InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When I'm Apart From You ❯ A Moonlight Meeting ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: I am posting all fics from Fanfiction.net to mediaminer.  These fanfics are listed from oldest to newest.  This fanfic was posted to fanfiction.net   8/19 /04   and has 206 reviews on fanfiction.net.  Keep in mind, I have revised this fic, however, it’s an OLD work.  

 

Ok, here I go with my second fic that’s Bankotsu/Jakotsu. It follows the storyline of an old Japanese legend called Peony Princess. I may twist the ending around. I’m not completely sure yet, but I hope you all enjoy this; it’s for a contest at the website Undying Devotion. Wish me luck!

 

As always another thanks to TailFluffGirl for being my beta reader and putting my stuff on her lovely site ^_^

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

When I’m Apart From You...

Chapter 1: A Moonlight Meeting

 

 

Many years ago at Gamogun, in the province of Omi, was a castle called Adzuchi-no-shiro. It was a magnificent old place, surrounded by walls and a moat filled with lotus lilies. The feudal lord was a very brave and wealthy man, Naraku. His wife had been dead for some years. He had no daughter; but he had a beautiful son with a strange taste in men, who was given the title of Prince.

For a considerable period there had been peace and quiet in the land; the feudal lords were on the best of terms, and everyone was happy. Amidst these circumstances Lord Naraku perceived that there was a good opportunity to find a husband for his son Prince Jakotsu; and after a time the second son of the Lord of Ako, of Harima Province, was selected, to the satisfaction of both fathers, the affair having little to do with the principals. Lord Ako's second son had viewed his bride with approval, and he him. One may say that young people are bound to approve each other when it is the parents' wish that they be united. Many suicides result from this.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Prince Jakotsu sat at the open window of Adzuchi-no-shiro, the wind blowing through his raven hair. The evening set in, as did the setting sun. It filled the sky with many tints and shades of orange and red. He seemed to be in deep contemplation...But about what was the question.

The prince though to himself about the man his father, Lord Naraku had chosen for him. It was true, he was just about the only other man excluding him that had the same preferences as he, but something just wasn’t right about all of this.

He wasn’t really interested in him, nor did he see anything of him, but he though of him and spoke of him. He would have to make up his mind to try and love him for the sake of pleasing his father.

He had thought of the day they met, and how happy he was to find that there was at least one person like him in all of feudal Japan. Jakotsu remembered the salutation and the warm embraces. He remembered how kind he was, and his fairly attractive appearance. He was a nice enough man.

Perhaps being with him wouldn’t be as bad as he thought...

As Prince Jakotsu thought to himself, time seemed to pass all too fast. Soon darkness fell over Japan and adorned it’s dim skies with a vast number of twinkling stars. Jakotsu decided he wanted to go for a stroll in the garden.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

The dark haired prince walked outside, the air was crisp and the gardens seemed calm. There were fireflies happily floating through the air and the wind was calm and gentle against the skin. A few of his friends followed him out, if something should happen to him, they would be there.

He strolled through his favorite peony bed down to the small pond on the other side. He could smell the sweet fragrance of the peony blossoms as the dark haired boy walked slowly through the magnificent garden.

The effeminate boy loved the pond; it was one of his favorite spots in the garden. He would often come there to gaze at his reflection in the calm waters on the night of the full moon and liked to listen to the croaking of frogs and watch the fireflies as they seemed to dance atop the waters, accompanied by their own reflections. There was a mystical presence about that place.

As the young prince neared the edge of the pond to see his reflection, his foot slowly made its way to the corner of the pond. Slowly and surely, his reflection came as he got nearer and nearer to the water’s edge. Suddenly, his foot slipped and Jakotsu let out a small yelp as he seemed to fall into the water.

Unexpectedly, Jakotsu could feel himself being caught by a pair of strong arms. He looked up to see the most handsome figure. He was shorter than Jakotsu was and his skin was tan. He had long black hair which was pulled neatly into a braid and his eyes were a beautiful shade of dark blue. A very odd color for someone of the Japanese culture. The tan figure’s clothes were covered with peonies.

The Prince was shocked, he had no idea where this handsome stranger had came from, or how he got there. It appeared as if it were by magic; an illusionary trick of sorts. The figure stood the prince on his feet and then disappeared without a trace, leaving the young man surprised and dumbfounded as he stood there a few feet from the water’s edge; fireflies buzzing around him as if they had not even noticed the events that took place.

** Who was that?** Jakotsu put a finger up to his red lips as he thought to himself.

**He was cute...And I didn’t even get to thank him. I wonder if anyone else saw that..**

“Are you all right, Prince?” His friends walked over to him, having seen fall and wanting to know if he was injured.

“No...I’m fine..” Jakotsu said lowly, not sure what to think.

The dark haired man began to ask them if they had noticed anything different about his fall. They had replied that they did see Jakotsu fall, and then they saw a glimmer of light, but that was it. The Prince had seen more, much more.

The Prince had seen the most beautiful man he could ever imagine.

Jakotsu, still a bit freaked out by this, decided to go back inside and think for a while. His friends followed him, but soon, they had all left for their own directions, only he and his most trusted friend, Suikotsu remained.

“Oi, Suikotsu.” The taller man said.

“What is it, Prince?” The brown haired man asked.

“Could you stay for a while? I want to talk to you.”

“All right.”

They walked up to Jakotsu’s room and Suikotsu shut the door behind himself.

“Is there something wrong?” He asked.

“ Did you see him?” the dark haired boy asked. “He was at least 17. He must have been -- a samurai of the highest order. His dress was covered with my favorite peonies, and he carried a rather large sword. It looked to heavy for him to lift, but he seemed to have amazing strength. Oh I wish that I could have seen him a minute longer, to thank him for saving me from the water! Who can he be? And how could he have got into our gardens, through all the guards?"

Jakotsu talked throughout the night to his most trusted friend, making him promise not to tell his father. If his father found out about the young samurai, he would behead him for trespassing. The young man didn’t want his father to find him.

As one of his other friends were passing by, they could hear the conversation between the two. They had heard what was said through the door, the young man decided to keep it to himself. After all, he was loyal to the prince and did not want to upset him.

The night, Jakotsu lay awake in bed, thinking of the beautiful samurai and wondering if he would ever see him again.

 

TBC

 

 

  < p>~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Well, there’s chapter 1. This is probably the third longest chapter I have written in my life, the first would be 7,000 + but it was a one shot. anyway, tell me what you think of this little story I have composed. Tell me what you think and how I am doing. I’d love to know. R&R!!