase it might cause me to write things that would copy it in someway. -shrug- I want the Dakota story to remain purely something of my own creation.
 
Kim: Okidokie. I'll give it some thought. Surely, I can come up with something. :)
 
I also want to thank the following additional mm.org reviewers: Darkscribe, Lirrle Rin, Diesel Typhoon nsi, air.