InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What is lost is found ❯ Reflections of the past ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author: Hello! Welcome to my first fan fic on MM!! ^_^
 
Inuyasha: Feh, shut up and get on with it, woman.
 
Author: Kagome?
 
Kagome: INUYASHA SIT BOY!
 
Author: ^_^ thank you, Kagome.
 
Disclaimer: Yeah, you WISH you could sue me…..I wish I could SUE YOU! But, I don't own any Inuyasha stuff. Just my plot of this story and my own characters. THERE, happy NOW?!!
 
Author: ON WITH THE STORY!!
 
Chapter 1: The reflections of the past
 
 
 
**Normal Point of View**
 
 
The injured wolf demon ran through the forest with great agility. Her sapphire eyes shone with fear as she stumbled over a log, clutching her small half-breed child close to her body as she ran. Her silver-black streaked hair billowed behind her in its braid, still stained from the blood the demon's family. Tears stung her face as the shouting and yelling of the demon hunters behind her. Her shoulder continued to bleed, her eyes foggy with tears.
She tripped and spiraled to the ground, spraying mud everywhere. The fox-wolf child in her arms began to cry, her green-blue eyes squinted as crystal tears streamed down her face. “Shh, Mayoko, it's alright,” her mother cooed as she stood and kept running. She heard the voices gaining, and made quick and agile turns through the forest, finally getting to the meeting place. Her brother stood in the shadows, and upon seeing her, stepped out. “Yume, what happened?” the male wolf demon asked, his golden eyes furrowed with concern. “No time for questions, the hunters will be here. Take Mayoko and don't let her come to harm. I'll keep the demon hunters at bay while you run. I won't last past dawn. Just go, PLEASE,” Yume replied, her sapphire eyes glittering softly.
“Yume….” “Senichi, go!” Senichi embraced his sister for the last time, and whispered, “I love you, Yume.” He let Mayoko look at her mother once more before turning and disappearing with a flash of his black silver streaked hair. Yume turned and stood before the group of demon slayers. She prepared to fight her last battle.
Mayoko sat up in her bed, her green-blue eyes wide with fear and shock, sweat running down her face. She sighed, gripping the sheets covering her. “Second time this week….” She muttered, closing her eyes and standing up. She ran her fingers through her raven black hair. On her worried-stricken face were two silver stripes- one on each cheek. The stripes also could be found on her waist, wrists, and ankles.
She wiped the sweat from her face and began to walk around her mini campsite. “Why do I keep having these dreams?” she asked herself, rubbing her forehead. She sighed and relaxed under a tree. She sat there, lost in thought, humming to herself until the sun rose. She sighed and got up, putting away her bed. She set a barrier around her campsite then went off for her morning run. As she was running, she heard the sound of trees crashing and a blade colliding with a roaring demon. The smell of human and demon blood alike wafted through her nose. “Might as well go check it out,” she muttered, then ran off in search of the noise.
 
**Over to Inuyasha….**
 
“Kagome! Where are the jewel shards?!” barked Inuyasha, fighting off the spider demon's long legs. “There's one in each of its front legs and one on its back!” Kagome yelled back, lodging another arrow in her bow and firing. Inuyasha headed straight for the demon's legs. “As soon as I get the shards, Miroku, use your wind tunnel!” Inuyasha yelled to Miroku as he ran with his Tetsusaiga. “I got it, Inuyasha!” Inuyasha was about two cut off its front leg when a second hit him in the chest and sent him spiraling into a tree. A large wound opened along his chest, bleeding profusely. “Inuyasha!!” Kagome cried, wanting to get down from the ledge and help him, but knew if she did she would be in danger.
Miroku turned to Inuyasha and began to run to him. The demon thrusted its leg at him, impaling his right shoulders. He coughed out blood and slumped over, unconscious. “Mi…ro…ku…” Inuyasha coughed, barely conscious himself. “MIROKU! IUNYASHA!” Kagome cried, reaching out to them. Sango threw her Hirakoutsu at the demon, sending a deep wound down its back, sending out a thick smog. She grasped her Hirakoutsu and had to back out otherwise she would've gotten lost. She went back to Kagome and Shippo, looking around for Miroku and Inuyasha. “They're still lost in there!” Kagome cried, tears welling up. They saw the demon fleeing, the smog following them.
“We'll go find them as soon as the fog lifts up. We don't know what could be down there and it might be dangerous,” Sango reasoned, worried about their two of three male companions. Shippo clutched Kagome's shirt and stared into the smog uneasily.
 
**Two hours later**
 
Miroku opened his eyes, coughing bitterly. A wolf-fox demon turned to him, resting a small hand on his forehead. “Are you alright, Houshi? You took a very bad blow there with that spider demon.” Miroku looked down and realized he had been bandaged and tended to, guessing it was the woman in front of him who did that. “May I sit up?” “It wouldn't be a good idea, Young Houshi. You are weak. You still need rest.” “What is your name?” The wolf-fox demon smiled, showing her fangs. “My name is Mayoko. You and your friend fought valiantly. The human woman and her cat demon fought it off.” Miroku coughed again, spitting out blood.
Mayoko placed a cloth by his cheek and wiped away the blood, then pressed her hand on his wound. “This might sting a little…” A sharp pain wrenched through Miroku's right side and he grunted, but found he could breathe easily again afterwards. “Y-You're a healer…” he whispered, and Mayoko nodded. “Hn….where the hell am I?” came a groggy and irritated voice. “Inuyasha…you are awake?” “Miroku? What the hell is going on?” Mayoko smiled and turned to Inuyasha, whom was already sitting upright.
“Ahh, half demon. You are awake too. You and your monk friend were injured during your battle with the spider demon, and I tended to your wounds.” “I'm fine, woman, now go away…” Inuyasha growled. “Inuyasha, she showed us compassion and saved us. We would both be dead by now,” Miroku reasoned, but to no avail. “No, Sango and Kagome would've found us. We've been kidnapped.” “Actually, the demon released thick smog and you two would've been immobilized and poisoned. That woman I suspect is a demon slayer and if she knows half as much of demons as demon slayers do, she knows it is a severe disadvantage to be blinded even though she would be unaffected by the poison,” Mayoko responded, unwrapping Inuyasha's bandages and looking at the wound. “It will heal in about four hours. Until then, both of you should rest.”
“We don't NEED four hours, fool. I'm leaving,” Inuyasha snapped, standing up to leave. “You are in no condition to leave, besides, doctor's orders. Now SIT.” Inuyasha flinched at the word, and mentally shook himself. “I'm NOT staying.”
 
**Ten minutes later**
 
“Well, I have to admit, you are a LOVELY cook, Mayoko,” Miroku said cheerfully as he, Inuyasha, and Mayoko sat around a campfire. “Why thank you, Houshi!” Mayoko replied happily, sipping her soup. “Feh, whatever. I want to get back to Kagome and the others so we can start hunting for jewel shards,” Inuyasha hissed, sitting cross-legged and pouting. “Well, let's enjoy the peace while we can,” Miroku said lightheartedly, smiling at Mayoko. “You should, Inuyasha, hunting for jewel shards is tricky business, and hard for humans, half demons, AND demons. You should take a good break every once and a while,” Mayoko added, standing up.
“Feh, I don't NEED a break.” Mayoko chuckled and shook her head, opening up her futon and stretching. “Well, you two should rest, I'll watch over the camp and I'll douse the fire. You both need sleep.” “Alright. Good night, Mayoko,” Miroku said, yawning as he laid down on Mayoko's futon and Inuyasha leaned against a tree, Tetsusaiga sheathed but in hand.
Mayoko sighed and poured water over the fire, darkening the area immediately. She jumped up silently into the tree Inuyasha was under and started her watch. She looked down at Inuyasha, smiling. `He reminds me of myself. We both have a fiery spirit and a strong will, but we hold a grudge on many people, and we open up our hearts to very few. He's a reflection of my past, he has the memory of something heartbreaking, as have I, he's lost someone dear to him, and is living to seek revenge. As am I seeking revenge on those who've killed my family. Strange how we are so different yet so alike….'
 
**END of CHAPTER 1**
 
Author: Well, that was interesting, was it not?
 
Inuyasha: Feh….I am NOT like that wolf girl at ALL. She's NOTHING like me….Feh.
 
Sango: I'm surprised, Miroku has yet to ask Mayoko the “question” and has yet to grope her!
 
Author: Mayoko was too far away for him to be able to… ^_^ he will next chapter. And yes you are, Inuyasha, don't deny it.
 
Inuyasha: Feh.
 
Shippo: Hey sis?
 
Author: Yeah?
 
Shippo: I had no idea you were my sister….
 
Author: ^_^ I had moved out before you were born, but got word from mom that you were born, and I saw you every now and then…
 
Shippo: cool!
 
Author: Don't forget to review! ^_^ thankies!