InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When I'm Apart From You ❯ To See You Again ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Here’s chapter 4 for all of those anticipated fans. Sorry for the delay, school is yet again eating away at my fic writing time. >< I hate school. Anyway here is chapter 4 of When I’m Apart From You...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*

When I’m Apart From You . . .

 

Chapter 4: To See You Again

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*

 

 Jakotsu was sleeping soundly in bed. The sun shone brilliantly outside and its iridescent beams made their way through his window, hitting his pastel skin and causing him to contort his face and make a slight moaning noise.

 

The dark haired man lightly pulled his covers over his head, hoping to block out the sun’s rays from blinding his eyes and disturbing his peaceful slumber.

 

Since Lord Naraku, Suikotsu and all of the servants had left, the youthful prince thought he could rest in tranquility. It was hard to sleep with all of those people in the room, chatting and moving about. He liked the peace of being unaccompanied.

 

After a few minuets of silence, Jakotsu became so aggravated with the sun, that he couldn’t get back to sleep.

 

“Damn sun...” He muttered to himself, as he made a pouty face and uncovered his features.

 

“I’m never gonna get any sleep around here.”

 

Jakotsu sat up in bed and rested his head on his hand. His hair was in disorder and no longer in the neat bun it had once been in, and the young prince, for once in his life, didn’t care about the way his hair looked. He made an unamused look, irritated at the fact that the sun had messed with his plans of rest and relaxation.

 

** Why can’t it be rainy outside? ** He contemplated to himself.

 

His thoughts were soon interrupted by a quaint tap at the shoji door.

 

** What now? ** Jakotsu thought, as if the sun weren’t problem enough.

 

“Jakotsu-sama, I brought some food for you.” One of the servants told him through the door.

 

“Go away,” The sick prince pulled the cover over his head. “I don’t want it.”

 

“But Jakotsu-sama...”

 

I said go away!” The effeminate boy yelled from under the covers.

 

“Yes...sir...” The servant retorted and walked slowly away.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

The servant walked into the throne room, where Lord Naraku sat, his throne surrounded in darkness. The wavy haired lord seemed to like the darkness for some reason, and there was never any light around his throne, half of the time, you couldn’t tell he was there unless he had spoken to one of the fellow members of the royal court.

 

“Achiro, what are you doing with that food?” Naraku asked the servant, who froze in place.

 

The lord was perched on his throne, one leg crossed over the other; his elbow was rested on one arm of the chair and his head rested in his hand. As for his long, wavy black hair- it cascaded around him.

 

“I was taking it back to the kitchen; the prince said that he wasn’t hungry,” Achiro replied.

 

“How is my son doing?” The wavy haired man asked; his voice monotone.

 

“I suppose he’s still feeling bad,” Achiro looked at the dark place that was Naraku’s throne. “I couldn’t see him, he had his face covered by sheets.”

 

“I see.” Was all that escaped the man’s mouth. “That stubborn boy is going to have to eat sometime. I can’t have him dieing. If he doesn’t eat soon, start force feeding him, you got it?”

 

“Yes sir.” the servant gave a courteous half bow and exited the room, leaving the feudal lord to contemplate to himself once more in the dark abyss he sat in.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Jakotsu heard the slight rustling around the room he was in. Under the silken covers, a tiny gasp escaped his mouth and he froze in place. His grey eyes widened and his mind was in constant wonder.

 

“Hello?” He said nervously. “Who’s there?”

 

He was thinking that it could’ve been one of the servants, pestering him with food again. He received no answer.

 

“Hey!” He shouted. “Answer me!”

 

Still the room was silent.

 

“Damn you!” Jakotsu was beginning to get angry. He flung the covers off of himself and sat up quickly, causing a slight dizziness as he put a hand up to his forehead.

 

The silken sheets, dispersed across the floor. The dark haired man looked about the room, trying to discover any hint of what could’ve been there.

 

As he glanced around, Jakotsu noticed something white lying on the ground. It was a peony flower. The young man walked wobbly over to the white flower and bent over to pick it up.

 

** It looks like the flowers in the peony garden...But how did it get in here? ** The young prince stood up, holding the flower to his chest and looked around the room, not noticing the form that stood behind him.

 

He turned around to go back to bed, since the light headed woozy feeling was returning, but nearly ran into the smaller man in front of him.

 

“It’s you...” Jakotsu was surprised to see who the stature was in front of him. His grasp on the peony flower loosened and the blossom gently fell from his hand.

 

A tan hand caught the falling flower and placed it gently in Jakotsu’s hair, behind his ear. The taller man blushed at the contact his hand made.

 

“You’re the one who caught me by the lake.” Jakotsu stated the obvious.

 

The tanned figure just smiled at him. His midnight blue eyes shimmered in the sunlight. The braided man’s features seemed soft and almost unworldly, as if it were a dream.

 

“How did you get in here?” The prince asked. “My father surely would’ve seen you.”

 

The figure didn’t reply to his question, he simply stood close to the prince, and placed his hands a top the prince’s hips. All Jakotsu could do was stare at the adolescent man, and his heart fluttered slightly at his stroke. What was this feeling that dwelled deep within his being?

 

The taller man’s vision seemed to fade as he stared into the mystic azure eyes of this stranger.

 

“What’s your name? Who are you? Why are you here?” He asked, almost shyly and not noticing the amount of blush that had flushed upon his cheeks.

 

“My name......” The figure spoke, “Is Bankotsu.”

 

“Ban...kotsu...” Jakotsu murmured. “That’s a pretty name.”

 

“You don’t need to know anything further.”

 

“I feel dizzy again..” Jakotsu’s head began to revolve. “I shouldn’t have gotten up out of bed.”

 

The prince fell back, only to be caught by the tanned figure once more. It seemed all too reminiscent to the young man. It was as if he were reliving the events of the pond mishap all over again.

 

Bankotsu carried the sick prince to his bed and softly lay him down, being very gentle, and covering him up afterwards.

 

The tanned man sat backwards in the chair adjacent to Jakotsu’s bed, crossing his arms and resting his head in his arms. He watched the prince as he lay there in bed.

 

Jakotsu, had felt exhausted once again, and he closed his eyes, falling asleep to the stunning stranger that had came back to him.

 

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

There you go, chapter 4 is up and ready and do to the request I’ve had, I decided to make all chapters a page longer so therefore, you have more to read. I hope you’ve enjoyed the latest chapter of When I’m Apart From You, and if you like this story, feel free to read my other stories.

 

Now please R&R and tell me what you think. Remember, even if it is ‘ Good job’ or ‘great story’ I want to hear from you all!