InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When I'm Apart From You ❯ Rising Sickness ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well, here we go with chapter 2 of my little fanfic. It’s not been too long since I posted it, so far, with no advertising, I’ve gotten 11 reviews. That’s not too bad, I think, I’ve just got to advertise and I think I’ll get more. I’m so lazy, and I put off updates, bleh. I’m trying to hurry though, since this is for a contest after all and there is a deadline to reach, so I must get out of my bleh mood and update, update, update!

 

As always: SHOUNEN AI WARNING!! If you ignore it, it’s not my fault what scars your brain.

 

Anyway here is chapter 2, R&R!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

When I’m Apart From You. . .

 

Chapter 2: Rising Sickness

 

 

It had been two days since Prince Jakotsu had met the youthful samurai in the peony gardens, and still he reflected the mysterious man’s presence. So many questions had been left unanswered, and there were so many more things that he had desired to tell him.

The youthful prince went throughout his day thinking of nothing more then this handsome stranger and his mystifying appearance. Prince Jakotsu also couldn’t forget that his wedding day was inching closer and closer all along. In a way, Jakotsu had always wished for this day, and in another way, he was about to think twice about it. His father had tried so hard to find another man who liked men, and he was grateful for that, though he didn’t think much of him.

 

He did want to please Lord Naraku...

 

But then again...He couldn’t help but feel something for this stranger whose outfit was adorned with peonies and that brief moment they had shared in the sacred garden. It was truly wonderful...

 

The dark haired man walked through the peony garden, which looked somewhat plain in the sunlight. The peonies were as beautiful as ever and smelled so sweet. The young prince stood amongst the flowers taking in the saccharine smell of their fragrant nectar. He closed his eyes and imagined that night, how he longed to find that young samurai...

 

After taking a few spins around in the flower field, he flopped down amongst the flowers, sprawled out on the ground. He decided to straighten his position up and put his arms behind his head. The dark haired man stared up at the sky, watching the clouds slowly drift through the blue atmosphere. He sat up when he heard the soft patter of footsteps from a short distance away.

 

He peered over his shoulder and saw Suikotsu walking up to him.

 

“What are you doing here, Prince?” He asked. “I thought you had some duties to tend to.”

 

“Can’t I have a little fun?” Jakotsu asked in a playful voice. “Being a prince is hard work, even I need a break every now and then.”

 

“I suppose.” His friend replied.

 

The young prince stood up, as he did his head seemed to spin and the area he saw became many fast motion blurs. He swayed back and took an uneasy step backwards.

 

“Ugh!” He retorted.

 

The prince looked a bit pale in the face. He took a few more steps backwards and seemed to trip over nothing and fall backwards. Before he could hit the ground, Suikotsu caught him and seemed fretful. He sat the prince down in the flower field. Jakotsu was holding his head and looking pale and dizzy.

 

“Are you all right, Prince Jakotsu?“ Suikotsu asked.

 

“I’m fine, I just had a dizzy spell.” The prince replied with a smile, still looking a bit pale in the face.

 

“Are you sure?” His friend questioned.

 

“I’m sure.” The effeminate boy replied. “I probably just got a rush from standing so quickly.”

 

Suikotsu seemed skeptical of his friend’s excuse. He had thought there was more then just a “rush” , the prince seemed to be catching some sort of infirmity.

 

When Jakotsu got up gradually for the second time, Suikotsu put the dark haired man’s arm around his neck. He didn’t want him to fall again.

 

“Perhaps I should go back inside. I’m supposed to be there anyway.” Jakotsu replied, feeling his head spin a little.

 

“I think you should lie down for a while, you still seem dizzy and unstable.”

 

“Don’t be silly, Suikotsu. I’m fine. “ The young prince replied.

 

Somehow his friend wasn’t so sure of that. Perhaps the prince had caught a draft from being outside last night, or not covering up and getting a draft of something. It could have been from one of his friends, one of them could have had a bug and passed it on to the prince. He had remembered that Kyo had been coughing as of lately. Perchance that was it.

 

The two walked leisurely back into the Adzuchi-no-shiro. They began to advance down the halls, after a while Jakotsu had gotten tired of walking with his arm around his friend as if he were drunk (1) The young prince took his arm from around his friend’s neck and decided to try and walk on his own.

 

“What are you doing?” Suikotsu solicited, unsure if that was a wise decision on Jakotsu’s part.

 

“I can walk, see?” The prince replied.

 

Suikotsu kept his eye on the slightly swaying prince. He could walk, but it didn’t seem to be that well. They walked a fair portion of the hall with minor to no problems.

 

As they neared the turn things went a bit differently.....

 

As Jakotsu walked he could feel slightly warm around his facial area and could slightly sense sweat trickle down the side of his face. His eyes felt a bit heavy and everything seemed so hazy.

 

**What’s wrong with me? ** Jakotsu contemplated to himself as he blinked a few unsure blinks.

 

The effeminate boy’s steps became a bit slower as he could feel himself grow weary. It had never been that hard to walk down the royal halls. It’s seemed the more that Jakotsu stepped the more and more complicated advancing became.

 

Unexpectedly, the room seemed to sway around, as if it were the shifting tides. It almost felt like Jakotsu’s equilibrium had been knocked off balance. (2) At this, the young boy began to freak out. He blinked a couple of times, to make sure his eyes weren’t playing tricks on him.

 

Everything began to spin and Jakotsu could feel his head become light. Soon after that, everything was engulfed in a shroud of darkness.

 

Suikotsu turned around after hearing a loud THUMP on the ground a bit behind him. He saw the prince laying there, sprawled out on the ground, pale and lifeless.

 

“Prince! Prince Jakotsu!” He ran over to his fallen friend and began to yell for help.

 

“Help, the prince has fainted!! Someone help him!!”

 

From all around the guards and staff of Lord Naraku came rushing to see what had happened to their beloved prince. Everything was in a mass of confusion and many questions were asked.

 

“What happened?”

 

“What has happened to our prince?”

 

“Is he injured?”

 

“Is he dead?”

 

“Oh my! Dear Kami!”

 

Suikotsu called one of the servants to go and tell Lord Naraku of the current situation. The servant nodded and took off running in the direction of the Lord’s chambers.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

A/N from in the story.

 

These A/Ns go with specific sentences in the fic. Nothing really important just my thoughts on things.

 

(1) Not that Jakotsu minded that his arm was around another man. ^^;

(2) Getting my equilibrium knocked off has happened to me before in basketball practice.

 

That’s the end of chapter 2. It was a decent read I think. Sure took long enough to write...I’m sooo lazy sometimes. Anyway, be sure to R&R and tell me what you think of my story so far, and a big thanks to all who have reviewed already.

 

R&R!!