InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What hurts the most ❯ Chapter 2

[ A - All Readers ]
Brena
By kytenluvinu

Disclaimer: I don't know Inuyasha, all rights go to Rumiko Takahashi, Viz, Sunrise and other affliates, I just enjoy using the characters for my own writing pleasure I also don't own the Song "Brena" the wonderful right belongs to Perfect Circle.

Well this isn't a continuation of what hurts the most, sorry. But I wanted to do more with this little songfic thing, so here is a series of one shots and songfics, only to be posted when I get inspired. Oh and guess what more Hearts of the Lost is coming Thursday!! Anyway enjoy!


The silver haired youkai lowered himself deeper into the hot waters of the spring. The steam seemed to surround and embrace him like it felt his pain, the pain he so desperately tries to hide. he wouldn't close his eyes, because eveytime he did he would witness again her smiling face full of trust. He couldn't see that face again. He was alone again like he had always been before. But why did it bother him now. Is it because he let her die? No, he didn't let her die. he didn't want her to die. But she did. And so did everyone around him.

My reflection
Wraps and pulls me under
healing waters to be
Bathed in Breña


he looked down into the waters at his own reflection. His golden eyes burned but still he would not close them. A stray silver hair fell into the golden orb but he ignored it, he could take the pain. She did. he lowerd himself deeper in to water and allowed a sigh to escape his lips. She was gone for almost two weeks now. Why hadn't he moved on? She meant nothing, didn't she? The Inu reached up and allowed the healing water to glide down his still burning wounds. Still he had not healed. but he couldn't be angry, Naraku would never heal, Naraku was finally dead. But not by his hands, but by the miko.


Guides me
Safely in
Worlds I've never been to
Heal me
Heal me
My dear Breña


He felt that bizaare stinging behind his eyes again when he thought of her. She cried, she pleaded, she begged but nothing came of it and now she was gone out of his life forever. The moon had cast an eerie glow on the spring and it made even him anxious. He growled at his own foolishness of the emotions that plagued him everyday since her death. Guilt, fear, sadness. These words were unreal, yet wouldn't let him in peace. He hoped soaking in the waters of the spring would help to clear his mind. But the fear, yes fear of being alone again wouldn't, couldn't be washed away.


So vulnerable
But it's alright
Heal me
Heal me
My dear Breña


He smelled her before he heard her, he heard her beofre he finally saw her. She was battered and bruised. She must have been traveling for days without much sleep. She gazed upon him like she has seen a ghost. The tears flowed freely but she didn't wipe them away. the inu couldn't move, he was so tired of moving, he was tired of feeling he was tired of fighting. they didn't speak as they gazed at one another. She knew of his lose and he knew of hers. He stood right there as they died. Then the girl startled him, she stepped closer, she was reluctant at first then her steps became braver. the inu watched as the brown eyed girl slid of her dirty clothing and stepped cautiously into the hot waters. Secrectly he wondered how her frail human skin could stand the heat, then so spoke in her timid voice.

"He would bring me here, every full moon. He told me that these waters had the powers to make wishes come true and heal emotional wounds." She explained. "It's so beautiful here, it took me so long to find this place again...without him to guide me."

Show me lonely and
Show me openings
To lead me closer to you
My dear Breña

The Inu remained silent throughout her musings. He was in actuality shocked. His brother was wise, and not the baka he always assumed he was. And to love her like he did, to the very end. He dared to say that he admired him. The girl's gentle voice brought him out of hie reverie.

"It didn't work." She whispered. the inu looked confused and cocked his head slightly in a very dog like manner. The girl gave him the smallest smile and another tear tear escaped her hurt eyes. "I wished it was him that was in front of me. But he will never come for me, will he?"

Fianlly he spoke. "No." he said. "They will never come for either of us."

The girl was confused. "Are you lost too?"

"Yeah kid. More than you know."

"Inuyasha-sama?" She asked timidly.

"Yeah, Kid." Inuyasha refused to say her name trying to choke back tears.

"if we stick together, we might be able to find them easier."

"Maybe."


(Feeling so) vulnerable
But it's alright


"It's okay to cry." The little girl said as another tear escaped her eye.

"it ain't no use to cry for the dead, kid. It won't do no good." Inuyasha twitch the hot water touched a more painful wound.

"i'm not crying cause of that." the girl informed him.

"Then what's wrong?"

"This water is really hot."

Inuyasha blinked at her proclaimation and for the first time in a long time he smiled, then before he could stop himself, he laughed and before he think he cried. he cried for his pysical wounds, he cried for his emotional wounds, he cried for his past he cried for the future. he cried for the girl that watched him with pity filled eyes. he cried for everyone that has never cried before. he even cried for that baka, his blood, his brother.


Opening to... heal...
Opening to... heal...
Heal.. Heal.. Heal...


The inu looked away and shook himself of his tears. The water seemed to constrict him and refuse to let him leave it's comforting embrace. it called to him it told him to make a wish and to never forget everything that has happened. That was the only way he could ever heal. Slowly he released the breath he had been holding and closed his eyes. This time when he saw her face she didn't die a moment later, she didn't scream for her life as it was stolen from her. She only smiled and looked behind her. they they all were. The huntress and her brother, the monk with the healed hand standing besides them and the kitsune on his shoulder. He uncursed hand entwined with hers. Inuyasha smiled, they were free now. Then the smiling miko of his dreams was standing besides him and she touched his shoulder. he looked over not only to find her but the baka standing besides her. At his side was the green imp, being unusually silent. At their tail was the two headed Dragon they always had.

"Inuyasha, he wants to ask you something." Her voice was haunting and seemed to echo and come from all around her, just like the heavenly light that surrounded her, she glowed like the sacred jewel she took with her in death, just like her incarnation, just like his first love. he could lie to himself anymore, he loved the woman before him more than anything, and he was overrackedwith sadness.

"I knew he would react this way, foolish half breed." His voice was similar to hers and chilled Inuyasha to the bone. they were really gone, and he was the only one left. he wanted to laugh when he witnessed his love turn and glare at the baka and tapped his nose in a very childlike manner. the baka scoffed but to Inuyasha suprised he did nothing to retaliate. "That is no way to ask for a favor, mister! Be nice." The baka looked down and softened his features. Inuyasha looked at the exchange with confusion.

"Half bree-" he caught himself and cleared his throat. this Sesshoumaru asks for your assistance since I am unable to do my duty in the flesh." Sesshoumaru paused and stole a glance at the smiling face of the miko. "Please take care of her, until we can meet again."

Inuyasha was shocked at the request and let it show. Before he could respond, his brother started to vanish. Inuyasha looked over to Kagome who's aura was still strong. The monk, huntress and her little brother stepped forward.

"Don't forget us, Inuyasha. Until we meet again." the monk smiled.

"And try to stay out of two much trouble, baka." The kitsune joked. Then he and his family was gone also. In the light only two remained.

"They all made their peace and you will never be alone. I love you so much, Inuyasha. We will meet again someday, please don't leave her alone."

"Kagome, I wanted to tell you..."

Before he could finish, Kagome put a finger to his lips. "Tell me in another life." She smiled. And disappeared.

"Inuyasha-sama?"

Inuyasha woke with a start. he looked around his surroundings, his was still in the spring and completely healed. He looked down on his body in disbelief and stared at the girl in front of him. He wounds were completely healed also. The hanyou stood and left the water with a smile. he got dressed and turned to the girl who looked up with hopeful eyes.

"Come on, Rin. Let's go home."

Rin smiled happily and jumped for the water and into her clothes. She follwed the hanyou and boldly placed her small hand in his his. Inuyasha didn't pull away, he only smiled.

"Sesshoumaru-sama was right." Rin smiled up at Inuyasha. "Those waters really do grant wishes."

"Yep, they really do." Inuyasha said softly as he and Rin disappeared in the darkness of the future.

Heal me