InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What is lost is found ❯ Western Citadel- Enter Shadow, the wolf child ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author: Well, here we are again! ^_^
 
Inuyasha: *sigh* are you EVER not cheerful?
 
Author: Only when I don't think about some person named S-E-S-S-H-O-M-A-R-U ^_^
 
Inuyasha: Who's- my BROTHER?! You like my BROTHER?!!!
 
Author: *Blush* isn't he DREAMY? *heart eyes*
 
Inuyasha: He's a pain in the ass!
 
Author: *slaps Inuyasha* is NOT! Besides, here's the story! ^_^
 
Disclaimer: Yadda Yadda, read the previous chapters… T_T u can't sue because I only own my chars and the plot. So NYA! XP
 
Chapter 3: Western Citadel- Enter Shadow, the wolf child
 
 
 
**Western Citadel, three days later**
 
Sesshomaru glared at the young demon child walking along the stone railing of his citadel, humming happily as her ashen gray hair fluttered around her, its spiraling locks waving down to the middle of her back. Her dark violet eyes sparkled with mischief as she turned around, her black cape and hood spinning with her body, revealing a set of green boots made of emerald dragon scales, a black leather jacket and black leather pants with a black belt. Her pointed elf ears wiggled with eagerness.
“Leave wench before this Sesshomaru forcibly remove you,” Sesshomaru ordered, his stoic face rigid. “When's Mayoko-sensei going to get here?” the girl asked, her hands behind her back, her eyes fixed on Sesshomaru as she paced on the rail. “Do not question this Sesshomaru.” The Girl sighed and looked out. She smiled, showing her almost silver-like fangs.
“She's here.” Sesshomaru looked up, still keeping aware of the girl, and saw a small dot on the horizon that was growing rapidly. It seemed to hop slightly, and he soon could tell it was a demon, a female demon. His senses told him it was a wolf-fox demon, a mixed blood, unlike the wolf child before him, and knew she was about half a century younger than him, but her aura was certainly strong. Soon, both her and the young girl could clearly see Mayoko, her green-blue eyes fixed with satisfaction.
The girl laughed cheerfully and jumped off the edge of the building, her cape flying everywhere, revealing a black-gray wolf tail. She landed on two feet, and stood up straight. Sesshomaru seemingly glided off gracefully and landed as well, but in an upright position. Mayoko stopped in front of the Demon Lord and glanced at the girl before bowing respectfully. “Yes, Milord? You sent one of your servants to fetch me. My name Mayoko. How may I be of assistance?” she asked before returning to her full height.
“Is this your child? She has been insisting to be `reunited' with you. Take her, for she is disrupting the citadel,” Sesshomaru growled slightly, the girl beside him launching herself into Mayoko's arms. “Mayoko-sensei!!!!” she laughed, her cloak shaking as her tail beat happily beneath it. Mayoko didn't have a tail but you could tell she was displeased. Her elf ears would've been flat on her head had they been wolf ears, and she pried the wolf-girl off of her.
“Seyato, what have you been thinking?! You've troubled a demon lord! Why in heaven's name did you do this?!” Mayoko hissed; her eyes narrowed. Seyato grinned. “Because if you were alive, and I wanted to see you, the only way you'd come would be if someone in higher ranking than you asked for your presence!” Seyato replied, trying to be cheerful. She knew when Mayoko didn't call her by her nickname “Shadow” (which Mayoko made up) she was royally pissed.
Mayoko sighed and hugged back her younger friend and smiled. She turned back her attention to the demon lord who grew more irritated by the minute. “Pardon me my lord, I do ask you to show mercy to Seyato, she is foolish and unwise. She is not my child by my former apprentice of my old wolf clan. I promise you she will not bother you again,” Mayoko apologized. “Hey, Mayoko-sensei, ask if we can spend the night here!” Shadow whispered, smiling.
Mayoko was about to respond when she looked up. `Damn, it's about to rain. I cannot intrude on Lord Sesshomaru's hospitality, but I don't want Shadow to get rained on. But I guess I can use my powers, if I intended to stay awake the entire night…' Mayoko thought to herself, staring up. “Come on, PLEASE, Mayoko-sensei, PLEASE!” Shadow begged, widening her big violet eyes and pouting. Mayoko turned and grasped Shadow's arm, staring away from the irresistible puppy face Shadow always gave her. “No! I need to be on the lookout for a hanyou! I cannot let him pass by me!” Mayoko snapped, turning.
By now, Shadow had perfected the look. She had practiced and practiced and now not even her master could resist. Mayoko looked away, shutting her eyes. The face was just so innocent, so angelic, Mayoko's heart melted. “Aww, come on Shadow. I'll give you a Sakura flower!” Mayoko reasoned. Shadow's face faltered. She LOVED the Sakura flowers Mayoko grew in a hidden field. Shadow thought it over, and then returned to her look. Mayoko looked over at Shadow and sighed.
“Fine. But you ask him.” “YAY!!” Shadow yelled, then turned around. “Lord Sesshomaru, if you wouldn't mind, can Mayoko-sensei and I spend the night here? We'll be REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY good! Pleeeeaaaaaaasssseeee!” Shadow begged, giving him “the look”. Sesshomaru stared down at her, then inspected Mayoko. She is covering her eyes and looking down at the ground as if she felt disgraced at how her former apprentice was acting in front of such an important person.
Something about her also showed that she was trustworthy and she had as much knowledge as him. He wanted to watch her, and see what she did. “Very well. But I will show no mercy to you if you dare do a foolish act,” Sesshomaru replied, his face still as icy as before. “YAA- Oh, I mean, thank you, Lord Se- milord,” Shadow corrected, glancing back at the stern fox-wolf demon. Mayoko sighed and walked closer to him. “I am very much in your debt, my lord,” Mayoko thanked, bowing to him. Shadow mimicked Mayoko and smiled.
Sesshomaru did not respond, but walked ahead of them, a servant opening the door. “Lord Sesshomaru! I picked…ooh! Who's that?” Rin asked, bounding up to her “father”, pointing at Mayoko. “She is…..the wolf child's master. Tell Jaken to watch you and stay with you,” Sesshomaru ordered, his face only slightly becoming more soft, though not noticeable to anyone but Rin. She smiled and giggled, turning around and running off to find Jaken.
A servant appeared and showed Mayoko and Shadow to the guest quarters. Mayoko sat down on the bed and leaned against the pillows. She sighed happily and closed her eyes, Shadow flumping down next to her. “Mayoko-sensei, will you teach me again? Can you come back to the den? Senichi-san misses you and so does everyone else!” Shadow explained, hugging a soft pillow. “I can't. I know everyone misses me, Shadow, but I unfortunately can't. Oji-san knows I can't. You guys have enough tanoshimi by yourselves anyway, you don't need me!” Mayoko responded, sighing.
Shadow shook her head and hugged Mayoko's arm. “The den's been so boring and lifeless without you. Even Kouga-sensei is irritated. We NEVER have any fun anymore. And without you, we aren't as strong as before! I know it!” Shadow replied, not noticing Mayoko had tears on the edges of her eyes. “Shadow….” She said softly, wrapping her free arm around Shadow's back. “Kouga-sensei's just irritated because I was angry with him before I left and he wants me to apologize, but I won't,” Mayoko replied softly, looking down with sad eyes at Shadow.
“But….I miss you so much! You are still my sensei and I want you to come back! Nobody ever talks to me anymore. You're my only friend, Mayoko-sensei!!” Shadow cried, unable to stop her tears. Mayoko's eyes softened and were almost on the brim of tears as well. She sat up and pulled Shadow into her lap. “Then you can travel with me. Don't cry, Shadow, dear. You're too young to cry.” Mayoko ran her fingers through Shadow's silky hair and let Shadow snuggle into her lap, transforming into a young black and gray wolf. Mayoko's eyes soon grew heavy and both she and Shadow fell into a deep slumber.
 
**Over to Inuyasha**
 
Inuyasha was in a hurry to catch up to Mayoko, and was urging on the group each day until they had to stop from exhaustion or they couldn't see light anymore. Inuyasha glared at the group as they dragged behind him slowly. Shippo was sighing with bloodshot eyes, Kagome was pulling her bike along and Miroku was even to tired to pull any moves on Sango, whom was holding the sleeping Kirara.
“Inuyasha, can we please stop?” Kagome pleaded, extremely tired. Inuyasha scoffed and slowed down a bit. “We have to catch up!” he barked, glaring back at them. “Inuyasha, she's probably staying at his citadel for a couple of days, we can slow down,” Sango reasoned, leaning against the tree as all the humans of the group stopped. Inuyasha sighed irritably and looked around. “Fine, we'll stop. But you guys get to make camp. I'm going to go catch some fish,” Inuyasha muttered, rolling his eyes and sniffing his way to the nearest stream. He caught a bunch of fish and returned to his comrades, whom had set up camp and were setting a fire. Kagome cooked the fish and in silence they ate.
Inuyasha didn't say anything as he jumped into the tree and started his lookout shift as everyone else fell asleep. He looked up at the night sky between the leaves of the tree and thought about the kiss three days ago. `Why do I keep thinking about this? It's ridiculous. It wasn't even that good of a kiss…..but….she still….' He shook his head of the thoughts and tried to sense any demons. He didn't, then just leaned against the tree thinking. He soon fell asleep, his head sagging.
 
**Next Morning, Sesshomaru's Citadel**
 
Mayoko was awakened, her bloodshot eyes barely opening as the servant stood above her, his black hair swept back into a low ponytail, his dark red eyes glowing like rubies. He smiled at her, and brushed the hair out of her eyes. “Milady, it is time to awaken.” “Who the hell are you?!” Mayoko snapped, sitting up abruptly, her eyes darkening. “I am a servant of Lord Sesshomaru,” he replied smoothly, taking Mayoko's hand and kissing it. She growled and shook his lips off her now tainted skin.
“Don't touch me you beast. I trust no man,” Mayoko snapped, glaring at him. “Very well Milady, but Lord Sesshomaru has requested your presence in the Dining hall. Please come quickly before his patience runs out. Would you like me to come with you?” he purred, lifting Mayoko up and out of bed. She slapped him across the face, Shadow walking up behind her. “My word, leave me alone! I don't need a guide to this place. I've been here before, you vexatious demon!” Mayoko snapped, her eyes darkening.
“He's not that mean, Mayoko-sensei. Give him a chance. He's just doing what he's being told to do,” Shadow reasoned, making Mayoko flinch as she turned. She sighed and shrugged it off. “Fine, but I demand to be left alone forever afterwards,” Mayoko said simply, brushing her fingers through her hair and instantly making is completely groomed. She straightened her closed and walked into the bathroom and washed her face.
She dried off her face and walked out, Shadow already ready. The trio walked out of the room, the servant awfully close to Mayoko. She felt his hand brush over her backside, and she swung her fist backwards and landed square on his nose. He stumbled back a few feet, skidding into the wall as blood drizzled down his lip. “I'm sorry ma'am, I didn't mean to,” he reasoned, smiling as the blood vanished and he returned to her side. She stepped a step away from him, her eyes drifting to his hands.
“Well, here we are, ma'am. Have a wonderful day,” he said softly reaching for her hand. Mayoko smacked it away, glaring at him. “Thank you, I'll be going now…um…” “Kiyani, milady,” he responded with a sly smile. Mayoko rolled her eyes. “Whatever. Good day.” Mayoko opened the doors, looking around for the demon lord. He appeared before her, startling her and she backed up. Sesshomaru stared down at her, his eyebrow raised. “When do you plan on leaving, woman?” he asked, his emotionless mask on. Mayoko bowed. “As soon as you wish me to,” she replied. “Would you like me to depart soon?” “Yes.” “Very well, we shall leave now. Have a fair day, milord,” Mayoko said respectfully, bowing before she exited.
Sesshomaru nodded and turned around, then continued onto his work.
 
 
*END CHAPTER 4*
 
 
Author: Do you know how HARD it is for your character to like someone else than you do?
 
Inuyasha: No one cares.
 
Author: Just ruin the fun, why don't you? *pouts*
 
Inuyasha: That's my job.
 
Author: You're so mean! By the way, if any of you want to e-mail me about your comments or recommendations, e-mail me @ shippos_sister_kuzume@yahoo.com (underscore _ between shippos, sister, and Kuzume.) ^_^
 
Arai: FLAMES!! I WILL SEND FLAMES!!!!!!!
 
Author: Arai, you go away! You aren't allowed in this story!
 
Arai: Aww……*pouts and sulks, then brightens up* I'm going to tell Sesshomaru!
 
Author: *pales* NOO!!!!!!! *chases after Arai*
 
Disclaimer: Wait a second…what am I doing here? *exits*